• Published 25th Jan 2017
  • 3,741 Views, 547 Comments

The Mysteries of Love - MysteriousStranger



Trixie has had feelings for a certain generous girl for some time, and she's tired of them. Will she be able to throw her pride away and talk to her crush?

  • ...
12
 547
 3,741

Three's a Crowd

Rarity's P.O.V.

Two weeks passed since my first date with Trixie. It’s a night I will cherish forever. That girl… She left me in awe. I knew from where the song came from. It was romantic. Very romantic. When I kissed her afterwards, I felt a familiar magical energy growing within me. Fully embracing my feelings for Trixie filled me with joy. I had to keep the magic under control. I couldn't allow myself to transform in front of strangers. It wasn't easy, but I managed to subside it. I have been wanting to do something nice for her since then. It took me some time, but finally, I'll give her a wonderful gift today on our first month anniversary.

Our day was during a weekday, but it doesn’t matter since it’s Summer. Everything was going well. Trixie’s brother was finally back home, although he will be using a crutch for a while. Also, my parents gave Sweetie Belle and me wonderful news. They’re taking us on a two-week vacation to Europe! Two full weeks with them is just what my sister and I needed after not seeing them for so long. I’m excited about the vacations, but I’m also going to miss Trixie. Today is my last day before leaving. Trixie already knows, so we’re going to take full advantage of this day.

I was sitting on my bed, waiting for her to arrive. Her gift was between my hands. I was staring at it. I can’t wait until she sees it! I’m sure she will love it. I don’t know how much time I spent looking at the small wrapped box before I received a text message from my girlfriend.

I’m outside 😁

I grinned and rushed downstairs. I stopped by the front door to take a deep breath before opening the door. Beaming, Trixie was standing on the other side, with her hands on her back. She was only wearing her favorite dress and had a purse. No surprise there since it was a hot day. She walked in. I gave her a peck on her lips before closing the door. After closing it, I turned around and embraced Trixie. “Happy first month, Trixie-pixie.”

“Happy first month, my precious gem.” After our first date, we starting using pet names on each other. Trixie found mine embarrassing, but she was okay with it since I always used it when we were alone. We broke the hug and I gave her my gift.

“I had this made specially for you, darling.”

Trixie grinned and started to unwrap her gift with carefulness. I watched her, excited, as she finally opened the box. She gasped when she saw her gift. After giving me a quick glance, she took the box’s content within her hand. It was a heart shaped golden locket. “Rarity…this is… beautiful.”

“Why don’t you open it?” I said with a smile. Trixie did as I said and unlocked her gift. She blushed deeply when she saw the photo within it. I took a selfie only for her eyes to see, posing just for her. My girlfriend kissed me in appreciation.

“Thank you so much for this wonderful gift, Rarity.”

“It has a chain, but you don’t have to wear it if you don’t want to.” Trixie sobbed, which took me by surprise. “Is there something wrong?”

“N-No, I’m sorry. It’s just… first you gave me a hair pin, now this… I’m not used to receive gifts from people besides Clementine and Rosemary. I’m taking this whenever I go.”

Her words alone made my day. I stroked her hair and spoke again. “I’m glad you like it.”

Trixie put her locket around her neck before placing her hands on my cheeks. I felt something on one of her hands. My girlfriend smiled and opened her hand in front of me. She was holding a small wrapped paper. “It’s my turn now, but after what you gave me, my gift will look too cheap.”

“Don’t be ridiculous, darling, the price is not important. The gesture is what matters.” I said, before taking my gift. I carefully unwrapped it. “What do we have here?” I asked. The gift turned out to be a two cat keychains. One black and one white.

“One is for you, and the other one is for me. I’ll take the black one. Do you like it?”

“Of course I do, Trixie-pixie.” I said as I put my keychain on a table. “I’ll put it on my keys later. I have something else in mind at this moment…” I turned around to face Trixie and placed my hands on her cheeks. With our noses practically touching, we flushed and smiled lovingly to each other.

“I can never thank you enough for agreeing to become my friend all those months ago. I’m so lucky to have you.”

“We’re both lucky. I saw something in you that day. I felt you were being honest. I don't regret having accepted you as my friend, and I’m delighted to call you my girlfriend.”

“Trixie feels the same way.” I kissed her passionately right after she said the last.

“My sister is away with her friends so we can do whatever we want…” I said before resuming our kiss.

“Let’s stay here… for now.” My girlfriend said between kisses. I didn’t say anything else. Instead, I wrapped my arms around her neck and focused on our kisses. Trixie put her arms around my waist and pulled me closer to her as I moaned lightly into the kiss.

We stopped kissing after a few minutes. We smiled at each other and I spoke again. “That was… marvelous.”

“Well, you’re abandoning me tomorrow. I have to take all I can.”

“Abandoning is an awful word, Trixie. It will just be for two weeks.”

“I know, but, we have been spending a lot of time together since we became friends. I’m really going to miss you.” I put myself in Trixie’s shoes. Before me, she only had her brother and sister in-law. She started to lose interest in Fuchsia Blush and Lavender Lace shortly after we became friends, so, she will feel lonely during these two weeks. My sister is coming with me, but she still has somebody else to talk to. After all, she was still wearing the friendship bracelet Sunset gave her.

“You and Sunset are getting along well. Why don’t you do something with her while I’m gone?”

Trixie sighed before speaking. “I don’t know how to be a good friend.”

“You did a good job with me.”

“Because I’m mad about you. It was easier to avoid doing things you didn’t like.”

Mad about me. Oh, Trixie~! “I still got angry with you once. I scolded you and you didn’t yell at my friends again.”

“Not in front of you, at least…”

“What…?” Trixie’s eyes widened. She chuckled nervously while I frowned at her. I can’t believe she just said that so casually. “It was just a few times. Sunset was showing up whenever I went. I lost my patience! But I don’t do it anymore. I promise. Ask her yourself if you don’t believe me.”

I kept frowning at her, but just to scare her for a little bit more. I sighed and smiled at her. “I believe you; Trixie, however things are have changed. She’s your friend now. She can help you learn how to be a good friend, don’t be afraid to ask.”

“Wouldn’t that be strange?”

“Not really. When Sunset asked for a second chance, we taught her how to be a nice person. We guided her. She soon learned how to be a good person on her own. At first, we had to ask for her assistance if we needed it. Then, she started to offer her help without us calling her. It’s not so hard, I’m sure you’ll learn.”

“You really think so?” I nodded and Trixie looked away. It looked like she was thinking on what I just said. She eventually gazed back at me. “Alright, I’ll give it a shot.”

“It’s a start. Thank you.” I smiled at her. Then, my girlfriend took my arm and lead me to the living room to sit on the couch. I didn’t care how hot the day was, I still cuddled on her.

“So, I have been thinking…”

“Yes, dear?”

“I'm taking you to the amusement park. I borrowed some money from my brother. I can get something for you there.”

“That sounds wonderful, Trixie-pixie.” Trixie blushed and giggled softly. I kissed her on her cheek before touching noses with her. We gazed into each other’s eyes in silence, until something interrupted us. Or better said, someone.

“Sis, are you here? I’m home!” Sweetie Belle walked into the living room and found us. “Yay! Trixie is here too!”

“Sweet’ums?” I moved aside to break contact with Trixie. “Didn’t you say you were going to be with your friends?”

“I was, but Applejack asked Apple Bloom to help her in the farm and Rainbow Dash asked Scootaloo to record her doing parkour with a video camera. But that’s okay, now I can spend the day with you!” My sister jumped to the couch between us. She smiled at both of us, with her legs dangling and her hands between them. Trixie and I looked at each other. What do I do? How do I find the right words to tell my sister me and Trixie wish to be alone? “So… what are you two doing?”

“Well, Trixie just invited me to the amusement park to cele-”

“The amusement park?!” Sweetie Belle interrupted me. She clasped her hands together and her eyes widened in excitement. “Yay! It will be fun!” I was on the verge of having a collapse. I should have chosen my words correctly! Trixie and I were supposed to celebrate our first month alone. I’m ruining our special day! I glanced towards my girlfriend, looking for help. Trixie patted Sweetie Belle’s head and smiled before speaking.

“We will. We’re leaving as soon as you’re ready.” Wait... Trixie? Did you just…?

“Okay!” My sister jumped off the couch and ran towards her room upstairs. I was dumbfounded. What just happened?

“Umm… Trixie, darling…? Why did you do that?”

“You saw her face. I couldn’t say no. Besides, her friends are busy. What were we supposed to do? Leave her alone here?”

I always wondered why Trixie cared so much about Sweetie Belle. I’m not complaining, but they bonded awfully fast. “I could have asked one of my friends to look after her.”

“That wouldn’t be nice. Rarity…” Trixie took my hand before continuing. “I know this isn’t what we had in mind to celebrate, but we can still have a good time. I’m going to miss Sweetie Belle too. It’s only fair that all three of us spend the day together before you go on vacations tomorrow. We can have a proper date when you get back.”

Was this really the same Trixie that once verbally abused me and my friends? She is on the outside, but on the inside, she’s someone completely different. Someone I deeply adore. “Trixie…” I blushed and smiled at her. “Alright. She’s coming with us.”

My girlfriend grinned and hugged me. I giggled and Sweetie Belle returned shortly after.

“I’m ready!”

“Then, off we go!” Trixie said as she and I stood up. The three of us walked out and I closed the front door with my key before linking arms with my girlfriend. I had my worries with Sweetie Belle coming with us, but Trixie was right. My sister’s joy was evident by the way she skipped in front of us. Seeing her in such a mood made me realize how selfish I was by thinking on sending her with someone else.


“Yay, we’re here! Where do we go first?” Sweetie Belle shifted her head from side to side to see all the rides. We told her we could only ride a few of them, so she had to choose carefully. “Umm, I know! The bump cars!” Sweetie Belle started to drag us to the line.

“Wait, Sweetie Belle! We should ask Trixie if she wants to join us.” I wasn’t sure if that was a good option for Trixie.

“Why wouldn’t I join? Come on, Rarity, it will be fun!” Well, Trixie seems to be okay with it. Maybe I worried too much.

“Yay!” My sister got in the line with Trixie and I behind her. It was a short line. We were actually part of the group that was next. We got in separate bump cars and the game begun. Everyone started to laugh and bump on each other while I dedicated to dodge incoming cars. I was doing a good job until someone hit me from behind. I turned my head and realized it was Trixie the one who crashed me.

“What do you think you’re doing, Trixie?” I said as she chuckled.

“You’re supposed to bump on anyone you see. It’s a free for all!” I smirked at her reply.

“Well, if that’s the case-” Before I could finish my sentence, someone hit me from the side. I quickly glanced to that side to see it was Sweetie Belle the one who smashed me this time.

“Sweet’ums? You too? How could you?!”

My sister giggled. “Free for all!”

“You asked for it!” I spent the rest of the time bumping on either Trixie or Sweetie Belle, ignoring everyone else.

When the time ran out, we left the bumping cars in laughs.

“We got her, Sweetie Belle!” My girlfriend said as she and my sister performed a high five.

“Wait a second, I thought you said it was Free for All.” I glared at them, but their expressions were innocent.

“It was more like… a Team Deathmatch.”

“You two ganged on me! That wasn’t nice.” They laughed while I pouted. Then, Trixie put an arm around my shoulder.

“Hey, don’t be sad. I’m sorry... that you were such an easy target.”

“Is that supposed to make me feel better?”

“Nope.” Trixie replied with a smile. Honestly, I wasn’t mad. I was happy that they were having fun. It might not be what we planned, but I’m enjoying this day regardless.

“I’m hungry. Let’s eat something!” Sweetie Belle suddenly said as she jumped on her spot.

“But if you eat something, you won’t be able to get on some rides.” My sister pouted when I said that, but Trixie joined the argument.

“Why don’t we let her have some fries? How bad can it be?”

“She has a sensitive stomach, Trixie.”

“My tummy can handle it!” Sweetie Belle said before clasping her hands together. “Please, sis! I’m dying for some French fries! I promise, I won’t ask for more food for the rest of the day!” I wanted to decline for her own safety, but Trixie was pouting, begging me to give in. Since I had my back against the wall, I had no choice but to give up.

“Alright, darling…” I said after sighing. “I’ll buy you a portion, but that’s it, alright?”

“Yes, yes! Thank you, Rarity!” As we walked towards the nearest food cart, I stared at my girlfriend. She noticed it and smiled.

“What is it?”

“Nothing.” I smiled back, but I was still puzzled. Why is Trixie so kind with Sweetie Belle? I couldn’t stop wondering that. I needed to know.

After buying Sweetie Belle French fries, we walked around the amusement park so my sister could pick the next ride. When she finished eating, she threw the empty cone in the garbage bin. “Have you decided which ride to go next?” My sister answered my question as she pointed with a finger.

“There!”

I followed her finger and gasped. Just as I feared, she wanted to ride the roller coaster. Her stomach won’t be able to take it. “S-Sweetie Belle… a-are you sure…?”

“Completely sure! Scootaloo said it’s the best ride of the entire park! I can’t leave without riding it at least once!”

“But, Sweetie Belle…”

“What’s the matter, Rarity? Are you scared?” Trixie asked with a smirk. How dare you! Actually, I could use that in my favor.

“Y-Yes! speed scares me, I’m afraid.” It was a complete lie to try to keep Sweetie Belle on the ground. I don't think the roller coaster is a good idea after eating.

“Aww, that’s alright. I’ll go with her.”

“What?! But, Trixie!”

“Relax, it’s completely safe! I assure you that Sweetie Belle and I will be fine.” That didn’t work as I expected. Sweetie Belle used her best puppy eyes on me. Once again, my girlfriend and my sister teamed up against me. I can’t win against them. I just hope no accident happens.

“Fine, go. I’ll wait here.”

“Yay!” Sweetie Belle cheered as she ran to the line while Trixie approached to me.

“She’s in good hands.”

“I know.” I smiled at Trixie before giving me a peck on my lips. Then, she went to form the line with my sister. I found a nearby bench to sit and wait.

They returned after twenty minutes. They didn’t seem happy though. Sweetie Belle was dizzy and Trixie had a guilty look on her face. The reason was easy to catch. I could see a few stains on Trixie’s dress and on Sweetie Belle’s clothes as well.

“I-I’m sorry, Rarity… when the cart proceeded down, she… umm… well, you know. Most of it ended up outside of the cart, though…”

I crossed my arms and glanced from Trixie to Sweetie Belle, who couldn’t keep her eyes in orbit yet. I felt like I should be mad for not listening to me. This could have easily been avoided. But, I wasn’t angered. After all, Trixie had the best intentions. “What’s done is done. Let’s go to the bathroom to clean you two up.”

In silence, we went to the bathroom, where I used wet paper napkins to clean Sweetie Belle up while Trixie cleaned herself.

“I thought… my tummy would resist…” Sweetie Belle said, ashamed. She couldn’t even look at me.

“These things happen, Sweet'ums. You can’t blame yourself. Wash your mouth to remove anything left, okay?” my sister nodded before facing the sink. While she washed her mouth, I walked towards my girlfriend, who just threw a paper napkin in the bin. The stains were completely gone.

“I’m feeling awful right now, Rarity. If you’re going to yell at me, do it later…”

“I’m not going to scold you, Trixie.” I said with a smile and a soft voice. Trixie was surprised to see my good mood. “You just wanted Sweetie Belle to have fun. I can’t be mad about that.”

“Really?” I nodded, causing my girlfriend to smile. “W-Well, that's true. But after what happened… are we leaving?” When Trixie said the last, I turned my head to look at Sweetie Belle. She was still washing her mouth. Sweetie Belle looked at me. I could clearly see in her eyes that she didn’t want to leave yet. I probably should call it a day, but… I’m not going to do that.

“We’ll leave after two more rides…” My sister grinned and was about to say something when I interrupted her. “But! I’ll choose them.”

“Thank you, thank you!” Sweetie Belle excitedly exclaimed before continuing to wash her mouth, this time with more energy. I watched her until I suddenly felt something on my shoulder. It was Trixie, who laid her head on me. I blushed a little and enjoyed her fondness until Sweetie Belle was done.

I had only one thing in mind when we left the bathroom, and that was to choose a ride where I could be close to Trixie for a little while. That ride was, of course, the ferris wheel. I lead them towards the line, where Trixie finally spoke.

“Good idea. It’s slow, which will prevent further unpleasant surprises.”

“And it offers a wonderful view.” I said, winking at my girlfriend. Trixie blushed and chuckled nervously.

When it was our turn, Trixie boarded the ride first. I was about to sit next to her, but Sweetie Belle walked past me and sat next to her. “Hi, Trixie!” she said with a big grin.

“H-Hi, Sweetie Belle.” Trixie smiled politely, but she was surely feeling as upset as me. I understood that she was still young, but I wish my sister realized Trixie and I wanted to sit together.

“Look! Everything looks beautiful from up here!” Sweetie Belle said once we were on top. Trixie admired the view, until I placed my hand on her leg. She turned her head and saw what I was doing. She smiled at me. Maybe we weren’t on the same seat, but we were still close to each other. While Sweetie Belle was busy looking outside, Trixie took my hand with both of hers and gazed outside to join my sister.


Trixie and I walked out the ferris wheel holding our hands while Sweetie Belle walked in front of us.

“That was so relaxing!” My sister said before turning to look at us. “Just what I needed after my little accident. I’m ready for the last ride!”

“Don’t forget that I’m still choosing the ride.” I said.

“I know! So, where are we going next?”

I looked around and found a bench near the perfect ride. “Actually, you’re going alone on the next ride while Trixie and I rest over there.”

“Really?” Trixie said in a surprised tone. Did she want to go into a ride too? I hit her softly in the stomach with my elbow. “Ow! I mean, yes! We need to rest.” Trixie smiled weirdly.

“Aww… okay. Where do I go? The teacups?!” Sweetie Belle lost her smile and quickly recovered in a matter of seconds.

“Oh, no, no, no, darling. You’re riding that one.” I said as I pointed to the ride next to it.

“The merry go-round?” My sister asked, with a sad tone.

“I’m not risking the possibility of another accident of yours.”

“I’m too big for that one!”

“I’m sure you can still have fun with it.” I said with a smile as I patted her head.

“O-Okay… I guess it’s better than nothing…” Sweetie Belle said, before looking down and slowly walking to the line. Once she was there, I sighed happily and glanced at Trixie, who was not sharing my joy.

“That wasn’t very nice of you…”

“I know, but I want to have some alone time with you. You don’t want me to be selfish?”

“W-Well, when you put it like that…” Trixie blushed lightly. “Let’s enjoy the time we have, then.”

We sat on the bench in which I could see Sweetie Belle from. I gazed my girlfriend into her eyes and smiled. “I can’t help getting lost into your eyes…”

Trixie shared my smiled and held one of my hands. “The feeling is mutual, my gem…”

I giggled and blushed before focusing on her eyes again. It was time to solve the mystery between my girlfriend and my sister. “Trixie-pixie… I have been meaning to ask you…”

“Yes…?”

“I’m really happy that you and my sister get along so well, but… I have been wondering… why did you connect with her so fast? You’re still having problems talking with Sunset.”

“Oh, that…” My girlfriend said before exhaling. “I knew you would ask me sooner or later…”

“Really?” Was she waiting for me to ask? Hmm… then it means that she has a proper answer. “Please, darling, enlighten me.”

“Well… I also wondered the same as you. I always wanted to keep her happy. I didn't know why but one day, it hit me. Sweetie Belle…” Trixie lost her smile and closed her eyes and paused for a moment. Then, she took a deep breath before speaking again. “She… reminds me of… m-me…”

“Of you?” I was puzzled. “I don’t understand…”

“Listen, Rarity, I know I can be a bi-”

Language.” I said firmly.

“Sorry…” Trixie sighed before continuing. It wasn’t the first time I had to stop her before she cursed. I despise those words. “I know I can be… annoying, but, the truth is… I wasn’t always like this.”

“You weren’t?”

“No… when I was younger, I used to be cheerful. I had real friends. Lots of them. Then-“ I gasped, which caused Trixie to stop talking immediately.

“I know what happened… Your brother told me when I found the…”

“Urns…” Trixie finished the phrase for me. “Yeah…” What kind of girlfriend am I?! Why do I keep bringing this subject up?!

“I’m so sorry, Trixie. I didn’t mean to…”

“Don’t worry about it, Rarity. You didn’t know.” Trixie said before glancing at my sister at the distance. “I’m nice to her because she reminds me of when I used to be like her. She’s having the childhood I couldn’t enjoy and I want to keep it that way.”

“Trixie… that’s so kind of you…” My eyes were watering after hearing her words.

“Getting emotional again?” Trixie said as she looked back at me with a smirk.

“Sorry, I can’t help it.” I said, before cleaning my tears with my free hand. “It’s just, you did it on your own. I didn’t teach you to be nice to others.”

“You really thought I was incapable of caring for others?” My girlfriend frowned.

“W-Well, I…” What a poor choice of words I have made…

“You were right. Trixie didn’t care about anyone else but herself and her brother. Of course, that was before I fell in love with you.”

“Aww, Trixie…” I sighed in relief and smiled again.

“You changed my world, Rarity. I will never forget that.”

“It was nothing, really.”

“It was for me.” Trixie said before she placed her other hand on my knee, making me blush madly. “Trixie has a question for you too, if you don’t mind.”

“S-Sure! Ask away.”

“It’s clear that you have no financial problems. Why did you enroll Canterlot High instead of a school with more… class?”

“Oh, that’s a simple question to answer.” I said before scooting a little bit closer to my girlfriend. “I don’t like to brag about my wealth, as you probably noticed.”

“I did.”

“Prestigious schools often make people snobby. Take the Crystal Preparatory Academy, for example. They keep mocking us for their victories on the Friendship Games and make fun of public schools. They think they’re better than anyone just because they have more possessions. I’m not like that. People like that disgust me. They always did. That’s why I told my parents that I wanted to go to a public school, where everyone is nicer. My friends are everything to me. There isn’t a single day I regret my choice.”

“That… really sounds like you. I’m really glad you made that decision. It allowed me to meet you.”

I smiled warmly. “Our first meeting wasn’t the best, but what matters is the present. I’m proud of you, Trixie.”

“R-Really?” I could see my girlfriend flush.

I nodded “Of course. You’re trying to change. You’re nice to my sister and her friends. You became Sunset’s friend and you were kind to Fluttershy when I brought her to you without notice. All those actions made me fall more and more for you. Look at us. We reached our first month together, and I hope to celebrate more months with you.”

“R-Rarity…” Trixie squeezed my leg and I allowed myself to get lost in Trixie’s precious lavender eyes again. I just never got tired of them. We lost track of time admiring each other’s eyes. I didn’t even notice when my sister returned.

“I’m back! Oh, umm…” Sweetie Belle blushed when she saw Trixie and I close to each other, but she kept her smile.

“Sweet’ums! W-We… uhh…” My sister giggled and placed her hands on her back.

“Now I see why you wanted to get rid of me.”

“That’s an awful way to put it…” I felt ashamed since Sweetie Belle was not wrong.

“It’s okay. You could just have told me and I would have understood.” My sister said with a grin. Now I felt stupid.

“Well, since you’re back…” Trixie spoke. “It’s time, to go.”

“Aww…” Sweetie Belle pouted.

“I’m afraid Trixie’s right, darling. We have to finish packing.” I said as Trixie and I stood up. “Come on, let’s go.”

Sweetie Belle took Trixie’s hand and mine. She walked between us the way back home. My girlfriend and I glanced at each other and smiled warmly. I’m really going to miss her. At least I can still call her and send her text messages whenever I’m able to. I’ll make sure to send her photos too. But I’m worried about her. What will Trixie do while I’m gone? I hope she keeps trying to be a better friend with Sunset.

Author's Note:

Oh, Sweetie Belle! You’re lucky to be adorable :rainbowkiss:

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and the fine artwork I commissioned specially for this story! :pinkiehappy:

I want to thank zalla661 for revising this chapter before its release! :twilightsmile:

Here you can see an artwork of Rarity and Trixie's romantic moment :raritywink: