• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 1,238 Views, 85 Comments

A Muffin For Muffins - BatwingCandlewaxxe



For Ditzy Doo. a developmentally disabled pony, an intelligence enhancement spell proves to be both a greater blessing, and a greater curse, than anypony could have expected.

  • ...
8
 85
 1,238

PreviousChapters Next
Progress Report Week 18

Progress Report Week 18
Well... Um... Yeah. A levels. Not just A levels, but perfect scores. Across the board. And I'm already moving on with more advanced studies. The Princess was, well, surprised would be an understatement. 'Startled' would be a better description. She assumed that the enhancement would have leveled off by now, but it doesn't look like it's hit the plateau yet. I'm also sleeping less, I'm down to 5-6 hours a night. None of the physicians have found any medical issues, and I still don't feel any sort of unusual fatigue, so I guess that's just my new normal. Haven't had a migraine for a little while, so that's good. Spent the night with Rose, just snuggled up together in bed. Felt so good, so warm, so comforting, so... I don't really have the right words. She's just so wonderful. She spent the day with me in the castle, and even joined me when I went to play with Muffins. I almost died of cute overdose watching them together. She said the same thing about me.

I started writing my first real story. Not just my creative writing assignments, but a real story. I'm basing it on an ancient pegasus story, Tempest Rider the Tailless, one of the mytho-historical founders of Anemopolis, first city of the pegasi. Most of the original is brutally bloody and violent, but so was most of pegasus history. Fortunately, there is enough adventure and magic to make a good foal's story, especially the bit when he lost his tail. I think I can even inject a bit of humour into that one. The sort of story I loved when I was a filly. I hope somepony likes it.

I'm making good progress in ancient languages, I'm almost as fluent in Late Unicornian as Princess Twilight now; although given how much of modern Equestrian is based on it, that's not too surprising. Classical Pegasic is being a smidge more reluctant to give up its secrets, but I've managed a fluency in the modern form that I should have already achieved, had I developed normally. Better late than never, as Applejack would say. It's a lot of fun to walk through Ponyville or Canterlot chatting with Princess Twilight in Late Unicornian, seeing everypony else look confused, the way I was when listening to everypony around me talk just a few months ago. A somewhat puerile pleasure, admittedly, but it's still fun.

—————

I've finished "The Tail of Tempest Rider". Everypony is surprised I got it done in only two days. But it was amazingly easy to write. Once I started, the words flowed so smoothly and gracefully, like the story was already there, and I was just copying it down from some nebulous source that only I could see. I've submitted it to a few literary periodicals, but don't expect to hear back for a while; weeks perhaps. Princess Celestia sent word to Twilight that the ancient literature caretaker at the palace library found an old collection of Earth Pony folk tales. Not in the original Terran, unfortunately ― a translation into Late Unicornian ― but a valuable find nonetheless. She's even having it copied out for me, since the original is too fragile to travel. I need to remember to send the princess a note of thanks for her efforts and generosity. I already have three other stories fermenting in my brain; even more clearly than the last one.

I feel such elation at finally getting to see my oldest dreams come to fruition. I do so hope other ponies enjoy my work. That would mean the world to me. I let Rose read it, indeed I could hardly stop her, she was so enthusiastic and insistent. Not the best critic of my work, naturally, given her affection for me; but her appreciation of it made me feel amazingly warm inside. She would have been a great sister, I'm so fortunate to have gained her friendship when I did. I'm growing to love her like family, and I believe she feels the same. Princess Twilight read it as well, though I perceive that her wish to seem supportive overruled her critical faculties, and she praised it more than it possibly deserved. That's all right; I'll get more mercilessly honest feedback from the periodicals' editors, so I'm happy to have her support. She discovered that I have not read any of the Daring Do books, and insisted on loaning me her copy of the first one.

PreviousChapters Next