• Published 22nd Oct 2016
  • 3,146 Views, 29 Comments

Flying Together - GoldenChaos



Rainbow Dash and Soarin fly together after the events of 'Newbie Dash'

  • ...
6
 29
 3,146

Wanna Go For a Flight?

It was late at night when Rainbow finished cleaning the stadium after her mistake. She wiped at her sweaty forehead, and smiled contently as she looked around. It was finally clean, like Rainbow didn't decide to do the stupid stunt that she had. Rainbow set the broom down beside her, and she sat down, flaring out her wings, ready to take flight. Suddenly, somepony cleared their throat behind her, and Rainbow zoomed into the air, afraid.

"Who's there?" growled Rainbow. Whipping her head down, she saw a smirking Soarin looking up to her.

"Did I scare you, Crash?" teased Soarin. Rainbow crossed her arms.

"Moi? Scared? Nah," said Rainbow quickly, blushing hard. She glared daggers at Soarin. "You shouldn't sneak up on ponies, especially late at night. I was about to pound you!" Rainbow punched the air. Soarin rolled his eyes.

"Sure you were," said Soarin sarcastically. "You screamed and flew in the air, totally about to pound me." Rainbow growled, landing on the ground.

"Do you want to get a punch in the face?" asked Rainbow, pounding her hooves together, her eyes hungrily awaiting a response. Soarin gulped and shut his mouth, shaking his head fast. "That's what I thought." Soarin coughed.

"So, I have a question," started Soarin. "Wanna go for a small flight?" Rainbow raised a curious eyebrow.

"For what?" asked Rainbow, inclining her head to the right.

"Dunno, just wanna go on a flight," replied Soarin, shrugging.

"Okay, I guess," replied Rainbow, and the two of them flapped their wings and flew into the cool, night sky. Soarin looked over to Rainbow, seeing her magenta eyes focused ahead of her. She looked over to Soarin, her lips slightly parted. Soarin quickly looked away, and blushed. He wasn't in the uniform, but since it was dark, and the night of the new moon, Rainbow didn't see the red on his cheeks.

"So, why has the nickname Crash bothered you so much?" asked Soarin. "You never gave us the full story." Soarin looked over to Rainbow, and she didn't meet his eyes.

"When I was a filly, and it was my first day at Flight Camp, I tried to do a flip in the air to impress everypony else," explained Rainbow. They paused, flying in midair. "I ended up crashing into a trash can, like what happened two days ago, and these bullies called me Rainbow Crash for many years afterwards." A tear fell out of her eyes, and Soarin frowned deeply. He had a crush on her, and he didn't want her to cry. He was making a risky move, but it was all he had.

"At least they didn't call you Rainbow Trash," smirked Soarin. Rainbow sniffed, and she chuckled darkly.

"What did you say?" asked Rainbow, punching Soarin lightly in the arm. "Heh. My friend Pinkie said the same thing." Soarin smiled. It seemed to brighten Rainbow's mood.

"Cool," was all Soarin could reply. Rainbow tilted her head to the side.

"Why are you so interested in knowing more about me?" asked Rainbow. Soarin's eyes darted away.

"I-I want to get to know my team mate better," replied Soarin.

"Okay, what's the real reason you asked to fly with me? I know that's not it, we talk all the time in headquarters," said Rainbow bluntly. Soarin blushed, and even in the darkness, Rainbow saw it. "Why are you so red?"

"Is it just me or is it hot up here?" asked Soarin nervously.

"It must be you, because it's pretty chilly up here," said Rainbow. "Okay, spit it out." Soarin's shoulders sagged.

"You win," sighed Soarin. "I wanted to confess something." He paused, looking for a way to get out of this confession. Rainbow tenderly put a hoof on his shoulder.

"What is it?" asked Rainbow softly. Soarin remained silent. "Come on, we don't have all day!"

"I have a crush on you!" blurted out Soarin. "I really, really do, ever since the incident where Wind Rider framed you, and you were proven innocent. I noticed how much of a good flier you are, how funny you are, and how beautiful you are."

Rainbow remained silent, shock filling her face. Soarin sighed and turned away. "You probably don't feel the same, but I won't stop trying to get you to like me as well. I don't know if this crush will fade, but I hope it won't. It feels so right, as being with you does. Please Rainbow," Soarin turned his head back to Rainbow. "Please accept my feelings." Silence followed. Soarin sighed, and started to fly away.

"Soarin, WAIT!" called Rainbow. Soarin paused. He turned to her, and instantly, Rainbow's lips crashed onto his. Soarin sighed happily, kissing back, and his hooves ran through her rainbow mane. They pulled back minutes later, gasping for air.

"I've had a crush on you too, ever since I met you," replied Rainbow, smiling. "You have seemed so awesome, and liked the same things as me." Soarin smiled.

"So, want to go on a date sometime?" asked Soarin. Rainbow smirked.

"Yeah, I think I will have time for it, Clipper," replied Rainbow. Soarin shoved her, and laughed. They flew into the night sky, holding hooves tightly.


Down on the ground, Spitfire smirked at the new couple above. She couldn't wait to tease them about their new relationship. But, she would keep their secret until they were ready.

Author's Note:

SOARINNDASSHHH surprised? Thought I only wrote FlutterCord? HAHAHA PRANKED