• Published 19th Oct 2016
  • 2,226 Views, 61 Comments

Battleship of Equestria - MorgothII



A displaced and under-manned crew aboard a recently captured battleship arrives on the shores of Ponyville. In unknown lands, a new threat is rising. War is coming...

  • ...
5
 61
 2,226

Arrival at the Beach

Author's Note:

Hello, Morgoth II here! I know that those of you who have read my other stories will be shocked at seeing me post this kind of story, but just give it a try, eh? I based it off of a book series I have read recently, 'Destroyermen' by Taylor Anderson, but wanted to make my own version for others to read. If you have any questions, ect, please PM at any time and I will get back to you with a reply ASAP. Now, without further ado, on with the story!

Battleship of Equestria Chapter One: Arrival at the Beach
April 18th, 1942

As Princess Luna lowers the moon and starts and her older sister, Princess Celestia, raises the sun, all seems to be another peaceful day in Equestria. Little would any know, as ponies begin to awaken, that this would be the last peaceful morning for some time to come in the following weeks.

"Oh man, just felt the mother lode of all chaos energy….and I didn't even cause!" A startled Discord pops into the castle's dining room, startling the royal sisters as they were eating their breakfast (or in Luna's case, dinner).

With a silent look of agreement, the sisters nod at Discord who instantly teleports them to Ponyville, more specifically, the nearest beach where Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends are already waiting anxiously.

Meanwhile the Master of Chaos rubs his paw and claw together in a mock sinister way. "Now, to find where Celestia keeps the best of her cake…"

At the beach…

"Sister, have you ever seen a ship anything like this?" A stunned Luna asks. The three princesses stare at the monstrous mass of steel lying beached along its side. Despite being stranded, thick, black smoke billows out of two large metal towers near the center. Six curious objects are set along the center of the ship. Two at the rear, two at the front, and one between the second metal tower that is issuing smoke. Each object has two large protrusions sticking out, with six shorter and smaller versions sticking out on the side facing the beach, with there being the same number on the other side being a safe bet.

The most eye-catching sight of the ship is the first massive metal tower behind the second turret. Its shape reminds the royal sisters of the pagodas of Neighpan, though they never seen something quite like this.

Luna turns towards the Princess of Friendship. "Twilight, have you seen any of the crew appear either on or the beach or even on their ship?" Her former student shakes her head. "None. As I said, the only reason we even found this was because Rainbow Dash noticed some weird clouds," The violet mare explains.

Before anything more can be said, the deck of the massive steel ship is no longer as devoid of life. The six protrusions at the side facing the beach are aimed at the group, causing the three princesses to make a magic shield for protection. A frightened Fluttershy points with a trembling hoof at the crew. "Who are they?" She asks quietly. "How in the hey did ponies make that kinda vessel?" Applejack mutters, shocked at seeing at least two hundred ponies of various types standing on the deck, pointing weird weapons at them. Celestia blinks as some of the designs seem familiar form a long time ago. 'Gun!. They have guns. How?'

For a nerve-racking minute, both sides engage in a silent contest. Neither side is willing to blink, but eventually one will have to. Before this can happen, however, a new sound is heard coming from the deck, starting from near the first metal tower and getting closer to the railing

"STAND DOWN, DAMN IT! CAN'T YOU TELL THE FRIGGING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JAPANESE SOLDIERS AND PONIES? STAND DOWN BEFORE YOU START ANOTHER WAR! THAT INLCUDES OUR DEFECTING FRIENDS!"

The tense silence is broken by the sound of a furious voice shouting at such a volume that puts Luna's Royal Canterlot voice to shame. A flustered pony stands on deck unarmed, his only weapon being a sheathed saber. The assembled ponies standing on the beach are shocked to see that the new pony is a royal blue-hued male alicorn. His mane is a light brown, but he wears a dark drab uniform and a helmet. He takes a deep breath before looking at the princesses, recognizing them as figures of authority. He stands stiffly and gives a salute, his right hoof diagonally above his right eyebrow.

"Lieutenant Junior Grade Jacob Holman, United States Navy and captain of the newly-acquired USS Fuso, requesting permission to come ashore," The alicorn says, standing at attention, his salute being copied by the several hundred other ponies on deck.

Celestia, Twilight, and Luna look at each other in slight confusion before Celestia speaks. "Permission granted, Lieutenant. But what is this 'United States Navy' you mentioned? Never in my entire thousand plus years of living in Equestria have I heard of this name before?" The sun mare asks with her head slightly tilted to one side in mild confusion.

A perplexed glint flashes in the mysterious alicorn's eyes as a gangplank is lowered. "Ensign Froster, tell Seamen Abel that he has won the betting pool that I have not officially sanctioned," He calls out to a muscular unicorn wearing a similar uniform. The unicorn nods and turns around, and the crowd of ponies disperse from the deck.

While the others are mostly watching the ship after the three alicorn princesses lower their magic shield, Luna focuses on the alicorn named Jacob. Her eyes widen slightly when she notices his limp, explained by the white bandage around his left leg, with a red spot indicating that it is still fresh from some sort of injury. Another thing she notices is that his cutie mark is a simplified version of his ship.

"Again, sorry for the stand-off. Things have been tense for me and my men. You said this is Equestria? Well, believe it or not, I have never heard of Equestria. In fact, Equestria doesn't exist from where I come from. This is starting to seem like something from an H.G. Wells novel," Jacob mutters.

The sudden appearance of Discord in front of him causes Jacob to jump back a foot. "Oh yes, this is without a doubt chaos magic at work here, dear Celestia. We are meeting our first inter-dimensional traveler," The draconequus chuckles. Pinkie Pie, as cheerful as always, starts bouncing around the thoroughly-confused lieutenant. "Oh! Oh! Does this mean we can have a party?" She says, only furthering the alicorn's confusion. Luna's horn glows as she stops the energetic pink earth pony with her magic.

"Forgive Discord and Pinkie Pie, Lieutenant Junior Grade Jacob Holman. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Princess Luna," She says, offering a hoof as a handshake (Twilight recently explaining the significance of this gesture. Jacob gives a slight bow and shakes it in return. "A pleasure to meet you, Princess Luna. I assume that you will want to discuss my, ah, 'situation'?" He asks quietly.

Luna's older sister steps forward, as it is day time and thus she is in charge. "I am Princess Celestia, and I agree that an explanation would be helpful for all of us," She offers with a small smile. Jacob nods before replying. "In that case, I have one request to make. Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, I humbly ask for asylum, at least temporarily, while we repair our vessel and try to figure out how to get home?"

The two sisters look at each other, slightly baffled. Then Twilight speaks up for the first time. "Princesses, as the princess of friendship, sometimes placing blind trust is the best path to take." Celestia looks at her former student with an expression of pride. "Very well, Twilight. Lieutenant Junior Grade Holman, you may stay in Equestria for as long as you need to, as long as you and your men follow the rules and cause no serious trouble. Now, may we listen to your story?" The sun mare asks patiently, a friendly smile still present. Jacob nods, his face showing great relief, as he starts to tell all present of a different world, one at war with itself, and of a daring plot that lead to his situation.

Uncharted lands…..

Far beyond the extent of any map known in Equestria, a land of shadow starts to stir. Bipedal figures move about, grabbing weapons and boarding sailing ships. In a dark citadel, an ancient and scarred horse chuckles menacingly. His right eye is missing, with a black eye-patch covering it over a checkerboard mask of red and blue. Instead of a tail of hair, a long rat tail extends and has a war spike attached at the end. His one crimson-colored eye blazes with cruel delight.

"That storm will finally proved me with my ultimate weapons. Soon, my warriors will once again terrorize the coast of Equestria, and eventually take Canterlot by storm! And Celestia and Luna shall know pain as the souls of the ponies they cherish and adore are broken by Cluny the Slaver!"