• Published 2nd Oct 2016
  • 1,189 Views, 2 Comments

Equestria Wars: The Magic Unleashed IV - sonicdash123



The human versions of Charming Thunder and his friends of Canterlot High are now on a field trip to Camp Everfree.

  • ...
15
 2
 1,189

Chapter 9: The Truth

Sunset and Charming Thunder were following Timber as he walked into the woods. Then, he went down another path and they tried to follow but they couldn't. Suddenly, they hear another rumble and Charming Thunder saw felt a tug to go somewhere, obvious that the force was trying to guide him. Sunset followed him and the two came across a cave and see magic emitting from inside. "Ah, shoot!" Sunset said. "He's definitely up to something!" Charming Thunder didn't say anything but watched as Sunset pulled out her phone.

---------------------

Twilight was reading when she heard her phone going off and grabbed it to look at what it was. "It's Sunset," Twilight stated as she looked at the message "She says to meet her by the rock quarry."

"I thought we weren't supposed to hike out that far," Spike said.

"She says it's important!!" Twilight got up, along with Spike, and were heading to the forest, her direction towards the rock quarry. That is when Twilight noticed a glow of lavender in the sky nearby. "What is that?" She ran into a web and shrieked, but was cut off when Sunset covered her mouth and Charming Thunder removed the web. Sunset removed her hand and grabbed Twilight's hand and all three went behind trees and see a lavender light emitting from behind two giant boulders. "What's going on down there?"

"I think it's Gaia Everfree," Sunset said. "Or rather, someone who wants us to think she's back. C'mon!" Sunset, Charming, Twilight, and Spike got up and went into the cave. But when they got inside, they see all sort of crystals and more. It was a very beautiful sight.

"This is a peaceful place."

"There's Equestrian magic here," Charming Thunder said as he felt a presence. "I can...I can feel it."

Wait," Spike stated. "I thought Timber was just faking there was a magical nature creature. Are you saying it's real?"

"Timber?" Twilight asked. "What does he have to do with any of this?"

"Nothing," a familiar voice replied from the darkness and all three looked, seeing Gloriosa with a maniac grin and one of her eyes twitching madly "It's all me."

"Ha!" Charming Thunder shouted and looked at Sunset "I told you it was Gloriosa!"

"Gloriosa?" Sunset asked. "But... Timber. I was sure he was the one trying to make it seem like Gaea Everfree was back. It was you who was trying to scare everyone away?"

"I would never try to scare anyone away from Camp Everfree," Gloriosa said. Sunset grabbed Gloriossa and entered her mind as Charming followed with the force.

---------------------

"My, oh, my," Filthy Rich said. "You fell behind on your payments, Gloriosa. I own the land now." Filthy teased with a grin.

"Please," Gloriosa replied in a begging tone. "My great grandparents founded this place. It's been in our family for generations! You have to let the camp stay!"

"Instead of turning it into a spa resort that will line my pockets with more money than this camp ever could?" Filthy chuckled in sick pleasure. "I don't think so." They heard the door open and sees Mephiles Dark; Danny's father, walk into the room.

"Now, now, Mr. Rich," Mephiles said. Mephiles had a dark tone that sent shivers down Sunset and Charming's spines "We should at least hear the girl out."

"Why should I?"

"Remember what I can do to you and your family, Mr. Rich! Let me remind you that I can bankrupt you, blackmail you, and can send you to jail for life." The threat made Filthy gulp in nervousness. "All of your fortune would be transferred to me. You will lose everything!"

"Please!" Gloriosa begged. "I-I-I-I just need a little more time!"

"Fine," Flithy said. "I'll give you 'til the end of the month." Filthy turned and left the room. Mephiles looked at the man leave before looking at Gloriosa, who started crying.

"What'll I do?" Mephiles watched as Gloriosa cried in misery before looking sympathy and walked in front of her.

"Perhaps I can help, in a way," Mephiles said. "I fund a school known as Canterlot High. I can send a word to my best friends; Celestia and Luna, to do a fund raiser and do a camping trip here. It would buy you more time. And I can send my son, Danny Eclipse, here to enjoy some time here. Never did like Mr. Rich. If my son, Danny Eclipse, sends me a word to me saying that he loves this place, me and my wife, Mana Dark, will fund this camp to keep going." Gloriosa sniffed in her tears and smiled.

"Thank you, Mr. Dark."

"It is no problem, Ms. Daisy." Mephiles turns around and leaves Gloriosa alone.

---------------------

The scene changes with Gloriosa looking at a pond before hearing something. Gloriosa looks and see a lavender spirit in the sky and she followed it to the rock quarry, where it went behind the giant boulders and landed somewhere inside. It caused a rumble. Gloriosa barely fit through and went in between the two boulders and fell into a cave, landing on the floor and coughed. That is when she noticed the beauty within the cave "Wow!" Then Gloriosa heard noise and looked, seeing two pedestals. On the left side, there were 8 shards. There were orange, yellow, pink, white, lavender, cyan, red, and yellow and red. On the right, there was eight shards as well. There were tan, bluish-green and red, blood red, bright pink, dark purple, green, red and blue, and black and purple. She tried to grab them but gasped when she felt it pulse and send her backwards. But she was caught and looked at her hand, seeing she had grabbed most of the shards from the left pedestal. The five she had on hand began to float and spin. She looked at the right pedestal and went to it. But the moment she touched it, the black and purple went off and shocked her. She pulled away and then noticed something. Below the right pedestal was a purple alien symbol that matched the medallion that Danny had. And the symbol below the left pedestal was a red alien symbol that matched Charming Thunder's medallion symbol. Gloriosa began to leave the cave.

---------------------

The scene changed again to show Timber and Gloriosa talking. "You don't know what those things are!" Timber reasoned.

"But I know what they can do!" Gloriosa reassured. "I've been practicing! I can control their power now!" Gloriosa proved that by having vines extend from her plants and grab some of her equipment. Timber had a look of worry.

"You don't know that for sure!" Timber turned to leave and before he was out the door, Gloriosa grabbed his arm.

"This is our camp, and it's being taken away! If this has to be our last week here, I'm going to use whatever it takes to make it count!" When Gloriosa finished that sentence, the shards glowed and Gloriosa's eyes turned white.

---------------------

The scene changed once again to see Gloriosa is looking from afar, in the forest and sees the boat in the middle of the lake. Derpy tried to blow at the sail to make it go but it wouldn't work. Gloriosa felt sad and held a hand to her chest and another at the boat. Two twin vines came out of the water behind the boat and gave it a push, but it sent the boat crashing into the dock, making Gloriosa even more sad. However, it was short lived when she heard something and turns to look, seeing Darth Nox looking at her."You made the mistake of attack those sailors," Nox's filtered voice said with seriousness. Gloriossa began to back away.

"P-Please!" Gloriosa begged. "I didn't mean to do that!"

"You could have killed somebody! I'll make you pay for doing that." The conversation was interrupted when they see the armored Charming Thunder interfering and the two fight and clash before Charming Thunder was sent launching while Nox chased after him. Gloriosa got up and run away.

--------------------

The next scene shows Trixie and some other person walking to a empty river with fishing poles. But they were shocked and disappointed when they see no river. Gloriosa came around a tree and looked afar and sees giant boulders together and used her magic to push the boulders away and that is when the river was filled, making Trixie and that guy happy and Gloriosa smiling. But it was short lived when she notices a shadow nearby and nearly screamed when seeing the glowing red eyes of Darth Nox. She did, however, run for her life.

--------------------

The next scene revealed Timber and Gloriosa again in an argument. "You were using magic all over the place!" Timber said. "I had to tell them something to cover for you! What did you want me to do?!"

"I just wish you didn't tell them that ridiculous story!" Gloriossa replied.

"Ah, this is all too much for you! You have to let it go!" Gloriossa began to storm off.

--------------------

Sunset released Gloriossa as the visions ended. "Timber wasn't talking about letting go of the camp," Sunset said. "He was talking about you letting go of the magical geodes! All those things you were doing to make this week the best week ever. Every time you used magic to do them, you caused another problem somewhere else! Timber was...covering for you!"

"How do you know what I was doing with the geodes?" Gloriossa asked. "How do you know about the magic?"

"I can see things," Sunset said. "Feel things. Because I have magic, too. And so does she. And so do our friends."

"Gloriosa, Timber wasn't wrong," Twilight added. "Maybe you should stop using magic. Too much of it can be dangerous if you can't control it."

"Oh, I got this," Gloriosa replied in a maniacal look. "And I'm going to use it to save my camp. I just need more power!"

"No!" Twilight, Sunset, and Charming Thunder shouted. Gloriosa grabbed last three geodes with one hand and aimed another hand at them. Vines came from the ground and grabbed Twilight, Sunset, and Spike, but missed Charming Thunder as he jumped back and his medallion revealed itself. Unknown to Charming Thunder, his medallion was glowing red and his eye color was now blue. Charming Thunder went into the darkness and hid inside. Gloriosa didn't bother to go after and let the transformation happen to her. When the transformation ended, Gloriosa was floating in the air and wore a green dress with some leaves and flowers on her. Her hair was dark green and her whiteness was black while her pupil color was pure green. She was surrounded by a green glow.

"Sorry, girls. I know what I need to do. But I feel like we're not on the same page. So..."

"Gloriosa!!" Sunset shouted. The super Gloriosa, Gaia Everfree, began to head out but was stopped when Charming Thunder tried to strike at her but she blocked it with vines to grab him. He tried to cut the vines but there were too many and he was tangled and was struggling to escape. Gaia grinned and went out of the cave and used her vines to block the entrance but not enough to block their air supply.

"No!!" Twilight, Sunset, and Charming shouted. Gaia smirked before turning and began to head to Camp Everfree. However, she never noticed a pair of blood red eyes in the shadows and Darth Nox came out. He looked at her before looking at the boulders.

"Let's see you get out of this one, kid," Nox said as he looked at the boulders. "I want to know how strong you are in the force."