• Published 24th Oct 2016
  • 1,707 Views, 26 Comments

Bride of the Chaos God - NyxoftheNight12



In a small village, Chaos ruled over with an iron fist. In order to appease the angry God and bring order once again, one mare is chosen to be sacrificed as a Bride. *Fluttercord*

  • ...
2
 26
 1,707

Chapter 4

He had sent her to her room. It was the only thing he could do for her right now. As for him, he was taking his anger out on anything and everything in his own room. Blasting everything his magic could destroy, then rebuilding them and destroying them once more. He didn't know how long he had been doing this, but none of it made even a dent in cooling down his anger.

It wasn't until a loud knock on his door was heard that he froze in place.

His eyes narrowed. Only one Goddess would ever dare to interrupt him in his rage.

"What do you want, Luna?" He nearly shouted.

The door opened, revealing the very pony he wanted to see the least right now. She stepped inside, her body poised and controlled, but her eyes saying otherwise.

She was beautiful pony, with a dark coat and a mane that seemed to be embedded with stars. Even her simple, dark blue gown seemed to shine. After all, what else would you expect from the Moon Goddess?

"I think we both know why I'm here." Her eyes narrowed, as if daring him to deny it.

She looked around the room, not at all surprised by the mess that had become of it. The windows were torn off and shredded, with the silk sheets having the same fate. Everything made of glass and porcelain were shattered into bits, with the shards thrown in random direction. Some things were set ablaze and still burning among the ash, while other things were frozen solid. Even the ceiling, walls and floors had deep cracks running across them from the hard impacts.

"Well?" Luna raised an eyebrow at him, like a mother would to a child who misbehaved.

Discord crossed his arms, glaring heavily at her.

"She is alone right now, Discord. She is alone and thou art doing nothing but destroying thy room like a child throwing a tantrum." She scolded, walking closer to him.

Discord looked away from her. The urge to break another one of his objects rose, but he pushed it down. He had already shown enough weakness to the younger Goddess and he wasn't going to break in front of her. Instead, her gritted his teeth and clenched his claw and paw.

"What are you planning on doing?" She asked.

"Get out, Luna." The threat in his voice did not faze her.

"I will not. Not until thou stops this nonsense."

"I. Said. GET OUT!" Discord shout, levitating the only vase that remained intact.

The vase was then hurled towards her at a rapid speed. Luna merely clenched her teeth, lighting the horn. Just before it could make contact with her, the vase flew to the other side and shattered against the cracked wall.

"This will get thee nowhere, Discord!" She stepped forward again. "And you know it."

A long, tense pause rang throughout the room. It wasn't until something caught her eye, the one thing, a picture frame, that remained untouched by his rage, that Luna broke it.

"You were thinking of Her, weren't you?" Luna asked, already knowing the answer.

"Get out, Luna." Discord said again.

This time, Luna complied. Right before she left, however, she turned back to say one last thing.

"I know you miss her. We all do. But thou must move on. Don't ignore thy new Bride. She has done nothing to deserve it."

The door closed.


Fluttershy was crying. Even though she promised herself that she wouldn't, she was crying. She didn't know how long it had been since she started, but she knew that it was not going to end anytime soon.

The satin, feathered pillow and silk sheets were already soaked with tears and a complete mess from her hugging them close to her body.

It wasn't fair. It wasn't fair!

Her head hurt, both from crying and it being pulled back by the hair pins, which she didn't even bother to take out. Her nose was running, making it hard for her to breath through it. She was shaking with sobs, gripping and pressing the pillow to her face to muffle them.

Why? Why did it have to be her?!

Knock Knock Knock

Fluttershy jumped.

"Oh Lady Discord! May I come in?" A high pitched voice said from the other side. "It's Pinkie Pie here to cheer you up! ~I brought cake~."

Fluttershy sniffed, pushing herself up to a sitting position and wiped her eyes and nose. She really didn't want her to come in, but who was she to deny a Goddess?

"C-Come in." She whispered.

She didn't know how anyone could ever hear it, as she barely did, but no sooner than she said it, the door opened. The pink Goddess, was completely blocked from sight. Fluttershy felt her jaw drop as she saw the huge pastry that Pinkie Pie was pushing in.

"Hey, silly filly. I hope you like sweets, cause old auntie Pinkie Pie is here with the Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness, or the 'MMMM', as I like to call it!

Fluttershy found herself humming along with her. She wiped her eyes again and gave the jester a small smile.

"Thank you." She said, accepting the rather large slice of cake and the fork that was handed to her.

"It's no problem. Anything for a new friend!" Pinkie said, flashing the biggest smile that Fluttershy had ever seen.

Fluttershy felt her eyes widen in shock. Why on Earth would a Goddess, especially a High ranking one, ever want to be friends with a lowly mortal like her? A peasant no less?

"I'm friends with everypony! Even old Cranky Doodle Donkey, though that took a while. Who knew donkeys could be so stubborn?"

There she was, talking rapidly again without losing her breath. This time, however, Fluttershy didn't mind it. It was king of comforting to see someone so carefree. Nopony in her village, not even the foals, were even close to being this energetic.

"Isn't that right, Lady Discord?" Fluttershy blinked in surprise.

She had no idea what this pony had just said. How was she suppose to respond?

"I-I...umm..." She bit her lip. She was terrified of angering her, but she had nothing else to say.

The Goddess then smiled. What did she do?

"It's OK if you don't like the banjo! I can play any instrument you want at the Wedding!"

What?

"W-Wedding...?" Of course. She was to be married.

The thought made Fluttershy look down.

Comments ( 7 )

It was king of comforting to see someone so carefree.

I think you mean "Kind".

7996798
Crap. This is why I suck at editing.

7997568 We all have our off days.

Any hope of this being continued. It is well written and has a great plot line.

8499113
Eh. I'm not really in the fandom (both this one and Bride of the Water God) anymore.
Maybe someday, but I have other things I want to prioritize. If I do come back to it, it'll be to re-write it.

8624378
About that....I'm not into MLP as I was last year when I wrote it and I want to focus on some other projects and school at the moment. I may return to this someday, but if I do, it'll be to rewrite it.

Login or register to comment