• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 1,238 Views, 85 Comments

A Muffin For Muffins - BatwingCandlewaxxe



For Ditzy Doo. a developmentally disabled pony, an intelligence enhancement spell proves to be both a greater blessing, and a greater curse, than anypony could have expected.

  • ...
8
 85
 1,238

PreviousChapters Next
Progress Report Week 14

Progress Report Week 14
At this point, Princess Twilight considers the intelligence-enhancement spell a rousing success; and I can't say I disagree with her at all. It's such a bizarre, almost disorienting feeling, thinking back to how I was, comparing my memories of those days to my current mental state. The changes have happened so fast I've barely had time to adjust. The Princess believes that the enhancement should be leveling out soon, and that I will reach a plateau where any further improvements will occur at a more natural pace. I'm undecided whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. I certainly love my new intelligence, but on another hoof, it will be nice to be able to just relax and focus on my writing and my life. I asked her if she saw any indication of Muffins reaching a similar plateau, but she wasn't sure; and she doesn't think that Muffins would be a good guideline anyway, given the substantial differences in our intellectual potentials. I'm thinking of taking Rainbow Dash up on her offer to join the Ponyville weather team. It would be nice to get out and do something physical again.

Also thinking of going and helping out at Lacuna Heart House. They took very good care of me. I know my father paid them for my care and lodging, but I also know that they're always understaffed and underfunded, and everypony there works so hard. I'm not really qualified for a lot of what they do, but just going and spending time with the residents, reading them stories, listening to them talk, I think that would be a good thing. I would have loved to have had more of that while I was there, and I'm sure some of the others would too. Maybe helping out with the cleanup and some of the chores would be useful. I just want to give something back.

—————

I just woke up, middle of the night, sobbing. I just couldn't stop. It just hit me like a hammer to the head how much I miss my mom. How I would give anything, everything, just to have her here with me, to show her what I've become, to make her proud of me and everything that I've done. To just hear her voice telling me she loves me. Oh momma momma momma why did you have to die why why why

I miss you so much

I miss you so much

I love you momma

...

PreviousChapters Next