• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 1,238 Views, 85 Comments

A Muffin For Muffins - BatwingCandlewaxxe



For Ditzy Doo. a developmentally disabled pony, an intelligence enhancement spell proves to be both a greater blessing, and a greater curse, than anypony could have expected.

  • ...
8
 85
 1,238

PreviousChapters Next
Progress Report Week 44

Progress Report Week 44
Muffins had a strange episode today. She has been slowing down a little more, but I've had her on a strict diet and exercise regimen, and she appeared so far to be in good health overall. When I went to take her out of her cage today, I found that she hadn't eaten, and had buried herself in her bedding at the back of her little house. I tried to get a look at her, but she kept burrowing deeper whenever the light touched her. She reminded me of myself with a migraine. I turned out the lights and tried to keep everything quiet, and she finally emerged a little where I could see her. Nothing obviously wrong, but I've asked Fluttershy to come have a look at her, since I didn't feel right taking her outside. When I went to call on Fluttershy, I discovered she had left town suddenly the day before; hopefully she'll be able to look in on Muffins as soon as she returns.

I've had three migraines myself this week. Two were mild, one was fairly bad. Sigil seems to think it may be a side effect of the enhancement spell. Small price to pay as far as I'm concerned. Twilight was much less sanguine, and insisted I travel to Canterlot for an examination at the university hospital. Lost almost four days of research because of that, but I did manage to get the rest of the next collection of fairy tales completed, and a fair amount of work on the novel. Redline hasn't been able to get the editing done on the last batch, due to a family emergency (I hope it's nothing serious). They say it will be a few weeks before the results are fully evaluated and I hear anything back. Muffins seems to have recovered from her... I guess migraine for lack of a better word. She still seems a bit sensitive, but is able to play again, which cheered me up a good deal. Such a cute and smart little mousie.

PreviousChapters Next