• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 4,661 Views, 2,081 Comments

Appledashery Vol. Two - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash and Applejack have a long, joyous, arduous relationship.

  • ...
26
 2,081
 4,661

PreviousChapters Next
Until Y'all Shared Its Magic With Me

"Yaaaargh! I can't decide, I just can't decide. It's important to all of you and I just can't stand to disappoint any of you, and giving me gifts and doing me favors won't make any difference, because you're all my friends and I wanna make you all happy and I can't, I just can't!"


"There's this new pony who's moved into town, Ma and Pa. Her name's Twilight Sparkle. She's the personal magical apprentice to Princess Celestia! Can you believe that? I'd lurve to go into detail sometime about this plum amazin' adventure she took me and a few other girls on... but t'ain't proper durin' a friendly introduction to go prattlin' on about some crazy hijinks. Suffice it to say, the two of us have a lot in common. We could both learn a thang or two about gettin' out of our element. And the first step in that lesson is makin' friends. Twilight's a nice and polite pony, super smart too... but on top of bein' bright she's got this passion for improvin' herself. Reckon I'll do just fine stickin' by her side. And the two of us ain't alone..."


"It's okay Twilight, even you can't be a super smart smarty smart-pants all the time. Come on everypony, there's still a whole lotta party to finish."


"Y'all might be pleased to know that Pinkie Pie and I are just like peas and carrots these days. That's right. The Cake Family's niece. She's a mite bit hard to handle at times, but it's all in good fun. Heheh... even on the most sour, grayest of days ol' Pinkie can find a way to lift yer spirits and make ya feel like a happy lil foal once again. She's workin' over in Sugar Cube Corner for Cup and Carrot these days. But when she's not bakin' or shakin' bits, she's spendin' all her free time throwin' parties for the local ponyfolk... or just tryin' to make every good neighbor on the street laugh for a minute or two per day. It truly is a sight to behold, and I feel proud... proud to be a fellow earth pony by her side... helpin' her feel grounded whether she realizes she needs it or not."


"You may have huge teeth, and sharp scales, and snore smoke, and breathe fire. But you do not—I repeat—you do not! Hurt! My! Friends! You got that?!"


"Then there's Fluttershy. Land's sakes, what an absolute doll. I mean that in every sense of the phrase. You meet a pony like her and you just... wanna hug her somethin' fierce and never let go. She's as precious as precious can be. You'd like her, Ma. In many ways... she's a lot like you. Quiet. Gentle. Soft spoken—except when somethin' important needs to be heard. Then she wields her tongue like a firebrand and no ill-willin' pony could ever suspect what'll hit them. She's a timid lil' thing... but when the time comes to be loyal or trustworthy, Fluttershy's as rock hard as they come. It's ponies like her that make me feel good about this world... that there can be such innocence and goodness in it. She carries herself like Big Mac in many ways... which is mighty fillin'... cuz she and Big Macintosh just might be seein' each other. Heheheheh... that's right! Big Macintosh got stung by the love bug! And y'know what? I couldn't be more in approval. He's a great deal happier thanks to Fluttershy, and so am I. Seems like everywhere ya turn these days there's a new face that yer heart leaps at seein' a smile... or even a flicker of color."


"I think the truth of the matter is that somepony could stand to pay a little more attention to details."


"Rarity's somethin' else. I dun mean that in a bad way... although just a week or two ago I probably did. Heh.... Reckon she took a lot more gettin' used to than the other friends... always goin' on with her hoity-toity tastes in manners and overall... fru-frueyness. It took a while, but now I can honestly say that I respect the mare. There's a strength in beauty... in findin' ways to be prim and proper like a polished stoned against ragin' rapids. Reckon I lost that sense... or never did cultivate it to begin with. Thankfully, we've got Rarity around to remind us what it means to shine. She gives an awful lot just to make us feel good about ourselves... just as she feels good about herself. I truly mean it. She gives. She gives and she gives and she gives and... reckon I feel mighty purdy bein' around her. I may not like it quite like she does... but I appreciate the lengths that she goes through for me... and I appreciate the lengths she goes through for the rest of the girls even more. I can stand a lot to learn from her... and I know she can learn an awful lot from me. That's the way it's supposed to work between Ponyfolk, right?"


"I challenge you to an Iron Pony competition. A series of athletic contests to decide who's the best, once and for all."


"And then there's... well.. there's... ... ... ... ...hmmmmmmm... ... ...then there's this other mare... ... ..."

PreviousChapters Next