• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 4,661 Views, 2,081 Comments

Appledashery Vol. Two - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash and Applejack have a long, joyous, arduous relationship.

  • ...
26
 2,081
 4,661

PreviousChapters Next
Filling

Clouds.

Sunset.

Birdsong and the scent of unbucked fruit wafted over the orchards of Sweet Apple Acres.

Winona ran circles in the yard, barking at random while sheep, pigs, and other livestock milled about.

In the distance, Apple Bloom and Twist could be seen trotting leisurely down the road leading to the farm. Giggles lit the air, carried aloft by the wind.

Big Macintosh squatted before the barn, hammering together a new wagon wheel. Granny Smith watched from the farm house's front porch... or at least she did whenever she wasn't fast asleep.

And Applejack...

Her able-bodied hooves crunched over leaves and grass as she trotted up, up, up the hill in the southwest corner of the land.

At long last, she rounded the crest...

...and approached the gravestones.

Shuffling, Applejack came to a stop.

She stared at her parents names... at the dates beneath them.

A warm breath. Crisp clean air. Warm sunlight.

And Applejack smiled.

"Well..."

She took her hat off, slowly squatted down, and let loose a heavy... heavy sigh.

But with a content expression.

"...I think I filled it." She winked. "Just a mite."

Leaves rustled as branches danced in the wind above her.

"So... you wanna hear 'bout 'em?" Applejack kneaded the soft earth beneath her as she settled into place. "Wanna hear about my new... friends?"

PreviousChapters Next