• Published 31st Jul 2017
  • 4,648 Views, 58 Comments

spike's new brother - johnnyomon21



spike is suffers a great heart break. and it makes him to want to leave his wrold for the human world. but he is stop by his new brother. only to find out they are desnited for a great journey of there lives.

  • ...
40
 58
 4,648

a new life

Author's Note:

heres chapter 4 be looinging out for 5,6,7,and 8, coming! soon!

Chapter 4: a new life

"Name's John, newest resident of Equestria, and if you want Spike, a brother.", John said now holding out his hand to shake Spikes claw.

Spike only looked at John in amazement and shock, he wasn't the only one, twilight and Celestia was dumbfounded.

"A human in Equestria?", Twilight questioned. "Where did he come from, why is he here!?".

"I don't know Twilight, but let's all calm down for the moment.", Celestia added in as she trotted up to John trying to get some answers of what was going on.

John noticed her approaching, the moment he laid his eyes on her, the small child within him started freaking out. "OMG, princess Celestia, princess of the sun, it's an honor to make your acquaintance", John said bowing on one knee. He couldn't believe he was actually talking to her.

Celestia was taken back, not only did this human know of her name, but he was aware of her title as the Sun princess, she was quite shocked at his manners, he was acting almost like Spike in a way, she could tell right then and there that besides Spike, this human had a big heart. Celestia smiled she knew she could trust him for some strange reason, she knew that he wasn't going to cause any trouble here.

"My my, what manners, it's not every day that a being from another world treats me with such respect on the first meeting. But I must ask, where did you come from, how did you get here, why are you here?", Celestia asked the human, trying to piece together this strange situation.

John looked at Celestia right in the eyes and gave a smile to her, "Well as Twilight Sparkle mentioned, I am a human, I come from a place called earth and it's always been my dream to come live here in Equestria!!!".

Twilight trotted up to him, circled him, looking him over from top to bottom, she still couldn't believe that a human was here in Equestria no less. Twilight was about ask John a question, but he placed his hand over her mouth.

"No Twilight Sparkle, I am no illusion, and no, I'm not here to cause any problems for Equestria and yes I came from the human world. The same world where you went to get your crown back from Sunset Shimmer and yes I know about the crown; the elements of harmony, you, the main six, Discord, everything about Equestria I know! Twilight, Celestia, as well as Spike, just couldn't believe what was happening and shocked to hear this.

Spike walked up between John, Twilight, and Celestia while rubbing the side of his head with his claws, "Wow, wow, wow, wow, alright, John was it? I know for a fact you are human, and yes you come from earth or as we call it the human world, but that doesn't explain how you know me, my mother, Twilight and well everything else!".

Twilight was shaking her head in agreement, 'Spikes right, how does this human John, know so much about us, he knew about Celestia, Luna, all of my friends, the elements of harmony and even discord. How much does this human really know?', Twilight thought for a few seconds.

John just chuckled, he was aware of the strange looks they were given him, and he couldn't blame them, but he donned a serious face, he turned towards Celestia and Twilight, and then spoke to them, "You're highness-es, I will gladly tell you everything about how I know you and answer all your other questions soon.". He then turned to Twilight with a mean look, "As for you Twilight, I'm here to fix the mess you've made with Spike,".

Now Twilight was shocked, so was Celestia, for neither of them could say anything.

John turned around and went over to Spike, he got about 5 inches away from Spikes face, "Look Spike, you don't know me but I know a lot about you and what I could tell is, you are giving up way too quickly. I don't know what's wrong with you, but my guess is you were about to leave this world through the portal that I just came through, and the only question I want to ask is….ARE YOU INSANE!???".

Spike was dumbfounded, he didn't know what to think or say, here was this human that just popped out of nowhere talking to him like they had been close for years. But Spike quickly shook it off, "Look John, you don't know what I've been through tonight. I was disowned by my sister, on my birthday no less. All these years I thought I was her brother, turns out I'm nothing more than a pet, a servant, but what topped it off was, and listen to this, she called me a mindless beast. So, tell me what do you know of being betrayed after all years by some pony you thought was your family!".

Twilight upon hearing this was shocked, "Spike I never thought of you as just a pet or a servant, but a friend and brother and as my number one assistant. I could never hate you, Spike.".

Spike only looked towards Twilight roiling his eyes at her, "Sure", replied Spike in a sarcastic tone. "And I'm King of Equestria.

At that point John had enough of Spike’s attitude, "Yo Spike, I think I can help you with that attitude of yours, Just hold still for one second.".

Spike didn’t know what to make of it, "What you are you---". But before Spike could finish, John balled up his fist, pulled back and without missing a beat swung at Spike with all his might, knocking him 5 feet across the room.

"There you go my dragon brother, maybe that will knock some sense into you." replied John with a smile, plus since Spike scales was like armor he also had a bruised hand.

"Spike!", both Twilight and Celestia cried out as they galloped over to him.

Spike was feeling the effects of the punch as Twilight and Celestia helped him up to his feet. Spike started growling and clenching his fists, he walked over to grab John by his shirt "What the buck was that for! What I do to you!?".

Twilight was worried, John was just a human, Spike a Dragon, he could easily rip John to shreds.

Twilight was about to race between them until Celestia placed her hoof in front of her, "No", replied Celestia.

Twilight only looked at her mentor with confusion "Why you are stopping me!!?? Spike might hurt him or worse!!!".

Celestia looked at Twilight, "That's possible, but something tells me that's not the case, this human John, he reminds me a lot like Spike in a way. Don't ask me how I know Twilight, I just do, he also might be the one to help you with Spike, Twilight.".

Twilight once again looked at her mentor in confusion, she didn't know how this human could help her, if at all. Right now, she was more worried about Spike destroying him completely.

John still in Spikes grasp decided he had enough and he swatted away Spikes claw with little effort, this took Spike off by surprise. "Look, I was only knocking some sense into you, my guess, you must going through so much pain you actually think you can escape it by going to another world?? That’s just dumb, especially when you have a whole bunch of friends and family that care for you. I should know, while it’s true that I left my world for almost the same reasons, except major differences than yours, I have no family, I lost my mother and father when I was only three and I was not going to be stuck in some orphanage where they don’t give a crap about you. Instead, for 10 years I lived on the streets, I walked all over the world, well from city to city to be exact, doing odd jobs, just barely getting by, fighting off starvation, hunger and disease every single day. And just when you think you finally found the one job that you spent 30 days and 30 nights rehearsing for, only to find out that some other guy beat you to it.Thus having your dream shattered as well as your future, well I don’t know what’s been going on here before I came but lets just say you have the better life.".

The room fell silent, Spike couldn’t say a word, all he could do was rub the back of his head with his claw. Meanwhile, Twilight having heard John's whole life story had tears in her eyes. In that moment she wanted to hold him, to give him comfort, before she could do anything, Celestia trotted up to him and placed a wing over him and pulled him into a tight hug.

John was shocked, "Princess, what are you doing?".

"I am so sorry, your life must have been a tough one, losing your parents at such a young age plus fighting for your very life, only to have your dreams shattered. Yet you still carry-on, I don't know the reason why the portal opened up to you, but by seeing how it was right before Spike was about to leave, it would seem you were destined to be here. I don't see any problem with you living here, John as of right now, you are now a citizen of a Equestria, welcome home.", she said with a smile.

John couldn’t believe his ears, the very thing he wanted more than anything in the world, for any world, finally happened in seconds. For that matter, it was everything he dreamed and tears almost formed in his eyes but he got himself together and walked back to Spike, "Look Spike, I know everything is confusing right now and I don’t know what happened here or what lead you to almost throw everything away. But I know you’re better than that, I don’t know what pain you’re going through but I’m here for you man or Dragon.", he said with a chuckle. "I do know one thing, even if you were to leave now so what, that pain would only follow you to the end of your days until you face it. But if you let me and the others, you know; Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Trixie, Twilight, Luna and your mom help you get through this, then there would be no point for you to leave from this magical place. I'm just surprised you don't know how good you have it here, you have all of these beautiful beings that care about you, with them at your side you can do anything.".

Spike was speechless, no one had ever talked to him this way, it was if he was talking to a brother, a brother that looked out for him, that cared about him more than anything. Spike clenched his claws, tears forming in his eyes, "But the pain, it hurts, so much I’ve never felt anything like this and what’s worse, it was caused by one being I called sister.

"Spike.", Twilight said in a whisper, tears now forming in her eyes once again.

Celestia noticed this and only hung her head down after that she placed a wing over Twilight's shoulder trying to comfort her. John noticed that, even if Twilight had hurt him, he noticed that she really didn't mean that, something else was affecting Spike, clouding his judgment.

John looked at Spike and took a deep breath, "Boy, oh boy, what did I get myself into?". John then hugged Spike out of nowhere, Spike was taken back. "Listen Spike, I don't know what Twilight did to hurt you but look in her eyes, it's clear she didn't mean to and she's trying her best to keep you here because she loves you, I know it won't be easy but if you just let us help, we can do this one step at a time, what do you say brother?". John broke his embrace with Spike to give them time to think it though.

Celestai only smiled, hearing everything John said, "My goodness, it seems this vast universe heard my plea and sent someone to help my son and they gave him a great gift. This night, whether Spike realizes it or not, he has gained a brother, one that will stand by his side no matter what. Even though I’m a celestial being and have lived for many years but it seems I still have much to learn about this vast universe in which we live in.", replied Celestia with a smile.

Twilight now had a smile on her face, "It would seem so your highness, it would appear so.

John overheard the two princesses talking, he was honored and happy they thought that way of him. However, Spike was still very confused, he knew John's words were true but the pain hard-fought with his mind, he didn't know what to do, he never been in this situation like this, in that moment Spike dropped to his knees, his claws on his head. John, Celestia and Twilight all raced over to him.

"Spike are you alright?", John asked with a worried look.

"Spike were here for you, it’s okay!", Twilight added.

"It is alright my son, your family is here, all of us are here.", Celestia said, comforting Spike.

"Spike!", Shouted seven mares in unison.

John and the others turned around to a hole in the wall to see Luna, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Trixie, as well as Twilight’s mother and father and Shining Armor.

John saw them galloping towards Spike and the others, he had one thought his mind 'STAMPEDE! SAMPEDE! Hit the dirt!'. And that’s exactly what he did! He barely managed to escape with his life as the others raced toward Spike.

"Wow! Barely managed to get out of the way there!".

But he didn’t mind, he was happy, there before him were most of his heroes from his favorite show but it wasn’t a show anymore, he was living in that world with his new home and he loved every second of it. Meanwhile everypony was bombarding Spike with questions.

"Spikey bear, were you really thinking about leaving us!?"

"Spike if you have a problem or feeling hurt, you can count on us."

"Yes darling, you should know that by now, you should also know that we all love you Spike, if you were to leave i don’t know what I would do without you."

"Spike the Dragon, not cool trying to ditch us like that but I got to say, starting in the morning is nothing but nonstop training! You’re almost as fast as me, with some fine-tuning you and I will be the fastest things in Equestria.

"Ah see what ya were about to give up Spike, whatever the pain you’re going through were here for ya."

"By all that is Equestria! Never, ever do that to us again, you expect me after finally finding my special somepony, which in this case happens to be a dragon, leaves to another world!? Rubbish."

Spike got back to his feet, tears in his eyes, it finally sank in, John’s words. Spike knew he was right all along, he couldn’t believe he was about to leave, he couldn’t quite forgive Twilight just yet but he couldn’t leave everything he had known just to try escape from some heartbreak, he felt foolish.

"Thank you everyone, I’m sorry Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Trixie."

"Hey now thou are forgetting somepony?", Luna began. Spike turned around to see his aunt luna trotting towards him, she rubbed the top of his head with her hoof, tears in her eyes. "Young Dragon, do not worry me or your mother like that ever again, you nearly gave me a heart attack.", Luna said feeling relieved that Spike is back to his old self again.

"That makes two of us indeed, don’t do that ever again Spike, now let’s close this portal…… Oh my, the portal closed itself hmmm… How did that happened? Oh wel,l that’s another question for another time.".

"You said it, lets go home, this night has been all kinds of cra-, Wait a minute. Trixie what did you just call me!?"

At that moment everypony turned to Trixie including John, waiting for an explanation.

"Did I stutter?!", Trixie began. "I called you my special somepony because you are. What!? Did you really think you're going to kiss me like that at the lake and then run out on me? I don’t think so!".

Shining armor looked at his brother curiously, so did his mother, adoptive mother and father, they weren’t at the lake when it happened.

Little bro, what is she talking about, what in the world have you been doing since you left the library? At that moment Spike was freaking out in his mind, how can explain this to his brother Shining and his mother and father.

"Son are you two dating!?", Spoke Night Light. "Hahahahahahahaha, I didn’t know you had it in you, good for you!"

"Oh my Little Dragon, it felt like just yesterday Twilight brought you home to live with us, you weren’t our son by blood but you became part of our family nevertheless. And now you're all grown up and you have your very special somepony, I couldn’t be happier!", Twilight Velvet cheered in glee.

"Spike you little romantic and here I thought you never get over your crush with rarity, but it seems I was dead wrong! That’s my little brother!", Shining Armor said as he hoof bumped Spike.

At this point Spike had turned from purple to crimson red, Spike couldn’t be more embarrassed than he has ever been before but unknowing to him, it was going to get a lot worse and funny at the same time.

"Hold it. I don’t think so, I mean he’s too young", replied Twilight coming between Shining and Spike, making sure to keep Spike away from the other mares that obviously had their eyes on him.

However, the girls were not going to just take that.

"Hold on their Twilight, now Ah know you’re back to normal but to tell the truth ya really have no say in this. From what we heard from Luna, is that Spike is at the right age to decide who he wants as his special somepony. And for your information young gals love a good hard-working pony with looks to boot.", Applejack said, winking at Spike.

John had placed himself in the far corner of the room, he felt it was best for him to stay out of this, but what he just heard made his jaw drop. He started poking out his fingers, trying to count how many mares were going to confess their love to Spike.

"That’s one.", he said with a chuckle.
Up next was Fluttershy, "Excuse me, but I think I’m the best choice for him, he’s kind, I’m kind, he likes animals, i like animals. We’ve known each other for a long time and well I think I’m better for him!".

Now this point, Shining went over to John and just looked at him dead in his eyes, "Hi.", said Shining extending a hoof to shake John’s hand. "You must be from the human world."

John shook his hoof with a smile, "Sure as the day is long, how is your wife Cadence, it must be tough ruling the Crystal Empire. Before you say anything, I know all about you; your family, Cadence, your marriage and the battle against Chrysalis. The whole enchilada, trust me I will explain later.".

Shining only looked at him with a smile, "Okay, I’m a little confused on how you know all this but you seem like a trustworthy guy so I’ll trust you, by the way, do you know what’s going on between Spike and Twilight's friends?".

"No I don’t, first Trixie, now Applejack and Fluttershy, so far that’s three!"

"What!? I was too busy talking to you. Two more?!?! My little brother has turned into a Casanova!"

While John and shining were busting out into laughter, Spike was trying to figure out what going on between the human, the main six and Trixie. He tried keeping everything calm between them, so far no luck.

"Girls, girls calm down, you’re acting like little children, what’s going on?", Spike questioned, figuring out this situation.

"My darling, you haven’t figured it out yet, as of tonight you are my special somepony and I yours.", Rarity said with a seductive wink. "I can already see it now, you, me, one year from now with little ones running around calling us mama and papa."

Spike at that moment was in his own little world, he can only think of one thing to say in his mind, 'What, I’m dreaming, I must be dreaming, this can only happen in my dream but it's not a dream, Rarity just asked me out. Better yet, she just proposed to me, Holy Equestria. I am in heaven, not only that but Applejack, Fluttershy, as well as Trixie, what is going on here!?'

Just then, Pinkie Pie came in between Spike and Rarity. She then snatched Spike in a tight hug trying to keep him all to herself. "If you think you were going to keep this handsome Dragon for yourself, then you better think again. It’s going to be me, I’m more fun, lovable and when it comes to it, satisfy my dragons hunger, I'm a great cook. Rarity, you're not the only one who want to start a family with him and if you think I'm going to give him up without a fight then you thought wrong!"

Spike was shocked beyond belie,f more so than he had been his entire life, heck this night a alone he had lost track of how many times he was shocked.

Next up was Applejack, she tilted her hat ready for action, "Look here now, if anypony's more suited for Spike it be me. He's a hard worker, I'm a hard worker, dedicated, gladly puts himself before others and does a thousand percent to everything he does, heck my ideal male, and I'm the same, so it's only natural that we marry!".

just then, it dawned to Spike that there was one pony left and he turned to her, "You too dash, no way!".

Rainbow Dash was hovering above the others listening what they had to say, she then turned to Spike, shrugged her shoulders and chuckled, "Hey what can I say, mare's got to settle down sometime and who better than with you. Because you're so awesome Spike, you have to be the fastest thing on 2 feet, and will be the greatest flier when you get your wings, well beside me that is. And then we will be fastest things on land and the sky". Rainbow Dash landed right next to Spike and whispered in his ear, "And trust me that’s the fun part, next starting a family!". She gave him a kiss on the cheek with a seductive wink, he had never seen this side from her before.

After all was said and done, Spike's mother and father as well as Shining and John busted out the laughing.

"And that makes it six, well Shining looks like you're going to have six more sisters very soon!", John said chuckling so hard he could barely breathe.

"OH MY GOODNESS, I AM GOING TO HAVE SIX MORE DAUGHTERS! I NEVER THOUGHT THIS DAY WOULD EVER COME, I MEAN I KNEW IT WOULD COME ONE DAY BUT SIX, I COULDN'T BE ANY HAPPIER.".

Everypony turned to see Twilight Velvet bouncing up and down in pure joy of the wonderful news she just heard.

"And grandchildren even, oh my, so much to do and to start making names, dresses, toys", Twilight Velvet squealed with joy.

Night Light was quiet through all this, but then exploded in laughter, "Bwahahahah! Spike you little son of a gun, I didn't know you had it in you, stay strong boy. It's not going to be easy tackling on that many mares, especially if you're going to have children!".

Shining Armor was dumbfounded, but he shook it off and snuck behind Spike, grabbing him in a headlock and started rubbing his head with this hoofs, "Why you little romantic, all these years I thought you were just a baby brother Dragon, but in truth, you were a mare slayer, when were you going to tell us!? Cadence is going to be thrilled, she's going to get six new sisters and a year after that some nieces and nephews.". He looked Spike up-and-down and looked at the six mares….. "Make that a lot of nieces and nephews", he said as he continued to laugh.

Twilight had been listening to the whole conversation the entire time, and she could not believe what she was hearing marriage, children, new sisters, at that point she just about had it and she revealed by accident, a very important secret to everyone.

"OVER MY DEAD BODY! I'VE KNOWN HIM THE LONGEST, I'VE BEEN WITH HIM THROUGH THICK AND THIN, I KNOW HIS LIKES AND DISLIKES. SO, IF THERE IS ONE PONY THAT'S GOING TO MARRY HIM IT'S GOING TO BE WITHOUT A DOUBT ME! I'M NOT JUST SAYING THIS BECAUSE ME AND FLASH DIDN'T WORK OUT, I HAVE BEEN I LOVE HIM SINCE I CAN REMEMBER, IT JUST TOOK ME THIS LONG TO FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM. NO PONY IS GOING TO GET HIM BUT ME! AND IF ANY OTHER PONY THINKS OTHERWISE THEY'RE IN FOR THE FIGHT OF THERE LIFE!" .

The room fell silent, at first Twilight didn't know what was going on. But in five seconds it hit her, she just told everypony she had a major crush on Spike, heck Twilight just told everypony she was going to marry him. Twilight put her hoof over her mouth blushing profusely, she looked around nervously at everypony in the room. Shining Armor, Twilight's parents, Celestia, Luna, John, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Trixie and Applejack looked at Twilight, let's just say in a whole new light.

"Oh my goodness sweetie, is this true? Why you didn't tell us the sooner!?", Twilight Velvet asked.

Night Light only exploded into laughter once again,"That's my little girl, I can say without a doubt this is one of the greatest nights to be a parent.".

"I couldn't agree more" replied Velvet with tears in her eyes. "My baby girl in love, I could die happy now!"

John was so shocked, yet found this so funny, he had an only a few words to say, "That makes seven, good luck Romeo, you are going to need it! Hahahahahahha!".

Luna had been silent most of all this, but now it was her turn to get in on the fun, realizing the immediate danger had passed she looked towards John's direction. John noticed this and stopped his laughter, he then bent down on one knee, "Princess Luna, princess of the night of Equestria, it is an honor, my lady.".

"Same here, I must say you have the nicest manners I have ever met besides Spike of course."

John said with a smile, "What'd you expect, we are brothers now!".

"So it would seem, now back to the manner at hoof", she then addressed her nephew. "Spike, what you are going through is called Dragon heartbreak. It is when you receive a heartbreak so painful, so unbearable you do anything to stop it, my sister and I should have prepared you for this long ago just in case, but we thought you'd never go through it.".

Spike looked over at Celestia, "is that true?".

Celestia walked over to her son, placing her forehead on his, "Yes my son, but you must understand it was not Twilight's fault, it was king Sombra.".

Sombra!!! How’s that possible!? He was defeated, I helped defeat him! How can he do this from beyond the grave!?"

"Calm down my son, I will explain everything tomorrow morning. After all, there is so much to be done, so many things to do. First I have to fix the wall I destroyed, reseal the portal, reseal the seals you destroyed, talk to the mayor of Ponyville about getting John a new house now that he is living here.", Just then the sinister smirk was back on Celestia face.

Luna noticed this and tried to intervene, "N-no-now dear sister, are you sure you want to go through wit—".

"Luna, I am more sure now than ever, John coming here, keeping my son from leaving me, plus all these young ladies in love my son, you think I'm going… to let this opportunity pass me by without a fight!", Celestia said towards her sister Luna with her famous poker face, "You have another thing coming sister!".

Luna just blushed a deep crimson red and started laughing. Then turned to Spike with a playful yet sinister look, "Good luck my boy, try not to die on us, I would like to be an great aunt.".

Spike was just staring at his aunt and mother, this whole time he was only wondering what the sam hay was going on. Plus John popping out of nowhere stopping him from leaving his world to go to another, finding out he calls him his brother and going to live in ponyville not that he didn't mind. However, finding out seven mares that Spike had known for years especially his sister not so long ago, a few hours in fact, broke his heart, just admitted she was in love with him and wanted to have his children.

That was the final straw for Spike, he just sat there clapping his hands together before getting up, "Okay, okay so far this has been one of the strangest days of my life, I've been through some doozies, yet there is one to ask you all now what was it? Oh, I remember WHAT THE BUCK IS GOING ON HERE, WHAT PLAN, WHAT OPPORTUNITY, CAN SOMEONE JUST COME UP AND SAY WHAT’S GOING ON, JUST GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT!!! Please!!".

It was Celestia's turn to laugh her guts out, she then composed herself and decided to just up and tell him, "Well Spike, you get older as you know and I've been thinking about your future, at first I wasn't sure, but now I am Spike. I now dubbed the as my official heir to the kingdom, along with Twilight, Cadence and Luna.".

Spike was dumbfounded, as was everypony else.

"Wow mom, thank you, I cannot believe this, that makes me a prince."

Celestia smiled, "Yes it does my son, but I'm not done yet, now being an heir, you must have heirs of your own.".

She looked towards the seven mares, Spike noticed and looked back to his mother's direction then it hit him hard.

"You don't mean---. You're kidding right, you cannot be serious!!??", Spike asked, hoping his mother was messing with him.

Once again the sinister smile was on Celestia's face, "I do my son, and it's not requested as I know you’ll turn it down, so it's more of a motherly order.".

Everypony leaned in wanting to know what the rule was, just then Celestia blew the roof off the castle.

"Spike, you are to marry all seven mares by the end of the week. Ah, so much to do, I must have the craft ponies build new rooms in the castle for you and your new families .I cannot wait to hear the sounds of my soon to be grandchildren."

Hearing this made Spike have a disturbing smile, "Well that it for me, brains overloaded, shutting down, good night.", plop. Spike fell over unconscious, instantly.

"Spike!", everypony shouted.

Everypony ran towards him, all except John holding his sides laughing so hard that it was starting to hurt him.

"Man my life has changed for the better! One thing's for sure it's good to be a whole lot more fun around here!"