• Published 2nd Jul 2012
  • 3,168 Views, 277 Comments

The Elements of Salvation - Slick Dash



The mane 6's children embark on an adventure of their own, to save their parents and Equestria!

  • ...
33
 277
 3,168

Apple Seed

Pregnant? PREGNANT?!?! Oh dear Celestia this wasn’t good!

Applejack stared at the test, unable to believe the little blue “+” staring back at her. How? That’s all she could keep asking herself, how could this have happened?

She paced back and forth in the small bathroom, trying to think this all out. She didn’t usually do this, but this was far too important to let it go on unchecked! How far along was she? Should she go talk to a doctor o get a check up? But what would she say about the father if he asked? She was honest, she was the embodiment of honesty so she couldn’t lie, but she didn’t want to tell anypony about this!

She didn’t know the father! Or at least, she didn’t know who it could be.

It wasn’t like she was sleeping around Ponyville! She was sure she hadn’t even done it in recent months, but how could she be sure? A few too many ciders and she was lost in a land of blurred memories. So could it have happened at Twilight’s wedding? That hadn’t been too long ago, and she had definitely had far too much at the reception. So it was likely that night was the origin of this... could it be called a problem?

Applejack stopped pacing, and sat on the cold tile floor thinking. It’s not like she had never thought of having foals, but it was one thing to think of it, and another to be on the brink of having one! She began to think of the days she’d spent tending to baby Apple Bloom, she’d loved those tasks! And she had loved the pride she felt at every moment the little filly she had raised had done something well. Effectively, she had already been a mother once.

Getting to her hooves, she glanced into the mirror. Her own big worried green eyes stared back at her. Then after a moment, they focused. Resolute. Prepared for whatever happened next. Granny had passed on, the farm was hers. Mac could always help! Though he was off with Fluttershy in her cottage these days, he could always come down and help with anything.

‘Fluttershy...’ it had taken a little while for Applejack to get used to thinking of her old friend as her sister-in-law, but now maybe their friendship would prove itself now! If Fluttershy could help her get through this, if Mac helped with the farm, it was possible this could all work out.

Apple Bloom was gone, off to Manehatton with her friends to get the best opportunities with their talents. So now all AJ had was her big brother and her new sister. She didn’t want to worry the others. Not yet anyway.

The reflection stared back at her still. Slowly, it’s lips parted, and Applejack said confidently. “We can do this!”

.......

“Darlin’ could you come in here for a minute?” called the southern accent of Applejack from within the newly refurbished office. A young colt, who had been sitting on the rug in the hallway, now jumped to his hooves and obeyed his mother’s request.

“Yeah mom?” asked the small copper coloured colt. He looked at the new desk that stood before him; behind it sat his mother, her Stetson hat was resting on a small prop that stood on the corner of the table. Before her lay a thousand different forms and graphs. The orange mare sighed with tiredness and looked up with bleary eyes. She reached up and rubbed her temples with her hooves to try and stop the fast approaching head ache that was beginning to flare up in her skull.

“Sugar cube, could you be a darlin’ and head down to Rainbow’s place for me. There’s a big storm headed this way, and we’re behind schedule on the harvest. Once that sucker passes through, we ain’t gonna have much but bare branches to work with. So could you ask her to possibly delay it by a couple o’ days?” Applejack’s son’s eyes lit up. Finally! He was allowed to help! He stammered in excitement at his chance, his tongue tripped over itself in a rush to say...
“Yeah! S-sure! I’ll go right now!”
He turned tail, and ran from the room. From behind, he heard Applejack cry out in alarm. “Hey! No canterin’ in the house!” the young colt smiled at his mother’s worries, it wasn’t like he was gonna get hurt on his way to the front doo-

His hoof snagged on a crease in the rug that covered the floor of the hall. He stumbled for a moment, his legs flailing wildly to stay upright. This proceeded for a good five seconds before his right foreleg caught his left and sent him toppling to the floor. “OW!” he muttered, glancing over his shoulder to make sure his mother hadn’t seen, she’d just look at him with that smug “I told you so” smile of hers.

He bounced back up to his hooves, and trotted (Far more carefully) Out of the front door and into the warm sun of another fine Equestrian day.

.......

Apple Seed was a reasonably average colt of his age. Only recently he had discovered his love for tending to the apple trees on his families orchard, and now an image of a pale silver watering can sprinkling three droplets of water glistened on his flank for all to see.

His mother was the legendary Applejack, the most popular pony in all Ponyville, and the owner of Sweet Apple Acres! A few years ago granny Smith passed away and left the entire farm to Apple Seed’s mother and uncle Macintosh. However, his uncle decided he’d rather tend to the farm rather than run it, so he left Applejack to do all the managerial work.

Seed thought back, his mother did seem a lot more tired these days, then again it must be hard running such a huge amount of land. Maybe he’d drop by Mrs. Pinkie Pie’s bakery and buy his mother a nice sweet treat. But first, the job!

Apple Seed made his way through the many crowded streets of Ponyville, with the weather as wonderful as it was today, the market was open, so everypony in town seemed to be out shopping. He was jostled slightly as he made his way through the town, he tried his best not to tread on anypony’s hooves, but he failed. No one minded however, it was bound to happen on such a crowded day.

Suddenly out of the blue, his vision was blocked by a huge mass of purple scales, the young colt bumped into the wall of scaly flesh and landed unceremoniously on his haunches.