• Published 24th Oct 2016
  • 1,701 Views, 26 Comments

Bride of the Chaos God - NyxoftheNight12



In a small village, Chaos ruled over with an iron fist. In order to appease the angry God and bring order once again, one mare is chosen to be sacrificed as a Bride. *Fluttercord*

  • ...
2
 26
 1,701

Chapter 2

Discord was getting impatient.

Tapping his talons on the table, he scanned the room again. He had been waiting for two hours already and there was still no sign of his new wife.

Though, now that he thought about it, he shouldn't really have been surprised since it was Rarity in charge of getting her ready. Seriously, that mare took forever to just get her makeup done, not to mention picking out her clothes.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when the door opened.

In came a small, scaled being wearing armor, usually meant for only the highest rank of warriors, and a flowing red cape.

"Sir Discord, your bride shall be here shortly." The drake bowed.

This was Spike the Dragon, God of Riches and Jewels. He usually carried a spear that looked far too big for him, but Discord knew better than to assume he couldn't use it. He had seen him fight on the battlefield before and knew not to underestimate him.

"About time. What is Rarity doing that's taking them so long?" Discord grumbled.

"Well, it was kind of last minute preparations, so she didn't really have the whole thing planned out first. Plus, you know how Mistress Rarity gets when she's in charge." Spike said, shuddering a bit as he remembered the last time someone interrupted her 'inspiration'.

"Oh yes. You looked absolutely dazzling in that Crystal Suit of yours." Discord smirked.

Spike's cheeks turned a brilliant shade of red. It had taken him ages to eat through that suit. He shook his head, forcing the blush down.

"So, anyways, why?" Spike asked, trying to go to another topic.

"Why what?"

"Why a bride, of all things? You really aren't the type to ask for that kind of stuff." Spike said. The whole thing was really surprising when he found out about it that morning.

"Well you see," Discord frown, resting his chin on his paw. "I didn't ask."

Spike's eyes widened.

"You didn't? Then why is she here?" He was really confused at this point.

"A sacrifice, I suppose." Discord's voice turned serious for the first time in a millennium. Spike saw him clenched his glass of chocolate milk, almost to the point of shattering it.

"Sacrifice?" Spike gulped, horrified. 'Ponies still do that?'

He had sacrifices made to him before, usually animals and the occasional object of value. But there had been only a few times where actual ponies were given to him as an offering. Those few times, he had made sure to punish the offenders severely for it.

"Yes, sacrifice." Spike jumped when the glass cracked. "Do you know what a surprise it was when I felt myself being summoned, only to find that they were forcing a mare, a child, to say wedding vows to me!"

The glass shattered, but Discord paid no mind to it. Spike was beyond disgusted at this point.

"Not only that, but they were celebrating afterwards! Those ponies celebrating the death of a girl." Discord took a few deep breaths.

"And yet, despite it all, she still prayed for me to stop the chaos. Praying for the very village that had sent her to her death." Discord sighed, snapping his fingers to clean up his mess.

Spike stood there, shocked at how cruel ponies could be.

Knocking on the door caused the pair to look up.

"Sir Discord, your bride is here." The singsong voice of Pinkie Pie called out.

"No no no." Rarity's voice interrupted. "That is Not how you introduce someone. Allow me."

Discord rolled his eyes as Rarity cleared her throat.

"Presenting, the beautiful and honorabl-" Rarity yelped, followed by a small thud.

"Just get on with it. You already made us look at dress after dress for two hours!" That was obviously Rainbow Dash.

"Um, girls..." Twilight tried to get their attention.

"Well, I'm sorry that I actually care about making her presentable for Sir Discord, unlike someone."

"Girls..."Twilight tried again.

"She was already presentable twenty dresses ago!" Their voices were getting louder.

"Girls, please!" Poor Twilight.

"You know perfectly well that that dress didn't match with her mane right!"

"GIRLS!" Twilight screamed.

"WHAT?!" The two bickering goddesses shouted back.

"Sir Discord is waiting."

"Oh."

'Finally' Discord thought, getting a bit irritated.

"Spike, would you be a dear and hold the door open." Rarity called out, using the most charming of voices.

Spike's eyes turned into hearts.

"Anything for you, Mistress Rarity." He said, love struck beyond belief.

Once Spike opened the door, the six goddesses walked inside. Surprisingly, Cadence was leading them inside as opposed to Rarity. Even more, when Rarity turned around and walked back into a hallway.

"Come along, darling. He's waiting for you." Rarity said to the pony left outside in the hallway.

Discord heard a faint whisper, but not enough to make out words.

"There's nothing to be afraid of. He's not going to hurt you, dear."

The girls looked a bit nervous, eyes going to the open door to Discord, the back again. Twilight gave a very forced laugh, before rushed outside to help Rarity bring the girl in.

It was another few minutes before hoof steps were heard once again. Discord didn't even bother sitting up straight, being too annoyed by the wait.

Rarity walked back in, pulling the girl, whose name he didn't even know, inside. Twilight quickly shut the door, just in case she tried to run out again.

"I sincerely apologize for the wait, Sir Discord. Please allow us to present your Bride." Twilight bowed deeply.

The girl was gently pushed forward.

Discord studied the mare, feeling more disgust building up in him.

She was younger than he had originally thought. The mare didn't look like she was even sixteen yet, even with all of the mature accessories and dress that Rarity has dressed her in.

"Please excuse us." Cadence's voice snapped him out of his thoughts. "We will let you spend time with your Bride."

With one last bow, they all teleported out.