• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 4,661 Views, 2,081 Comments

Appledashery Vol. Two - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash and Applejack have a long, joyous, arduous relationship.

  • ...
26
 2,081
 4,661

PreviousChapters Next
A Head Start

"So, then, it's decided?" Twilight Sparkle was the first to step out of her apartment and into the cobblestone street of Canterlot. She was briskly followed by Spike and the rest of her friends. "We're going straight to the Royal Canterlot Museum?"

"Sounds good to me!" Pinkie said, hopping.

"Uh huh..." Rainbow hovered low above the group. "Might as well get it over with." A sunhat smacked her across the chin. "Hay!"

The sunhat floated back down onto Rarity's head, accompanying a pair of wide-rimmed sunglasses. "I hear they have an exhibit on old celebrities' possessions. I am abolutely dying to see the wardrobe they have on display that once belonged to Audrey Hayburn!"

"Ooh!" Fluttershy grinned. "Wasn't she in that one play?"

"My Fair Filly? Absolutely! Squee!"

"Squee!"

"Well... sounds like a real walk in the park!" Applejack said, trotting out and straightening her hat.

"Oh! We can go to the park as well!" Spike said. He hopped onto Twilight's backside. "Can we, Twilight? Huh?"

"I dunno, Spike." Twilight levitated a notepad from her saddlebag. "The girls and I have just finished our itinerary." She looked apologetically at him. "Museum. Then shopping. Then the restaurants."

Rainbow hissed aside to Applejack: "She means the bars."

Applejack chuckled.

"Ahhhhhh..." Spike deflated.

"It's okay, Spike." Fluttershy leaned over and nuzzled him. "I already worked it out with Twilight. I was going to see the Common Gardens the day after tomorrow. You can show me the park then too!"

"Really? Sweet!" He grinned. "I'll show you the spot by the pond where I love to chase squirrels!"

"Oh Spike!" Pinkie Pie giggle-snorted. "There are plenty of squirrels in Ponyville! I don't see you chase them!"

"It's an old habit he used to have as a little hatchling." Twilight Sparkle rolled her eyes. "There were times I swear I was raising a little dog and not a dragon."

"Whew! Wouldn't that be the worst?" Rarity fanned herself in the morning sunlight. "Doing somethin' unseemly in front of the Canterlot public eye?" She squinted over. "By the way, Applejack, in speakin' of presentation..."

"Uhhh..." Applejack squinted back. "Yeah?"

"Are you certain you wish to sport that old-fashioned worker's hat of yours around uptown Canterlot?"

"This is my folks' hat! What the hay's wrong with it?"

"Nothing! I simply don't wish for you to cause yourself undo awkwardness under the scrutiny of the local aristocracy."

"Awkwardness, shmawkwardness." Applejack frowned. "While we're at it, are you sure you wanna wear that big poofy thing on yer head? That'll upturn some Hoity Toity noses for sure!"

"Unnh!" Rarity grabbed the article in question, looking wounded. "But this is an authentic chapeau de cheval from Prim Hemline! It's all the rage in the royal quarter!"

"Uhm..." Fluttershy trembled slightly. "Could we not fight, please?"

"What's there to fight about?" Rainbow Dash flew into the middle of the group. "Rarity, stop bothering Applejack about her hat."

"But I only meant—"

"We all know what you meant, but it doesn't matter!" Rainbow stuck her chin up with a smirk. "I happen to like Applejack's hat!"

Applejack blinked. "You do?"

"Yeah..." Rainbow shrugged and gave her a tiny smile. "You look cool in it."

Applejack blinked again. "... ... ...I do?"

"Then it's settled." Rarity cleared her throat. "Applejack, I apologize. That was quite rude of me. For what it's worth, I enjoy seeing your hat."

"Yeah! Who doesn't!" Rainbow Dash flew on ahead. "It reminds us all that AJ's here! Now, let's get going already!"

Applejack stood in place. Her ears twitched.

"Applejack...?"

"Uh, yeah. Rarity." Applejack looked over. "Yer forgiven. N'stuff."

Pinkie Pie smiled back at her. "I'm Pinkie Pie!"

"Errr... right you are." Applejack was sweating for some reason. Biting her lip, she tucked the brim of her hat down and shuffled along to follow the group through the streets of Canterlot.

PreviousChapters Next