• Published 21st Oct 2016
  • 4,653 Views, 2,081 Comments

Appledashery Vol. Two - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash and Applejack have a long, joyous, arduous relationship.

  • ...
26
 2,081
 4,653

PreviousChapters Next
Refrain

Applejack bounded up the stairs.

She entered her room, chuckling as she remembered something that she and Stu had conversed about that day.

He had told her about her lengthy trip across eastern Equestria to arrive at Manehattan. After a long and hearty description of her travels, the dimwitted stallion had only one question to ask: "How did you carry your napsack without wings?"

She wanted to hit him.

"Heheheh..." She smirked, stumbling over to her vanity and removing her hat. "Darn bird-headed varmint. So easily distracted—"

Her smile faded.

Soft velvety blueness.

The feather lingered in the hollow of the hat, glistening in the last beams of light peeking over the hilltops outside her window.

"... ... ..."

Applejack took a deep breath. She closed her eyes and—with blind grace—she reached into the drawer of her vanity, opened a velvet case, and clasped the feather safely shut inside. She made no attempt to savor the soft texture of the treasured keepsake.

Only once the drawer had been shut did she open her eyes. She could finally exhale.

"Just helpin'... just..." A gulp. "Learnin' and helpin'."

And yet, as she turned away from the vanity...

...a dumb smile returned to her freckles.

She trotted briskly off towards the washroom to prepare herself for dinner.

PreviousChapters Next