• Published 9th Oct 2016
  • 513 Views, 18 Comments

Dear Future Me - Moonlit Path



The diary of Twilight Sparkle

  • ...
2
 18
 513

Nightmare of a Time

Dear Future Me,

I don't know how to describe the last two days, except very chaotic. First the Princess sent me to Ponyville to oversee the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. Shortly after arriving there, I met the ponies who would turn out to be my best friends. I will admit that our first introduction had been less than ideal - and a little painful- but I managed to make a valid hypothesis about the town of Ponyville.

ALL THE PONIES IN THIS TOWN ARE CRAZY!

That said, I guess that's why they're so lovable. Anyways, during the celebration an old prophecy had come true. Can it truly be called a prophecy? Just for the fun of it, I'm going to say yes. Nightmare Moon had returned, and tried to force Equestria into eternal darkness. After I left to go and try to find the elements, these complete strangers insisted on joining me. I eventually surrendered, and let them come of course. You never know what you'll encounter in the Everfree Forest. As proven by the sea serpent, land slides, and manticores.

After reaching the old castle, we managed to find the Elements of Harmony and defeat Nightmare Moon. I felt like a superhero in one of Spike's comic books. Afterwards the Princess showed up. I'm still not sure where she had been. She explained that Nightmare Moon is really her younger sister Luna. After an emotional reunion, and a brief overview of the Elements, we resumed the Summer Sun Celebration.

At the end, I was amazed at myself. When it was time to go back to Canterlot, I didn't want to go. So the Princess told me to stay in Ponyville, so I can study friendship. Wish me luck...I have a feeling I'm going to need it.

The lesson I learned from all of this is that it's perfectly alright to trust complete strangers. As long as you're able to use them to force a jealous younger sister to act the way you want.

T.S

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoy this. As always, if you notice any errors please let me know.