• Published 25th Jan 2017
  • 3,723 Views, 547 Comments

The Mysteries of Love - MysteriousStranger



Trixie has had feelings for a certain generous girl for some time, and she's tired of them. Will she be able to throw her pride away and talk to her crush?

  • ...
12
 547
 3,723

Reunion

Trixie's P.O.V.

At long last, today is the day. Rarity is returning today! Sadly, I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see her. She told me that her family could only book the last flight of the day. She will arrive late in the night and tired. Worst of all, she wasn’t replying to my text messages nor was she answering the phone. It’s only noon. She usually writes to me at this time. I probably shouldn’t worry, but I am starting to.

I remained in my room, not doing much until my brother knocked on my door.

“Come in,” I said, with no emotion. Clementine opened the door and entered my room with the help of his crutch.

“Still no reply?” I shook my head in denial. “Maybe if you distract yourself with something the wait won’t be as bad. Why don’t you go to the store? We’re out of eggs and of your favorite cereal.”

“Hmm… okay…” I walked towards Clementine, who gave me money, and then I left my apartment. I didn’t really want to go outside since the heat was strong at this time of day, but I have to do it. For my cereal! I’ll take a cold shower after this.

The heat was almost unbearable. The shadows didn’t help much. It wasn’t the hottest day of the past few weeks, but it was still too much to be out in the open. I walked at a fast pace to get to the convenience store as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the store closest to my house was closed for vacations. The second store I went to had a broken air conditioner, so I had to go to one which was farther away than I wanted to go. This wasn’t my day.

I inhaled happily when I entered the store. It was just the refresh I needed after the long hot walk to get here. I looked for the eggs and my cereal and got in the line. It was moving slow. It seemed like many people came to buy ice or cold drinks. I wanted it to move faster so I could rush home and sit with the fan making me company. Ten minutes must have passed before it was my turn. The shop clerk didn’t even greet me. He clearly wished to be somewhere else. Nevertheless, I paid and rushed home.

I almost passed out before getting in the apartment complex. I used the elevator to get to my floor and headed to my apartment. “Clementine, I’m going to kill you! Why did you have to send me to the store now? Why couldn’t I go later, when the heat wasn’t so unbearable?” I said as I headed to the kitchen to place the bag with the groceries, but there was no reply. “Clementine? Clem? Are you hiding from me?” I walked to his bedroom door and knocked on it. “Are you there, brother?” I opened the door and looked for him. He was not there. I decided not to check the rooftop since he wouldn’t hide there with this heat. I sighed. ‘Maybe he’s out. He should have told me. But the door was open… what is he up to?’

Whatever he was doing, I decided to leave him be for now. I need a shower. I walked into my room to look for clean clothes, however, after giving a few steps, my door closed. It was so sudden that I got startled. “Clementine, are you serious?!” I said, before turning around. “What’s going on with you-” I stopped speaking and gasped. My eyes widened when I saw who was in my room. It wasn’t my brother. It was Rarity, or was she? Is my imagination playing with me? “Ah-ah-ah… Y-You… R-Ra…”

“Did I left you speechless again, Trixie-Pixie? Allow me to complicate things.” Rarity said before approaching me. My heart raced faster as she got closer. She stopped right in front of me, with her arms crossed. Her smile was inches away from my face. I touched her head, hair, and shoulders with my hands to see if she was really there. “What are you doing?” My girlfriend said, in confusion.

“It is you!”

“Yes, I believe.”

“But you told me that your flight would arrive tonight! What happened?”

“Well, I… lied.” Rarity said, looking innocent.

“Y-You lied to me?”

“It's called a white lie. I wanted to surprise you…” My girlfriend as she placed her arms around my neck and rested her head on my chest. “Was it wrong?”

“U-Umm…” Rarity didn’t stop smiling. In all honesty, I was never mad at her. I put my arms around her waist and placed my head on her shoulder, returning the embrace. “No, it wasn’t…” I didn’t want to release her. I missed her touch these last two weeks. I wasn’t just going to let her go that easily.

“Trixie…” She whispered my name while neither of us broke the embrace. I could tell she missed my touch as much as I missed hers. During our cuddles, Rarity moved her head to look at me. I did the same and, while our arms remained where they were, we kissed. They were just pecks at first, but then we started to prolong them until we were kissing passionately. One kiss after another. After I don’t know how many minutes, I was lost in my lust and dared to kiss her neck. Rarity pushed me away but still kept me close. Her cheeks were bright red, just like mine.

“Oh, umm… sorry…” I felt embarrassed for losing myself in the moment.

“No, it’s okay. You caught me by surprise.” My girlfriend smiled at me reassuringly.

“So, I didn’t go too far…?”

Rarity shook her head. “No, darling. As I said, I wasn’t prepared for it. Do you want to try again?”

“N-No, no. The moment is gone.”

“Aww…” Rarity pouted and I smiled at her.

“So, what do you have planned for this surprise visit?”

“I have a couple of hours free before greeting my friends. I just wanted to stop by to see you first and tell you about my vacations.”

“I’m really curious about what you did. But first, I want to know, how did you get in my apartment?”

“Your brother let me in.”

“He did?”

Rarity nodded. “I told him yesterday that I wanted to surprise you. He lent me a hand by making you leave and allowing me in before you returned.”

“So, that’s why he made me go to the store despite the heat…”

“Yes. Rosemary then came to pick him up.”

“I see. I suffered…” I said, as I caressed Rarity’s cheek, “But it was all worth it.” My girlfriend closed her eyes and enjoyed my stroke.

“The heat was unbearable for me too. I was around the corner, waiting for your brother’s signal. Just like you said…” Rarity said before opening her eyes and gazing at mine. “It was worth it…” I smiled at her and kissed her on her forehead.

“You’re wonderful.”

“Thanks, darling. You too.” Rarity said, while she caressed my cheek. I was so happy right now. But I felt the necessity to ‘ruin’ the moment.

“What did you bring me?”

“Did you want me to return to see me again or for the gifts?” Rarity said, smiling.

“Both, but mostly for the gifts.” My girlfriend softly slapped me on my face. “Hey!” She giggled and walked to my desk, where two paper bags were laying. I can’t believe I didn’t see them until now.

“Here, these are all yours. I already gave your brother and Rosemary their gifts.”

“Wow, thanks!” I wasted no time and opened all of my gifts. Rarity gave me a miniature scale of the Eiffel Tower, a lantern shaped like an old English building, a miniature of an old Greek building and cheese.

“Rarity, I love them!”

“I knew you would,” My girlfriend said, as she walked closer to me. “When you put a candle inside the English building, it will lit just like the building over there does at night. And the Greek building is the Temple of Zeus. The cheese is the best Italian Emmental of Italy. Remember to share.”

“Share? No, it’s all mine!” I said, and I grabbed the cheese and hugged it close to me.

“Trixie, don’t be selfish. Share the cheese or I’ll take it with me.” Rarity scolded me.

“But you gave it to Trixie! It’s mine, and mine alone!”

“Share, darling. I won’t say it again."

I sighed. “Fine, I’ll share.”

“Good girl.” My girlfriend said, as she patted my head.

“I’m not a dog!” Rarity giggled again. I smiled and placed the cheese on my desk before speaking again. “Now, tell me about your vacations.”

“Of course. Shall we sit?”

“Sure.” Rarity sat on the couch of my room while I laid on her lap. My girlfriend gasped, surprised, but she soon smiled again and started to stroke my head. I rested my hands on my stomach and gazed into her eyes.

“I’m all ears, gem.”

“A-Alright.” Rarity kept her hand on my forehead. “As you know, we visited Italy, England, Greece, and France. There was so much to see, so much to buy, and the food was exquisite everywhere. However what I most enjoyed was having my family together for two whole weeks.”

“I’m glad.” Rarity giggled before continuing.

“I missed you the most when we were in France since it’s a popular country for couples. Whenever I looked there were people holding hands, cuddling, kissing… Luckily, my family helped to keep me distracted.” I could see how Rarity’s expression changed when she spoke about France. She looked slightly sad.

“I’m sorry…” I said, as I took her hand in mine and squeezed it. Rarity smiled and blushed.

“Don’t be, darling. It passed when I returned to the hotel and chatted with you. I knew that you were waiting for me, so I was still able to enjoy France, just like the other countries I visited.”

“I feel envy. I never went anywhere beyond Canterlot City, and you traveled to another continent. I’m keeping every single photo you sent me.”

“Did Trixie Lulamoon just admit… envy?” Rarity asked, smirking. I blushed deeply at this.

“S-So what if I did?” My girlfriend giggled and leaned down to give me a peck on my lips.

“I just adore making you nervous. It’s so cute~”

“Hmm…” I faked annoyance while my cheeks remained red. “Meanie.”

“So…” Rarity said, after a few seconds of silence. “What did you do while I was gone? I hope you didn’t spend the entire time within these walls.”

“I told you I went to the mall with Sunset, remember? I even told you that I met Coco Pommel.”

“Oh, indeed I do darling. Which remind me…” Rarity reached over and squeezed my arm hard.

“O-Ouch! What was that for?”

“For being jealous of Coco Pommel.”

I groaned. “I’m sorry! It’s the first time I’m dating someone who actually likes me. I got a little… protective.”

“I wouldn’t say a little, dear.”

I smiled. “What? Will you sue me for liking you so much?”

“We can get to an arrangement and avoid the court…”

“How much is it going to cost me?” I said as I sat up. Rarity scooted closer to and kissed me. “More? Didn’t you have enough?” I jokingly said.

“It’s been two weeks, darling.” My girlfriend said with a love daze expression. I said no more. Instead, I placed an arm around her neck and kissed her. While we kissed, Rarity knelt on the couch and crawled towards me before pinning me down completely. I gasped in surprise, but I didn’t stop kissing her. We didn’t stop until several minutes later when Rarity nuzzled noses with me and rested her head on my chest. I placed both of my arms around her back and watched her in silence. I intend to snuggle with her as much as I can before she leaves to see her friends.

Author's Note:

Sorry for making you wait so long for a short chapter. Stuff happened that kept me from writing. But everything should be good now. I hope you enjoyed this chapter filled with love! Consider it a reward for being so patient :twilightsmile:

I want to thank zalla661 for revising this chapter before its release! :pinkiehappy: