• Published 9th Oct 2016
  • 3,560 Views, 533 Comments

A Basket, A Blanket, and a Bundle of Bills - kudzuhaiku



One morning, just before work, Copperquick finds a basket, a blanket, and a bundle of bills

  • ...
15
 533
 3,560

Epilogue

Basking in the warm glow of the sun, his stomach full of tea, buttery cucumber sandwiches, and biscotti, Copperquick had a moment of quiet reflection to be thankful for all that he had. He faced an uncertain future, but that wasn’t so bad. Whatever the future was going to be, he wasn’t facing it alone. Buttermilk would be there with him, along with Mrs. Velvet, and waiting in the wings, sometimes unseen, would be Princess Cadance, who was building an army of social workers, therapists, and like-minded associates willing to help her achieve her vision for Equestria.

Esmeralda sat on a blanket spread over the grass staring at a fountain that gushed water into decorative geysers. She was small, cute, and in need of a nap. Even now, she wobbled, but resisted falling over and going to sleep. And who could blame her? The day was almost perfect.

Not far away, Twilight Velvet sat on a bench, writing something in a ledger. She had brought her work with her and Copperquick knew that she was planning another hostile takeover. Several actually. Copperquick had listened to her with his full attention as she laid out some of her plans during their time together, with himself and Miss Oddbody working as her chosen pawns in the field.

At some point, Buttermilk Oddbody recovered her happiness and her confidence. She was flitting about the small park, chasing after bugs and dandelion fluff, all while shouting “WEEEEEEEEE!” a whole lot.

“Agent Bowler, tell me, how would you feel about a trip to Manehattan?” Twilight Velvet asked with a wry smile on her face. “Some of the dole offices there could use a thorough shakedown. There are problems all over.”

“So, wait, you want me to just walk in and apply for help in other places?” Copperquick felt a growing sense of alarm as he looked at Twilight Velvet, and realised that she was serious. His fantastic mood was somewhat spoiled when he thought about all of the potential unpleasantness that was sure to be found in his near future.

“Ponyville has a far more relaxed bureaucracy,” Twilight Velvet said, mostly to herself as she bowed her head back down and continued to write in her ledger. “I still plan to send you there though. My daughter, Twilight, she wishes to speak to you.”

“Oh.” Copperquick realised that Mrs. Velvet was once more lost in her work and was now oblivious to the world around her. Squinting in the sun, he looked over at Miss Oddbody, who was flying over to him. “Hello, Agent Bun.”

“Agent Bowler, how pleasant to see you.” Miss Oddbody landed and settled in the grass beside Copperquick. “I have a proposition for you, Agent Bowler.”

“Is that so, Agent Bun?”

“Oh, very much so, Agent Bowler.” Miss Oddbody began tittering. “Spring break is coming. I plan to go home and see my parents. Try and see if I can smooth things out with them. I would very much like for you to come home with me and meet them.”

“Um, Agent Bun, isn’t that counterproductive? I mean, you want to smooth things out with them, but bringing me home with you, that is bound to cause a kerfuffle. I mean, I can see it now, ‘Mom, Dad, here is this nice pony I’m dating, he had a daughter with an exotic dancer and now he is raising her after her mother flew away to Las Pegasus.’ I am positive that shall go over in a splendid manner.”

“Hrm, well, when you put it that way, Agent Bowler…” Reaching up with her hoof, Miss Oddbody tapped her chin and looked thoughtful. “Moomy, Daddums, here is the nice pony I’ve been cohabiting with—”

“Egads, mare, do you want me to live?” Copperquick asked.

From where she sat on the bench, Twilight Velvet started snickering.

“Agent Fedora thinks this is hilarious.” Miss Oddbody glanced over at Twilight Velvet and then returned her full attention to Copperquick. “Come home with me. Some time in the country will do you good. You can get caught up on your school work over spring break and maybe bring your grades up a bit. I’ll get a chance to watch my Moomy freak out when Esmeralda calls me ‘Mama.’ My parents will absolutely love having some burro culture in their home.”

“Madam, you are no deadpan snarker,” Copperquick deadpanned.

More chortles could be heard from the mare on the park bench.

“Come home with me and I’ll show you my wingspan.” Miss Oddbody gave Copperquick an owlish stare through her oversized square glasses. Turning her head, she looked over at Twilight Velvet. “Help me, Agent Fedora.”

Without looking up from her work, she replied, “Agent Bowler, go home with Agent Bun and give her butter a thorough churning. Just use protection this time. Don’t be stupid. Do you need an adult to sit down with you and explain how this works? I can even draw helpful pictures and diagrams. With the invention of flavoured condoms, it is now much easier for pegasus ponies and earth ponies to don the protection they need. No more excuses, Agent Bowler.”

Now red as a cherry, Miss Oddbody stared down at the grass. “Well, that was not the help I had in mind.”

“I don’t know what I expected her to say. Certainly not that.” His own cheeks blazing and bright red, Copperquick found that he could not even look at Miss Oddbody, not without thinking about churning some sweet, creamy butter. “You know, Agent Bun, I am half tempted to take her up on her offer, just to see what she has to say.”

“Don’t you dare!” Miss Oddbody said as her wings buzzed.

“Buttermilk, I would love to come home with you during spring break… if you’ll have me.”

“I’ll have you any way I can get you.” Miss Oddbody paused, her face turned even redder, and she let out a gasp. “I didn’t mean that the way it sounded.” The flustered pegasus scooted a little closer to the still blushing earth pony and she smiled as she bit her lip.

“Things will work out fine.” Copperquick grinned. “We get to tell your parents that we are Crown appointed agents…”

“Hmm, yes we do, Agent Bowler.”

“I find you very attractive, Agent Bun.”

“That’s quite enough, Agent Bowler.”

Without a doubt, the future was uncertain… but interesting.

Author's Note:

If there is a sequel, it shall be better planned and therefore, better written. :derpytongue2:

Comments ( 66 )

you finished a story! XD.

joke aside this was pretty good

Agent Bowler is a Steed. I can't believe I didn't notice it earlier.

"In the avenues and alleyways"

Tis sad it is over, but it was a very enjoyable read anyways.:scootangel:

“Come home with me and I’ll show you my wingspan.”

:rainbowderp: Uhhhhhhhhhh...
And she was worried about what was said after that?

Also, Yay~
Somethings other than a oneshot was finished in this little verse'. That makes... 4? The Weed, TLATHH, TSAS, and now, ABABAABOB.
Edit: Forgot WCCH. Even if it was only 4 chapters. Does it count?

7655578

The Avengers. The old British tv series, and the rather shitty Sean Connery movie.

John Steed was the main character, he was famous for his stereotypical British dress sense (which) included a bowler hat and umbrella, and the theme song includes the line "In the avenues and alleyways", I find myself singing it at random sometimes, in strange fits of pique and hyperactiveness.

7655620

I had a derp moment. I know who the Avengers are.

I just didn't put two and two together. :derpytongue2:

7655598 That was one chapter. Doesn't meet requirements to count.

7655381

I dunno who downvoted, but I left an upvote to fix that. :duck:

I felt that it was valid.

You did good sir. You did good.

Seeing these two show up in other Weedverse stories would not be unappreciated. :pinkiesmile:

If there is a sequel, it shall be better planned

see... you have a typo, you planned to write

If When there is a sequel, it shall be better planned

Use protection in the sequel.:scootangel:

Delightful. :heart:

Even without a full sequel there's always a chance for a cameo.

Hey Buttermilk, does Copperquick use Copper-top batteries (and just keep going and going and going and going and going etc)

Hey Copperquick, Cielo del Este was only a pretend glitzed up marefriend, go with Buttermilk she's all natural!

7655836

Nothing outdoes the coppercrotch. :raritywink:

7655598 If they don't use a condom, I'm guessing No 6 for the sequel! (sorry, I've had a silly day):unsuresweetie:
Acronym Definition
1 ETD Electronic Theses and Dissertations
2 ETD Estimated Time of Departure
3 ETD Explosive Trace Detection (technology/machine)
4 ETD Electron Transfer Dissociation
5 ETD Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
6 ETD Estimated Time of Delivery
7 ETD European Telework Development
8 ETD Expected Time of Departure
9 ETD Equal Treatment Directive (EU)
10 ETD Empfohlene Tagesdosis (German product labeling)
11 ETD Estimated Time of Death
12 ETD End of Train Device (railroads/trains)
13 ETD Exchange Traded Derivative
14 ETD Electronic Tuning Device
15 ETD Estuary Transit District (Connecticut, USA)
16 ETD Education and Training Development
17 ETD Effective Transfer Date
18 ETD Electronic Transfer Device
19 ETD Energy Technology Development
20 ETD Energy Technology Division
21 ETD Enhanced Trickle-Down (water acidification model)
22 ETD Economics and Technology Division (EPA)
23 ETD Electrothermal Deactivation (infectious waste disposal)
24 ETD Extension Trunk Dialling
25 ETD Enlisted Training Division
26 ETD Electric Transmission Demonstrator
27 ETD Enlisted Training Directorate
28 ETD Executive Transportation Detachment (US Navy)
29 Etd Total Transportation Energy Demand (Carolina Environmental Program)
30 ETD Experimentation and Test Directorate
31 ETD Experience the Difference

7655865

Enter the Dragon.

7655847 That was quick, good one!

7655872 Yes I remember the Spike one off, just playing around. And then #1 could a be a quick Copperquick one off, Oh and #30 for Twi Velvet?

All the copper talk suddenly had this comedy sketch come to mind, 2 references in particular.

Another fun read. Not quiet what I expected when it started, but that's OK. I'm just here for the ride.

Sequel? Yes please. :duck:

Epilogue
She was small, cute, and in need of nap.
of a nap.



Loved this story, especially Agent Fedora :pinkiehappy: Hope to see more of these guys in the future!
Thank you for writing and sharing!

I look forward to a sequel!

7655403 ...

HOW DO PEOPLE KNOW!?

This has more cross-referencing than the SCP archive! >_<

Yesssssssssssss


This was a satisfying epilogueeeeeee

7655711 not sure how true it us but I hear they are coming out with condoms in a can. Apparently it spray on latex.. xD hahaha..

So what's the sequel to this? I cannot believe it's not butter? :trollestia:

They could also try glow in the dark condoms.

7662004

Gosling hasn't happened yet. This is the spring and Gosling begins his courtship in the fall. As of this story, Gosling is still getting therapy and is being sorted out.

Now red as a cherry, Miss Oddbody stared down at the grass. “Well, that was not the help I had in mind.”

Hahaha!

Good story.

7662011 Oh, okay. Looking back at that chapter, I think I mentally inserted an Oxford comma in the following:

Oh, I assure you, something will be done. Later today, Mister Blancmange will be meeting with the Lord Mayor, Prince Blueblood and an internal affairs committee.

And thought it meant both the Lord Mayor and Blueblood, not Blueblood the Lord Mayor.

7662030

The implication here is that Gosling will eventually be dealing with some of this mess and I think we all know how this will go when it happens.

If there is a sequel, it shall be better planned and therefore, better written. :derpytongue2:

A sequel would be awesome. Another vote for a sequel here(Take your time though) . :pinkiehappy:

And then all the innuendo came spewing out all at once :duck:


Hurry up with that there planning Agent Alphabet. We need more words from you :pinkiehappy:

7684176

This septic tank finds that hilarious.

This was brilliant, and good ta see too. ^-^ Would love to see a continuation of their adventures sometime, but ya have a HELL of a lot on ya plate.

If Esmeralda Verde appeared in the show, would she look like the "Flurry Heart" version of pony babies or the "Cake Twins" version?

Do you plan on making a sequel for the story? I really want to see what will become of Cielo del Este in the future.

7717882

I am considering it.

7717890 Doooooooo ittttttttttttt

This was a charming little story, while at the same time it makes me wonder just how badly the Weed-verse Princesses have lost control of their own government.

This was delightful! Thanks Kudzu!

Amazing, as always. Thank you for taking the time to write this, we, your fans, appriciate it. I'm hoping for a sequel, I curious how that meeting-her-parents scene would turn out. Their relationship is taking babg steps, I'd like to know how it continues!
Keep up the awesome work Kudz!

Login or register to comment