• Published 9th Oct 2016
  • 780 Views, 20 Comments

Equestria World, Book 2: The Rise of Harmony - Gear Works



Jack Diamond, Sunset Shimmer, and Twilight Sparkle return to deal with a threat in the shadows. And they don't plan to do this alone. This time, the whole team will be tested.

  • ...
8
 20
 780

Prologue

Hello, my name is Jack Diamond. Now you might think I’m just your typical teenage boy, but I’m not. I carry a special gift called soul resonance. It allows me to read other people’s souls, or more likely, their feelings. It also allows me to do things I can’t normally do as a human. I started to learn about my gift back in the seventh grade, which I used that time to learn how to read other people’s feelings. By the eighth grade, I was able to use this gift to help others who were in trouble. But I kept it a secret from everyone, even my own family.

By the time I started high school, my family moved to Manehattan for a big project that my father was in charge of. He’s a construction foreman for a big name company called D.I.Y. Inc, which works on tons of city based projects, so my family moves around a lot. So every time I move to a new city, I have to leave my old friends behind and make new friends.

My gift started to play a new role when I started to help out one girl named Coco Pommel. She had a hard time making friends, and I was glad to call her my friend. But this would also lead to other students joining us and forming the Manehattan Knights, a group that works to maintain the balance of power between those who possess it, and those with don’t. But it was also used to help keep my gift a secret from those who would want it for their own personal gain. But when Coco moved away, it was Professor River Song who helped fill her place and became the adviser of the Manehattan Knights. But River Song would put the wheels in motion when I moved to Ponyville after my sophomore year of high school when my father got a new job from the company.

That was when my real adventure started.

I started my junior year of high school at Canterlot High, one of the most diverse schools out there. It was also where I met Twilight Sparkle, one of the best students in the school, and her closest friends, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy. It was also where I met one girl who has caused trouble to the school in the past, Sunset Shimmer. Turns out that Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer were paired up with most of the classes that I was also in, thanks to Principal Celestia and her sister, Miss Luna. The reason for this was that Celestia learned about my gift from River Song, who has been helping her in finding her old mentor and friend, Professor Star Swirl, who might hold the key to understanding my gift. The only problem was that he mysteriously disappeared, leaving a book behind that would explain soul resonance, the gift that I possess.

Principal Celestia requested that I help Sunset Shimmer make a change for the other students to see, and to do so, I had to work on breaking down a wall that surrounded her own soul. But I would need help to make this happen, and I was lucky to be reunited with an old friend who knew about my gift, Coco Pommel. But I would need more help to make this happen. One student was Chrysalis, a girl who has fallen behind in her classes and was living by herself in a broken down house, with the loss of what family she had. Students thought she was a witch because of the goth clothes she worn, but I was able to prove that there was good in her and was able to help her make friends this time. Another student was Moon Dancer, a bright student, like Twilight, who caught on to my gift and was hoping that it would help bridge the gap between Twilight and Sunset after last school year’s rivalry between each other. Thanks to them, I was able to learn more about my problems.

But I wasn’t the only one who possess these powers. Turns out that their rival school, Crystal Prep, also had students who possess similar gifts to what I have. And one of those students was Indigo Zap, both a friend and sparring partner from the eighth grade in Fillydelphia. She was also a part of a group called the Elite 5, the best students in their school who also possess the gift that I carry. The only way to find out who else possess this gift was to be part of the football team, which was forced on to me by Principal Celestia. Thanks to this, I started to become one of the popular students in Canterlot High, and a big target from some students in Crystal Prep.

One of these students was Lightning Dust, who felt I would destroy Crystal Prep’s perfect sports record. She put her focus on taking me out of the game, but when Sunset Shimmer decided to intervene, Lightning Dust decided to make sure that she was punished by using her high school past to black list her. When everyone started to side with Twilight and blame Sunset for the destruction of the fall homecoming, I knew that I couldn’t keep my gift a secret any longer. Thanks to the support that I had, we were able to clear Sunset’s name and deal Crystal Prep a blow in their football season.

But that didn’t stop Lightning Dust and her group from getting in my way. With the championship game coming up, we had to pull our weight together to overcome what Crystal Prep still have. But in that process, we learned that there was more to this than some simple rivalry. Turns out that during the Great War decades ago, there was a group called the Dark Star Organization who was experimenting on kids to be used as weapons of destruction, hoping to create the perfect solider. But if failed when a black ops group, called the Equestrian Knights and Riders, was able to stop them from completing their mission. But the group disappeared before the war was over. Now we think that someone is using students from Crystal Prep for their research.

But I was able to get in touch with Indigo Zap and learned that her friends, the Elite 5, were looking for answers to what they possess. But in that process, we started to learn that what they possess was nothing from what I possess. Turns out that Miss Luna’s master from college, Master Blades, also possess the same gift that I carry, and that it was rare for guys to carry this gift. This raised more questions about my gift. But the bigger issue was that Lightning Dust and her group was still off the hook in the crimes that they committed to our school. And the only way to expose them was to take on Crystal Prep, which meant that we would have to take out their star quarterback, Long Shot, who was able to keep his gift for so long.

With a plan in place, we were able to deliver a blow to Crystal Prep’s football team on the field, but this left me injured as well. With me out of action, Crystal Prep was able to make a comeback to win the game. But during that time, and with Sunset at my side, we were able to access the Realm of Souls. This allowed me to learn that I was Master Blades original master in a past life, Master Edge. It also allowed me to gain a new power with the bond that I share with Sunset Shimmer. Thanks to this, I was able to recover and return to the game and help defeat Crystal Prep to win the championship.

But that wasn’t the end. Confronted by Principal Cinch of Crystal Prep, she accused us of tampering with their team with false claims of vandalizing our school. This forced me to use my powers as a Manehattan Knight and challenged Principal Cinch to a deadly duel. This allowed Lightning Dust to confess to the crimes that she committed. With the truth revealed, Principal Cinch was convinced that her students committed crimes to our school and accepted defeat.

Now with football season over, and a team assembled, we plan to work on finding out where the Dark Star Organization is doing their experiments and hope to stop them before another Great War breaks out. Because this is no long just my story…

This is our story.

Author's Note:

From this point forward, the story will be told from a third person point of view.