• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 4,661 Views, 2,081 Comments

Appledashery Vol. Two - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash and Applejack have a long, joyous, arduous relationship.

  • ...
26
 2,081
 4,661

PreviousChapters Next
To be Passionate

"Hey... Rainbow Dash...

"Shnnnnorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttzzzzzkkkt..." Rainbow Dash continued to saw wood point-blank into the open magazine draped over her muzzle.

"Hey!" Applejack leaned across the lobby, poking Rainbow's shoulder. "Wake up, sugarcube!"

"Zzzzzt—SHNORTT! Guh—DAH!" Rainbow Dash jerked in place. She juggled the magazine in panicked fetlocks before eventually holding the article upside down before bleary eyes. "I'm just looking at the advertisements! I swear! All the outfits look the same to me!"

"Rainbow—"

"Stupid and boring—!"

"Rainbow, how about we trot outta here?"

"Huh?" Rainbow Dash blinked. "What time is it?"

"Half-past Hoity Toity with a chance of afternoon Fru-Fru," Applejack droned.

"Did..." Rainbow leaned forward, squinting like a blind mare. "Did you just tell a me joke?"

"Look, Rarity's off in massage la-la land and Twilight's given us an out, bless her heart." Applejack smirked. "Or would you rather sit here and continue lookin' at purdy pony fashion?"

"Ew, no!" Rainbow tossed the magazine onto the center table like a rag. "Please..." She folded her fetlocks in a huff. "The sooner we can get out of here, the better."

"Dun fancy salons, do ya?"

"I just..." Rainbow bit the edge of her lip. She rubbed her two hooves together, wincing slightly. "I-I don't like ponies t-touching my hooves..."

"Fair enough. How 'bout we put yer wings to good use?"

"Why? Where are we going?"

"A place called the Diamond District."

"Pffffft..." Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Sounds Rarity-esque and boring. No thanks. I've had enough of fancy today."

"Rainbow, it's where they serve cider at."

FWOOOOOOOOSH! Rainbow shot towards the door and flung it open. "What the hay are we waiting for?! Move your freckles, girl!"

"Heheheh..." Applejack trotted out into the cobblestone urbanity awaiting them. "Now that's more like it..."


"Diamond District..." Rainbow Dash looked all around, wringing her forelimbs anxiously. "Ohhhhhhhhhhh Diamond District. Where are youuuuuuu?"

"Simmer down, sally..." Applejack trotted leisurely up the inclined streets. "We'll get there eventually."

"But we don't want to miss happy hour!" Rainbow Dash squinted at the suncapped mountains looming above Canterlot. "Just what heck is Happy Hour for a bunch of silk-saddled city slickers living up in the mountains anyway?"

"Beats the heck outta me... but it's not even late afternoon." Applejack smiled. "We've got time! Take it easy, partner!"

"I've been trying to take it easy all day! Now my skull is chock-full of lace and massage lotions!" Rainbow Dash clutched her scalp. "Rnnnngh... I gotta wash it out with some passion!"

"Well, once we find the right place, then it'll all be worth the trek." Applejack tilted her hat back with a smirk. "Ya figure?"

"Applejack, why are you so chill and easy-going all the sudden?"

"Aren't I always?"

"Yeah, well... you're more so than usual."

"It's a vacation, darlin'. Not countin' my crazy trip to the Oranges in Manhattan, I reckon it's my first one ever."

"Whoah..." Rainbow Dash blinked at her. "This is your first vacation ever?"

"Darn tootin'." Applejack smiled and nodded. "And—from what I hear of other ponies vacationing all across Equestria—I figured it would be nifty to get—as they say—hammered."

"You? Hammered?"

"Somethin' wrong with that?"

"No! Just... pfft..." Rainbow Dash folded her forelimbs and glided along with a smirk. "It's a new you. I kinda like it."

"It's a temporary me," Applejack said. "Just promise that ya won't think any ill of me after I've had my second drink."

"Wait, what?"

"Ya heard me." Applejack blushed slightly, pausing to kick at the cobblestone beneath them. "I know it seems an awful lot—"

"Applejack, do you seriously consider two drinks as a way to get 'hammered?'"

"Well, I don't wanna go overboard."

"Pfffft!" Rainbow's voice cracked as her forelimbs flailed. "Then what's the friggin' point?!"

"Yeesh... Rainbow..." Applejack winced, glancing at the passerby's across the street. "Not so loud!"

"Follow my lead, AJ..." Rainbow Dash motioned her along as she flew towards the nearest bend in the bustling city road. "I'll show you the proper way to get smashed."

"Oh?" Applejack increased her trot. "Are you an expert on the subject?"

"Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe..."

Applejack sighed. "Perhaps this was a bad idea."

"You shut your freckles!" Rainbow hissed back at her. "Are you on vacation or aren't you?"

"Well—"

"Then you deserve to experience life to its fullest, girl!" Rainbow grinned wide. "Including the parts that feel like you're at the bottom of the ocean in an upside-down submarine being slowly flooded by liquified ether!"

"Uhhhhhhhhhhh—"

"And I know just how to make it happen!" Rainbow Dash cupped her hooves around her muzzle. "YO! WHERE THE DIAMOND DISTRICT AT?!?!"

"Land's sakes—Rainbow Dash—?!"

"TWO MARES WITH A LICENSE TO KEEL OVER! COME ON! SOMEPONY SHOW US THE WAY!"

"Dag nabbit—hahahahah—cut it out, ya varmint!!!"

PreviousChapters Next