• Published 24th Oct 2016
  • 1,709 Views, 26 Comments

Bride of the Chaos God - NyxoftheNight12



In a small village, Chaos ruled over with an iron fist. In order to appease the angry God and bring order once again, one mare is chosen to be sacrificed as a Bride. *Fluttercord*

  • ...
2
 26
 1,709

Chapter 1

Fluttershy shivered slightly, feeling the bright light of the sun sting at her eyes.

"Oh my! You're here already!" A female voice said, causing her to snap her eyes open in surprise.

A pair of gentle hoofs carefully helped her up.

"You must be the bride. Please to meet you." The voice said.

Once her eyes adjusted, she took in her helper's appearance, and bit back a gasp.

She was a beautiful mare, radiating such an aura of beauty and compassion. Wearing the most exquisite dress and jewelry meant for royalty, and holding herself up with such grace, she could only be a goddess.

The mare bowed to her, an act that Fluttershy couldn't even fathom why, with such practiced elegance that it made her feel as if she was the one who was bowing.

"My name is Cadence. Goddess of Love and Family. It's a pleasure to meet you, Lady Discord." She said in the most polite tone Fluttershy had ever heard.

But it only made Fluttershy look down in shame.

Lady Discord.

That's right. Even her name was stripped from her.

Cadence rose, returning to her perfect posture in mere seconds.

"Please allow me to escort you to your room. Your husband shall call you for dinner tonight. In the meantime, he has prepared for you to be bathed and dressed. Please follow me."

Fluttershy nodded, not daring to speak to someone of such high power. She followed the goddess, feeling sick to her stomach.

Already, she felt like an object. A mere puppet for him to control and stare at. Without a say in anything meant for her. A lonely trophy wife for him to admire and order around, not expected to have a mind of her own.

"Everyone," Fluttershy blinked in surprise. She took a look around, seeing herself reflected on the spotless floors and walls of an elaborate bathhouse.

Wait, everyone?

Glancing forward, she was met with the sight of five more goddesses, each one vastly different from each other, in both dress and aura.

The first, hovering above the ground with powerful looking wings, was a cyan mare colored by a rainbow and dresses in decorative armor. Clouds and lightning was stamped on her flank and her armor's insignia. She radiated a feeling that strangely reminded Fluttershy of that which you got before a storm came.

The second, wearing the clothes that only a jester would wear, was a pink mare that looked as if she never stood still for long. She was humming a merry tune. Balloons, a luxury for the rich, were proudly displayed anywhere they could without looking even the slightest bit awkward. Fluttershy was surprised at the extreme feeling of laughter that came from her.

The third, and by far the most beautiful of them all, was a mare whose coat was so white that it shone in the light. She had decorated herself with the finest silk and jewels, some that Fluttershy didn't even know existed, and the best makeup possible. Pure grace and beauty, much stronger even that that of Cadence, didn't even begin to compare to the feeling she emitted.

The fourth, dressed in mostly modest attire, was a lavender mare with an owl perched atop of her back. While she didn't appear very special, with not a single thing she wore being of much value, minus the star pendent she wore, her eyes told a different story. One of wisdom and knowledge that could only be aquired through centuries of experience.

The final mare, by far the strongest looking of the bunch, was dressed in what Fluttershy could only classify as farmers clothes, with three apples adorning her flank. Her face was freckled and her hair was messy, while her coat was not much better than her father's, indicating that she spent most of her time in the sun. Even so, the aura of a hardworking and honest mare was strong enough that only a goddess could have it.

Fluttershy quickly dropped her gaze, hiding behind her surprisingly dry hair.

"This is Lady Discord. We are to get her ready for tonight's dinner." Cadence then turned to Fluttershy. "Lady Discord, allow me to introduce you to everyone."

"This is Rainbow Dash. Goddess of War, Speed and Competition." Cadence gesture to the first mare.

"Yo." She responded, her voice a bit raspy and tomboyish. Fluttershy nodded politely in response.

"This is Pinkie Pie, Goddess of Laughter and Trickery." Cadence continued, pointing at the second mare.

Before she could blink, Pinkie Pie gasped and in a mere second, Fluttershy had a goddess in her face speaking so fast that she didn't understand a single syllable coming out of her mouth. Fluttershy yelped in fright, slowly starting to back away.

Not that it did any good, since Pinkie merely took a few steps forward while continuing her verbal assault.

It wasn't until Fluttershy was nearly in tears that someone grabbed the pink pony by the tail and pulled her away.

Instantly, the lavender goddess walked up and bowed to her in apology.

"I'm completely sorry about that, Lady Discord. Pinkie Pie here gets excited whenever we have company." The mare rose and stuck out a hoof. Fluttershy waited a few seconds, before she shyly took it and gave it a gentle shake.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle. I'm the Goddess of Wisdom. Nice to meet you, Lady Discord." She said.

It took a few moments for Fluttershy to notice that she was waiting for a response. Gathered up all her courage, she gulped before responding.

"L-Likewise." Her voice was soft, barely audible and stuttered, but the goddess merely smiled and nodded before backing away.

Cadence cleared her throat before gesturing to the farmer.

"This is Applejack-"

Cadence was cut off when Applejack walked over and firmly, a bit too firmly, shook Fluttershy's hoof.

"Nice to meet yah! My name's Applejack. I run all the plants and whatnot." She had a thick southern accent.

Fluttershy nodded, pulling her sore hoof away.

"As you can see, she's the Goddess of Agriculture." Cadence said, looking a bit annoyed at being interrupted.

Applejack didn't even notice the look. And if she did, she ignored it completely.

"I can introduce myself, Cadence." The beautiful mare said, walking forward with such delicate steps.

"My name is Rarity. Goddess of Beauty and Desire. And might I say, you look absolutely beautiful in that dress, darling." Even her voice was elegant.

Fluttershy bowed in thanks, then stood still as she waited for her next instructions.

"Now, girls. Discord wants her ready for dinner tonight and has asked us to help bathe and dress her. We have a bit of time, so this will a snap." Cadence clapped her hoofs, a sound that scared to poor pegasus.

"Oh, leave the dress to me! I know just the outfit that will work. If you would excuse me, I'll be back in a bit." Rarity said.

With a small flash of light, she was gone.

Fluttershy didn't get much time to stare in shock, as she was pulled over to the large bath.

Fluttershy sighed and she began to strip out of the ceremonial dress.