• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 1,005 Views, 21 Comments

V-472 - SimpleWriter



I never said I was a good person before the first night. I wasn't evil. I didn't know what evil was. Now? I don't even know what I am anymore. All I do is walk, let the worlds take me where they please. I survive, even when I lack the will to do so.

  • ...
8
 21
 1,005

Chapter 1 'A Long Night' Sec.4 'Reunion'

"Keep your head down! It's gonna be ok!"

The truck raced down the street, turning left and right. With each direction change, I would slide along with it, before I bumped into somebody. I felt a hand grasp my foot. I found that a women with her blonde hair wrapped in a bun was trying to get my attention. She had to have been in her mid to late twenties. I would've noticed how gorgeous she was if it wasn't for the pain in my shoulder.

"It's going to be alright!" She assured. "Stay calm. Now what's your na-"

"Please!" I begged. "Can someone please look at my shoulder!? It hurts! It fucking hurts!"

"OH MY GOD!" A middle aged women behind me gasped. I looked back to see that she was covering her sons eyes. I recognized her! She's Christa's aunt, Daisy, all the way up from Michigan.

"Daisy!" I groaned. "What!? What is it?!"

"Heather!" Daisy called out. You better take a look at this!"

More and more people gasped and cursed under their breath when they looked at my back. Crawling up to me, Heather, the one who grabbed my foot, was now trying to get a look at my back while I lied on my stomach.

"Oh boy...oh boy." She whispered to herself.

"WHAT!?" I snapped. "What is it!?"

"Ok, sir?" Heather said with a clear tone. "I need you to stay flat on your stomach for me, ok? Good, just stay like that."

"What...is wrong with my back!?"

"Oscar, you don't want to see. You DON'T. Trust me!"

"Let me see! I want to know! Let me see!"

"Sir? Yo-"

"Show it to me!" I said, cutting Heather off.

"Just hold still while I take a picture." Heather said. There was a click of a phone and a flash. "But I need you to stay calm when I show this to you, ok?"

Still flat on my stomach, Heather showed me her phone while my face was smudged against the bed of the truck. I looked, and I nearly shit myself. There was a large thorn protruding from my left shoulder. A shard of wood, sticking right out of my back! It was jagged and covered with splinters! It was about the length of a thumb and about as wide as a fucking fingernail. My back was smeared with blood.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed.

I instantly tried to reach back and grab it, but Heather pushed me down. Someone that I couldn't see was holding my legs down.

"Stay still! Just stay calm! I know it looks bad, but we can't pull it out, not yet!"

"I need to go to a HOSPITAL!!"

"That can't happen right now!" Heather sternly said. "We're gonna get you help as soon as possible!"

How? Just how did a wooden shard get lodged in my shoulder? The door...it was the door. I remember now. I was climbing out the window...and then BANG! Everything got destroyed, the window, door and all. That's was when it hit me in the shoulder! That's when I got hit. Oh god, what else is wrong with me!? The explosion shattered the window for sure! How much glass sliced my back to shreds!? What else is injured!?

"Please! Just...just take me to a hospital...please."

"Just hold on!" Heather consoled. "We'll end there soon."

I felt...faded. Faint. Minuet by minuet, a darkness began to envelop my vision. When the blackness took over, all of the noise faded into the distance. I would be alone in the depths of my mind, thoughtless, unconscious, not myself. From time to time, I would wake up. It was only for moments at a time. I wouldn't see for long. The pain puts me out. However, every time I woke up, I would notice a change. People would change their positions, building overhead were gone, fresh bullet holes in the metal of the truck. Soon enough, there were more trees above me than buildings.

"Oscar! Oscar!! Can you hear me!!?"

That voice...I know that voice. It was low, rough, gravely. He spoke with a strong British accent. There is only one person that I knew who has that European twang.

"D...dad.."

"Is there someone with medical training? We need help over here, stat!"

"Right here's good!" I heard Heather's voice bark.

"Here are the pliers! The alcohol." Dan said, hearing his footsteps rush over to me.

I keep blacking out. I can't even tell what is happening anymore. I can't focus. I can't stay awake.

"Wher...what's happen-" I groaned.

"He's awake. Sean, you're his father. You're gonna want to be the first thing he sees!" Heather ordered.

"He's gonna be awake either way! Keep him calm, keep him informed!"

I felt a hand lightly tap my cheek. "Oscar? Os'"

"Daddd...what the helllll."

"Everything is going to be alright. Look at me, ok? Look at me."

I forced my eyes open. A blurry but recognizable face came into view. I could see the many wrinkles on his face, the grey bushy beard, his relieved grin.

"You're hurt, Oscar." He said as calm as possible. "But it's going to be fixed. No matter what happens, just keep your eyes on me, alright?"

"Dad..." I moaned, more awake than ever. "Yor ok.."

I felt four pairs of hands press down hard onto my arms and feet. Looking on in confusion, Dad told me over and over to keep my eyes on him, but he slowly pressed his hands over my head, and held me down.

"This is going to hurt. I want you to know that, but it will be quick, like ripping off a bandage. Just look at me. That's it."

He pressed harder. "That's right look at me. Ready?" His eyes pivoted up to someone behind me.

"One..."

A sickening churn of my stomach symbolized that I knew what was about to happen.

"Tw-"

Right there and then, I saw white. A white flash of pain. Utter fucking agony. Something clamped down around the thorn hard, and pulled straight up. There was a loud, wet, pop that filled my ears. I screamed and screamed. My legs and arms kicked and squirmed frantically out of control. My body quivered and my throat was already burning from the screams. It only got worse when I felt a wet stream of blood run along my side, only to pool up against my body.

"I got it! It's out!" I heard a muffled cry.

"Look at me! Just look at me, son!"

"Applying the alcohol."

"It's almost over, son. You're almost there."

Once the alcohol touchy my skin, that was when it returned at full force. My shoulder erupted in flames. It burned, it stung. My screams returned once more. Everything went white once again.

"Don't just stand there, horse!" Dan barked. "DO SOMETHING!"

"This is all I can do!"

A nasally wheezy voice greeted me as something poked my shoulder. My entire body jolted hard. There was a blue glow from behind me that got brighter and brighter, but the. It instantly died.

"It's all I can do, really." The voice wheezed, exhausted. "I can't...I can't do anything about the pain."

"Give him this..." Heather said. "It's not much, but it will help tide him over."

That was when I blacked out for the final time. When I woke up, I was woozy. I was completely still, but everything just seemed to say from side to side. Everything ha and fuzzy, then clear. Darker, then lighter. With enough strength to push myself up, I did so. I whinced in pain. My shoulder throbbed, but it hurt much, much less than before. I did seem to remember someone saying something about helping the pain. But nonetheless, I was still groggy and groaning.

"Ahh...Ow! Ow ow ow...shit."

"Oscar!" A gasp came from my left.

My father was sitting on a tree stump, ready to embrace me with a hug of relief. I didn't say a word, I didn't care about how I was physically. I pushed myself off the surface I was on, and I wrapped my arms around him.

"Easy, easy, easy!" He said, carefully wrapping his arms around me as well. "You're hurt. You need to lie down."

"You're ok! You're safe..." I wheezed.

"Please, son." He whispered, gently moving back towards where I was laying down. I was surprised to see that I was laying on top of a Dan's truck. There was a blanket underneath and a blanket on top. A pillow was where I was resting my head. "I'll stay with you as long as you like."

"How..." I winced clumsily, getting under the blanket. "How long was I out for?"

"Well I can't say for sure." He whispered shrugging. "It's almost 3:00 now. It felt like you were out forever, but I would roughly say, well...an hour? Hour and a half? It wasn't easy, but some strangers, and some of Christa's folks helped get that wood out of your back."

"Oh thank god, you awake!"

Through the crunching of snow, I saw a frantic Christa running at full speed towards me. She wore her favorite black, puffy coat; and she wore a pair of jeans. Her hair was in knots and all over the place. Hey beautiful eyes were now red and puffy from crying so long. But she was ok. I was ok. Everyone's ok, and that's all that matters.

"Christa..."

She knelt to my side, and she planted her lips on mine. Once she broke away, she rested her forehead against my forehead.

"Oscar." She cried. "It's so awful. Everything is awful! I don't know what happened, everything was fine, then...then..."

"Shhh. It's ok." I whispered. "It's alright."

She nodded, and just plumped right down onto the snow. I could only see her the top of her head. However, once I looked beyond her, I saw nothing but forest. Trees were all around us, branches all covered with snow.

"Where...where-"

"Hey, man."

Looking directly up, I saw Dan poking his head over from the outside of the truck. He greeted me with a soft and forced smile of forced optimism.

"Heyyyy." I greeted. "Holy shit, man. Thanks for getting my ass outta there. I owe you one."

"Meh...the stick in your back was enough for me."

"Ah fuck you. Heh...heh...Dan? Where the hell am I? Where are we?"

"Well Oscar, you know how I talk about what would happen if the zombie appocolypse happened, or we were invaded by North Korea or something? I've always pictured that this would be the place to go to. My idea of Fort Knox. It's secluded, it's strong. We'll be safe here."

He gestured his hand towards something that I could see lying down. Slugging my way to the edge of the truck and peaking over, I found myself staring what what looked like a gigantic factory! It was huge! The factory was tall, but the three smoke stacks made it look much taller. It was unexpected and cool, but I noticed that the building looked...abandoned. Not only that but I wasn't even completely built. Windows that I could see were either broken, or were covered with plastic filming. Various construction supplies were scattered all around, even tools.

"It's an old factory that I've snuck into from time to time. It's illegal to do so, but people still come here all the time to meet up, drink, fuck, and of course...party. It looked secure to me, so I thought we should head here."

I could see several cars, vans, and groups of people walking about outside. There were several people inside as well. I could see flashlights shining from the windows.

"And..." Dan said. "I guess we weren't the first to think that this place would be safe. It's far from the mayhem of the city. It's quiet out here."

"Hey." A women, slightly taller than Dan appeared right beside him. I recognized her. It was Heather. "You're awake. How you feeling?"

I rolled my shoulder slightly. "God, it hurts like hell." I complained. "Like a bitch."

"Yeah, sorry." She said with sympathy. "None of us had the tools, or the skill to handle this kind of thing.
I'm an officer, not a surgeon. But we did the best we could with what we had. We got it out as quickly as we could, and drowned that sucker with disinfectant. You took it like a champ. How are you feeling mobile wise? Can you walk?"

"Ummm...yeah, I can a little."

"Right." Dan said, acknowledging Heather. "Everyone is moving inside and out of the snow. Christa didn't want to risk your condition getting worse or whatever, so she made us stay here until you were up. I can drive you up to the factory. It's not that warm inside, but it's better than nothing." He began to make his way to the drivers seat. I heard the door open. "They have fires, so that's good."

Heather was careful. She climbed up into then bed of the truck, and sat up against the window leading inside. She offered herself to stay with me. Christa was reluctant, but she got into the truck with my dad. And we were off.

"We really did do the best we could." Heather spoke over the rumbling of the engine. "We don't know how your shoulder is gonna heal up. We also tried to dress the other cuts and gashes in your back too. You got banged up good. What happened to you."

I paused. Memories of what took place in that apartment, they all rushed back into my head. I felt sick to my stomach. I was disgusted with what I've done.

"Too much..."

There a long moment of silence. Heather just sat there while I lied under the blanket.

"It feels...much better." I said, with my partially buried in my pillow. " 'ppreciate it."

"Yeah..." Heather sighed. "So...you’re the one that's been seeing my cousin." She cooed.

"Yep." I said, whining in pain. "The name's Oscar."

"I know." Heather smiled softly. "Christa has told me a lot about you. You seem to be really good to her, and I appreciate that. We keep in touch, Christa and I; even if I come from all the way from Illinois. If we weren't given the cousin title, we would be considered sisters at this point."
"Same...same." I sighed. "She important to me too, but maybe we can talk about this a little later? I need some water."

"Oh god, yes of course. I'm sorry. It's good to meet you, by the way. Not like this, though. I pictured it a little differently in my head but it's good to finally meet you. Oh, and my name's Heather."

"I know." I said with a forced grin. "Good to meet you too."

Not a second later, we came to a stop. The doors opened, and my dad appeared to greet me.

"Can you really walk?" He asked.

"It's my shoulder that's hurt...not my legs." I groaned, forcing myself to sit up. "I can do it. Just uh...just a little woozy still."

"We got you." Heather said.

I crawled over the edge of the truck and the cold snow nestled against my feet. Already, I was feeling light headed. I was tilting over, but I latched onto the truck.

"I got it." I mumbled. "I'm alright. Wha-what the fuck did you give me?"

"Just take it easy. Nice and slow." My dad said from behind me.

I trudged through the snow until my feet were slapping on concrete. The doors were opened up by someone standing inside by the door. A teenager with a buzz cut. He nodded at me. I couldn't tell if he was saying hi, or he was allowing me to pass. People of all ages and sizes were not walking about the factory halls. Some used flashlights, others used battery lanterns, some were even using candles. We came up on a mess hall, and that was where I saw the rest of Christa's family all gathered up. The tables and benches were moved up to the walls, leaving this giant open space for us and multiple other groups to camp out in.

"Hey...Oscar." I saw Daisy, the Aunt from before. "Glad to see that you're alright."

"Hi Daisy." I weakly smiled. "Hey...Mr.Morrison"

I saw a plump older man approach me, older than my father. He was fairly round in shape and but he could knock me on my ass if he wanted to. He was old enough to have white hair on his head with a blading spot in the center of it all. He had grown a mustache since the last time I saw him. It was pure white and it was starting become a handlebar, as the sides were drooling slightly. However, with the new mustache or not, I recognized him. Mr.Morrison, Christa's father.

"Oscar." He nodded, never cracking his poorly hidden glare.

"I'll set up your bed here." Dan said, walking past me with the blankets and pillows.

He stopped right next to a little fire that was a consistency of paper, and wooden scraps. He stacked one blanket on top of the other, and he placed the one pillow so my head would be next to the fire, but not close enough for me to catch fire of course.

"Dan?" I asked, standing there with my shoulder sagging.

"Yeah?"

"Do...you know anything about what is going on out there? Have you heard anything from the news, the radio?"

"When we pulled up here, the last thing I heard on the radio, is that the army and those green eyed freaks were going head to head in the city. And it's not just here. Several other big cities are reporting the same attacks and-"

"Like...national."

"Global."

"Fuck..." I gasped in shock. "Dude, I hope your parents are ok. Do they still live in-"

"I can't let myself think about that now." Dan said, instantly cutting me off. "We need to make sure that we're protected long enough until help arrives. It's probably going to take a while, so we needn't to stay here until they do come. Once were all safe, we'll focus on our families. Oscar...there more you need to know."

"What? What else is there?"

"Hey, everyone." Dan whispered loudly, I'm taking Oscar to see him. We'll be back in a while."

"Oscar." Christa whispered approaching us. "You want me to come with you?"

I shrugged, still quite confused. "If you want to. I'm not gonna stop you." Dan said. Dan led Christa and I out of the mess hall and down several darkened hallways. With a flashlight to help us, we walked up until we came across an office room, maybe the office of the man who ran this place, or was going to anyway. We entered this office to see two buff guys standing on either side of the office restroom. They greeted us, warned us to be very careful and cautious, and one opened the door. On the other said, two more muscular men stood on either side as well. They were both armed. One had a block, while another looked like he had a pump shotgun.

"What the hell is...this." I stopped.

There lying before me, was another horse. It was white with blue hair, it looked up at me with sapphire blue eyes that glowed of no light. It was laying down, as if it was about to fall asleep on the floor. It's ears twitched and it's head perked up. It squinted before its eyes widened is surprise.

"Oh, its you..." It yawned.

I cried out in shock and disbelief! "What the fuck is it doing here!!?"

"Here we go again." The creature huffed. "Another freak out. Well, I guess I can't blame him."

"Kill it! KILL IT!" I yelled. Dan and Christa were trying to hold me still and calm me down. I pointed at one of the men behind me with the shotgun. "You, shoot it! Kill it!"

"OSCAR!"

Christa held me still by clamping down into my shoulders and slapped me right across the face. Everything whirled to the left, and my cheek stung like fire. I looked at her in shock.

"Chris...Christa.."

"Get ahold of yourself! It's ok! Calm-"

"No!" I snapped. "You do t know what I've seen! You don't know what I've been through! I've seen these things before! They're EVIL! They help organize raids to take us away to their world! I know because I've seen it!!! They can't be trusted! Why the fuck do you have this thing with us?!! Where our children are sleeping, terrified out of their fucking minds!!? Why in the FUCK is it here!!!"

"BECAUSE IT SAVED MY LIFE!!!!" Christa screamed.

Christa had this look on her face that I have never seen before. Tears were flowing and her nostrils were flaring. She had this look on her face like she wanted to kick me until I was unconscious.

"It saved my life..." Christa whimpered. "When they came...those men with the eyes, they got inside the house. They were screaming, jamming their rifles in our faces. They were gonna shoot me, my nana, my mom! Then out of nowhere, he showed up, and killed each and every one of them."

"Damn...shit. Christa, are you ok? Did they hur-"

"I am ALIVE because of him. I think it is only fair that we don't hurt him. There is more to this than you think, Oscar. He did help seal that hole in your shoulder."

"He...what?"

I strained to look back at my own shoulder. Ignoring any pain that I brought myself, I forced myself to look down at my shoulder. I was shocked to find that the wound was sealed with a smooth bright blue substance. It covered it in the same way someone would apply concrete. If glowed too, with a blue aura.

"It won't kill you." The creature said. "It's to help prevent infection and blood loss."

"Wait..." I gasped, pointing a pinger at him. "You're the nasally voice that I heard earlier! What the fuck did you do to my back?!"

"Basic first aid." The horse smirked. "It's all the magic that I could spare for that gash in your shoulder. I don't not have much left now. It's temporary however, you have another four hours before it dissapates away. Hopefully by then, your military will get us out of here. But I can't do anything about any muscle that has been damaged."

"Magic." I repeated. "Did you just say...magic?"

"Yes, magic." It responded. "But not the mumbo jumbo that you see on stage. I'm not talking about pulling rabbits out of hats, well technically I can do that, but it's not what I'm trained for."

"Well what can you do?" I questioned. "What are you? Where did you come from? Why are there people with glowing eyes taking and killing innocent people? Why are they doing this? Where do-"

"If you want your answers..." It said, talking to me like a toddler. "Then you'll need to sit down and listen. We could be here for a while. There's no chairs, so you'll either have to sit on the pissy floor, or on a pissy toilet."

I sat down on the floor. Christa and Dan did as well. The horse stood up, crack and popped its bones by twisting and stretching in many directions, before laying back down onto the floor.

"First off I would like to introduce myself, just so we're not strangers here. I am addressed as Van in the forces, but my actual name is Vaneela. And you are..."
"Oscar...um, Oscar Clutch."

"The pleasure is mine, Oscar Clutch." Vaneela said with a smirk. "Now, before you ask me questions, I think it would be best if you tell me what you remember. I know it might not be easy for you to say, but it's a better way to get an explanation."

"Just tell me all that you know." I offered.

"I know it isn't easy, but I think it-"

"I know damn well what I saw. Just give me an explanation for it all."

"Well suit yourself." Vaneela shrugged. "Here we go. It all started roughly...two to three years ago. I come from a world of not your own. I come from an alternate world that is inhabited by Equine life, and other creatures that you might not have here. We are the main inhabitants of this world. Our race of what we have dubbed 'Equestrians', we are born into three different sub races. There are unicorns, ones who develop a horn on their head, specializing in magical abilities. There are Pegasi, ones who are dorm with wings, complete with feathers and all that is required to fly. And then there are 'Earth ponies'. There are ones who are born with neither, like me. We are more physically fit with our strength, and do a lot of work on the ground."

"Jesus." I sighed, facepalming. "Jesus Christ."

"Shall I continue?" He asked.

"Go ahead."

"I grew up in a small mountain town knows as, 'Saddle Creek.' I worked as a courier, but that was when we were attacked, much like how y'all were. The people with glowing eyes stormed my home, enslaved, and killed so many. But they liked to take the strong with them, and convert them into soldiers. Surely you've seen their glowing green eyes, yes? Well that is an effect of the curse that has been casted upon them. Whatever was them before, is gone. They become another monster who pillages and destroys like the others.

They come from a world that is similar to your own, very similar. They are humans, with two arms, two legs, fingers, and toes. However, they are all humanoid copies of us. Or we are equinoid copies of them. They possess features of physical appearance, personality, skills that resemble one of our own. Their skin color matches one of our own, their eye color matches one of our own. It's unsettling at times, but that is where they came from. They had weaponry and technology that we couldn't harness, even with our magic."

"Weapons? Like they had guns and stuff?" I asked.

"Yes, like guns and stuff." He sighed. "They came, and they tore the kingdom apart. Our forces went at it for years, but eventually...everything got quiet. There was no word from the higher powers, the ones who rule the land. Everypony who is alive, assumed that they were dead, we have lost, and now they hold the cards. Since then, we've created our own communities and forces. We gather resources and defend ourselves from the hell that they bring us; showing them that we still have some fight left in us! Then, it was discovered that they have harnessed a connection to another world, your world. Another world to gather resources, weapons, soldiers, and an opportunity to grow their empire. That is why they are here. That is why you are here."

"Fuck." I gasped. "My god."

"They will try to take over this world. And soon, they’ll find another. And then they'll take over that world too. There are infinite realities, infinite worlds. Even in each world, it is theorized that the space beyond the planet is limitless. Endless planets to conquer. Oscar, with every day that passes, they grow more and more powerful. Soon enough, they will become more than an empire. Because to have access to endless resources, is to have access to all the power you could dream of. They become the law for all. They become the god for all."

I felt like I was gonna throw up. My stomach churned, I became lightheaded. All of this information, pressure, and fear; it all came crashing down on me. This was something the human race has never faced before. When those humans invaded this city, that was an act of war. But it is not us against them. We might need every force on the planet to ban together. If what this creature is saying is true, then we need to fight will full force, all as one. America, Russia, China, Japan, The United Kingdom. We are all in the same boat.

Christ, this is more than just a war. If this is true, then what comes will make every single battle in human history look like a fucking joke. This is more than a war. This is truly a war of the worlds. The war of all wars.