• Published 25th Jan 2017
  • 3,734 Views, 547 Comments

The Mysteries of Love - MysteriousStranger



Trixie has had feelings for a certain generous girl for some time, and she's tired of them. Will she be able to throw her pride away and talk to her crush?

  • ...
12
 547
 3,734

The Mini Energetic Rarity

Trixie's P.O.V.

"She wants to what?!" Rarity and I were speaking through the phone. I was laying on my bed, but I sat after I heard what Rarity said.

"She wants to meet you, Trixie. I tried to decline, but she wouldn't give up. You don't know how she can be when she wants something. I don't know what to do. I told her I would ask you, but you will say no and she will keep asking me to ask you again..."

I laid my back on my bed again and put my hand on my forehead. "Give me a second." I closed my eyes to think. I was glad that Rarity's sister agreed to keep the secret, but now she's putting me in an awkward situation. I have to think on something fast. I can't have my crush waiting forever on the phone. Suddenly, my brother knocked on my door. I put a hand on my phone's speaker before speaking. "Come in!"

Clementine opened the door and remained there. "I'm just checking if everything's alright. I heard you yelling."

"Oh, I'm so glad you came! I need your help."

"Sure. What do you need?" my brother walked in after closing the door.

"Rarity's sister and her friends saw me and Rarity today, and now, she wants to meet me. I don't know what to do."

"You could agree to meet her."

"But what if I'm not nice to her? Rarity and her sister are very close. If I offend her, then Rarity won't speak to me ever again."

"If they're close, then you should definetly meet her."

"Why?"

Clementine sat on my bed before speaking again. I sat closer to him and he placed an arm around my shoulder. "Being in good terms with your crush's sibling is crucial if you want to start a relationship with the right foot. I'm sure Rarity is hoping that you accept. If you pull this off, you'll be one step closer to gain her affection."

What my brother said made sense. Of course. He's wise. He always had a plan. I'm so happy to have him in my life. Maybe I can do it. I should at least give it a try. "You're right. I may be able to handle it." Clementine smiled and remained by my side as I took my phone to my ear again. "Are you still there?"

"Yes, I'm still here."

I took a deep breath and spoke again while I stared at my brother. "Ask your sister... when does she want to meet me."

"What?" Was Rarity surprised that I agreed? "Trixie?" she was. I can't really blame her. I was surprised as well, but trying to gain her love made me try all kind of crazy things.

"Ask her when does she want to meet me and I'll go. I can give it a shot, but only if she's the only one there besides you. I don't want a crowd."

"S-Sure. Let me ask her. I'll be right back."

I heard when Rarity put her phone on something solid and her footsteps fading away. Meanwhile, I smiled at Clementine. "Thank you, Clem. I can take it from here." he rubbed his hand on my head and walked towards the door. I chuckled and waved at him before he left my room. I was alone with my thoughts until Rarity returned. It will soon be three months. Three months since I got a crush on her. It didn't fade away as I hoped at first. It grew stronger to the point I had to accept my new feelings. After admiring her from afar for two months, I could finally talk to her. Getting to know her better made my crush grow to the point I can safely say that I was in love. Just thinking about it makes my cheeks turn red and my heart pound like crazy. I was going mad. Whenever we were together, I felt that anything was possible. I wasn't certain if she was the one or not, but I definitely wanted to try it. She was the perfect candidate to give love a second chance.

"Hello?" I had to be patient, though. It was still too soon to think on a way of confessing my feelings. "Trixie, are you there?"

"Uh, huh? Oh, Rarity, I'm sorry, I was..."

"Spacing out again, darling? You sure do it often." She giggled, which granted me an automatic smile. Then again, I always smiled whenever I heard her. "Sweetie Belle is excited to meet you this Saturday. I told her about your volleyball match and she insisted on coming along. Is that okay?"

"Yes, it is. It will be nice to have both of you cheering for me."

"Right. She also hopes you will come home with us to talk to you. Is that... too much?"

"Well, umm... no, not at all. I haven't been in your place, yet, so, it's a good idea." I barely believed myself. I agreed to Sweetie Belle's request in a heartbeat. Then again, I didn't see why the idea would bother me. Sweetie Belle has seen me with Rarity already. I'm sure their parents will be gentle people, after all, they raised a wonderful girl. My only problem would be if Rarity and Sweetie Belle's parents ask too much about my family. I wouldn't know what to say. I wished to tell Rarity first, in private. I had to hope for the best.

"Thank you, Trixie. This means so much to my sister, and to me. I know she will adore you."

I chuckled. "Trixie can be a charm."

"She can, she completely can. Now, I'm afraid I have to hang up. I really need to change before I go mad."

"You haven't changed, yet? You must be screaming on the inside." Rarity laughed at my comment.

"You have no idea. I'll see you tomorrow in school, Trixie."

"Likewise. I will win this match and show my team just what an amazing player I am."

"I believe your ego is making its appearance, again."

"Oh, sorry, I didn't..."

"No, no, it's okay. I don't find it annoying anymore. It's cute, actually." I blushed madly at her comment. C-cute? I was not prepared for this. I found myself unable to speak another word. "Bye, Trixie. Say hello to your brother for me, okay?" She hang up, but I didn't. I could still hear her voice saying 'cute'. Rarity, you're killing me! It took me various minutes to recover from my daze. The sound of my cell phone battery running out woke me up. Cute... she thought something I do is cute. No matter if we win or lose the match. My week has been made.


Saturday Morning

As soon as my phone alarm set off, I jumped out of bed. Literally. I headed to the bathroom and had a quick shower. After cleaning myself, I changed into my volleyball uniform, including the gymnastics pants. The captain wanted me to be her secret weapon, which meant that I'll be on the bench until she decided to let everyone know her new star player.

I must say, Hazelnut expected a lot from me. She had seen me play twice. But the feeling of being considered one of the best is too much to resist. I just let her to speak highly of me.

Rarity used to hate my ego. Now, she finds it cute as long as I don't go over the top. so I was definitely keeping it controlled. I took my hand to my heart, closed my eyes and smiled. Rarity. She was the reason to smile every day. She lifts my mood whenever I'm down. Thanks to her, I'm truly happy again. If only she felt the same way about me... I couldn't imagine how would I feel when and if I ever date her. I think my heart would explode. I opened my eyes again and walked out my room. My brother was waiting for me in the kitchen, with breakfast made.

"Good morning, sis. You will need to eat properly for today's game. You'll need all your strength."

"Thank you." I started to eat as soon as I sat. "I could barely sleep last night."

"Because of the match?"

"Partly." I took another bite and swallowed after chewing. "Rarity..." I blushed. I haven't talked with my brother about my advances on Rarity for a while. "She called me cute..."

"Really?" He moved his plate aside and put his arms on the table. "She called you cute... directly?"

"N-Not exactly. She thinks the way I speak highly of myself is cute. You know what I mean?"

"Third person, yes. I can imagine why you had a hard time sleeping lately. Be careful, don't abuse of this... 'power'."

I giggled. "I know, I know. It will lose its charm if I overuse it." I sighed happily but I then got worried. "Clementine, the feelings are getting stronger. I'm madly in love. I want to tell her, but at the same time, I'm afraid of doing so. She's obviously straight. The more time I wait, the more likely I will explode one day and reveal my feelings by accident. What do I do?!" I put my hands on my forehead, with my elbows on the table. "I'm meeting her sister today, and I don't want to blow this up."

"It's a big step on the right direction, Trix. As I told you, sisters have a strong bond. Be nice with her sister and Rarity will like you more, so when the time you get enough courage to tell her how you feel, she will still wish to remain friends with you if she doesn't feels the same way."

My heart sank. Rarity rejecting my feelings was a big possibility. I just hoped I could take the rejection properly. "I-I know..."

"Hey..." My brother put a hand on mine. "I know. Rejections are not a nice feeling."

"You were rejected twice before meeting Rosemary. You were a mess. I don't want to be as miserable as you."

"That's so kind of you to say." Clementine joked and I smiled. I love him. "Being rejected isn't the end of the world. If it isn't meant to be, it isn't meant to be."

"But I know for a fact that I will be devastated if she rejects my feelings."

"I will be there for you. Always." After we finished our breakfast, I stood up and my brother hugged me. "You're strong, sis. You can go through anything."

"Thank you... now, can we please change the subject? I won't play well if I'm depressed."

"Oh, sure. Of course." We walked out our home and Clementine headed to the car. My guts twisted and I backed away.

"C-Can we please walk...?"

"Trixie, you know I'm a good driver. I won't..."

"C-Clementine, please. You know how terrified I am of those things. I barely can stand seeing you driving it. I won't get in one of those. You can't make me."

"Trixie, I..."

"I said NO!" I yelled from the top of my lungs. Clementine got startled. I panted of both anxiety and anger. When I raised my voice, Clementine dropped the keys. He wasn't expecting I would react like this.

"Fine..." He picked up his keys and put them in his pocket. "We'll walk."

We walked in silence for most of the way towards the stadium. I opened my mouth when we were a block away.

"I'm sorry..."

"Hmm...?" My brother looked at me, no expression whatsoever.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice."

"It's okay, Trixie. I shouldn't have tried to get you in the car all of the sudden. I just wish you lost your phobia on cars. You ride the bus just fine."

"It's... different. I can't be in a car, Clementine. I lost two people I loved because of them." It was the first time I mentioned our parents for a while. I... I hate talking about this subject. Whenever I do, I think of them, and, and... I sniffed and rubbed an eye with a hand to quickly dispose of tears.

"They were my parents too, Trixie." Please, Clementine, no more talk about this! I don't want to cry. I refuse to cry! "You know, you could at least..." He couldn't finish his sentence. I knew what was he going to say anyway. He's always trying to get me in our parent's bedroom to visit them. I haven't been in there since our parents were alive. My heart wouldn't resist seeing their... urns. I felt very thankful when a familiar voice interrupted us when we turned around the corner.

"There they are!" We looked towards the direction Rarity's voice to find her and her sister. However, I stopped dead in my tracks and my jaw dropped upon seeing the girl I'm high over heels. She was dressed differently. Her outfit consisted on a white t-shirt, dark blue jean shorts and sandals that matched with the general outfit. She looked astonishing and, oh my gosh, I can't take it... she's so gorgeous! I want to hug her, to hold her between my arms and never let her go. As I was lost in Rarity's beauty, she and her sister came closer to us. "Trixie, Clementine. Good morning. I trust you're ready for today's match."

"Uuuh... Y-Yes! ma'am! I have made sure of sleeping properly to eat a nutritious brekfast. Breakfest. Breakfast!" I'm hopeless...

"Are you okay, darling? You seem... distracted." Rarity got closer to me to examine me. If it weren't for the noises of the town, she would have been able to hear my heartbeat.

"She's nervous about today, but she won't admit it. She can be stubborn." My brother saved me after figuring out what was going on. I owe you one Clem!

"I see." Rarity smiled at me. "You know what you are capable of, Trixie. Once you step in the court, you'll focus and forget all about the crowd." She's right. I'm in the zone when I play. I don't notice the crowd. I'll only see her, my brother, and...

"Hi!" Her sister. "Trixie, right? I'm Sweetie Belle. Rarity's joy." The child reached a hand at me. I looked at it. I did not know what to do. In the end, I just waved weakly at her.

"A pleasure, Sweetie Belle." I tried to smile, but I was not good at it when meeting new people. Sweetie Belle was dissapointed that I didn't shake her hand. I could see it in her face when she lowered it.

"My joy sometimes, a headache others. I love her regardless." Rarity said as she put a hand around her sister's shoulder, pulling her closer. Sweetie Belle giggled and laid her head on Rarity. There was no doubt they were very close. I must get along with her in order to get closer to her sister, just like Clementine said.

"I can't wait to see you play. My sis says you're very good."

"Very good? I'm the best!" I placed a hand to my chest as I closed my eyes. "No ball will hit the floor as long as Trixie can prevent it." Both sisters laughed. So far, so good.

"Just remember, you can't be everywhere. You have a team." Clementine joined the conversation.

"I'm well aware of that, dear brother of mine. With my assistance, we will definetly win."

"Alright, that's enough, lady." My brother said as he took my wrist, dragging me inside the stadium. "Let's go inside before her ego grows her head."

"Good idea." Rarity said before glancing at her sister. "That's her brother, Clementine."

"They really look alike!" Sweetie Belle and Rarity followed us inside. My brother released me before he headed towards the seats, alongside my crush and her sister. A big smile took over my face as I walked towards the dressing room.

"Trixie! Good, we're all here." Captain Hazelnut greeted me before clasping her hands together. "Our rivals, The Valkyries, are already warming up, so I'll make this quick." I removed my pants as the captain spoke. I didn't realize that our rivals were on the court already since I didn't glance at it on the way in. "Don't be scared by the fact that they were second in last year's tournament. A lot can happen in a year." captain Hazelnut paced in front of us, with her hands on her back. "We can beat them. Our rivals might be strong, but they have one weakness." Hazelnut clasped a fist into the palm of her other hand. "Confidence. They think they will reach the finals again. But they have one big obstacle that won't let them reach that far. It's the Phoenix Wings! I trust each one of you will play with everything you have." The brown haired girl paced again, but this time pointing a finger at each of us. "I have chosen each of you because of your potential, not because of pity. Don't forget that winning means a place in quarters. I want that place. We're here to win. We will win! Am I right?!"

"Yes, captain!" Everyone but me exclaimed at a unison. Were these speeches common? She really takes this game seriously.

"Good! Now, let's get out there and win this thing!" The captain and many of my teammates left the dressing room. I could hear cheering when they walked out, but I stayed behind for now, alongside a girl with blue hair. I combed my hair into a ponytail before talking to her.

"Umm, excuse me..." I managed to catch the girl's attention.

"Yes?" She looked straight at me with a smile. This girl really has no idea of who I am. I should try to be nice.

"Where's the coach? I haven't seen anyone resembling one during the trials, nor when we practiced or here."

"Our couch is ill. He's captain Hazelnut's father. She taking over the team in the mean time. He should be back by our next practice session.

"I see. Hazelnut is very passionate with the sport, isn't she?"

"Volleyball runs in her family. Every generation has at least one volleyball player. Every relative of her is passionate with this sport. They hope to play in the Olympics one day."

"It all makes sense now." I took a deep breath before releasing it. "She has a lot of pressure on her shoulders."

"Indeed." The girl said as she stood up. "Trixie, right?"

"That's my name. Don't waste it." I said in a joking manner. It came so naturally, that I even amazed myself.

My teammate giggled before speaking. "I'm Aqua Shine. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise." I smiled at her. This wasn't so hard. Social interactions were getting easier to me. At least with strangers.

"We better head to the court before Hazelnut comes after us."

"Yes, you're right." We walked out the dressing room together. The cheering I could barely hear when I was inside now got clearer. The game was about to start.

"There you are! We can't start with missing players!" Our captain scolded us.

"We're sorry." Aqua Shine apologized.

"To your positions!" I headed to the bench while Aqua ran towards the court to take the place of the middle blocker. The referee walked towards the court, and Hazelnut walked towards him, as did the rival's captain.

"You know the rules. Play fair and square. Remember to have fun, alright?"

"We will." Both Hazelnut and the rival captain replied at a unison before shaking his hand. The referee took a quarter. "Heads or tails?"

"Heads." Hazelnut chose, but the coin fell on tails. Both captains shook each other's hand. The referee took his place on one of the sides of the net. Our captain took the place of the libero and the referee blew his whistle, thus, starting the match. It was equal at first. We scored a point each, sometimes one of us would score twice in a row, only to be caught up quickly. But then, we stopped to score. We got stuck in 15 while our rivals kept scoring and scoring.

When our rivals hit 21, Hazelnut asked for a substitution. The rightside hitter was removed and I got in her space. Among the cheers, I could hear Rarity's, her sister's and my brother's. It helped me to get in mood. The referee blew his whistle and the match continued. The Valkyries delivered the ball, but we were ready. My teammates hit the ball twice, bringing it to me. I jumped and hit the ball with a spiker, just like I did in the trials. Our rivals were unable to block the ball and we scored.

Our fans cheered and we did a group hug, like we always do when we score. The game was on. I showed no mercy. I scored and allowed my teammates to score as well. I managed to be a team player. thanks to that, we managed to turn the tide in our favor. We reached 25 and won the set, without letting our rivals to score another point. Great. Two more sets, and we will win! Of course, it was easier said than done.

We quickly took advantage on the second set. We managed to get 10-0 when our rivals finally scored. From there, they started to escalate to the point we were 17-15. Our captain asked for a time out.

"It seems that their initial shock is over. They know how we play and they are adapting. Don't worry, girls, we can still do this! You're doing well. Trixie, you're delivering next. Give them a hard time!"

"Yes, ma'am!"

"Alright, one, two, three, PHOENIX WINGS!" We exclaimed the last at the same time and got back to the court. This is it. I can't allow them to reach our score. I got ready just as the referee blew his whistle. I ran towards the line, threw the ball into the air, jumped and hit the ball. Our rivals didn't get to the ball in time, so I scored an ace. After celebrating, I got in position again. I hit the ball just like before, but this time, the Valkyries managed to hit the ball. They passed the ball two times before sending it to us. I blocked the ball and it moved to a teammate. She passed it to another teammate, who hit the ball hard. Too hard. The ball went out of bounds. Our rivals celebrated and the match continued.

This set was tougher than the previous one. In the end, we won the second set, but barely. 25-23. Something was telling me that the third set will be even tougher.

I was not wrong. This time, The Valkyries started winning. We had to get serious. The tension was rising. We were losing 10-4, then 13-7, then 16-12. From there, we managed to escalate to the point we were equal in 24. In order to win, we had to score two points in a row.

The ball was ours since we scored last. A teammate delivered the ball. Our rivals blocked it, passed it and threw it to our side. Our setter tried to block it to pass it to one of us, but she hit the ball wrong and sent it out of bounds. We couldn't screw this up again.

After celebrating, our rivals delivered the ball. Luckily, it hit the net. Good. We celebrated and rotated. Another teammate got in position to deliver. Aqua Shine. She took a deep breath and hit the ball. Our rivals blocked the ball and managed to send it back to our side, but I was there to block it and send it to their side of the floor, scoring. This is it. All the pressure was on Aqua.

The referee whistled and Aqua Shine hit the ball. Our rivals got it and passed it to our side. We did the same. The rally went on and on. Maybe for about two minutes. We were all sweating. It was a matter of time before any of us made a mistake. We received the ball, passed it and sent it to the other side of the court. Our rivals blocked the ball... but it was sent out of bounds. Yes, yes! The referee blew his whistle to mark the end of the match. We won! We hugged in group and jumped to celebrate. We were in quarters! Yes, yes! I could hear our fans clapping and cheering as well. I looked at the seats and found Rarity, Sweetie Belle and my brother smiling all the way. I couldn't hold my happiness. My first official match and I won. We won!


After celebrating, a victory speech from our captain, taking a shower in the dressing room and getting dressed, I headed out of the stadium with Rarity, her sister and my brother.

"Wow, Trix, that was incredible! You destroyed the rival team!" My brother was unusually excited.

"It was teamwork Clementine, but, yeah, I did! I can't believe we performed so well."

"Trixie, darling, it should not surprise you. Your team has obviously been training hard. Your success was inevitable when you were allowed into the Phoenix Wings."

I blushed by Rarity's statement. It was unavoidable. "Th-Thanks, Rarity."

"It was the first time I ever watched a volleyball match. I had no idea it was so much fun!" Sweetie Belle commented. She was holding Rarity's hand while we walked. I have to admit, she's not bad to have around. She's really friendly and cheerful. I'm looking forward to spend the day at Rarity's house. I'm excited to visit for the first time.

"It's really fun. I think you would like to play." I commented with a smile. I'm sure I would be smiling all the weekend.

"I can play? How?!"

"There are some free slots for the junior team."

"There is?!" Sweetie Belle quickly looked at her sister. "Can I join, can I join?"

"If our parents agree. I don't see why not." Rarity replied.

"Yay!" Sweetie Belle cheered, which made me giggle.

Rarity has told me that her family is wealthy. Her mother is a fashionista. She has also told me that every generation of her family had at least one person working in the fashion world, and that she intends to continue the tradition. Anyone can tell Rarity's love for anything related to fashion. Her father, on the other hand, is a busy businessman. He's often on work trips or in his office, attending meetings. It had to be hard to have a father who is rarely at home, but at least she can see him. Rarity also has told me a few things about her sister, but not much. Hopefully, I'll know more about her today.

"Wow, Clementine, you got promoted?" Rarity was having a conversation with my brother.

"Yup! I supervise the storage now. I'm in charge of three people and I earn a better salary. It's cool."

"Congratulations!" Sweetie Belle was the one to speak this time.

"Thank you. I'm very happy about it. Now, I can spoil my sister even more." Clementine put an arm around my neck and used his other hand to playfully rub his fist on my head as he said the last.

"Hey, stop it!" I laughed. It hurt a little, but I didn't mind.

"It's the truth! You have been constantly talking about that new videogame you want to play. I can buy for you as a surprise now."

"It's not much of a surprise if you tell me beforehand, Clem." Everyone laughed after this. Clementine released me and we continued on our way while Clementine changed the subject. "I almost forgot!" My brother took a piece of paper and gave it to Rarity. "Here. Trixie wanted me to give you this."

"What is this... oh, your band is playing at that karaoke you told me about?"

"Yup! Next Saturday." I said as I put my index finger on the schedule. "It starts at 10 PM and ends late in the night. But my brother's band is one of the firsts and we can leave after his turn."

"Band? You have a band?" Sweetie Belle asked. Her reply came in the form of a nod from my brother. "Can I come too, Rarity? Please, please, please?"

"I don't know, Sweetie Belle. It's past your bedtime."

"But it's on Saturday."

"I'll try to ask our parents, but I can't do anything if they say no."

"Okay." Sweetie Belle pouted. I felt pity for her, but she's still a child. We walked until it was time to take different paths.

"Alright, ladies, this is where I say goodbye. Please, take care of my little sister, okay?" My brother said as he patted my head.

"I'm not a baby!" I pretended to be angry, but by now, he knew I didn't mean it. He chuckled and walked away, waving at us.

"Bye!"

"I'll see you later, Clementine!" Rarity exclaimed as she waved.

"It was nice to meet you!" Sweetie Belle said, after her sister.

"Well, shall we go on?" I spoke after Clementine was far away. Rarity and Sweetie Belle nodded and we walked towards our destination.

"He's a nice person. I'm surprised that you didn't flirt with him, sis." Sweetie Belle said.

"Please, Sweetie Belle, he's older than me."

"You're always saying that boys older than you are more attractive. Don't deny it, I can see your blush!"

"I-I'm not blushing!"

"Yes you are. Your face is all red!"

"He's taken, Sweetie Belle. You know I don't flirt with taken boys, nor my friends' brothers."

It's that feeling again. Every time I heard Rarity fancying about boys, I would could feel like if a spine punctured in my heart. Whenever I started to gain confidence to tell Rarity about my feelings, she would make a comment about boys and my confidence would drain completely. I can't imagine what would I feel if my brother was younger and single. What would happen to me if Rarity asked me to set her up on a date with him? What would I do?!

"Trixie?" A voice was calling me, but I didn't react until I was shaken off my thoughts.

"Wh-What?" I looked around, confused. Rarity's hand was on my shoulder.

"You were spacing out yet again. Is everything alright?"

"Yes, don't worry." I lied and faked a smile. "Were you saying something?"

"We're here." After Rarity's statement, I raised my head and saw her home for the first time. My jaw dropped. Her house was huge! Like a mansion!

The house was almost at the corner of the street. They lived in a large log home with two floors and many windows. The entrance had a small terrace, equipped with wooden chairs and a matching wooden table.

"Home, sweet home." Rarity commented while Sweetie Belle ran towards the door.

"It's... amazing! You have a beautiful place, Rarity. I'm... astonished. I have never seen a place like this."

"Why, thank you, darling. Come on, I'll show you around." She grabbed my wrist and lead me inside. The interior was as breath taking as the outside. It was well decorated with plants and paintings. Rarity lead me to the dining room.

"This is the center of the house. Over there is the corridor leading to my parents bedroom and their personal bathroom. The kitchen is that way and the living room over here." She lead me to the living room. It had a sectional sofa and a large HD Television. The room had lights, paintings and a few photos of Rarity's family.

"This is the only HD T.V. we own. Each one of us has an own T.V. in our respective rooms, but they're not as big as this one."

"Correct me if I'm wrong. Do you happen to be rich?"

Rarity giggled. "I don't brag about it, but, yes, we are. My parents are successful. We also have a boutique, were my mother works. She also allows me to use it. She has a bedroom there in case she needs to work late."

"Wow... I'm impressed. Where's your and your sister's room?"

"Upstairs. I can show you if you want."

"Sure!" I grinned, excited to finally know where my Rarity slept.

"Wait!" However, we were stopped before we could take a step. We turned our heads and found a smiling Sweetie Belle standing in the middle of the room.

"What is it, Sweetie Belle?" Rarity asked.

"Can I get to know Trixie now. Pretty please?"

Rarity and I exchanged looks. She was worried about her sister's request, but I smiled at her. "You can show me later."

"Yay!" Sweetie Belle jumped on her spot before rushing to the couch where she sat. Rarity and I sat on the same couch. Rarity's phone rang in the instant she crossed her legs.

"Excuse me." She said before checking who it was. "It's Fluttershy. I have to answer." Rarity headed to another room, where she could have a private conversation. Sweetie Belle and I remained behind. I was looking around, unsure of what to say. I glanced at the young girl. It seemed like she didn't know what to do either.

"So, umm... questions...?"

"Oh!" She giggled nervously. I smiled at her to calm her down. "I was going to wait for my sister, but I guess I can ask you some questions now."

"By all means, do. I'm all ears."

"Okay. So, you're human, right?"

"Excuse me?" That wasn't the kind of question I was expecting.

"It's just, my friends and I always saw you acting so mean. We thought you could be some kind of robot, built to be mean for the sake of being mean. Scootaloo even followed you once to see if you recharged."

"She did?" I giggled. "That's a... fascinating theory. To answer your question, yes, I am human. I need to eat, sleep, and breathe like everyone else. I bleed if I get cut.."

"Scootaloo once made us watch a movie where a futuristic robot used a convincing human disguise to..."

"I'm not a robot." I repeated, still containing my composure. "Anything else?"

"Yes. For how long have you and my sister been hanging out?"

"For some weeks. Around a month. We have a secret friendship. My... companions don't know, and only you, your friends and Sunset Shimmer know. Besides my brother, of course."

"Why keeping it a secret? I'm sure everyone would love this side of you."

I sighed. "I'm not ready. It's... hard to explain. Not even your sister knows exactly why, but she respects my wishes. I'm sorry, Sweetie Belle, but I can't tell you."

"Okay." She looked away, probably embarrassed.

"Don't worry, I'm not upset. You can still ask me other questions." The little girl smiled and looked at me. She opened her mouth to speak, but Rarity returned, interrupting her. She was carrying the purse I bought her.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go. Fluttershy asked me to meet her now. It seems important."

"I won't stop you." I spoke. Rarity looked at me.

"You can stay and talk with my sister if you want. You'll do me a huge favor. She won't rest until she asks you everything she wants."

"That's true!" Sweetie Belle said with a grin.

I laughed softly. "I'll stay. I'll see you on Monday."

"Goodbye, Trixie. Sweetie Belle, don't abuse." Rarity pointed at her sister. The child nodded nodded and Rarity left. We could hear the door opening and closing. She was gone. A feeling of emptiness invaded my inside.

"Trixie."

I partly overcame the feeling by hearing Sweetie Belle. This mini energetic Rarity is something. "Yes, Sweetie Belle?"

"I wanted to ask you... what made you want to be friends with my sister? If it's okay to ask."

"Oh." The reason I approached Rarity. I have only told my brother this. I'll have to hide some details to Sweetie Belle, though. "Well, it goes back a few months ago. I had this bad dream where I was walking through the corridors of Canterlot High. Everyone was ignoring me. I tried to call for their attention, I tried everything, but... nothing worked. I felt lonely. I started to cry and fell on my knees. Nobody even bothered to look at my direction. It was then when I woke up abruptly and realized how lonely my life really was. I told myself that I would try to change my life around. Rarity was the first person I saw the next day, so, I decided to start with her after gaining the courage to do so."

"Aww, that's so sad..." Sweetie Belle was pouting and her eyes were wet. I rested my back on the couch and looked up.

"It is..." Of course, what I didn't tell her, was that the dream didn't end abruptly. One person walked towards me when I was crying in my dream. I saw a hand reaching to me. When I looked up, I saw Rarity, smiling at me. Until then, she was nobody to me. But starting from that dream, she became someone. Touching her hand, even in a dream, felt so... I couldn't even describe it.

When we became friends, I realized that the girl I dreamed with was real. I can't imagine my life without her now. I needed her. And I'll do anything to get to her heart. I glanced at Sweetie Belle. She was still looking at me with pity. I smiled at her to try to change the mood.

"Say, don't you have some fun stories to tell me about you?"

A grin appeared on her face all of the sudden. "I do! There was one day were Scootaloo, Apple Bloom and I..." Sweetie Belle told me some of her stories and I listened. For such a young girl, she surely gets in a lot of troubles. I could tell she loves to talk about her adventures. She's passionate, just like Rarity when she talks about fashion. She only stopped talking when a phone rang in the next room. She left to answer it and I checked the time in my cell phone. Time flew! I waited until Sweetie Belle came back to tell her that I was leaving.

"Sorry, but I must be going now.

"It's okay, I understand. I had fun today. Thank you for letting me tag along."

"You can consider me your friend. Just remember to keep the secret."

"I'll be careful." She said as she accompanied me to the front door. She opened it and I walked out. "I'll see you when I see you!"

I nodded and waved at her as I walked towards my home. I moved my head to look where I was going, but something unexpected happened.

"Trixie!"

"Gah!" startled, I lost my balance and fell to the ground. My butt cushioned the fall. I looked up and found Sunset Shimmer in front of me. "Shimmer! You-You scared me!"

"I seem to have that bad habit lately. Sorry. Let me give you a hand."

I reluctantly allowed her to help me but I didn't thank her. I hate being scared. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to ask Rarity something that has me worried."

"She's not home. Fluttershy called her and she left."

"Oh, is that it?" Shimmer put her hand on her chin and made a 'Mmm' sound, like if she was thinking.

"Yeah. Anyway, I have to go home. See ya." I tried to continue my way home, but Shimmer spoke again.

"W-Wait!" I turned and saw her walking towards me. "Let me go with you."

"What?! Why?!"

"I just... I want to know your intentions with Rarity." She caught up to me and walked beside me.

"What are you, her mother?" I didn't have to fake annoyance with Sunset Shimmer. She's actually a girl I dislike.

"I'm her friend. I worry. Rarity asked me not to talk to you, but... I bumped into you and I can't leave like if nothing was happening."

"Listen, Sunset Shimmer, I have my reasons to be like I am. But I have limits. Do you want to know why I don't like you? Something I would never do, is to play with someone's heart, use them to get what I want. Rarity is a nice person, but I can't say the same about you."

"I can't believe Trixie Lulamoon is lecturing me. You mean Flash? It was a long time ago. Plus, he moved to 'Las Pegasus'."

"You still did it. I don't care about him. I care about what you do, or what are you planning to do next."

"I have changed! Haven't you noticed? I'm not a bully anymore. I haven't done anything bad since the fall formal."

"I'm not convinced. You could still be a bully, faking to be a nice person until you're ready to be what you used to be."

"I could say the same thing about you, you know?"

"Hmph!" I gave her the cold shoulder and walked in a faster pace, but Shimmer imitated my pace to keep up with me.

"Don't you dare walk away from me! I'm not done."

"Yes you are. Trixie has had enough. This conversation is over."

"No! You can't ignore me!" I pulled out my phone and looked for a personalized photo of Rarity. I took it in one of our meetings. I decorated it with hearts around her. I would lose track of time while staring at this photo, which is exactly what I needed to ignore Shimmer. "Trixie! Please, listen to me. Trixie. Trixie!" Shimmer grabbed my arm and moved it to try to get my attention. She caught me off guard, so, I dropped my phone. Luckily, it fell into the grass.

"Look what you did?! Why aren't you gone, yet?!"

"I-I'm sorry. I'll pick it up for you and I'll leave..."

I crossed my arms, angry. She sounded upset. Good. At least she finally got the message. Wait... she's picking up the phone... the photo! When I was about to tell her to stop, it was too late. She had the phone in her hands. The screen was facing up. She saw the photo... my personal photo! "Give me that!" I snatched my phone from her hands and gave my back to her. I didn't hear her leave. She wasn't leaving, she was still here...

"W-Was that... do you... do you like Rarity...?"

Please, a bus! I need a bus to run me over right now! Anything to escape this situation! "Y-You shouldn't have seen that!" I turned to face Sunset Shimmer again. "Why do you look at other people's photos? Don't you know what privacy is?!"

"I'm sorry, it was an accident! It was right there! So, you do have feelings for her?"

"Yes! I like her! I think about her all day! I adore every single aspect of hers! I adore her hair, I adore her eyes, I adore her perfume aroma, everything! She even takes over my dreams! I'm crazy about her! I like her so much, it hurts. My heart pounds every time I see her, every time I'm with her! So, there. Happy?!" Yelling my deepest secrets left me panting. I didn't know what came over me. It was like if I was just possessed. I couldn't stop myself from revealing everything. I told Shimmer everything... absolutely everything...

"Wow, I..." Shimmer scratched the back of her head. "I must admit I'm surprised. I would never have guessed. So, that's why you want to be her friend so badly. It makes sense..."

"Yeah, well, it doesn't matter. You will surely run to her and tell her what I just said, ruining the little chances I have of dating her. She might not want to be friend of a girl who likes other girls." Sunset Shimmer giggled, then, she started to laugh out loud. I could even see tears. "As expected, you're going to tell her so she stays away from me!"

"No, no!" her laughter slowly faded and she wiped her tears. "It's not what you think. I'm not going to tell her. I'll keep your secret."

"You will?" I unfolded my arms. "Then, why were you laughing just now?"

"You still don't know everything about Rarity. She's totally cool with gays, and having them as friends."

"Really? Wait, does she has gay friends?"

"Well, not exactly." Shimmer smirked and pointed at herself with her thumb. "I'm bisexual."

Author's Note:

Phew! Man, that was a long chapter. It's the longest I have ever written! This should make it up for the length of the previous one and my long absence :twilightsmile:

I hope the volleyball part wasn't too boring. I must say, it wasn't easy. I'll try not to write too many volleyball scenes :rainbowderp:

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, and I hope you're still enjoying this fic so far! :pinkiehappy:

If anyone is wondering, Rarity's house looks like the number one from this list.