• Published 12th Feb 2017
  • 11,797 Views, 430 Comments

Glow - Carapace



When passions flare and new relationships are begun, it can be difficult to sort things out through the warmth and glow of young, budding love.

  • ...
33
 430
 11,797

Interlude 1. What a Dream

The high arching ceiling looked down upon her, the skin beneath her coat burned like a raging inferno. Every breath came in a desperate, needing pant, Twilight moaned and laid her head to the side. Each nip at her felt tipped ear, the trailing wetness of Spitfire’s tongue along the outer edges, and each and every fluffy kiss drove her back to the edge.

“Tell me,” Spitfire purred, nipping at her ear, “how was your first time, hon?”

She tried to lift her hooves off the bed, but her muscles failed her. Every inch of her body tingled with ecstasy, that raging inferno begging for more.

“W-Wonderful!” Twilight said in a whimper. She gave an insistent roll of her hips, pressing herself against Spitfire. Her tongue felt dry, like it was sticking to the roof of her mouth. The words wouldn’t form on her lips.

Spitfire drew away from playing with her ear, beaming as she kissed Twilight’s lips. “Ready for round two?”

Round two? She thought though her euphoric haze, a goofy grin split her muzzle. Humming, she flicked her tail against Spitfire’s, and returned the kiss with her own. “Please!” she whispered huskily. “Please, more!”

Another kiss, lingering longer and with a warm tongue running against her lips. Spitfire broke it, her lips still brushing against Twilight’s as she spoke, “Well, then, let’s kick it up a notch. This time, I think I’ll skip the feathers and hooves, and just go right to the main course!” Her hooves wandered down Twilight’s back, trailing along her wings. “Ready for takeoff?”

A shuddering breath. Twilight arched her back, mewling at the light touch of hooves on her wings. “Y-Yes!” she gasped. “Please, yes!”

Chuckling, Spitfire gave a slow, playful lick from her chin to the tip of her snout. With one last kiss, and a little nip at her lips, she began sliding herself back, her eyes locked with Twilight’s as she slowly crawled backwards.

Kisses, licks, nibbling all the way. Slowly, torturously, Spitfire gave no quarter and left no bit of her go unloved. Her hooves and feathers were seemingly everywhere, caressing every bit of Twilight’s body, stoking the fire raging within.

Twilight bit her lip to withhold a squeal, her eyes squeezed shut. “S-S-Spitfire!”

Hot breath washed over her waistline, a pair of hooves wrapped around her legs and gently pulled them apart. Spitfire gave a low hum and let her tongue trail along the rest of the way, drawing closer and closer.

Twilight hissed, rolling her hips as if to entice the mare to go faster. Her tail swished back and forth, brushing shamelessly against the silky, wildfire.

“Mmm, somepony’s ready,” Spitfire purred. She lingered over Twilight’s belly, her breath teasing until Twilight’s skin burned and ached with want. “Beg for it,” she ordered, the sly grin evident in her voice.

A whine tore from her throat. Twilight rolled her hips again, her tail swished insistently against Spitfire’s. “Please!” she whimpered. “I-I need you!”

A soft kiss sent electricity through her body. “Do you now?” Spitfire’s tongue tickled her belly, her body went rigid, a throaty moan echoed off the walls. “Mmm, how badly?”

Twilight bit her lip and tried to growl, but it came out as more of a needy squeak than anything. “I-I-I can’t—You make me feel like I could fly forever! I need you like I need magic—Spitfire, please!”

Flat teeth nipped at her, a little twist drew a squeal from the back of her throat. She was ready, already at the edge, just waiting for Spitfire to allow her to spread her wings and fly away to the very peaks of ecstasy once again.

Mercifully, Spitfire ceased her teasing and continued on toward her destination.

Twilight threw her head back to let loose a deep, throaty moan as the gentle suckling began in earnest. Her forehooves scrambled against the mattress for purchase, her lower half pinned by Spitfire’s strong hooves, leaving her helpless to the sensations coursing through her body.

As the world around her faded to a blur of passion and pleasure, there was a flicker of movement out of the corner of her eye. Something midnight blue and twinkling like the night sky…


The scene changed. Soft pink walls became midnight blue, purple curtains faded into a sky blue matching the mane of its occupant when she was a little filly, and the open bed with plush purple pillows was gone, a more ornate, gothic inspired structure with dozens of pillows in its place.

A blue coated hoof reached up to rub at her forehead. Luna blinked, shaking her head as if to rid her mind of the scene crafted by Twilight’s dream realm. The beautiful blue dress laying on the floor, tangled with Spitfire’s Wonderbolt officer uniform, the sash hung haphazardly over the lampshade.

And Twilight…

Don’t think of it, she scolded herself. ’Tis a normal thing for a mare to desire such company, nothing out of the usual. That she found such attraction to Captain Spitfire only speaks of how well her evening went. It means nothing more, nothing less. She slid out of bed, her horn alight with a teal glow as she wrapped her magic around the bell and gave it a ring.

Still, the vision came unbidden to the forefront of her mind. Their youngest and newest princess—her friend—laid flat on her back, mewling and moaning, whimpering for Spitfire to give her more. And Spitfire was only too happy to oblige her.

Stomping a hoof into the floor, she snorted. “That dream was not for me to see, stop thinking of it.”

Such matters were private, for the dreamer and their lover alone. Princess Luna walked through the dreamscapes of her ponies to protect them from the horrors created by their own minds—their fears, their doubts, even hurtful words from others.

The fantasies of a pair of healthy mares who had been enjoying one another’s company before they slipped out of the ballroom were hardly her business. That one was her friend only made things more personal.

“Princess?” her seneschal’s voice called through the door. “May I enter?”

Rolling her eyes, Luna lit up her horn once more and opened the door to reveal a unicorn mare of navy coat and soft pink mane. “When I ring the bell, the request for you to enter is understood, my dear Midnight Bliss. As I have surely told you a thousand times.”

Midnight Bliss smiled. “You have, Princess. But I like to ask out of respect.”

“Much appreciated, of course.” Luna coughed awkwardly, flicking her tail as the scene played out before her again. “If you wouldn’t mind, I would very much appreciate a warm cup of tea. No sugar or cream.”

“No sugar or cream?” Midnight repeated, blinking in surprise. “Is everything okay, Princess?”

Waving her off with a hoof, Luna offered a smile. “Worry not, my dear. Just a dream that I should’ve vacated a bit sooner. A private one, if you understand my meaning.” Seeing the slight widening of her eyes and her mouth forming a little ‘o’, she nodded. “Yes, one of those.”

Midnight bowed low. “At once, Princess. Shall I have the girls run a bath for you as well?”

“Please do. With the jasmine scented salts. I feel a bit of meditation is in order.”

As Midnight turned and trotted off, Luna closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her mind wandered off to the little plan Celestia had come to her with. Playing matchmaker with Twilight. She wrinkled her muzzle. Not the strangest thing she’s done, but rather odd that she should be so interested. I should think it more Cadence’s cup of tea.

Shrugging, she trotted from her bedroom and made for her private bath. “Well, that plan worked,” she mused. “I shall have to see what came of this in the real world, and temper my response based upon the results.”

Hopefully, I will be able to congratulate Twilight on her newfound companionship, and wish them both the best of luck in their time together.