• Published 19th Oct 2016
  • 3,202 Views, 53 Comments

Blood Poisoned - CrackedInkWell



Prince Blueblood's newest guards want to humiliate the Prince at the gala by slipping a love poison in his drink. After he consumed it, the Prince spontaneously falls in love with the first pony he sees. Unfortunately, it's Spike the Dragon.

  • ...
22
 53
 3,202

Chapter 3: Désolé de le dire, et il est désormais un peu intimidant

Author's Note:

And so after many days of interruption, yard-work, overdue homework, rewriting this chapter and deciding that I shall be taking a break form my Beethoven story to work on this short story for a while later, I give you this.

“What are you thinking of my love?” Blueblood asked with the sweetest smile he could muster.

Spike narrowed his eyes. Thankfully the prince has finally taken a rest by one of the tables, but before the dragon could flee, he was pulled into a hug by the stallion’s foreleg. “To be honest,” he told him, “I’m half tempted into burning your face off.”

The white unicorn laughed, “Oh Sir Spike, you have the most marvelous sense of humor.”

Annoyed, the drake puffed smoke through his nostrils. His eyes scanned the room, looking for someone or something to escape with. If only he could do or say something to get away from the Prince and find one of the Princesses to reverse whatever was going on. His eyes spotted several tables down with their backs turned Applejack and Rarity.

But they were out of hearing range, so the baby dragon has to get their attention another way. There was nothing on the table so he looked down and spotted the buttons on the suit of his sleeve and got an idea. Now all he needed was a distraction.

Sorry about this Rarity,’ He thought before turning to his captor. “Hey Blueblood, mind letting me go? I’m getting hungry here.”

“Say no more,” the Prince turned his head and called out, “Curved Dagger?”

Immediately the white Pegasus came up and saluted, “Your Grace?”

“Would you go into my personal vault in the Royal Treasury and pick out a nice, clear ruby, preferably about the size of an apple? And be sure to put it on a plate for Sir Spike post haste.”

“Right away,” he saluted again and immediately left the room.

While this was happening, Spike plucked one of the black buttons off from his sleeve and after making sure the Prince wasn’t looking, tossed it over to the table where the two mares were. To the dragon’s relief, Applejack noticed the black button and looked over to where it came from. He frantically waved for them to come over.

“Auntie Celestia did say that those were your favorite,” Blueblood said as he returned his attention to Spike. “She talks quite a bit about you and the adventures that you go on with Princess Twilight you know.”

“Well that’s because I’m her number one assistant,” the little drake looked over to see the two mares approaching.

“Not to mention you’re well-earned fame in the Crystal Empire. I do say that your stain glass window was well deserved for such bravery.” Spike resumed trying to pry himself from the stallion’s foreleg. “I remember going there myself and saw that handsome statue of you. Though, I don’t quite think they’ve captured the balance of masculinity and softness of your face.”

The little drake looked up at him, his mouth held open, “I… I don’t know if I should take it as a weird compliment or just plain creepy.”

Blueblood frowned, “I don’t see why you see my compliments as creepy my love.”

“Spike?” the baby dragon silently thanked whatever and all gods there were to hear that heavenly voice of rescue. Rarity, like Applejack, was taken aback at what they were seeing. “Prince Blueblood?”

“Rarity, Applejack!” Spike tried again to pry himself away. “You gotta help me, Blueblood’s gone crazy!”

“Crazy in love,” the blond unicorn chuckled before he looked up. “By the way, you two look familiar.”

“Now hold on there,” Applejack said. “Why are ya holdin’ onta Spike like he’s some teddy bear?”

“Sir Spike is my first consort,” he said with a smile before the farm pony stepped in to pry the drake from the prince’s surprisingly tight grip. “What are you doing!”

“First of all,” the farmer told him as the baby drake could breathe again. “Spike here is a kid. Second, he doesn’t want to be held by ya. And thirdly,” Before the baby dragon could slip through, Blueblood suddenly switched him to his other foreleg. “Even if he is older and wants it, Y'all ain’t good fer him ta be around.”

“What!” the Prince stood up, “Are you saying I’m not good enough for him?”

“Uh, am I interrupting something?” they turned to find the Pegasus guard, hold a plate with a rather large ruby on it. “I’ve brought the gem you’ve requested sir-ah-ah-achoo!” as he turned his head away and sneezed, the Prince, with Spike still in his grasp leaped backward from the table.

“Honestly dagger,” Blueblood scolded, “What did I say about covering your nose when you sneeze around me.”

“It was just a sneeze,” Spike pointed out, “There’s no need to be all jumpy like that.”

“Of course there’s every reason,” the stallion held him up. “At least we’re lucky that he didn’t sneeze on us or your ruby even. I don’t want all those germs to get either one of us sick. Or worst yet, we could contract a fatal disease and die.”

“What in the name of sanity are ya talkin’ about?” Applejack questioned. “Sounds like yer afraid of germs or somethin’.”

Blueblood looked down at the baby dragon before looking back up, “I have made a promise that I would apologize. I take it that you’re… Applejack? The mare that was selling that unauthorized food at the gala sometime back I presume?”

“Yeah, that was me,” she frowned, “The one that yer lips touched ‘carnival fare.’ Now let go of Spike!”

“Wait, Madame, at least give me a chance to explain myself. Also, you are half right on one thing. I am indeed afraid of germs, for you see, I have something called Mysophobia. It’s not just that I’m disgusted by sneezes and coughs, but I don’t tend to eat anything without knowing if it was prepared to free of food poisoning. If anything, I wouldn’t dare touch any food at this gala without me inspecting beforehoof to see if it’s all up to standard with cleanliness. When I saw your food, something that I or somepony else had inspected… Let’s just say that you… delicacies caught me off guard.”

“Wait,” the Apple farmer blinked, “Really? Ya just brushed off mah hard work because you didn’t have nopony ta expect it?”

He nodded before turning to Rarity, “As to you, I remember you very well. Now that I’m with Sir Spike, I no longer have to put up a façade anymore and to tell you the truth. Yes, it’s true that I didn’t have any interest in you and I was trying to give you the subtle hints throughout that night. It was for two reasons: the first was that up until then, I have mistaken you for another Canterlot gold digger. The other, now that I’m with Spike, I can finally come clean with is that… (Oh how should I put this…?) I prefer male company. But regardless, my consort is right on one thing, my behavior that leads up to the… cake fiasco, was indeed my doing. For these reasons to the both of you, I apologize.”

The three of them, Applejack, Rarity and Spike were slack-jawed for a moment or two. It was until Rarity broke the silence, “Well, at least you’re taking responsibility. But Applejack is right, why Spike as a consort? He’s not even an adult yet.”

“So?” Blueblood simply said, “I can wait. After all, our love is quite young after all,” he chuckled at his little joke.

Spike cringed, “Seriously Prince Blueblood, when did this happen?”

The stallion sighed, “Only about forty-five minutes ago when I first noticed that charming laugh of yours.”

“That sound’s oddly specific and recent,” Rarity commented. “Regardless of what Applejack had said of him being far too young, being in love and calling your consort far too soon don’t you think?”

“It’s never too soon to fall in love,” the Royal Unicorn said, much to the gagging of his “consort.”

“You know,” Spike said, “If you’re gonna give me compliments, could you make them sound normal and not creepy in any way shape or form?”

“Now that’s just asking too much,” Blueblood deadpanned.

“Still, let go of me,” the dragon tried to pry himself again, “I’ve already promised my friends that we get to spend the whole night together.”

“You can do so with me,” he said before he waved for Dagger, who still holds onto the plate that held the rather large ruby to be placed on the table. “After all, there are so many things I wanted to show you too before the night is out.”

“Yeah that’s it,” Applejack turned around, “We’re defiantly gonna find Twilight fer this.”

“Spike,” Rarity said as she approached him and held up the severed button. “Is this yours?”

He held up his sleeve, “Uh yeah?”

Her horn lit up and taking out a needle and black thread from her pocket, shew the button back on. “Do try to keep him occupied,” she whispered, “and keeps him in this room if you can. We’ll have Twilight resolve this in no time.

“You do know that I can hear you,” the Prince spoke up before he got an idea, “Actually if you need us, I’ll be taking Sir Spike to my chambers to show him something.” Blueblood returned his attention to a dwelling drake that was staring at the shiny ruby that was out of reach. To this, his horn immediately lit up for a napkin. “Please don’t slobber,” the prince cringed, “it’s really unsanitary.”

“Huh?” Spike snapped out of his fixation with the ruby. “Did you say something?”

Blueblood chuckled as he put the ruby into his claws, “No love. Please enjoy this gem; it’s imported from a mine in Mount Everfree.”

Rarity narrowed her eyes, “I do hope you wouldn’t do anything distasteful to Spike.”

“Without my beloved’s consent?” he put his free hoof to his forehead, “Perish the thought. Now then,” he got up from the table, this time taking the dragon into his blue aura, “Come along Spike, let’s head off to my bedroom.”

From mid munching, Spike’s eyes went wide, “Rarity, go get Twilight quickly! I don’t wanna star in a clopfic!”

Rarity blushed, “How would you- You know what, never mind, where is Twilight anyway?”