• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 4,661 Views, 2,081 Comments

Appledashery Vol. Two - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash and Applejack have a long, joyous, arduous relationship.

  • ...
26
 2,081
 4,661

PreviousChapters Next
Equinox

Applejack trotted alone through the woods leading into Ponyville.

It was a clear sky. Starlight peered down onto the Equestrian countryside, unhindered.

Applejack knew the route so well that she spent most of the trek with her eyes shut. A gust of autumn air would blow through her mane, and she'd lift her head to inhale the crispness of it all.

Leaves fluttered across the path, tickling her fetlocks.

Soon, the spicy aroma of apples mixed with the breeze.

Applejack opened her eyes to see the gates to her farmland welcoming her home.

Only when the farmhouse came into focus did she remember the crusty layer of sweat coating her figure. The Running of the Leaves toyed with her well-toned muscles. Suddenly the idea of a brisk warm shower beneath an open window tickled her mind, and she smiled... giggling into the breeze.

Something glinted in the moonlight.

She turned and looked, craning her neck.

Off on a hill... towards the southwest... overlooking the orchards...

...two polished stones flickered... and were dull once again.

"Hmmmmmmm..." She smiled into the starlight. Her eyes watered slightly. "Ain't no reason to be restless..." She tipped the brim of her hat. "...I've got awesome souls lookin' after me."

Another sigh... warm and content this time. Applejack eventually carried herself up onto the front porch. After a brief, meditative pause, she marched into the house, wiped her hooves cleaned... and washed up for a long, comfy night.

PreviousChapters Next