• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 1,238 Views, 85 Comments

A Muffin For Muffins - BatwingCandlewaxxe



For Ditzy Doo. a developmentally disabled pony, an intelligence enhancement spell proves to be both a greater blessing, and a greater curse, than anypony could have expected.

  • ...
8
 85
 1,238

PreviousChapters Next
Progress Report Week 13

Progress Report Week 13
Had my next battery of academic testing this week. I'm well into secondary levels now, having fully completed all the primary courses. According to the examiners, I'm looking at O levels in everything at this point, and A levels in about a third. They won't be doing formalized testing until the end of the academic year, but are confident that I could manage at least that well if my studies continue as they have been. I've started to slack off a little bit, as I've been getting migraines more frequently. Being that I've been doing so little other than studying, I thought I deserved a break anyway. Had lunch with Rose earlier this week. She's so curious about me and my studies, we didn't talk about much else. I really shouldn't have let myself monopolize the topic of conversation that way, I'd love to get to know more about her too. Making a note here to remind myself to interrogate her about her own life the next time we meet up.

I've dropped by Rose's shop a few times while out and about, just to say hi and pass a few minutes with her (she's too busy most of the time for prolonged conversation, but always seems happy to see me and spend a few minutes exchanging pleasantries). I've gotten back into a regular routine, which has helped make things a bit easier to deal with. Having that structure has helped me focus on my literary studies as well. No matter how much smarter I get, I still love muffins, and definitely missed my daily jaunt to Sugarcube Corner. Speaking of Muffins, she's started mimicking some of my and Princess Twilight's mannerisms. I think she's still learning, almost like she's a pup again, learning from her mother.

—————

My Compendium of Classic Unicorn Folk Tales arrived today. Had to save up for that one for a while, but it was so worth it. Nine volumes of well-known and obscure traditional stories. That should keep me busy reading for a good long time. Also received a copy of Stout Trunk & White Page's Elements of Literary Style as a gift from Princess Twilight. She said that it would be invaluable for my writing career. That, and Purple Prose's Constructing Narrative; which I already own; though I haven't yet taken the time to peruse it as I should. Sometimes I think the Princess is almost as eager for me to start writing seriously as I am. I still have quite a bit more study and research to do first, though.

—————

Something odd. I'm not sleeping as much as I used to. I used to sleep a lot, about 9 or 10 hours a night. After my magical enhancement, I started sleeping more normal hours; but now I'm only sleeping about 6 or 7. I don't feel tired, just don't feel like I need the sleep. That does leave me considerable extra time for study, so I'm hardly complaining.

PreviousChapters Next