• Published 17th Oct 2016
  • 3,540 Views, 161 Comments

YouTuber: Button Mash - TheAnimerican



Button Mash is living a good life. He is now a famous YouTuber, over millions of fan, and makes good money. Can life get any better for him? Maybe somepony came back in his life to make that happen.

  • ...
10
 161
 3,540

Hello Everypony! This is Button Mash!

Thanks to wizards and alchemists, they helped the entertainment industry grow. In all of Equestria, there was not one home that did not have some sort of home entertainment. However, the most popular thing at that point in time was YouTube.

YouTube started off as a free video sharing website. It eventually grew into something far bigger where users had the opportunity to become an internet celebrity. These internet celebrities were called YouTubers. YouTubers created videos and shared their work with everypony. In time, some YouTubers gain fame and become financially successful. It is sad to say that there are others who were not so lucky. This story, however, is about one stallion who was one of the lucky few to make it.

***

Button Mash never did worry about his future. He knew that everypony had a special talent and that he would be no exception. When he posted his first video on his YouTube gaming channel, that was the same day he earned his cutie mark. The cutie mark was a directional pad, like the ones found on a video game controller. He knew right then and there what he was meant to do.

At first, nopony thought he could make a career from playing video games. However, he proved them wrong when he made his first ten thousand subscribers in a few short months. That number would then climb higher and higher until he reached over two million subscribers. With his popularity, he received gifts from fans, gaming companies, and even invited to conventions as an honorable guest. In his colt years, he did not make many friends. Nowadays, he had many friends and more love than he could ever ask. Despite all of this, he still felt like something was missing in his life.

Button Mash moved out of his family's house, but still made Ponyville his home. There he played his video games without interruption.

"Okay everypony, that is all the time I have for today. Thank you all so much for watching and leave a like if you enjoyed. Oh and don't forget to log in this Friday for our monthly charity livestream. This time, the donation we make will be given to the Equestrian Red Cross. Until next time, Button Mash out!"

Another end of recording of a video for his fans to enjoy. After he finished recording, he edited the video and uploaded it to YouTube. It usually takes a while to upload the video, depending on the quality and the length of time of the video. There was still some daylight left, so he decided to head into town to pick up groceries. He grabbed his saddle bag and stepped out the door.

On his way into town, he noticed that buildings were covered in posters. Upon closer inspection, he recognized the mare on the cover to be Sweetie Belle, though she is now better known by her stage name, Bella.

"Hmm...Bella performing in Ponyville this coming Friday night. It is good to see that you made it Sweetie Belle," Button Mash said softly with a smile.

When he finally made it to town, he went from vendor to vendor buying groceries.

"Umm...excuse me sir."

Button heard a small voice from behind him. He turned around to see a little filly and colt. They stared at him with a smile.

"Are you Button Mash!?!" The colt asked with excitement.

"Yeah. How's it going?"

"Oh sweet Celestia! My brother and I love watching your channel. You are so funny. We want to start our own YouTube channel one day. It won't be a gaming channel, but we want it to be great like yours."

Button chuckled at the little filly's ramble. "Wow. I am very flattered and am happy you like my videos. As for your channel, I am sure it would be great. Be sure to let me know and we can probably do a video one day."

"Really!?!"

"Of course. Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye."

"Oh! He pinkie promised!" the filly shouted with glee. Pinkie promises became a trend in the later years. Although it died down, most ponies of Button's generation still used it.

"Thank you Button Mash! I can't wait to tell our parents about this!" the little colt shouted. Both he and his sister left Button to rejoin their parents. The parents smiled as their children were telling them about Button. The parents looked up at Button and gave a nod as a "Thank you." Button returned the nod and continued with his grocery shopping.

When he went grocery shopping, he always stocked on fruit more than vegetables. His favorite fruit was apples; specifically from Sweet Apple Acres.

After he was done, he began to walk back home. Along the way, he spotted Sugarcube Corner. Although he tried to better his diet, he always found it difficult to walk pass his favorite place for a chocolate shake.

"Eh, one shake won't kill me."

Changing direction, he headed straight for the sweet bakery. Once he entered, he saw that the place was more crowded than usual. Even for a Friday night it was quite busy.

Mrs. Cake took notice of Button, "Oh hello Dearie. I'm sorry, but we are out of tables. If you don't mind waiting, a table should be cleared in about 10 to 15 minutes."

"Oh Mrs. Cake, I don't mind sharing a table!" a mare shouted from a nearby table. Her face was hard to see, as she wore large sunglasses and had a scarf wrapped around her head.

"Oh. Well, as long as he doesn't mind. Are you okay with that sir?" Mrs. Cake asked.

"Uh no. I don't mind at all. Thank you Mrs. Cake," Button said with a smile. He showed himself to the table near the window, and sat himself across from the mare who offered the seat.

"Thank you so much for letting me sit at this table with you."

"Not a problem. It is nice to have some company with me actually," she replied.

Button couldn't help but notice that she was drinking a vanilla milkshake. He gave a chuckle.

"You find something amusing?"

"Sorry, it's not that funny."

"No what is it?"

"Well, I came in here wanting to get a chocolate shake. I thought it was kind of funny that you have a vanilla milkshake."

Although Button was embarrassed to say it, he was relieved to hear the mystery mare give a small giggle.

"That is kind of funny. Yeah, I used to come here all the time when I was little. I would come here with a friend of mine and we ordered milkshakes together. There was this one time he challenged me to a milkshake race. I never agreed, but he started the race anyway and had a serious brain freeze."

Button and the mare was laughing so hard at the story. He had a hard time breathing and grew tears from all the laughter. When his laughter began to slow down, he realized something. The story that the mare told was very similar to a day he spent with...Sweetie Belle.

"Judging from the look on your face, it looks like you finally figured it out." The mare slid her sunglasses down and exposed her green eyes to Button.

Button released a large gasp, "SWEETIE BE-!" Button's muzzle was immediately silenced by a magical aura. Sweetie Belle gave a shush.

"Swe-It has been a while. How are you?" Button Mash asked in a loud whisper.

"Hehe. I am fine. It is good to see you. You look well."

"Yeah, but look at you. You look great. Not to mention you are one of Equestria's greatest pop stars."

Sweetie Belle blushed in embarrassment, "Thanks Button. It was a long and hard road, but now I have so much fun. Well, aside from all the paparazzi." Her expression turned sour. "They can be so annoying and write anything for publicity."

"Oh I know exactly what you mean. Not to your extent, but there was this one time I went to convention and this one blogger kept harassing me. He asked me so many questions and kind of tweaked the truth."

"That's right! You are a famous YouTuber now! How is that going for you?"

"It is going great. I love playing video games for a living. I try to do comedy sketches and vlogs whenever I get the chance. It can get a little tiring just posting gameplays all the time."

Mr. Cake shows up at their table, "Thank you two for waiting. So what can I get for you sir?"

"I will take the chocolate shake."

"One chocolate shake coming up." Mr. Cake quickly dashes off to the kitchen.

"Why is it so busy in here?"

"Ugh, most of these ponies are paparazzi. Somepony tipped them off that I would be here at Sugarcube Corner."

"Wow. They are really on your flank aren't they?"

"Yeah..." Sweetie Belle gave an annoyed look and took a sip of her vanilla shake.

Mr. Cake returned with a chocolate shake, "Here is your chocolate shake." As quickly as he came, he left immediately to take care of the next customer.

Button took a glimpse at Sweetie and saw that she looked bummed out. There was one thing that he knew he could do to cheer her up.

Button whispered, "Hey Sweetie."

"Hmm?"

"Milkshake race! One, two, three, go!" Button grabbed his milkshake and started chugging it down. Immediately, the cold beverage filled his belly. Slowly, the cold crept up his spine to the head. Button took hold of his head and collapsed on the side of the table. He screamed in pain from the brain freeze.

As he screamed, he was able to hear many ponies laughing at him. Including the pony that he targeted. Sweetie Belle tried to hold back, but she failed miserably. She laughed so hard that she was forced to removed her glasses to wipe her tears. However, while she removed her glasses, she did not realize that the scarf she wore got caught. The scarf was untied and it exposed her mane to the bakery. Immediately, the laughter stopped.

A pony from the crowd shouted, "It's Bella! She's here in Ponyville!"

"Uh oh," said Sweetie.

A crowd suddenly formed around the table. Paparazzi formed around Bella and began to take her pictures. The crowd ignored Button that still laid on the floor in pain. Button tried to crawl to Sweetie, but was blocked off by multiple legs. As he continued to remain on the floor, he was at risk of getting trampled.

As he laid there, he suddenly felt somepony take hold of his hoof. He then felt a jolt of energy rush through his body. The scenery quickly changed from multiple forelegs to a clear evening sky. In a daze, he slowly got on his hooves.

"Good. The freeze finally wore off."

"Sweetie, what just happened?"

"I learned a few tricks from Twilight before I left Ponyville. I teleported us outta there, but I rather not hang out here for long. I was only able to teleport us a few buildings away. I'm afraid they might find us soon."

Button contemplated where they should go, but there was only one place he could think of.