• Published 5th Oct 2016
  • 11,918 Views, 760 Comments

Rise of the Crystal Emperor - Navanastra



Emperor Mateus of the Palamecian Empire fails to conquer the world not once but twice after getting defeated by Firion and his gang. Instead of just going back to hell the Emperor wakes up in a brand new world and in an even newer body as well.

  • ...
31
 760
 11,918

Chapter 7: The Gears Are Starting to Turn

Chapter 7: The Gears Are Starting to Turn

Edited by: Chrome Masquerade


Silver Sword trotted through the long hallways of the Palace, his armored hooves clanking on the smooth and shimmering crystal floor beneath him as he continued his casual stroll through the silent halls.

“I do hope that the ‘no doubt’ new ruler of the crystal empire is going to allow me to rebuild and re-assign the crystal guard, or at the very least something similar to it. How can he not? The empire is the most vulnerable it has ever been, thanks to the previous king. It would be suicidal to not establish a form of security, especially since ‘the words of the two rookies actually hold truth’ that seemingly anything and anyone has the ability to just casually waltz into the city unhindered and unopposed. This city really needs a wall in the future, if it ever comes to that.” Silver Sword thought to himself as he did one last final check on the armor and helmet he was wearing to make himself look far more presentable. Both visually and for the proposal he was planning to offer.

He looked over his silver coated sword secured on his side, its length pretty much as long, if not a bit longer than, his own as its silver handle and housing glinted and shimmered with in the bright, reflective interior of the palace halls.

He smiled at it. The sword was an old family heirloom passed down to every new generation of his family, though that smile quickly dropped when he was unable to recall everything about his family beside the sword itself.

He was about to step up a set of stairs leading up to the elevated level of the throne room itself when a voice from behind him caused him to pause instead.

“Hey! Captain, wait up!” a female voice called out to him, a voice he was very familiar with as he looked past his shoulders to look at the oncoming mare behind him.

“Shimmering Sapphire? What are you doing here?” He asked with a raised brow as the mare in question finally stopped behind him, huffing and puffing.

“Isn’t it obvious? I am here to meet this mystery pony with you of course. You are going to need some backup if things suddenly go south faster than you can draw your sword.” She explained while straightening her helmet a bit. “Plus, I am just as curious as you.” She quickly added while giving her superior a bit of an awkward smile.

Silver Sword simply shook his head before giving his second in command and long-time foalhood friend a thankful smile.

“Even during all this confusion you are still as clueless to your own childish curiosity as ever. Don’t ever change, Sapphire.” He commented happily before continuing on making it to the throne room.

“For you? I never would.” She whispered quietly to herself as she followed the captain. A set of large double doors quickly greeting them on the end of their journey as Silver Sword carefully pushed them open before peeking his armored head through them.

“Is that… Ruby Quill beside the throne?”

………………………………………………………………………………………


The Emperor raised a curious eyebrow when he noticed the main doors to the throne room opening. Switching his gaze from the surprisingly over-ecstatic Ruby in front of him to the distant door as an armored pony head poked out from between its gap.

“More curious visitors already? And here I thought that these equines might be timid creatures, judging from my first encounter of them and their overall looks as well.” The Emperor thought to himself as he rubbed his chin in thought while leaning back against his crystal throne.

He watched the newcomer spot him and the other two females in the room from his position before finally inviting themselves fully into the throne room. A second armored figure emerged, right behind the first, as both of them immediately followed the long red carpet leading towards the throne he was currently occupying.

Both Thera and Ruby turned their heads to look at the newcomers as well, with Thera slowly inching her hoof towards the handle of her sword while Ruby, on the other hoof, simply stared and kept to herself.

The two armored figures eventually stopped right at the foot of the elevated throne before looking at the Emperor.

A moment of awkward silence quickly dominated the large room as neither individual moved or said anything, with the exception of Thera as her hoof finally gripped the her scabbard, then the handle of her sword.

One of the armored newcomers noticed this as she focused her gaze towards her with a cautious glare as she grabbed the handle of her sword as well, a mare, if the much smaller and shorter muzzle poking out from the helmet was anything to go by.

Both the Emperor and the armored stallion (he found out via the much larger muzzle) in front of him were staring and eyeing one another carefully.

The awkward silence and the obvious tension between the two females was quickly broken when the geared up stallion at the foot of his throne suddenly bowed down, which again caused the Emperor to raise an eyebrow.

“Sire? I have come here to make a request.” The stallion suddenly announced with a surprisingly young but still firm tone as he rose up from his bow to look back up at him.

Taking this as his cue to speak, the Emperor leaned forward a bit with curiosity. “Oh? A request, you say?” He questioned in which the stallion nods.

“Yes sire. I have come here to request your permission to re-establish the crystal guard that had been disbanded and scattered during Sombra’s rule. Again, with your permission I would love to finally take up my position again as captain and protector of the Empire’s citizens.” He answered with another bow, this time followed by his companion when she broke her gaze from the Thestral to mimic the stallion’s actions.

Again, the Emperor felt slightly surprised by the immediate obedience of these ponies. Who knew that getting rid of that tyrant for them could reap such immediate results?

“Captain, you say? What makes you so deserving of such a position?” The Emperor asked curiously, which immediately caught the attention of the stallion in question as he raised his head with a smirk on his muzzle.

“I can demonstrate it for you if you want, sire.” He countered while still holding that confident smile of his. This immediately caught the attention of the mare beside him as her eyes opened up in realization, but before she could rebuke him, or even open her mouth, she was interrupted by the Emperor himself.

“A demonstration, you say? What kind of demonstration does our ‘captain’ here have in mind, if I may ask?” He responded with a smirk of his own, feeling kind of interested in what this so-called captain had in store, skillwise.

The captain nodded as he pulled out his sword from its silver sheath, holding it firm in his enchanted armored hoof and twirling it a couple of times before looking back up at the monarch.

“Please do not be too startled by what I am about to do, just trust me on this, sir, no harm will come to you.” He firstly reassured which again prompted the mare beside him to look at him nervously.

“No wait… please don’t tell me that you are-” She tried to get in before the captain beside her suddenly threw his sword with practiced ease directly at the emperor seating on the throne.

A loud clank and gasp echoed all throughout the room afterwards as the sword embedded itself deep into the wall just millimeters away from the Emperor's head on his right side.

Both Ruby and the armored mare had their jaws hitting the floor while both Thera and the Emperor himself looked indifferent at this display while the stallion in question was still smirking, knowing the near treachery he committed.

The Emperor moved his eyes to the right as he casually glanced at the hilt sticking out beside his before a small smile crossed his mouth.

Though, the first to react to this was Ruby Quill herself. “What the… ARE YOU BLOODY INSANE?” She shouted, which caused Thera beside her to wince a bit at the sudden volume.

“SILVER SWORD, YOU IRRESPONSIBLE STALLION COLT! YOU ALMOST KILLED OUR NEW EMPEROR! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?” Ruby shouted in a panicked tone, which forced Thera to cover up her much more sensitive ears with both hooves.

“Relax, Ruby. There was absolutely no danger of him accidentally hitting Mateus over there with the way and trajectory he threw his sword.” Thera casually explained while still rubbing her ears.

“Also could you please stop shouting? I am standing right next to you.” She quickly added which caused the mare beside her to look at her in shock at the casual reply.

She was about to reply to that, but couldn’t, as the Emperor suddenly spoke up. “Indeed, his throw was slightly off target from the beginning, so just calm down dear Ruby. As you can see, my head is still firmly attached to my neck, so there is no need to lose yourself.” He casually replied as he pulled out the sword with his magic before inspecting it.

Ruby shook her head before collapsing onto her rump with a huff. “I am surrounded by psychopaths.” She commented out loud while throwing her hooves in the air.

“You might not be all wrong, at that.” The Emperor thought to himself as he finished his observation of the blade before angling it back towards its owner and throwing it back, to everyone’s surprise, again.

The sharp blade soared through the air at incredible speeds before embedding itself deep into the floor and JUST missing the armored pony’s chest as its hilt was sticking out from right under the stallion.

Both Ruby and the captain’s companion’s jaws once again hit the floor while the captain simply looked down at the hilt, a bit surprised, before lifting his head back up to be greeting with a smirking emperor above him as he leaned himself back against his throne.

“I can now see why you have the position of captain. Both skilled and very bold at the same time. Go ahead, then. Reform the so-called Crystal Guard, as I am very aware that the city is currently undefended and vulnerable.” The Emperor announced, which was met with a smile and salute from the newly re-established captain.

“As you wish sir. I will go right away to fulfill this task. In no time there will be a whole legion of well-trained crystal guards at your disposal.” He answered before giving a quick bow once more, which again made the Emperor smile slightly.

“By the way, what is your companion’s name? I heard Ruby over here refer to you as Silver Sword. Is that true?” The Emperor questioned in which he receives a nod from the captain.

“Yes, Silver Sword is my name sire, and as to my companion’s name, to my right…” He gestured with a hoof. “…Is my second in command first lieutenant Shimmering Sapphire.” He finished which immediately caused the mare to break from her frozen state.

“I-it is an honor sire.” She nervously greeted as she bowed her head once more.

“It is a pleasure.” Mateus replied as the mare rose back up from her bow.

“Anyway.” Silver sword began as he picked up his sword with his mouth before quickly placing it back where it belonged. ”We will go act on your permission to re-establish the Crystal Guard. It should not take too long, since most of the previous guard members are still around and hiding within the city, with all of their previous gear and weapons safely stored under their homes. All I need to do is spread the news and the city will no longer be in the defenseless state that it is now.” Silver explained before receiving a nod from his emperor, a signal to go and complete his task.

With a final salute, Silver swiftly made his way back to the front portal of the throne room, followed by Sapphire. Or they would have, if the huge double doors of the throne didn’t suddenly burst open, followed by a swarm of rainbow colored fiends to attack and surround the Emperor with their superior numbers and ferocity… or perhaps they were just a healthy-looking horde of colorful talking equines entering the throne room carefully, before spotting the Emperor and all halting in their tracks halfway into the room. One half of them expressing utter surprise, while others showed obvious signs of both fear and confusion.

The Emperor once again furrowed his brow in curiosity as he stared down the mass of colorful equines assembled in the middle of the cathedral-like room.

Thera, on instinct, once again moved her hoof back towards her sword before a shake from the Emperor’s head told her not to, as he understood that such an action might relay the wrong message.

Ruby once again stood still on her spot while both Silver and Sapphire observed the scene in front of them with their own set of visible facial expressions. One indifferent, one slightly confused.

An awkward silence suddenly dominated the whole of the room as neither side moved or said anything, the mass of ponies too busy staring up at the golden maned and furred unicorn sitting on the throne, clad in golden armor and dressed in purple robes with an unnaturally long horn protruding from its forehead.

The silence might be awkward for most of the ponies in the room, but not for him, as he basically took this inactive moment to just carefully observe his ‘small’ collection of new subjects.

He thinks ‘small’ because he knew that there were WAY more of them out there if the size of the city as he observed on top of the cliff was anything to go by.

“Almost half of them seem to be wearing what looks to be fancy clothing and even accessories on the females, either rich persons or straight up nobles. Kind of surprised that it actually is the NOBLES of this place that have the courage and time to bother themselves to venture up into the Palace to witness the kingslayer themselves. Kingslayer. Note to self, find a way to work that into my title.” The Emperor thought to himself as past memories of Palamician nobles resurfaced. They were even more snobbish than he was… or still is.

His train of thought was quickly halted when he suddenly spotted a tiny figure from within the large crowd making its way to the front. An equine child, if its small size was anything to judge by.

“What the? Lilith, what are you doing? No… please come back!” The Emperor could hear a female from within the crowd whisper in a panic, an attempt which went fruitless as a needle dropping to the floor could be heard within such a large, empty and enclosed space.

“But mommy, I just want to have a much better look at the pony who freed us from that meanie, King Sombra.” The child replied innocently, a girl, judging by the nature of her voice.

“No Lilith come back! Stop!” The same mother whispered again, though received by deaf ears as the child casually made her way over him with an expression of wonder and awe on the young face.

“If you don’t want your child to come close to the kingslayer, then why did you even bring her with you?” Mateus thought to himself, as he couldn’t help but smile a bit at the overwhelming curiosity and wonder on the teal colored face of the youngster.

“Ironic how a child has the courage to confront me instead of a group of grownups.”

“Wow. You’re golden all over.” The child announced out loud in wonder as she was standing right at the foot of his throne.

“You look like as if you are made out of gold, miss.” The child quickly added with immediate results afterwards, as the Emperor paused at this, while Thera, Ruby and the two guards just stared at the filly in shock. A reaction that was registered by the group of ponies as they all started to express nervousness. One mare in particular looking on with fear.

The Emperor shook his head before his attention went back to the child below him. “I am not a ‘Miss’, young one, as my voice obviously proves.” Mateus casually replied, which was immediately followed by a collection of gasps coming from the crowd.

The filly simply tilted her head. “Really? You do look kinda like a mare to me, mister.” She replied innocently which was again accompanied by a loud collection of gasps and looks of fear and worry, mostly for the filly in front of them.

The Emperor simply smirked, an action which took everyone within the room completely by surprise. “I can assure you once more, young one, that I am in fact male through and through. A very fabulous looking male too, if i do say so myself. Whoever said that male can't be 100% masculine and look good at same time?” He answered with a small smile as he rested a hoof under his chin and supported his head with it while looking down at the small child.

The filly in question simply giggled cutely at his little show, an act of purity and innocence that even he cannot ignore.

“Lilith.” The same female voice suddenly called out as a dark green coated mare with a light green mane suddenly came rushing forward from the crowd of ponies and toward the still giggling child.

“Look, mommy. He didn’t just save us from that black meanie Sombra, but he is very nice and a little silly too.” The filly named Lilith announced to her mother as she came up and immediately held her close.

The mother looked up with a sorry look before she bowed her head respectfully. “I am so, so, so very and deeply sorry for the lack of respect of my daughter, your highness. Please, if you need to punish her, punish me instead. She is way too young and innocent to be ever sent to the mines. I beg you, please have mercy.” The green mare pleaded while looking up pleadingly to him with baby blue eyes.

This action again caused the Emperor to raise an eyebrow as he contemplated the humility-filled apology he had just received out of the blue.

“Why, by the heavens, would you ever think that I would send a child barely old enough to read and write to manual labor into a deep, cold mine? You must have me mistaken for that impertinent fool that called himself a king.” He responded casually, an answer and tone that took the mare completely by surprise as she stared up to him with wide and unbelieving eyes.

“S-so… does this mean… that you are not mad at all? Y-your highness?” She stuttered, her fear and confusion evident on her features.

“No. I have no interest in slaves or slave labor in general, and do not worry for the safety of your child. No insults were made from her, and even if there were I can very easily look past them because of her young age and overall innocence.” The Emperor replied softly with a small smile, which again took the mare in question complete by surprise.

“Children are in fact the future of any country or nation, after all, so it should be the priority of any decent leader to look after them first and foremost.” The Emperor continued on as he leaned back into his throne.

“You may take her and head back home to enjoy the rest of your day. As you can tell, I am going to be quite busy for opening eyes and mouths left and right wherever I go. So it would actually be wise to just leave ourselves to our own devices for the meantime.” He finally finished.

This finally did the trick in helping to relax the mare in front of him as she finally formed a small smile on her muzzle before bowing once more. “Thank you so much your highness, for being so kind and showing me and my daughter mercy.” She thanked him genuinely as she got up again, this time with a much more genuine smile.

The Emperor nodded before leaning forward once more with a question in mind. “What is your name then, young miss?” He question.

“My name is Harvest. Good Harvest. A simple farmer and food vendor at the city market, your majesty.” She replied happily, which the Emperor kindly accepted.

“Do not be so humble about yourself there. Food is one of the many VITAL bloodlines of any civilization. So your talent and occupation are more important than you might think.” The Emperor replied, which only made the mare in question even happier.

“Again, thank you, your highness.” She replied with another quick bow before looking over at the little filly named Lilith beside her. “Come, Lilith. Let’s just go back home.” She suggested, to which the filly happily nodded before the two made their way past the crowd and out of the throne room proper.

The Emperor quietly sighed as he leaned himself back against his throne again.

“Look who is making himself popular with the masses.” Thera suddenly teased with a smirk, which in turn got her a sideways glance from the monarch in question. And a mental image of what the commoners in his world would call ‘Flipping the bird’ at her.

Mostly because of his current lack of fingers.

Though those ideas were dashed when one of the ponies in front suddenly stepped up and cleared his throat.

“So… um....” The posh looking stallion began, no doubt a noble by the looks of it. ”You are… not going to enslave us, demand our virgins and send us all to the dungeons or mines to rot in them?” The expensively dressed stallion asked nervously. He in no doubt was speaking for basically everybody else in the room as all of the attention was immediately focused on The Emperor.

This immediately caused him to pause. “So here is it. The time to make a choice in how I should tackle this new position and chance of mine.” He thought to himself as he rubbed his chin in thought.

His thoughts immediately went back to the self-musing conversation he had since this morning regarding his approach and future actions. Regarding this inner voice that kept telling him to NOT repeat past mistakes twice (which would be obvious) and to try and approach things differently for a change, not just by his feelings, his past experience or ideas, but also for the sake of being in a brand new world and just trying to do things differently just for the heck of it.

“Loyalty can go a long way.” Was the sentence of that one doomed rebel that constantly kept repeating itself in his mind the more he thought about it and his new upcoming future.

He eventually sighed silently to himself as he finally made his decision on what to do from this point on. “I am in a new world in a new body with new almost endless possibilities and chances. I might as well take advantage of all of this and basically have a fresh start. Sure, I still crave for more power as usual, but I might as well approach it differently, since my previous methods obviously got me killed… twice.” He mentally mused as he looked over the still waiting ponies in front of him for his reply and decision for the future.

They all had a level of… innocence to them, something he just noticed now that he had a whole crowd of them to look and observe, a sight truly rare back in his old world.

Especially that young little child and her mother.

“Uhm…hello? Sire?” The stallion questioned which eventually broke the new emperor’s musing.

“No.”

“Uh… excuse me sir?” The noble tilted his head at The Emperor’s sudden and simple answer.

The Emperor leaned forward as he properly repeated himself more clearly. “What I mean is no; no I will not send any of you or anything else in this city to the mines, dungeons or another dark and lonely place. I am not interested in slavery and I am certainly not interested in just punishing individuals for no good reason. In fact, if you all accept me truly as your new emperor I will first make sure to fix all the mistakes and damages made by your previous ruler. I will make sure that this nation will glitter within the midday sun, a place you can all be proud of and live peacefully in… unless challenged from the outside.” He calmly announced to all of them as he gaze fell on every single pony present within the room.

“Oh, and you can keep your virgins to yourselves as well. Because I am not THAT type of an individual either.” He quickly added, which was overall true.

He had absolutely no interest in slavery, especially not now and with the situation he found himself in. If he wanted to rebuild his newly acquired nation and actually win the loyalty of his new, overly colorful and almost insultingly nude subjects he needed strong and dedicated peo- ponies. Not just for now but for the future as well, as his current ideas were still going to be executed until then.

At first there was nothing but silence, but soon the entire room erupted in a massive wave of cheers from all the ponies within the throne room. The Emperor actually flinched back against his throne as the ponies stomped and cheered happily at this news, some of them even shouted phrases like ‘All hail the new emperor!’ amidst of the cheering.

“Well, ok. This is new.” Mateus thought to himself as he even moved his staff a bit closer to himself in order to shield himself from the rather… positive onslaught.

“Is this what the rebel meant by genuine cheering?”

“Alright, alright. All of you settle down. This is a throne room after all, not a ballroom.” Silver shouted within the cheering mass while holding up a hoof in an attempt to calm everybody down, which sadly didn’t work as the ponies around them were still happily cheering on their new ruler.

“Will all of you ponies SHUT THE HELL UUUUUUP!!!” Thera suddenly shouted at the top of her lungs, which thankfully this time did the trick of shutting everybody up, as requested.

“Finally.” She muttered afterwards as silence quickly returned to the room which Silver took advantage of.

“Alright everypony, please leave the throne room and give the new emperor some private time, as I am sure he has a lot of work ahead of him, same with all of us.” Silver announced to everyone, which in turn caused all of them to look at him.

“I would say that the first order of business would be to spread the word of the king’s death and the concept of a new emperor having taken the throne in his place, so that a late afternoon gathering could be arranged in the main city plaza for the reveal and announcement of the new emperor.” Ruby suddenly suggested out loud before looking over at the monarch in question.

“That is, if that is ok with you, your highness?” She questioned which in turn made The Emperor rub his chin in thought.

“Sure, make it so. A local confrontation would be unavoidable at this point anyway.” The Emperor casually answered.

“Alright, then it's settled.” Ruby replied, happy that things were finally starting to move along for once.

“We can easily assist with the whole announcement and spread the word all throughout the city.” One of the nobles offered which was received with a nod from the captain.

Soon everybody slowly filed out of the throne room, with the captain and his lieutenant being the last.

“Well.” Ruby began after everybody had already left the throne room, “I think I will go and help arrange the preparation for the big assembly at the main plaza for this afternoon as well, if you don’t need anything more of me, emperor?” Ruby suggested as she looked back up at The Emperor.

“Sure go ahead. Do your task. I have to do some thinking alone anyways.” The Emperor answered.

Ruby quill nodded to that before she herself excused herself out of her emperor’s presence, leaving just him and Thera still in the room.

“So…” Thera began, receiving The Emperor's attention. “Do I have to call you emperor or your highness as well, or can I just call you by your name instead?” She questioned, tilting her head a little bit while looking up at him.

“Whatever suits your mind, to be honest, I have more important things to worry about anyway.” He casually answered while twirling his staff a bit within his hooves.

“Like coming to the final realization that I am technically now the emperor of a nation full of candy-colored talking equines…who are mostly naked as well.”

………………………………………………………………………………………

“Alright everypony, let's pack our stuff and move out.” Shining Armor announced as he stamped the last flickering embers of their campfire out with his hooves.

Both the two guards groaned as they slowly got up from their blankets, even Cadence as she groggily opened her eyes. It was evident that she really didn’t get much sleep last night, judging by the bloodshot eyes she sported. Probably had something to do with the fact that they found a pile of badly charred bodies deep within the cave the other night, Diamond dogs, if the vaguely recognizable shapes were anything to go by, a sight that immediately left Cadence panicked and paranoid for the rest of the evening and the two guards vigilant for anything that might have caused the death of these dogs.

A reaction which was understandable, given the discovered... freshness of the burned corpses.

Shining, on the other hoof, had a pretty decent night. He had to, as he was going to lead them further into the frozen wastes that still awaited them outside their natural sanctuary.

“That and the other dangers that lurked around the tundra that surrounds the crystal city.” He thought to himself as he kneeled down to help his wife up to all fours.

“Hey Cadie. How do you feel?” He asked in concern, though the answer was already obvious from just looking at her.

“Didn’t sleep much, back feels sore too. But I understand that we’ve got to move on if we want to make it in time.” Cadence replied weekly.

Shining nodded before nuzzling Cadence gently. “You can lean yourself against me for the whole day, if you want.” He offered kindly, an offer which was quickly denied by Cadence as she shook her head.

“Thank you Shining but that would just generally slow us down even further. Not to mention a burden to you.” She replied.

Shining was about to comment on the last sentence when Cadence stopped him with a small smile.

“Don’t worry about me, Shining. I will be fine. I promise.” She reassured him before gently looking back towards the still-untouched corpses on the other side of the cave and quickly looking back with a bit of a shudder. “Besides, I am more concerned for the Crystal Ponies than I am for myself. This is what will give me strength to push on regardless of what will stand in our way.” She replied with surprising confidence and determination behind her words.

Shining also smiled afterwards, feeling proud in just how strong his darling had become over the years, especially after the whole wedding disaster just a few months back.

With everything packed up and secured, the group of four made their way out of the natural shelter and back out into the harshness that was the frozen north.

“Wait a minute, Shining.” Cadance suddenly called out after a while as they moved out. “The Crystal Empire is in that direction. Why are we heading off at the wrong direction, following the mountain?” She questioned which caused the rest of the group to stop and look at her.

“We are following the mountain trail because it is safer.” Shining simply explained which only confused Cadance.

“Safer, how? Aren’t we trying to reach the crystal city as quickly as possible? If we go right through the snow fields we will be at the Empire before nightfall.” Cadance argued.

Shining was about to reply when one of the two guards suddenly stepped up. “If you allow me princess, we can’t go through the snow fields because reports stated that these lands are actually infested with creatures simply known as Snow Worms.” The guard explained to her before Shining once again stepped in.

“He is right. Going straight for the Empire by crossing through the open plains would be way too dangerous to even attempt.” Shining explained while looking out on the almost endless looking white fields that were in front of him. “Especially if these creatures are reported to be pretty much identical to their Badland counterparts.” He finished his explanation as he looked back at the pink alicorn.

Cadence dropped her head, as a sense of discouragement itched through her features. “But… but that would just mean more delays on our part? Again, who knows what Sombra might be doing to the poor Crystal Ponies?” She quietly argued, knowing that this forced detour would probably take them an extra 2 days before finally reaching their destination.

Shining went back, placed a hoof on Cadence’s shoulder as she looked up at him, an expression of understanding on his face. “I know, Cadence, but as I have said already, how are we going to help the Crystal Ponies if we die before even reaching them?” He explained.

Cadence eventually nodded. “I understand. let’s just keep going then, and hope that there is still time, or even an empire left for us to save when we get there.” She said, which again was accompanied by a nod from her white coated husband.

“Alright, for the sake of safety we will be travelling along the mountain trail on our right, which will round us up directly to the crystal empire from the west side, if any of the old maps given to us is anything to go by.” Shining announced out loud before once again taking the lead.

Both of the guards and Cadence quickly followed as they quickly disappeared within the reflective glare of the crystal white snow surrounding them.

Author's Note:

Another chapter done. Hope you guys liked it.

Character concepts of both Captain Silver Sword.

And Shimmering Sapphire. (Yes i change her name from gleaming to shimmering)