• Published 25th Jan 2017
  • 3,739 Views, 547 Comments

The Mysteries of Love - MysteriousStranger



Trixie has had feelings for a certain generous girl for some time, and she's tired of them. Will she be able to throw her pride away and talk to her crush?

  • ...
12
 547
 3,739

Uneasy Conversation

Trixie's P.O.V.

What?! Why? Huh?! I thought I have made myself clear to Rarity when I asked her to keep our relationship a secret. She said she understood. This isn't understanding! What is she doing?! Why is she here with one of her friends?! Why did she reveal our secret to her?! Rarity, she was trying her best to smile, but I could see she was worried. As she should be! I wanted to yell at her! To be furious at her! That's what surprised me. I wanted to.

But I wasn't.

I was mostly shocked, but deep inside me I still trusted Rarity. Before anything, I needed to let her explain herself. I closed the door behind me and took a few steps forward. Rarity's friend quickly hid behind her, where she peeked over her shoulder.

"Y-You're dating her...? Why...? She hasn't been nice to us. Sh-She's mean!"

"Well..." Rarity looked at me again. She didn't say anything else, but her face spoke by itself. She wanted support. I sighed and walked closer to them. When Rarity's friend noticed, she stopped peeking and started to shake. She was terrified of me.

"Because sometimes the unpredictable happens," I said sternly, after standing right in front of Rarity and her friend. I tried to make eye contact with the later, but she was still hiding behind my girlfriend's back. "Come out. Let's get face to face." Rarity glared at me and softly hit me on my head. "Ouch! What was that for?!"

"Be more polite!" Rarity was visibly angry. She was daring. After doing something that could have made me furious, she still took control of the situation. I will have a word or two with her in private later, but for now, I'll play along. Polite... it's not easy for me to be kind to others, with a very few exceptions. I'll try to use a phrase I heard from a videogame I started to play recently.

"W-Would you... k-kindly reveal yourself? Tri... I wish to engage into an exchange of words with you." Rarity hit her own forehead with one of her hands. Maybe I overdid a little. However, my words seemed to work. Rarity's friend partially revealed herself, and for the first time, we made eye contact. She was still shaking. I tried to smile to her, but judging by Rarity's expression, I failed miserably to do so. "H-Hi..." I spoke between my teeth. "Umm... Fluttershy, right...?" Rarity's friend nodded slowly. "Okay... uh... n-nice name...?"

Rarity huffed loudly. "What Trixie is trying to say-" She said, turning her head to look at her friend. "is that it's nice to finally meet you."

"But I already knew her-" Rarity glared at me again, frowning. She scared me, but I remained calm... mostly.

"As I was saying..." My girlfriend returned her sight on her friend again. "Fluttershy, she's not going to hurt you in any way. Trust me."

The timid girl hesitated, but Fluttershy eventually left her cover. She still didn't look convinced. She was holding her own hands and avoided my gaze. "Uh... uhh..." I was patient. It's not like I could walk away without damaging my relationship with Rarity. I had to repress a groan. She opened and closed her mouth several times. It took her a while to form a single word. "H-Hello..." She still refused to look at me.

Rarity took a step forward and placed a hand on her friend's shoulder before speaking. "Darling, you're clearly uncomfortable right now. I won't push you any longer. I'm taking you home."

Rarity and her friend started to walk away, but Fluttershy stood still after a few steps. "W-Wait..." She turned and looked at me, before focusing her sight on Rarity. "I-I want to know..."

"Yes, dear?" Rarity asked while Fluttershy glanced at me again.

" I'm confused. She has been unfriendly with us..."

"Like Trixie said, sometimes, the unpredictable happens." Rarity said with a smile.

"Listen..." I took a step forward, startling Fluttershy. "I was not prepared to receive one of Rarity's friends, and I seriously hope this doesn't happen again." I glared at my girlfriend with a frown, causing her to get worried, before concentrating on Fluttershy again. "It can't be undone, but I'll try to tell you a little about our relationship, but only a little. I don't like when people know too much about my personal life. That's why I push everyone away. At least until..." I blushed and couldn't continue. I just couldn't keep talking to her. It was making me uncomfortable. Fortunately, Rarity noticed and joined in.

"I took risks when I brought you here, Fluttershy. Trixie doesn't want to reveal our relationship yet. I would appreciate if you don't tell anyone. You have to trust me. I wouldn't be with her if she was despicable. We're in love, truly in love. Darling, you have an opportunity. I could use every word in existence to describe the joy of being in a relationship and I still couldn't give it justice. Take the leap. I can assure you that you won't regret it."

I had no clue about what Rarity meant with that speech, but her friend was processing it. She listened to every word, and nodded. Then, Fluttershy glanced at me. "G-Goodbye..." She started to walk away.

Rarity opened her arms and walked towards me, intending to give me a hug. However I crossed my arms and took a step back. "You know I won't let this slide. I need to have a word with you, now."

My girlfriend dropped her arms and sighed. "Alright... just, let me walk Fluttershy to her home first." I nodded at her and watched her leave with her friend. I can't let her know that I'm not mad about it or else she might do it again. Once they were out of sight, I walked back into the apartment complex to wait for Rarity.


I glanced at the clock. It has been a while since Rarity and her friend stopped by. She didn't text me nor call me. I wonder if she escaped from me? No. She wouldn't. She knows that would only bring more problems. I got tired of browsing on the Web, so I jumped into the couch to watch T.V. I tuned in the news.

"In other news, the authorities just confirmed that the body found by fishermen at the pacific ocean belongs to Timber, the boy reported missing by his sister a month ago when he went diving near the town of..." I stopped paying attention to the T.V. and, instead, pulled out my cell phone to play games. But I couldn't play much. The battery was about to run out. I stood up and plugged my phone to charge the battery. Just as I did so, I received a text from my girlfriend.

'I'm outside, alone this time.'

I didn't reply the text. I walked out of my room, grabbed my keys and headed downstairs to open the door. I allowed Rarity in and closed the door again. She shyly waved at me. I remained expressionless when I raised my hand, asking for silence. She stopped waving and held her own arm, staring at the floor. She followed me to the elevator and I pressed the button to go to the last floor and laid my back on the wall. Rarity tried to make eye contact with me, but I ignored her.

Avoiding her gaze was the most difficult thing I had to do in my life. Her sapphire eyes are beautiful. If I stare into them, I wouldn't be able to avoid to smile. I can't give in. Avoiding her eyes wasn't the only thing that was killing me. Her aroma was delicious. She was using a brand of perfume I adored. Being locked in the elevator made it impossible not to smell it. My body was starting to heat up. My heart was racing. Then again, it always raced whenever she was around.

I felt like if an eternity passed before we reached my floor and I could open the elevator's door. I allowed Rarity to walk through first before I walked out and closed the doors. I grabbed my keys again and walked to my apartment to open the door, closing it after both me and Rarity were inside. I looked at her. She smiled slightly at me before looking around. "Everything's clean... I'm impressed."

"To my room." I said, pointing at the corridor while I tried my best to stay serious. Rarity nodded, losing her smile, and walked towards my room. Once we were both inside, I closed the door and turned off the T.V before facing her. She had her hands on her back, and her eyes fixed on me. "Listen, Rarity, what you did was very risky, and you know it."

"Y-Yes, I know. But I had no choice!"

"What do you mean?" I was genuinely curious about her answer.

"Trixie, I swear it won't happen again, but Fluttershy... she's my best friend! I despise keeping secrets from her. Plus, as you might have noticed, she's very timid and gets easily upset. When she learned that I was keeping a secret from her it saddened her. It was breaking my heart to see her like that, so, I brought her here. I can assure she won't tell anyone, and all I told her is that Sunset, my sister and her friends are the only ones who know, besides herself of course. Nothing else."

I opened my mouth and raised my finger to scold her, but I had no words. She had a good reason. My trust wasn't misplaced after all. She's an amazing person, and she makes it look so easy. I wish I could be more like her. "You got some nerve." I was finally able to say something. "We just made up, Rarity. What if I didn't care about your reasons to expose our relationship to someone else?"

Rarity nodded and dropped her head, before slowly rising it again. "Wait... so... you're not mad?"

I sighed and shook my head before smiling. "No, but don't even think about doing it again."

"I-I won't! You have my word!"

"Good." I opened my arms to her. She grinned and ran towards me, placing her arms around my neck while I placed mine around her waist. I would give anything just to be able to embrace her forever. I will never grow tired of burying my face on her hair. After a long while, we moved our heads to stare at each other's eyes. "One thing, though..."

"What?"

"Trixie demands a refund."

"A refund?" Rarity was clearly confused. "What for?"

"You know why. That good luck kiss of yours didn't work."

"Oh..." She giggled. "I'm sorry, darling. I'll give you a refund, later." I smiled. "I'm here. What do you want to do?"

"How about if we watch a movie? I have DVDs over there."

"And I can pick any movie I want?"

"Sure! Suit yourself." While Rarity looked for a movie, I sat on the couch to wait.

"So, you're not sad for losing the final anymore?"

"Your friend distracted me. I forgot all about it until you reminded me."

"Oops, sorry..."

I laughed softly. "It's alright. I was mostly shocked, but it passed. I had fun."

"I'm glad to hear it. One never must forget to have fun. It's just a game, after all."

"Yeah, I know. What about your sister and her friends? How's their homework going?"

"They're actually invested on it. I'm sure they will pass this exposition. Well, well, what do we have here...?"

"Huh?" I turned my head to see my girlfriend.

"You have Glisney movies? Glisney and Bixar?"

"Oh..." I blushed deeply. I forgot about those. "Y-Yeah..."

"That's cute. I have a few of these myself. Sweetie Belle adores them."

"Y-You're not embarrassed that I like kids movies...?"

"Of course not!" Rarity smiled at me. "They're good animation movies. I don't see a problem with you enjoying them. Anyone is allowed to enjoy cartoons, either shows or movies. In fact, we'll watch one of these movies. I love this one, The Beauty and the Draconequus. I always found the name weird, but I still adore the movie."

"I'm so relieved to hear that. Put it in the DVD then."

Rarity walked towards the T.V. My DVD was on top of it. I connected the device and she put the disk inside. I took the remote control and we sat on the couch. I turned on the T.V. and played the movie before setting the remote aside. As the movie started, I stretched my arms and placed one on the crest rail behind Rarity. She looked at me with a smug smile. "Seriously? You're doing the move on me? Darling, that's so old." I chuckled nervously and blushed.

"What can I say? I like old school." Rarity shook her head, still with a smile on her face, before laying her head on my chest. My jaw dropped as I stared down at her.

"You're lucky that you're pretty."

I blushed harder. "Y-You think that I'm pretty?"

"You sound surprised." Rarity said as she raised her head to look at me.

"It's just... hearing it from you is... well, it..."

"Yes...?" She said, as she leaned closer to my face.

"I-It..." I cleared my throat. It was getting very hot in here. "It... fills me with joy."

My girlfriend shaped her mouth into an 'O' before smiling. "What if I told you that I always thought you were pretty."

I think that by this point Rarity could hear my heartbeat from how much it was pounding. "Really? Even before becoming friends?"

She nodded. "Yes. I disliked you, but you always knew how to maintain your looks."

I smiled and placed my arms around her neck and my head on her shoulder. "Trixie is... pleased to hear it." I felt how she kissed me on my head. I no longer cared that I lost the final volleyball match. I didn't care that Rarity told someone else about our relationship. All I cared was that I was snuggling against the girl of my dreams, watching a good movie.


We remained holding each other through the entire movie. Even after the movie ended, I refused to remove my head from Rarity's shoulder. Sadly, she stood up when her cell phone rang. I huffed sadly as I moved aside.

"I'm sorry, darling. I need to pick this up." She said before answering her phone. "Hello, Applejack... they said they're done for the day?..." She glanced at the clock. "Yes, they really worked hard indeed. They can rest until tomorrow... I'm not home now, but I'm on my way. Thank you so much, Applejack. You're a true sweetheart!" she hang up shortly after saying the last and looked at me. "I'm..."

"Sorry. Yes I know. At least we could watch a movie with no interruptions."

"Yes. It was fun, wasn't it?"

"It was." We smiled at each other and I stood up. "I'll walk you to the door." We headed towards the front door. I opened it and Rarity walked out. She turned to see me one last time.

"I'm proud of you."

I blinked a few times, confused. "What for?"

"You managed to force yourself to clean. Your brother will be happy when he comes back."

"Oh, that!" I chuckled. "It's all shining and clear of bugs. Dust is easier to get rid of. Speaking of my brother, I'll visit him tomorrow. He asked me to let him know about the final match today."

"Send him my regards. I'll spend the day with my friends. Also, Sunset comes back tomorrow afternoon, so, we'll get ready to receive her. I'm excited to know all about her trip to her world!"

"Right, uhh... I'll see you on Monday, then." I hid my interest on Sunset Shimmer's return. Why did I care? I mean, I don't care about her much, but it was enough to watch her leave this morning. I hope Rarity didn't see me. I tried my best to remain hidden. Ugh, I hate this! Seriously, why do I care about her?!

"Trixie?"

"Huh?" I got lost in my thoughts. I don't know for how long, but my girlfriend seemed to be worried. "Sorry, did you say something?"

"I said that I have something important to ask you."

"Oh? Yeah, sure. Anything. I'm all ears."

"Trixie..." Rarity took a deep breath before continuing. "There's someone else I want to tell about our relationship..."

"Rarity, I thought I was clear..."

"Just hear me out, please...!"

I sighed and crossed my arms. I nodded to let her know she could continue. What is she up to now? At least this time she was asking for my permission.

"Trixie, I know it hasn't been long since we started dating, b-but... I'm very happy as of now."

A smile automatically appeared across my face. "I'm also very happy." I was feeling blissful, but something was fishy about her nervousness...

Rarity smiled as she blushed noticeably. "R-Right... darling, I'm sure that I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway. You want a serious relationship with me, right?"

The question was a surprise. I lost my smile for a few moments. When I recovered my smile, I took Rarity by her hands and stood close to her. "Of course I'm looking for something serious. I told you, I have been crazy about you for almost half a year. An adventure is not enough for me. Trixie wants the full experience."

"M-My gosh..." It seems like my girlfriend was at a loss of words. She remained staring into my eyes for who knows how long, until I spoke again.

"So, who do you want to introduce me to next?"

"I-I... huh? Oh! Right!" Rarity fluttered her eyelids several times. Her face became red as a tomato. I smirked, knowing that she couldn't resist Trixie's charm. "Darling, I-I..."

"Yes...?"

Rarity took a deep breath before speaking again. "I w-want to introduce you to my parents..."

I lost my smile and confidence. H-Her parents?!

Author's Note:

Hey, hey, hey! Here's another chapter fresh from the oven! :pinkiehappy:

Trixie, admit it, Sunset got to you. Say it out loud, she's your friend! :rainbowkiss:

I want to thank zalla661 for revising this chapter before its release :pinkiesmile: