• Published 28th Oct 2016
  • 5,511 Views, 2,293 Comments

Tales of the Battle Foals - Sirdubya



Equestria hates fighting, so what happens when a foal is born with a special talent for it? For Fire Fight, a grand adventure across the lands will ensue. One that will open everypony's eyes, and show him the true meaning of who he is.

  • ...
18
 2,293
 5,511

PreviousChapters
Epilogue

It had been five months since the defeat of Snowdrop. Ponyville, while still in the recovery process, had made fantastic progress being that it’s denizens had little issue working together. Quantum Tech, now a new resident, made the process go by much faster by optimizing the construction crew’s equipment, which they more than appreciated, at least after she explained how the new doohickeys worked. Zebota also had Shrapnel put his brute strength to use in helping to lift materials and equipment. During breaks, some of the workers played with the big guy, which his master was more than pleased with.

The schoolhouse was one the first buildings that got fully rebuilt, and Fire Fight was on his way there, ready another typical day. He’d been brought up to speed on the curriculum he’d missed when class was meeting in Twilight’s castle, as well as Quantum tutoring him.

Being that Quantum Tech was allowed to graduate early due to her smarts, she now lived with Dr. Whooves in town as promised. He went to visit her every now and again, which she was more than happy to entertain, and he was happy to see that her new life had been bringing her so much joy.

Zecora had decided to homeschool Zebota so as to keep him acclimated to her native culture, but also help ease him into pony society. He was able to befriend the other school foals easily, who were more than eager to learn more about zebras, and Shrapnel was happy to let them play with him. Fluttershy certainly enjoyed having a fellow animal lover to talk to.

But as happy as things were, Fire Fight felt solemn. He’d been writing to all of his friends across Equestria, and they’d been doing much better than they were before, but the only one who seemed to fall off the map was the one who’d been raised off the map, Shadow Shroud.

Five months, and he heard nothing. He had no address to write her to, and he hadn’t received any mysterious letters or anything of the sort that even hinted as to her whereabouts, or for that matter her wellbeing. As he walked down the forested trail to school, he came upon the spot where he first witnessed her jump across the treetops above him. Now, the forest was as serene as could be. Birds were chirping, and the surrounding flora was a still as statues. Nopony else was there. He sighed heavily.

“Hey, man!” a voice called from behind him. It was Button Mash accompanied by the CMC as well as Diamond Tiara and a giddily smiling Silver Spoon. He would visit with them from time to time as well.

“Hey, guys…” Fire Fight mumbled.

“Aww. Still missing all your friends?” Sweetie Belle said.

Fire Fight cracked a little smile. “Y-Yeah. It’s okay though… Let’s get moving before we’re late.”

Silver Spoon pranced beside him as they made their way to school. “Oh Fire Fight, quit being so glum! You saved Equestria like the big hero you are, and you and the Battle Foals! You really ought to start loosening up after your big adventure.” She said, giving a light hip check.

Fire Fight drifted a little way away from her. “S-Sure…” he stammered, feeling a bit uncomfortable.



When they got to class, they sat down. Fire Fight had taken back the seat he had beside Button Mash, where he sat solemnly as Ms. Cheerilee wore her bright smile for the whole class.

“Good morning, class!” Cheerilee said, to which she was greeted back, except for a moping Fire Fight. “I’m pleased to announce that we have a new student joining us today!”

“Whoa! Really?” Scootaloo said. The rest of the class shared her excitement, while Fire Fight felt mild intrigue.

“Really!” Cheerilee said. She turned to her left. “She’s from- huh?” But nopony was there for her to introduce. “Umm… She was just here beside me.”

Suddenly, Fire Fight felt something whizz right beside him as fast as lightning. “Huh!?” He looked over, but nothing was; but it seemed like his classmates noticed it too, because they were looking around as though they sensed it too.

It happened again. It dashed right behind Fire Fight, which Button apparently saw. “Whoa!” he said, prompting Fire Fight to turn to face him. “What was that!?”

“What was what?” Fire Fight asked.

Button didn’t answer. For some reason, his mouth suddenly hung agape as seemed to stare right at Fire Fight… or perhaps right next to Fire Fight. “Um, dude?”

“What?” Fire Fight asked. He then felt somepony tap him on the shoulder. He turned to them… and saw somepony calmly sitting atop his desk.

“Miss me?”

“GYAH!!” Fire Fight fell back and out of his chair. When he looked up, his panic turned to elation when he saw a familiar face.

“Seriously, Fire Fight?” she said jumping down from his desk and walking up to him. “After all we went through together, all the killer monsters, all the crazy ponies, all the dangerous territory, and I’m still able to startle you?” She playfully sighed. “I really do have to babysit you, don’t I?”

SHADOW SHROUD!!!” Fire Fight shot up from the ground and threw his arms around her, whom he was shocked to see wasn’t clad, not even in her midnight garbs. “You… You’re… Is this real!?”

Shroud giggled as she embraced him back. “Sure is, hot shot. No fancy tricks this time.” She said. “I had a longer heart-to-heart with my mother, and she agreed that maybe I ought to be granted a real fillyhood. I’m still a Shadewalker mind you, but one you’ll be able to go to school and spend time with.”

Fire Fight started crying from sheer joy. “This is the best day of my life!” He firmly pressed his lips onto hers, and the two shard a passionate kiss. The whole class clapped for them, save a sobbing Silver Spoon, whom Diamond Tiara was comforting.

With his fire burning at his fullest, Fire Fight was now more sure than ever that he’d lit the why for a bright future.

Author's Note:

Well guys, here it is! The real Journey's End.
I'm so thankful that you all decided to take this journey with me, and for your feedback. This story was an undertaking and a half, and I'm so happy that it you were all able to enjoy it.

Shortly after this chapter is posted, I'll be writing a Blog post on here talking more about my feelings about the story, but I also encourage you to leave criticisms of this story on there as well if you don't decide to leave them here. Be on the lookout for it!

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 16 )

I love it
https://youtu.be/taD2YOx47fQ
This story: what do you say you wanna go around again
Me: I do
https://youtu.be/fGQfuvCd2Lc
Minus the kiss because that would be super weird

Oh, holy shit it's complete? I've got some catching up to do.

Just found this and I look forward to reading it!

I found this story close to when it was just beginning, and I got to say it's been one hell of a ride. You've brought me a lot of enjoyment with this fim-fic, enough that I often thought about it in my day to day life. While I am sad that it is over, I'm happier that I got to experience it.
Thanks for the memories.

P.S. Shadow Shroud is best Battle Foal.

11291500
Thank you for enjoying it!:twilightsmile:

It was a truly marvelous adventure!
Do you plan any form of continuation, like a series of one shots about everyone getting back to their lives, dealing with some still lingering problems coming back, small threats they individually defeat to give them individual times to shine, with a get-together-turned-save-the-world-again event as a finisher?

11291564
As far as outright sequels go, I don't plan on it. I wrote a blog post detailing why. That said, I wouldn't be totally against the idea of one-shots.

11291434
fallout equestria project horizons

I enjoyed this story. aside from minor spelling mistakes and odd word choices. I was enthralled by the foals and their journey.

11297159
Thanks!
Yeah, I started this story 6 years ago when my writing skills weren’t as refined, so I apologize for said grammatical oddities.

11297360
This chapter would have been better if you had told us what the remaining Battle Foals were doing.

I loved reading this for 3 days straight, fire fight becoming an alicorn was pretty hype.

11497790
I’m happy you loved it so much!:twilightsmile:

11689116
Wow, thank you for answered,this is Very cool of you:twilightsheepish:.

Login or register to comment