• Published 13th Oct 2016
  • 2,077 Views, 7 Comments

Masterpiece - Kickback



Spike never did tell Rarity the truth about her new found power..

  • ...
14
 7
 2,077

Art


They were all so beautiful. Everything. Everything everywhere was so beautiful . She giggled. Cheery little snickering snaking it's way through a perfect teeth. However maniacal her grin might've been. She now sat upon the largest golden throne atop her ivory spire. Just how long had it been since she had found her calling? She guessed years, looking down at her dishevelling coat. Her fur had become matted and she could spy it going slightly grey. She would have to make a point to fix that. After all, everything must be perfect. All must be akin to her vision.

All must be Rarity.

There was a creak. She lifted her head to find her dear Spikey carrying something into the room. Forcing it to enter her presence in spite of it's thrashes and screams. Her beloved partner had grown. Oh how he had grown. Once a small baby dragon, now a foreboding creature. Just right for the job she had him carry out while she reclined in her throne. She barely noticed how tired he looked when he set the pony on her feet before her. His eyes were now dark and empty, a tortured soul dwelling behind his emerald irises but she paid it no mind. He had been a good little Spikey-Wikey and she'd be sure to reward. Maybe a small ruby or something. Rarity peered down at the shivering mare. She was cowering on the ground, covering her eyes with her hooves.

Rarity cringed.

No, no, this won't do at all!

Her coat was a sickening hue of pink. Her mane was an absolute rat's nest of fluff, filling her nose with the sweet stench of cotton-candy and those bright eyes? She didn't like those blues eyes of hers. The pink abomination of fashion and style called out to her by name, tears streaming down her face. This only confused Rarity, she didn't know this mare, how did she know her? Strangely enough, the mare did slightly appear familiar to her but that couldn't be right. The only other creature Rarity had ever known was her Spikey. She didn't know anypony else in the world. She had spent her whole life shaping the world to her vision with her beloved partner, right? She couldn't remember any other life than this.

The mare screamed at Rarity, shouting some nonsense about what she was doing was wrong. That what she had done to her friends was wrong, her eyes darting over to the fabulous golden and jewel-encrusted statues standing in rows upon rows around her. Rarity followed the mare's line of sight and smiled in satisfaction. Everywhere her glowing moss-coloured eyes scanned over was in accordance with her vision. Everything was absolutely perfect. All those ponies were completely out-of-style, their colours? Tacky. Their skin? Too last season. Their bones? Please, darling.

Her beloved Spikey curled up at the step of her throne, breathing heavily as he rested before her. She looked upon him with an endearing smile. He had been such a good dragon all this time. Always pushing her forward and supporting her vision. Even as the cheer and love seemed to drain from his face when he looked at her. She didn't care, he still helped her. He still found things that needed her touch when she asked him to go looking. He did love her, after all right? Of course he did, she was perfect.

Not like this wretched mare before her now. Rarity became evermore disgusted with the pink pony's appearance as she rambled on, her mane deflating as she screamed...and screamed...

Rarity had had enough.

With all but a single thought, the babbling mare was promptly silence. Rarity's horn sparked a beam of green light, hitting the pink pony. That silence was quickly torn to shreds as she began to scream. There was a grotesque singing sound as the shining, perfect gold burned away her fur and skin, coating her body in white hot glimmering metal. Where there was still flesh now bled, something cutting out from below the surface. Diamonds grew out from the mare's body, the edges of razor sharp crystal slicing away at her flesh as they embedded themselves onto the outside of her figure. The hair of her mane and tail felt as though each strand was being ripped out one by one by the magic now merging with her body but the pain in the rest of her body blinded her from it.

Pinkie Pie stared up at Rarity as she sat atop the throne, looking down at her with a light cackle in her voice as the unicorn tortured her. That would be the last thing Pinkie would ever see. Blood spilled from around her eyes as they were pushed out from the inside by large, shimmering gems. Pinkie's screaming slowly came to an end as her mouth was solidified shut in gold, her teeth turning to silver.

Pinkie Pie's heart, once-filled with love and cheer for all those she had ever known had now beat it's last.

Rarity looked down at her latest work with an air of satisfaction. Once again, the world is blessed with her artistic vision. Really, the ponies brought before her should really be thankful. Now they're so beautiful, now they are perfect.

"Spikey?"

The dragon lifted his head, his deep green eyes meeting her own.

"Put her with the others, please dearie."

Without a word, he moved over to the now beautiful pony statue. Rarity watched him as he sat on his haunches, looking down at it. Rarity glanced down at her hoof, inspecting it idly, not paying heed to the tears that fell freely from the dragon's eyes and the quiet sobs that escaped his toothy muzzle. Slowly, he cradled the golden pony, flying over to where four other statues stood on display. Spike looked upon each of them as he had done so many times before. Their familiar and mortified faces making the pit in his heart only grow deeper. Ever so carefully, he placed Pinkie Pie on display with her friends. He could at least them be together in death, he figured..

"And then bring me another!" Spike turned, looking down from the sky to find Rarity throwing her hoof in the air, an excited look adorning her face as yet another brilliant and perfect idea came to her.

Spike flew out into the world.

She giggled.

All must be Rarity.

Comments ( 6 )

Very disturbing , good job.

As a fine writer of the dark myself, I would have to say, that you've differently earned my like and fav.

Not bad. I have some issues with Spike's character here, mostly the fact that he is going along with this with no apparent attempts to stop this madness. Another curious thing is how Rarity got to this point in the first place. I don't buy that, between the other four girls, they couldn't overpower and/or otherwise incapacitate Rarity until they can find a counter-charm or something. Of course, these things don't actually harm the story. It's just me being over-analytical.

All in all, well done. You gave me a bit of a fright.

"With all but a single thought, the babbling mare was promptly silence. Rarity's horn sparked a beam of green light, hitting the pink pony. That silence was quickly torn to shreds as she began to scream. There was a grotesque singing sound as the shining, perfect gold burned away her fur and skin, coating her body in white hot glimmering metal. Where there was still flesh now bled, something cutting out from below the surface. Diamonds grew out from the mare's body, the edges of razor sharp crystal slicing away at her flesh as they embedded themselves onto the outside of her figure. The hair of her mane and tail felt as though each strand was being ripped out one by one by the magic now merging with her body but the pain in the rest of her body blinded her from it.

Pinkie Pie stared up at Rarity as she sat atop the throne, looking down at her with a light cackle in her voice as the unicorn tortured her. That would be the last thing Pinkie would ever see. Blood spilled from around her eyes as they were pushed out from the inside by large, shimmering gems. Pinkie's screaming slowly came to an end as her mouth was solidified shut in gold, her teeth turning to silver."

You paint lovely word pictures.

ALL MUST BE RARITY!!! :raritystarry:

Not like this wretched mare before her now. Rarity became evermore disgusted with the pink pony's appearance as she rambled on, her mane deflating as she screamed...and screamed... Rarity had had enough. With all but a single thought, the babbling mare was promptly silence. Rarity's horn sparked a beam of green light, hitting the pink pony. That silence was quickly torn to shreds as she began to scream.

How did it get silent in the first place?

Login or register to comment