• Published 25th Jan 2017
  • 3,733 Views, 547 Comments

The Mysteries of Love - MysteriousStranger



Trixie has had feelings for a certain generous girl for some time, and she's tired of them. Will she be able to throw her pride away and talk to her crush?

  • ...
12
 547
 3,733

Gambling

Rarity's P.O.V.

I still couldn't believe that I neglected my feelings for so long. Making contact with Trixie's lips felt... incredible. I was very good at hiding my emotions. In reality, I was really nervous and scared to kiss her. But in the end, I gave in. As soon as I felt her lips on mine, my body reacted and I kissed her. It was my first kiss. Not just my first kiss with Trixie, it was my first kiss ever! I thought that I would at least go on a date before giving my first kiss, but Trixie has changed my plans. It was hard to explain, but, I felt a connection with her.

It must be because of all the time I spent with her. She wasn't just someone I met and asked out on the same day. We had a history. We disliked each other, then, we started to spend time together. We became good friends and now... we became something more. Yes, that must be it. A romance born from friendship makes the bond far stronger than asking out someone you barely know.

I didn't even care that her breath was terrible. What did she eat at lunch? It didn't matter. I opened my eyes to see her while we kissed. Her compliments on my looks got to my heart. Her feelings were so pure.

I don't know how much time passed before we pulled away. She stared at the floor. Was she too embarrassed to look at me? I rested my forehead on hers and she eventually moved her eyes to gaze into mine. It's the first time I saw her this happy. I adored the way she smiled. I must do whatever it takes to keep her cheerful.

"Th-That was... uhh..." Trixie was still perplexed. I found it too cute to handle.

"Amazing." I had to complete her phrase.

"Yeah... yes, it was." Trixie's smile widened and we both looked down at our hands. I just realized we were still holding each other's hands. I squeezed them before focusing my eyes on Trixie again. I wish I could just hold her hands all day.

But I had to return home before my sister did. She will come with her friends and will need supervision. Trixie was still gazing at me lovingly. I'm sorry...

"It was great to see your brother. Shall we go?"

"Yes. U-Umm... I-I'm going to follow Clementine's advice. A-Are you busy today? Maybe we can do something..."

"I'm sorry, darling, but I must go home. My sister and her friends are coming and I must watch over them."

"Oh... okay... I understand..." Trixie looked down in disappointment. It made me feel slightly guilty. I placed two of my fingers on her chin to meet her eyes again.

"Don't worry. Tomorrow's Saturday. We can do something after your Volleyball match. I miss rooting for you."

Trixie's mood changed in a blink of an eye. "Okay! I'll be happy to see you at the stadium again! I will definitely need my cheerleader!"

I giggled softly and blushed. We proceeded to walk down the stairs while still holding one of Trixie's hands. There's no way I'm letting it go just yet.


"Trixie, darling, nervous about tomorrow's match?" We were half way from my house. I was starting to feel sad since we would soon part ways.

"Me, Trixie, nervous? Ha! Of course not! There's no way my team will lose with me!"

"Oh, really?" I glared at Trixie. Her smirk disappeared and avoided my gaze.

"Trixie might be... a little terrified."

"A little?"

"Fine! More than a little." She sighed. I have never seen her like this.

"Is this the first time you're genuinely nervous about an event?"

My girlfriend remained silent for a little while. I wasn't going to pressure her to give me an answer. "A-Actually... no. I have felt like this before. During the Battle of the Bands, for example. It just turns out I'm very good at hiding it to anyone I don't care about. I knew I was skilled with my guitar, but I also knew I wasn't the only one."

"Oh, Trixie... thank you for sharing this with me..." She smiled and looked at me.

"Funny, isn't it? I'm usually very reserved. But you know a personal and sensitive thing about me, and still, you never confronted me about it. You avoided the subject. You know how hard it is for me to trust anyone but my brother and sister in-law. I'm proud to say that I trust you. I know that anything personal I tell you will remain between us."

"Absolutely. I would never do anything to hurt you."

"Good." She stopped walking and hugged me. "Because Trixie dislikes being mad at you."

I flushed and smiled before returning the hug. "You scare me when you're angry."

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it."

I giggled and looked at her. We have done this many times now, but I never got tired of admiring her eyes up close. "Get rid of that smug grin of yours. Just because you can scare me, doesn't mean that I'll remain silent. If I have something to say, I'll make you listen, you want it or not."

"I have been warned." Trixie pulled me closer. She never stopped staring at me with lovey-dovey eyes. The temperature in my body was rising. However, my heart sank when I looked around. We were only two blocks away from my house, which meant, it was time to say goodbye. Trixie followed my gaze and noticed the same thing. "Fridge..."

"I'm sorry, darling. I'm afraid this is it."

"..." My girlfriend was too sad to speak.

"It will only be until tomorrow."

"I know... but I wish we could spend more time together."

"Summer is only a few weeks away. We'll have more time then."

Trixie recovered her good mood. "You're right! I finally have a reason to look forward to it."

"And don't forget that you owe me a date."

"I-I owe you?" Trixie released the embrace and crossed her arms. "Why don't you ask me out?"

"I, am a lady, Trixie Lulamoon." I said as I placed a hand on my chest. "Ladies don't ask out first. They're asked."

"Do ladies make demands?"

"I gave you permission to kiss me on the lips. It's your turn to do something nice for me."

Trixie sighed and unfolded her arms. "Alright, fine." Her frown was replaced for a smile in an instant. "I shall ask you out when I find a proper place for our first date."

"I would appreciate if it's before Summer."

"Don't pressure me!" Trixie tried to sound angry, but her smile gave her away. I giggled and grabbed her face with a hand to shake her head playfully.

"I'm just kidding. I'll be patient. Now, I don't want to get rid of you, but Applejack will bring Sweetie Belle and her friends soon, and..."

"I know, but could you do one thing for me before I go?"

"What is it?"

"Can I have another kiss?"

"Oh?" I blushed and opened my mouth in a shape of an 'O'. But I quickly recovered and smirked. "I already gave you one. Don't abuse."

"Aww, don't be mean! Just one more. Please!"

"No." I decided to play hard. I crossed my arms and turned around.

"Rarity, come on! Don't turn your back on me! Alright, alright, no kiss. Just let Trixie see your face one more time."

I slowly turned around to face my girlfriend. My cheeks were on fire. "Trixie... I... okay, alright. One kiss."

Trixie's pout changed into a grin. She closed her eyes and pursed her lips. But instead, I kissed her nose. "Hey!"

"You weren't specific on where you wanted the kiss. Goodbye, darling. I'll see you tomorrow."

I saw how Trixie puffed her cheeks in anger before starting to walk towards my house. I stopped on the other side of the road to look at her one last time. She was still on the same spot. I blew a kiss at her and she smiled. I then continued towards my house. Applejack could arrive any minute, if she didn't already.


"There ya go! Ah appreciate yer help. Mah brother and ah have a lot to do." Applejack said while Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo ran inside the house, expressing joy with laughs.

"Don't mention it, darling. I'm always happy to keep an eye on them."

"Ah'm noticin' ya with a good mood. Did yer mother and uncle make up?"

"Oh...?" The question took me by surprise. For a moment, I forgot about the lie I told my friends. "Oh! Yes. It seems like a near death experience makes anyone think. My mother is in a good mood, so I'm in a good mood." I smiled and Applejack placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Ah'm glad to hear it. Ah mean, not the part with one of yer relatives bein' in hospital. Just the part that the problem got solved. We were really worried 'bout you. Ah have never seen you so down."

"Well, it's just that despite my mother works most of the time, we're still close. I don't like seeing her upset. And my uncle, he and my mother were always in good terms. I guess I'm not used seeing them fight."

"Ah can relate to that. Mah family also has a strong bond. No matter what, we always support each other."

"Exactly."

Applejack was about to say something else, but Big Mac pressed the horn. "Oh, ah'm sorry, sugarcube, but ah have to go."

"I understand. Don't overdo yourself."

My friend chuckled. "Ah'll try not to. See ya later!"

I waved at Applejack as she entered her pick up and watched them leave before entering my house. It was silent. Too silent. "Girls?! Where are you?"

"We're in my room, sis!" I was relieved to hear my sister's voice. I walked upstairs, to her room, to check on them.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I opened the door.

"We have an exposition next week, and we're tryin' to decide what to do it 'bout." Apple Bloom was the one to reply.

"Were you given options or you're free to pick?"

"We're free to choose." Scootaloo spoke. "We were given this task yesterday and we still don't know what to do."

"Hmm, let's see." I closed the door behind me. "Any ideas of what will the other groups in your class do?"

"I heard a group wants to talk about different kind of jobs. Another group will talk about different countries and their cultures." Sweetie Belle said.

"Let me see..." I placed a hand on my chin to think. "Since you're free to choose, I say you shouldn't pick anything too hard for you." I took my phone to try to gather ideas, when I saw a photo of me and Fluttershy. Suddenly, something came to my mind. "Wait, ideaaaaa!" I raised a finger into the air. "You should interview Fluttershy! She's a volunteer in an animal shelter. You can talk about different types of pets and give recommendations about which one get according to everyone's taste!"

My sister and her friends gasped in awe. "Of course!" Apple Bloom confidently said.

"How didn't we think that before?! It's a great idea!" Scootaloo was the one to speak this time.

"Thank you, sis! We can research a little now and go to the shelter tomorrow!" Sweetie Belle said as she gave me a hug. While I hugged her back, I saw how Scootaloo sat on the computer to start investigating.

"I'm glad to help you. Work hard to get a good grade, okay?"

"We will!" The three girls exclaimed at the same time.

I giggled. "I'll bring you juice for you while you prepare your exposition. Which ones will you want?"

"Apple!" Apple Bloom said.

"Orange!" Scootaloo called.

"Can't it be cola?" My sister said, with a pout.

"No, Sweetie Belle. It's not healthy to drink cola all the time. You'll drink juice."

"But..."

"No buts. What juice do you want?"

Sweetie Belle sighed. "Orange..."

"Okay. I'll be right back." I left the room and walked downstairs, to the kitchen. I opened the fridge to look for the juices. We had many flavors of them, but I only needed orange and apple. When I was pouring the juice in the glasses, my phone vibrated and played a notification tone. I placed the juices back in the fridge and put the glasses on a tray before checking my new message. A blush was inevitable when I read the text. It was from Trixie.

'Trixie wanted to remind you how beautiful you are, but she's still mad about the kiss! 😔'

I laughed softly and wrote a reply.

'Thank you. Maybe Trixie should be patient with kisses and not ask for them. Are you home, yet? 😊'

Trixie replied a few seconds after I sent the text.

'Almost. I'll let you know when I'm inside.'

'Okay! ❤'

I kissed the screen and sent the text. Moments later, Trixie replied with a blushing face. I smiled. "I need to personalize her ringtone. Let's see... I know! I'll choose the song I was hearing when I accepted my feelings." I also chose a different notification sound to know she's the one texting me as soon as I receive her message before placing my phone back in my pocket again. I then took the tray with glasses and carefully walked upstairs. When I arrived to Sweetie Belle's door, I used my foot to knock on it and waited until the door opened.

"Sweet! I'm thirsty!" Scootaloo exclaimed as soon as she saw me. She moved aside and allowed me to walk in. Once inside, my sister and her friends took their glasses and started to drink.

"Ouch, brain freeze!" Sweetie Belle yelled as she rubbed her forehead.

"Darling! How many times do I have to tell you to take your time with cold drinks?"

"Ouch, me too!" Scootaloo rubbed her own head too. I sighed.

"Why do you have to rush it? Try to enjoy the drink. Be like Apple Bloom. She's not-" I stopped midsentence when I saw that Apple Bloom also started to rub her forehead. "Never mind..." I waited until they stopped rubbing their foreheads before speaking again. "How's your exposition going?"

"We're excited!" Sweetie Belle said as she lead me to her computer. "Your idea was excellent! We found more than enough information for our homework! We'll try to make a summary of a few animals before visiting Fluttershy this weekend."

"That was fast. I only left for five minutes."

"We told you we were excited!" Scootaloo said enthusiastically. "At this rate, we'll have our exposition ready by Monday!"

"That's wonderful! I'm glad to hear it." As soon as I finished speaking, I received a text message. The sound meant it was from Trixie. I pulled out my phone to read her message.

'I'm home 😁'

The text was simple, but it still got a smile out of me.

"What is it? A text from my sister in-law?" Sweetie Belle asked with a smug grin.

"S-Sweetie Belle!" I flushed noticeably.

My sister must have seen it, because she started to jump excitedly. "It is! It is!"

"Sweetie Belle told us the news. Congratulations!" Apple Bloom spoke.

"Thank you, Apple Bloom." I smiled at Applejack's sister, but I noticed that Scootaloo had her arms crossed. She looked annoyed.

"Yeah, whatever. Can we return to our exposition, please?"

"Yes, okay..." Sweetie Belle was visibly upset, and Apple Bloom glared angrily at Scootaloo, but the latter had her arms crossed and her eyes closed. I decided not to say anything else. I picked up the glasses and returned downstairs, to the kitchen to wash the dishes. Poor Sweetie Belle. Her mood was just destroyed by one of her friends, and I didn't feel right scolding her for it.


Saturday morning arrived. It was time for Sunset to visit her world. I promised Sweetie Belle and her friends that I would take them with Fluttershy after Trixie's match. I, of course, called my best friend through the phone to let her know that I would visit her with company. She accepted, but I noticed sadness on her voice. We were all gathered by the portal in our high school, and I could see that it wasn't my imagination. Fluttershy was, indeed, upset about something.

"I'm glad you're all here to say goodbye to me. It really means a lot." Sunset said. She was smiling warmly and gazed at each of us.

"There's no way we would miss this, sugarcube." Applejack spoke. "We want to wish you a nice weekend."

"I will sure miss you, Sunset!" Pinkie Pie said. "I thought you would help me to take care of the Cakes' twins."

"I know, and I'm sorry, Pinkie. I'll make it up to you." Sunset said.

"Pinky Promise?"

"Pinky Promise."

Pinkie Pie grinned and Rainbow Dash took a step forward.

"Make sure to send Twilight our regards, okay?"

"I will, Rainbow, don't worry." Sunset said with a nod before looking at Fluttershy. She walked towards our shy friend and stopped right in front of her. "Fluttershy..." My best friend slowly raised her head. "I want you to take care of Ray." Sunset added before taking her faux leather jacket off. "The key of my apartment is in one of the pockets."

"I-I'll make sure he sees the jacket. I'll show him photos of you so he doesn't forget you..." Fluttershy said as she took the jacket.

"Thank you..." Sunset smiled lightly at Fluttershy, but the latter looked away, very upset.

"Why so sentimental? It's only a weekend!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Shh!" I had to silence my athletic friend. She had no manners.

"I keep his food in a mini fridge next to the table where his cage is." Sunset continued, completely ignoring Rainbow Dash.

"Okay..." Fluttershy kept avoiding Sunset's gaze. The later sighed and looked at me.

"Take care of her."

"I will." I said, smiling softly. While Sunset returned to where she was before, I glanced at our friends. They were all confused by the scene they just witnessed.

"It's time to go. Goodbye, everyone. I'll see you tomorrow at dusk."

Our friends were still speechless. Before Sunset walked through the portal, I saw her smiling at the distance. I followed her gaze and spotted Trixie just before she hid. I was happy to see that she showed up, even after claiming that she can't stand Sunset.

Me and my friends waved at our friend as she walked through the portal. She was gone. My friends said goodbye to each other and left. Only Fluttershy remained. She didn't move from her spot.

"Fluttershy, darling..." My best friend hugged Sunset's jacket. The problem became obvious to me now. "You're sad because she's gone..."

Fluttershy nodded slowly before looking at me. "I-I..."

I placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's normal that you miss her., but she’ll be back before you know it."

"..."

“I'll walk you home.”

"N-No. Let's go to Sunset's apartment. I-I want to check on Ray now..."

"Okay." I texted Trixie to tell her to go home to get ready for her match on the way to Sunset's home. I hope Fluttershy returns to her own self when she sees the gecko.


Fluttershy seemed to be slightly better after I dropped her at Sunset's, so I felt free to leave her alone while she was talking to Ray. I headed home to pick up Sweetie Belle and her friends and went to the stadium where the volleyball match was going to take place. Scootaloo was carrying a backpack since I was going to take them to see Fluttershy at the animal shelter after the match, like I said I would yesterday.

"This is so exciting! I can't believe Trixie made it to the final on her very first tournament!" Sweetie Belle said with enthusiasm.

"Ah'm curious myself. Ah have never seen a game of volleyball before." Apple Bloom said, borrowing a little of Sweetie Belle's zeal.

"I don't know why I agreed to come. Spending part of my Saturday in the same building as Trixie isn't my idea of fun."

"Scootaloo, please, at least try?" Sweetie Belle said. "You'll see how nice she is if only you gave her a chance."

"Give me a reason I should." The annoyance in Scootaloo's voice was clear as day.

"My sis is dating her. She would never date a malicious person. Besides, I have seen Trixie's good side. She's amazing!"

"Ah'll back up Sweetie Belle on this one, Scoots." Apple Bloom joined the conversation. "Ah have seen Trixie bein' kind."

Scootaloo glared at me. I felt like if I should say something, but what? "I..." I cleared my throat. I think I know what to say so yesterday's scene doesn't repeat again. "Scootaloo, you have the right to be doubtful. When Trixie first asked me to be her friend, I was suspicious as well. But I saw she wasn't intending to trick me. I started to trust her completely after she helped me to pass an exam I had difficulties with. She could have easily sabotaged my studies, but she didn't. She made sure I was ready for the exam. She slowly welcomed me into her life. It's impossible for me to see her as a ruffian anymore."

"But why keeping it a secret? Why isn't she kind to everyone?" Scootaloo's annoyance disappeared. She was just confused now.

"Because... she's not ready. It's not easy for her to embrace a new identity. She has been unkind for years. I'm the exception because she has feelings for me. Love can make wonders to people. But she's getting there. She's kind to Sweetie Belle too. And I'm sure she likes you two as well." I looked at both Apple Bloom and Scootaloo. Applejack's sister nodded, with a smile on her face. I wasn't worried about her. Scootaloo, on the other hand, was still unsure. "Give her an opportunity, Scootaloo. Trust me, you won't regret it."

Scootaloo, still with her arms crossed, sighed. "I-I'll try. But could you at least not to talk about her too much when I'm around? If I hear another cheesy comment about romance, I'm going to throw up."

I giggled. "Noted, dear."

It seems that it worked. The mood changed after my talk with Scootaloo. She was excited about the match now. Maybe not as much as Sweetie Belle or Apple Bloom, but at least she was trying.

Sweetie Belle and her friends talked about other subjects until we arrived to the stadium the match was going to be held. There were more spectators than usual, but it wasn't really crowded. I immediately glanced at the court and relaxed when I saw that no players could be seen. We arrived just in time.

"Let's sit over there! Right in the middle!" Sweetie Belle called and she and her friends were off.

"Girls! Wait!" They didn't listen to me. I sighed loudly and walked to where they sat. "You almost smashed into some people. Don't run off like that without a warning!"

"Sorry, sis! But these are good seats and I didn't want us to lose them." My little sister was grinning. I knew for a fact that it wasn't the last time she was going to do it.

"Are you going to sit, or what?" Scootaloo spoke.

"Not now. I want to see Trixie before the game starts. Promise me that you'll stay put here, okay?"

"We won't move. Promise!" Apple Bloom said. I smiled at them and walked away to look for the dressing room Trixie's team was in. I found it within a few minutes. I overheard a male voice talking to them. I have never heard him before, but he was giving a motivational speech. Was he the coach? It had to be. His speech was very similar to the ones Hazelnut gave. I laid my back on the wall and waited until he finished speaking. I heard footsteps approaching fast and The Phoenix Wings ran past me. Trixie wasn't with them.

"Excuse me." I was focusing my attention on the team, so I didn't notice when a man stood next to me. He was overweight, but was no near obese. He also had a moustache and was wearing a hat. "Are you looking for something?"

"Dad, she's friends with our latest recruit." Hazelnut said as she stepped aside to become visible. I didn't notice she was standing next to the man.

"Is that so?" The man changed his expression from confusion to a smile. "She's still inside, getting changed."

"You can go in. She's only putting her sneakers on. But remember, the match is starting soon."

"I'll be quick. Thank you." Hazelnut and her father headed to the court while I walked into the dressing room. Just like Hazelnut said, I found Trixie sitting on one of the benches, already wearing the team's uniform, tying up her sneakers. She didn't comb her hair into a ponytail yet. I smiled and laid sideways on the wall, using my shoulder to support me as I crossed my arms and legs. I kept seeing her differently. I really like the way her uniform suited her. If only I could just stare at her, but I was told not to take long. "Need help?"

Trixie gasped and turned her head towards me. "Rarity!" She grinned and stood up. However, when she was walking towards me, she got her foot stuck into the legs of the bench she was sitting on and fell to the floor. "Ouch!"

"Trixie!" I rushed towards her, knelt down and offered my hand to help her.

"Fridge, that hurt!" My girlfriend complained before taking my hand.

"Maybe you should pay more attention where are you stepping on, darling." I helped her to stand up, but we remained holding our hands.

"I-I wasn't expecting you to show up in here..."

"I ran into Hazelnut and her father. They told me it was fine."

"Yeah. You haven't met him before. He's our coach. He recovered from his sickness a few weeks ago."

"He seems nice. I'm sure he's impressed with you."

"His jaw almost dropped into the floor when he saw my performance."

I laughed softly. "It was only natural." Trixie blushed. She was gazing deeply into my eyes, and so I was with hers. I looked back, to the exit and remembered that there wasn't much time left before the match started. "The game is about to start, so I'll have to make it quick."

"Make what quick? What are yo- Mmph!" Without giving her a warning, I wrapped my arms around her neck and kissed her on the lips. I closed my eyes as soon as our lips made contact, but I'm sure that Trixie kept hers open for a few moments since I caught her off guard. Not long after starting the kiss, I felt how she placed her arms around my waist and pulled me closer. My heart was racing again. My second kiss with Trixie was just as good as the first one. Nothing around us mattered. Right now, it was just her and me. I forgot where we were until one of us pulled out. I opened my eyes and rested my forehead into Trixie's. She took her time to open hers. When she did so, I touched her nose with mine and smiled at her. "Th-That... wow... I mean... wow..."

"Call it a good luck kiss, darling. Give them all you got."

Trixie seemed lost for a moment or two, but she eventually overcame the shock and nodded confidently. "You can count on it." She started to run, but I called her.

"Trixie, wait!" My girlfriend stopped immediately and turned around. I walked towards her and put my hands on her hair. I saw her blushing until I got her hair clip out. "Were you seriously going to go out there with this? You know what would happen if the ball hits you on this star?"

"I-I forgot..."

I smiled at her. "Pass me your holder." Trixie quickly went to her locker. She opened it and took a band from inside. She returned to me and gave it to me. I put Trixie's star hair clip between my teeth and combed her hair in order to make a ponytail, and used her ponytail holder to maintain it. "There, you're ready."

"Thank you." Trixie kissed me on my cheek and ran off. I wasn't expecting it. I placed my hand where she kissed me and stayed still, flushing. I smiled and walked out of the dressing room. I could hear the match about to start.


"Come on, Trixie! You can do it!" Trixie looked at my direction and nodded confidently. She could hear me. The match was taking more than I thought. Trixie and her team started winning. When they were 2 sets to 0, the rival team started to win to the point it was 2-2. They had to break the tie in order to declare a winner.

"How is this called again?" Scootaloo asked.

"Break point." Sweetie Belle answered before I could. "When both teams win two sets each, they need to break the tie. To do this, they play an extra set, except that this time, a team need to score 15 points and have two of difference than the rivals instead of 25. Right, sis?"

"Yes, that's correct!" My sister grinned and focused on the court again. She actually paid attention when I explained the rules the day before taking her to the first match. I shouldn't be surprised. She was quick to trust Trixie. She even supported me when I told her how I really felt about her. She might get into problems sometimes, but she's the best sister anyone could ever ask for. She was happy to hear about me and Trixie, but I'm anxious about telling my parents. I have always talked about the kind of man I would marry. How will they react when I tell them that I have a girlfriend? I tried not to think about it much, especially when I was with Trixie. I don't want her to get worried. She has enough problems already with her brother at the hospital, and the Illusions.

"Wow! Rarity, did you see that?!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"Oh?" I was so focused on my thoughts, that I forgot about the match. "I didn't see. I got distracted."

"Trixie just blocked the ball and scored!" Apple Bloom said. "They're 3-1 now!"

"How wonderful! Show them what you got, Trixie!" This time, I focused on the match. The game was very equal. When the rival team hit 14, Trixie's team caught up to them. The game went on and on. All the players were starting to get tired. I glanced at my sister and her friends. They were as sucked in as I was. Even Scootaloo. Despite still disliking Trixie, she seemed to enjoy a good match, just like my friend Rainbow Dash would.

At last, they were 30-29, in favor of Trixie's team. The Phoenix Wings were serving. The ball went to the other side of the court. The rivals passed the ball twice before hitting it to the other side. Trixie blocked it and the rivals couldn't touch the ball before it hit the floor. We all started to cheer, but something very unfortunate happened. When Trixie was falling back to the floor, she touched the net with her elbows, costing them a point. I couldn't believe it. They were 30-30 now. The rivals got ready to serve after celebrating the point. They served, and the ball hit the floor from the Phoenix's side without any of them managing to block it.

Oh, no. Oh, please no. I could see from where I was how uneasy Trixie was. The rivals served again. The Phoenixes managed to hit the ball this time, passing it to Trixie. She hit the ball, but it went backwards. One of Trixie's teammates ran and jumped forward to try to hit it. She fell to the floor, and the ball fell a few centimeters away from her hands. It was over. I covered my mouth, shocked, as the rivals celebrated their victory. I saw how Trixie fell on her knees and dropped her head. Captain Hazelnut placed a hand on her shoulder to try to cheer her up, but it's unlikely that it worked.

"Oh, Poor Trixie..." Sweetie Belle commented. I can't possibly imagine how's Trixie feeling right now. She had the championship at hand, and she lost it at the last second...


"Trixie, these things happen... you can't blame yourself..." Trixie was visibly upset. It took a while to get her to the dressing room. She got changed into a plain purple shirt and black yoga pants, but she didn't take a shower. The teams who got first, second and third place received a ribbon of different colors and a small trophy. Trixie was carrying them with her hands.

"I sure can, Rarity, the other team won because of my mistakes! If it weren't for me..."

"Your team wouldn't have made it this far." Sweetie Belle joined. "You're very good playing, Trixie. You blocked and scored many times. You just had bad luck today."

"Sweetie Belle's right, darling. Everyone was tired after a long match. Sooner or later, someone was going to make a mistake. Don't blame yourself for it. You lost, but you lost a final match. You got second. It would have been worse if you got fourth or less. Getting to the final alone is an achievement.

"Mmm..." My girlfriend was still upset.

"Listen, I must take Sweetie Belle and her friends with Fluttershy. Go home, take a shower. We'll do something later. Okay?" I smiled when I saw Trixie beam a little.

"T-That would be nice. Thanks..."

"Excuse me..." Apple Bloom poked on Trixie's arm.

"Oh?" Trixie was surprised. I must admit I was also intrigued.

"It was mah first time watchin' this sport and ah want to say... it was amazing!"

"Really?" Trixie giggled softly. "Why, thank you."

"Ah might not know much about sports in general, but ah had a great time today! Ah wish ah could have seen you play in previous matches."

"Don't worry. You're all invited to the next tournament next year."

"Really? Yay!" Sweetie Belle started to clap and I laughed. Seeing Trixie interact with someone else besides me and her brother always made me happy.

We walked together until it was time for Trixie to part ways.

"Aww!" Both Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom exclaimed at the same time.

"I'm sorry, but I really need to get home before my smell makes someone pass out." Trixie commented with a smile.

"Before you go..." I walked towards Trixie and placed her star hair pin where she always wears it. "There."

"Thank you." We stared at each other's eyes for a little while before I glanced at our company. My sister and Apple Bloom were grinning, but Scootaloo was looking away with her arms crossed. I gazed back to Trixie and embraced her. She placed her arms around my waist. None of us said anything and we let go each other after a short time. "See you later."

"Of course you will." I watched my girlfriend walk away until Scootaloo spoke up.

"Good thing she left. She was stinking... literally!"

"Come on, Scootaloo. You saw how much she moved durin' the game." Apple Bloom said.

"Alright, girls, we're not far from the animal shelter. Stick with me." The girls obeyed me. They walked close to me until we reached our destination. I opened the door and the girls rushed in. "Wait up, not so fast!"

"Eww!" As we walked in, Sweetie Belle and her friends blocked their noses with their fingers. "What's that smell?"

"It's an animal shelter." The smell also disgusted me, but I was ready for it. "Animals don't have bathroom schedules like us. Come on, let's find Fluttershy. She should be around."

"There she is!" Sweetie Belle pointed at a direction and I followed her finger. I recognized my best friend instantly. She was wearing an apron and plastic gloves. As we approached her, she spotted us. I would normally give her a hug, but I didn't want to get stains of whatever she had in her clothing, so I just waved at her.

"Fluttershy, darling! We're here!"

"Oh, hello everyone." Fluttershy smiled. I don't know how she always managed to remain cheerful with the smell and the job she has to do.

"We're excited to learn more about the animals you take care of!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

Fluttershy giggled. "I'm happy to see your enthusiasm. Let's go to the employees room. There's a table and chairs there."

"Okay!" Sweetie Belle and her friends exclaimed at a unison. They all grabbed on Fluttershy's arms and walked to the other room. I followed behind them. It has been a while since I visited Fluttershy here.


Applejack called me while Fluttershy was teaching the girls. She and Big Mac were done and offered to pick the children up. I agreed because I wanted to spend more time with my best friend to make sure she was okay. We waited outside until she arrived.

"Come on, girls, we got ya snacks. Ya can eat them while workin' on yer exposition." Applejack came alone, on foot.

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo ran to Applejack's side. Sweetie Belle hugged me.

"I'll see you later, sis!"

"Good luck with your task, darling." My little sister nodded and ran to my friend's side.

"Don't worry, sugarcube. Ah'll make sure they don't get distracted."

"I don't think that will be necessary, Applejack. They're really excited on their project."

Applejack smiled. "Goodbye. I'll take Sweetie Belle to yer house before sunfall."

I waved at them as they left. Moments later, I heard that the door from the animal shelter opening. I glanced into that direction to see Fluttershy coming out. "Hello again, darling. What are you doing outside?"

"I finished for the day. I'm going home." My friend said with her usual quiet voice.

"I'll go with you. I want to talk."

"O-Okay..."

There was an awkward silence for a while. I glanced at Fluttershy from time to time. Her cheerfulness disappeared after leaving the animal shelter. She was gloomy again. I think I recognized her mood. I felt like her when Trixie and I were apart. Was she really feeling like this because of Sunset not being around? "Fluttershy..."

"Mmm..." She made a noise to let me know that she was listening.

"Sunset leaving is making you upset, isn't it?" Fluttershy quickly gazed at me when I mentioned Sunset's name. "It is..."

"I-I don't know why. I miss her, but I'm missing her more than I thought I would..."

"Darling, you can be honest with me. I'm your best friend." Fluttershy stared at the ground. I must get to the bottom of this. "What do you really feel for Sunset?" My best friend quickly darted at me again. Her cheeks became slightly pink. "Fluttershy, it's okay. I just want to help you."

"I-I know..." She took a deep breath before speaking again. "Rarity... I'm very confused. I wasn't prepared. I was ready to speak to Twilight when Sunset said those wonderful things about me. No one has ever said anything like it before. I have mixed feelings about Sunset. I w-want to try something with her, but I'm scared about the whole idea of dating."

"Fluttershy..." I smiled brightly at my best friend, but she was still agitated. "That's wonderful to hear. Sunset is a nice girl and she really likes you. You should talk to her when she comes back."

"Y-You think do...?" I could tell how scared Fluttershy was by her expression.

I nodded. "I know why the idea of dating frighten you, but you have to trust me, it's really nothing to worry about. Actually, the hardest part is confessing and hope for the other person to accept those feelings, and Sunset did that for you."

Fluttershy's fear changed. She was thinking on what I just said. After some moments, she looked at me again, this time confused. "How do you know it's nothing to worry about...?"

My smile disappeared almost instantly and my cheeks started to burn. I said too much. Too much! What do I do now?! Fluttershy's expecting an answer. An answer I can't give. "I-I'm sorry, Fluttershy. I c-can't tell you..."

"Oh..." Fluttershy stared at the ground again. She was feeling down again. I didn't enjoy seeing her like this. And I really hated being the reason for it. I can't do it. She's my best friend, I shouldn't keep secrets from her. I stopped walking. Fluttershy noticed and turned to see me. "Rarity...?"

"Fluttershy, please, follow me..." My best friend nodded slowly and walked next to me to our new direction. I'm sorry, Trixie, but I can't lie to my best friend. I hope you don't get too mad at me... Trixie and I had just made up. It was a gamble, but I'll take the risk. I hope she understands.

Fluttershy remained silent all the way to Trixie's apartment complex. "Wh-Where are we...?" She only spoke when I stood still in front of the Complex's door. I didn't reply. Instead, I pulled out my phone and called my girlfriend. She answered fast.

"Rarity! I was just thinking about calling you. How's Sweetie Belle's homework going?"

"Applejack picked them up. They will continue working on it at her farm. I'm actually outside. Would you...?"

"I'll be right down!" Trixie hang up. Her happiness always brought me joy. I glanced at Fluttershy, smiling. But she was still confused. Around a minute later, Trixie appeared and opened the door. She only looked at me after opening it. Her excitement faded when she saw I wasn't alone.

"Wh-What...?" Trixie asked, motionless. Fluttershy was just as shocked.

"Fluttershy, you know Trixie." I looked at my best friend, who didn't know how to react. "You see..." I glanced back at Trixie, smiling. "We're dating."

Author's Note:

Phew! That was a long one! :ajsleepy:

Sorry to keep you guys waiting. Make sure you click on the links I added! You won't regret it :raritywink:

Also, you might be wondering what is Ray, the leopard gecko doing here if my story takes place before the third movie. Well, a good friend of mine told me he would skin me alive if I didn't add him. As you can probably guess, I'm very attached to my skin (Pun intended :rainbowkiss:) and I don't want to lose it, so, I granted his wish :pinkiesmile:

I hope you're all enjoying this story so far! :pinkiehappy:

I want to thank zalla661 for revising this chapter before its released :twilightsmile:

Here you can see how the Good Luck Kiss was :raritywink: