• Published 4th Oct 2016
  • 2,671 Views, 32 Comments

Through the Portal - Crazy the Clone



Characters fall/are thrown/trip/jump/etc. through the mirror portal, and they end up doing things.

  • ...
0
 32
 2,671

Flash Faceplants the Floor of Friendship

Twilight just stared at the sight before her. It was indeed Flash Sentry. She’d recognize that blue mane and orange coat anywhere. And since Cadence had decided tease her by sending her those pictures of Flash without his armor, Twilight recognized his cutie mark as well. Not to mention she was fairly certain that the muffled groan coming from the pony in front of her sounded a lot like him. Twilight had little to no doubt that this colt was who she thought he was. So, the question wasn’t “Who is he?” it was “Why is he here?”

She knew that her doors and windows were usually open when she was there. She knew that anypony would be able to enter and exit the castle at will while she was there. It was no secret that Twilight was happy to say hello and enter a conversation with anypony that caught her while she wasn't doing anything. Unfortunately, there were several reasons she believed that Flash wouldn't show up just for her. Firstly, Flash doesn't live in or anywhere near Ponyville. Secondly, she and him barely know each other, so he probably wouldn't show up to say hi. Lastly, If he was actually sent to deliver an urgent message from the Crystal Empire, then Cadence would have probably sent more than just him.

As Twilight approached Flash to help him up and get some answers, the pegasus pushed himself up. She watched as he shook his head, and begun looking around. He looked around with a bewildered and curious expression, which was strange, since Twilight thought he would have been used to seeing crystal walls by now. She attempted to step closer, trying to ask if he was okay, but for some reason her words were caught up in her throat, and her cheeks began heating up. The only thing she could awkwardly utter was,

“Uh…Hi, Flash.”

The pegasus turned his head toward twilight, and immediately upon seeing the alicorn Princess, his head flinched back, and an expression of surprise spread across his face. He took a moment to just stare at her, which made Twilight's cheeks heat up even more, and her thoughts were jumbled even more. She didn't know what it was about Flash this time around, but for some reason she just couldn't figure out what to say to him. For the life of her, Twilight just didn't know why she was feeling this way...until the next few moments played out in front of her.

Flash began laughing. A small, quiet chuckle at first, but it quickly grew into something more. It wasn't a crazy laugh, nor a light-hearted one, but rather a pitiful-sounding laugh. The type of laughter usually used by a self-pitying individual, after realizing that they had been the cause of their own misfortune. Rather than say anything in response, Twilight simply stood in place, observing.

When Flash finished his moment of laughter, he looked down at the ground, and spoke to himself.

"Great job getting over her, Flash. Even in your craziest dreams she still shows up."

Flash looked back up at Twilight.

"Still, I wonder if this is how she looks in her world?...Huh. She still looks cute."

Flash attempted to get up, but instead of simply standing on all fours, he tried to stand on his hind legs. Of course, he had some trouble, and ended up catching himself before his face hit the floor again.

Truth be told, Twilight figured it out the moment he talked about her being in a different world. The problem was that she was frozen in place at the thought of the human Flash Sentry going through the portal. Several thoughts were rushing through her mind. Thoughts such as "How did he get through the mirror? The book's not even powering it!" and "That explains why I'm blushing so much" for example.

Twilight could've taken a minute to sort through and organize all her thoughts, but at the moment, she mustered much of her willpower to focus on addressing and fixing the problem. First things first, she needed to talk to Flash and find out how and/or why he was in Equestria. So, she cleared her throat, and approached Flash, who was currently trying flap his wings in an attempt to fly, only to fail, land on his face, and get up to try again and again. He stopped when he noticed Twilight come closer.

"Alright. I'm going to need you to tell me what you can remember before you found yourself here."

It was difficult for the Princess to keep a steady voice, but this was important. She had to know as much as she could about the events that may have led him through the mirror. Flash, still thinking that he was still dreaming, had decided to roll with it, and responded to the best of his memory.

Apparently, he was walking around holding a picture of himself and Twilight at the Fall Formal, and that he was trying to get over her like Sunset advised. He stopped to talk with Applejack and Pinkie, when all of a sudden, AJ looked annoyed, and just picked him up with her super strength, and threw him. Next thing Flash knew, he's in the dream world.

Twilight was surprised that Applejack would take such an unnecessarily rough action for what seemed to be little to no reason, but at the moment, that didn't matter. What mattered was getting Flash back home, and he was less likely to go back through the portal if he kept thinking that he was in a dream. So she had to convince him that he was wide awake, and in other world (not entirely difficult, since her human self went crazy), or otherwise render him unconscious and ask Sunset to pick him up. She hoped things wouldn't come to that last part.

"Okay, Flash. I hate to disappoint you, but you're not dreaming."

Flash just laughed at that. He thought the dream was getting a bit too ridiculous for his taste, and attempted to wake himself up. The long moment of silence that followed this attempt ensured that he realized that Twilight's words were completely and utterly true. Flash stared at Twilight for a moment, and asked,

"This is all real?"

Twilight nodded in response. Flash took another moment to let it all sink in, then spoke again.

"...I just made myself look like an idiot, didn't I?"

Twilight giggled before nodding in response. Flash blushed when he realized he probably looked like a dork.

"So...You still have that picture, huh?"

Twilight honestly thought Flash didn't care much for her after the whole Siren incident happened. They never really got a chance to talk before she went back through the mirror portal, and Sunset never said anything about him asking about her...not to mention that she assumed her human counterpart would be into him just like she was. Some part of her was relieved that he still had feelings for her, and not the other Twilight. Another part of her felt as if she didn't have the time to actually address their current relationship. The latter was the more dominant of the two.

She walked up to the mirror portal, and put her hoof to its surface. What was supposed to be glass reacted to her touch as if it were still water. The portal was indeed open, but how and why? Twilight didn't know. She'd have to investigate it later, but for now, Flash needed to return. He walked up beside her, and had an uncertain look on his face.

"Don't worry, Flash. It's completely safe to go through."

Flash nodded in response, and prepared himself to go through. Before he did, though, there was just one thing that he needed to say.

"Hey, uh, Twilight? Do you think we could...you know...hang out sometime? You know, just to talk?"

Twilight was caught off-guard with that question. She had been doing an okay job keeping herself together thus far, but now that he was asking her to what seemed to be, in her mind, a date, she lost control of her words, and responded by saying,

"Y-Yes! Of course!"

"Uh, cool! Where should we-Woah!"

Now panicking that she had accepted his date request, Twilight picked him up with her magic, and threw him through the mirror portal, back into the Human world. A moment passed in silence. Then another. And another, until finally Twilight found a moment to calm herself down. She took some time to inspect the

Dear Sunset Shimmer,

I know I haven’t written in a while, but I’ve been busy! My duties as Princess of Friendship finally caught up with me, so I’ve been spending the last few months traveling beyond the borders of Equestria and teaching Starlight Glimmer about the magic of Friendship. I’d ask how things have been going in the human world since my last visit, but this is actually somewhat important, so I’ll just get to the point.

I think that there is something wrong with the mirror. Flash Sentry (the one from the human world) was apparently thrown through it, despite the fact that it was not powered on by my book when he went through. Unless thirty moons have passed by without my realizing it, this might be a problem. I already sent him back through, but I'm going to need your help for this.

Your Friend,

Twilight Sparkle

P.S. Can you apologize to Flash for me? I may have sent him flying through the portal.

Meanwhile, in the Human World

Sunset was busy trying to understand Applejack's side of the story. The farm girl was slightly embarrassed to say anything, but knew trying to make any other excuse would just delay the inevitable.

"I'm sorry, it's just that the portal was open, and he just looked so depressed, and...I dunno, it just bothered me that he didn't just go see her in person!"

"So you THREW him?"

"That wasn't me! I don't know how to control my magic! It just happened!"

Sunset just pinched her forehead. She was glad that her friends embraced the magic, but she really needed to start teaching them how to control it better. Maybe she'd even try to figure out if their magic was affecting their actions, as no one in their right mind would go and do what Applejack did.

After a moment, Sunset reached into her bag, and grabbed her magic book. She was about to start writing to Twilight, when suddenly the book started vibrating. Words started appearing on the blank spots of the page. After reading what Princess Twilight had to say, her attention immediately went to the portal, which began to quiver before launching Flash out of it.

The poor boy landed on his face.

Author's Note:

Huh...You know on further inspection, I feel like this didn't seem quite as good as I thought it'd turn out. What do you guys think? Should I plan to rewrite it? Feedback, (actual) advice, and comments are always appreciated and welcome.