• Published 27th Jun 2012
  • 3,120 Views, 88 Comments

Waking Nightmares - Kelvin Shadewing



A college student deals with halucinations of the pony kind.

  • ...
2
 88
 3,120

Chapter 11

Waking Nightmares

DISCLAIMER: This is a non-profit work of fan fiction. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic © Hasbro.

Chapter 11

"John? John, git yer flank outta bed!" Applejack turned around and bucked her human companion put of his bed.

"Ow!" John shouted, "Crazy bitch! I'm up!" He exhaled and brushed his hair out of his face before looking up into Applejack's enormous green eyes. "Oh, you're still here?"

Applejack raised an eyebrow. "Ah never left."

"Right." John picked himself up and went for the bathroom door. "It's too early for this crap..." He turned around and pushed Applejack out of the bathroom when she tried to follow him. "Look, as much as I like the idea of a girl watching me in the shower, I don't think you'd be too happy to see my 'southern comforts'."

Applejack twisted her face in disgust. "Ugh, and Ah thought Ah was uncouth!"

John grinned and went in to take his shower.

Applejack sat against the door and sighed. "Ah saw sonethin' last night that really disturbed me."

"It happens," John called back nonchalantly.

Applejack rolled her eyes. "It was a picture of mahself 'n' mah friends on this weird plastic box. Ah opened it up, but all Ah saw inside was this weird round mirror. Y'all know somethin' 'bout that?"

John came back out wrapped in a towel. "Look, miss pony--"

"Applejack."

"Apple snack, whatever." John rolled his eyes this time. "You probably saw yourself because you're from that dumb girly cartoon. And I don't know or care how you got here, because I don't feel like dealing with it. Now shoo!"

"OK," Applejack said, turning to walk out with a shrug, "Jus' don't make no sense to me. You say Ah'm from some girly show and yer friend, who's a boy, has this show. Don't add up none to me."

"What?" John looked into David's room. "You mean him?"

"Eeyup." Applejack led John into his sleeping room mate's room and went under the bed. She pulled out the My Little Pony DVD box and gave it to him. "See me right there with them other ponies?"

"Oh. My. God." John stared contemptuously at the pink case. "I don't believe it! David's gay!"

Applejack looked at David's smiling face. "He sure seems that way, judgin' by this silly grin o' his."

"Well, now I see why you're here," John said with a look of confident determination, "I need to save my room mate from himself!"

"Huh?"

John turned to Applejack. "Thank you, magic pony! Tonight, I shall save David's soul from the black depths of Tartarus! Tonight! We dine! In Rivendell!" He dropped the DVD case and ran into his room to get dressed, then promptly left the apartment.

Applejack stared at the door. "Uh. Yer welcome?" She went over to the window and looked down to see John heading for his car. "No way yer leavin' me here with somepony who can't see me!" She got up on the sill and jumped down, galloping at full speed and arriving in time to jump in as he opened the door.

"Hey, what are you doing?" John demanded.

"Ah ain't stayin' cooped up all day," Applejack retorted.

John sighed. "Fine, whatever. At least you're the most normal-looking pony. Even if you are annoying. Just keep your trap shut, alright?"

"Deal." Applejack spat in her hoof and held it to John.

He stared for a moment. "Uh, I'll take your word for it."


"David?" Luna said softly.

"Hm?" I mumbled back.

"I'm sorry to end this so abruptly, but I must lower the moon for my sister."

"Uh? Oh, yeah!" I quickly untangled myself from her body and climbed out from under her.

I had to give the moon princess credit; she was limber, and her figure and posture were excellent. I had no idea she could even get into those positions. Truly, this pony was unbeatable at Twister! Oh, what did you think we were doing?

I fixed my shirt and composed myself as Luna went for her door.

"Would you like to watch?" she turned to ask.

"Yes, please!" I quickly followed her to the balcony and watched her take off.

The spectacle was astounding! In the show, Celestia made it look so simple to raise the sun, just flying straight up as it rose. But Luna turned it into a ballet, executing a graceful figurative dance that looked like she was bidding fond farewell to an old friend.

When she was finished, the sun took the moon's place, casting a warm glow over Equestria. The night princess lighted down next to me and stood at my side on the balcony.

"What did you think?" she asked.

"It was... breathtaking." I smiled at her.

"Do you know what else is breathtaking?" a third voice asked.

I turned around and came face to muzzle with Celestia. I was so startled by the sudden extreme close-up that I jumped back and tripped over the railing, flipping off the edge. A terrified scream ripped through the air as I fell towards the courtyard below.

I heard Luna scream my name just before impact, and then the sky disappeared. I sat bolt upright, cold sweat running down my face.

Rarity was sitting on my lap with her hooves wrapped around me. "Oh, darling, I'm so glad you're awake! You looked like you were having the most dreadful nightmare!"

I looked from her to the other ponies who appeared equally concerned for me. I scowled and tried to will my heart into calming down. "I swear to God... if I see Celestia again... I can't be held responsible for what I might do!"

"You saw Celestia?!" Twilight asked, shoving Rarity off of me to take her place on my lap.

"Yeah," I said, "And I found out something new. I'll tell ya later though."

"Why? What is it?" Twilight followed me into the bathroom.

"I said later, Twi." I pushed her out and got in the shower.

Rarity was in there with me again, and she refused to leave.

"Why?" I asked myself, "Of all the ponies, why her?"

The whole time, Rarity kept yammering on about my taste in clothing and how I should wear more stylish outfits, despite my best efforts to convince her that a T shirt and jeans were the style around here.

After I got done in the bathroom, I went to the phone and called my boss to ask for the day off. I told him part of the truth; I needed to see a doctor because I had a problem that could be serious but I wasn't sure what it was. I left out the symptom of talking ponies, of course.

Leaving to see Dr. Straus again, I asked that only Twilight come with me today. After all, I needed the pony who drove me crazy the least if I was gonna get through this ordeal.

"Well," I said as I stepped outside, "Here goes nothing."

Author's Note:

If you'd like to support my writing, please visit my site!

Comments ( 14 )

Well... For as short as the chapter was, I'm not quite sure it was COMPLETELY worth the wait. I did enjoy it, like all other chapters. But, as always, looking forward to more! keep up the good work!

917115 oh man, that picture is so perfect for the scene, it had me cracking up.
Good chappy, but it was like an appetizer, and now I can't help but want more :P. I think it's pretty hilarious how pervy Rarity is in your story. It was just so unexpected to me. Also, Trollestia is best Celestia.

917115 OMG, I cannot think of a better picture than that! You just made my day!

I must say that I'm enjoying this fic a lot. It's quite interesting. I am sensing that it's not quite the same now that it was when you began, things are subtly different.

Though I'm liking that you're going the more story-like way with it, and I can't wait to see what happens next time on Waking Nightmare. Same pony-time, same pony-channel.

917115 Oh god you got me laughing with that picture! XD Midi! I'm loving your story :3

>>Mr. AJ great picture

>>Midi please keep up the good work!

you are continuing this, right? :fluttershysad:

....still writing this?.... hopefully?..... :applecry:

Are ya still keeping this alive?

i really want to read more of this!:pinkiecrazy:

Soooo, is this story dead? Cause I liked where it was going and it has some very funny moments.

This is more interesting than I thought it would be. I look forward to reading the next chapter.

Login or register to comment