• Published 11th Oct 2016
  • 992 Views, 17 Comments

More Than Words - Amethyst Sunset



Twilight is taking a visit as the Crystal Empire when there is an unexpected visitor.

  • ...
5
 17
 992

Chapter 1: The Lullaby

Princess Twilight Sparkle was in her bed at the Crystal Empire. She was there so often, that she had her own bedroom that she decorated. It had a purple and green, four poster bed, and green side table, and a bed for Spike (She's still working on the decorated part). It's a beautiful day, she thought as she walked onto her balcony. Celestia did a good job today! The sky is blue, no clouds. Maybe I could practice flying today...

After a few minutes of admiring the beautiful sky, she walked out of her bedroom and to the dining room to eat breakfast. This visit was casual, so she had no royal duties to attend to today. All she had to do was have a fun, relaxing time with her family. She had arrived yesterday night, so she hadn't really visited with her family a lot yet.

"Hello Twilight!" Princess Cadence called out to her. She trotted over to her sister-in-law. "Did you have a good night's rest?"

"Yes I did!" Twilight said to Cadence.

"That's great! Because I have a lot of fun activities to do today!" she said. "And yes, I thought of activities to do. Maybe I am coming back to my childish nature because of Flurry Heart, because of them involves hide-and-seek and some other games..."

"Oh that's okay, Cadence. You know I love childish games! What are going to do today?" Twilight asked.

"It's a secret, meaning I can't tell you yet, because that will ruin the surprise. You will just have to wait a couple of hours." Cadence said, grinning.

"Oh....kay." Twilight said questioning Cadence. Twilight and Cadence arrived at the dining room and sat down at the table. Shining Armor and Flurry Heart, who was one-and-a-half years old, were already there.

"Aunt Twily." Flurry Heart kind-of said. (It was a little mushed together. Whoops!)

"Hello sweetie, how are you this morning?" Twilight said to her niece. Twilight fixed her hair a little bit. Flurry Heart really is just plain cute. Her mane and tail match perfectly. Twilight thought. And it just makes it better that her Dad is my brother, maybe my children will be that cute. Wait.. why am I even thinking about children, I don't even have a coltfriend. Much less a husband to have kids with.

"Twilight, what's wrong?" Cadence asked. "I asked you about you friends twice now, and you haven't answered." Cadence looked at her husband. Shining shrugged. He is really clueless sometimes. Cadence thought. This was obviously about her loneliness. You can still be sane, have a group of best friends next to you, and be lonely at the same time right? What she needs is a colt in her life and I know just the pony...

"Oh my! I am so sorry Cadence! I guess I was thinking to hard. My friends are doing great, Rainbow Dash is a little overwhelmed by being part of the Wonderbolts and being part go the Ponyville weather team and trying to help Scootaloo, her sister, learn how to fly. But she is still doing pretty well. Pinkie Pie is happy as normal. The Cakes are on vacation, so she is taking care of the family store by herself this month. She's pretty responsible, mostly though, when it comes to sugar. Rarity just came out with a new fashion line and so she is tired from all of that stuff. Her line is called 'Dimond Rare'. It is mostly blue and purple with green hints. It is really pretty! Fluttershy is taking care of a full grown alligator this week, so Pinkie is helping a little with that, because she has a pet alligator. And Spike is...well...he..umm...he's fine. Oh! I almost forgot, Starlight is learning wonderfully! She is a great student! She is really good at magic, and she is doing exceptionally in her friendship studies." Twilight said. "Every pony seems to be getting along too! So that makes my job a little bit easier. :twilightsheepish:"

"I'm glad they are well!" said her brother.

"And how are you BBBFF?" Twilight said turning to her brother.

"I'm amazing and wonderful and amazing and confused and amazing but surprised too, you know? I mean not that you'd know, you wouldn't know I know, you know?" he said. Twilight looked at her brother, now that she really looked at him, he really did look confused.

"Shining, why are you so confused and AMAZING and surprised?" Twilight said.

"He's still getting used to having a kid, even though Flurry Heart has been with us for over a year. And I have already gotten used to it. So I don't know Twilight, good question, Shining Armor why are you feeling so AMAZING?" Cadence asked her husband with a fake confused look on her face. Part of being the Princess of Love, is to know when you husband is being a complete stupid idiot.


While eating dinner some time later, Flurry Heart started crying. Her mother apologized and excused herself. Cadence walked to one of the hallways and rocked her baby in her arms and started singing to Flurry Heart:

"Be at peace, Little Heart,

I am right here sweetheart,

I love you, my little Flurry Heart,

But please, please stop crying."

After a few minutes of singing this short lullaby, she said, "There we go 'My Little Heart'. I love you Flurry Heart, and you know that!" Cadence exited the hallway and was making her way back to the dining room when she turned the corner, only to see guards on the floor and a mysterious face in the darkened hallway.

"Hello Cadence dear. Did you miss me?"


"Shining!" Cadence shouted as she ran into the throne room. Twilight didn't know what was happening, so she just stared at her sister-in-law like she was crazy. In fact, no pony knew what was going on, so every pony thought Cadence was a little on the coo-coo side...

"Cadence, what's going on?" Shining asked.

"She... she...... Flurry Heart... not safe...... nursery guards... fallen," Cadence whispered, "Belladonna is back."

"But that's... that's impossible. Wait, where is Flurry Heart?!?" Shining started to hyperventilate.

"She's right here," Cadence showed Shining Flurry Heart in her arms and he started to calm down, "We need to find a safe place for her to be while we deal with this..." Cadence said.

"Okay, you ponies know that I am right here and you haven't told me anything. Like who is ----" Twilight said but got interrupted

"DO NOT SAY HER NAME!" Cadence screamed, "It gives her power every time she is recognized by name. And to answer your question, she is my mother."


Belladonna, after her encounter her daughter, started to run the way she came in. She flew to the ceiling, to avoid earth pony guards and unicorn guards getting her. What she didn't know is that a certain blue maned, yellow-orange pegasus was hunting her down. I heard Princess Cadence, Shining Armor, and Twilight. No, no. It's Princess Twilight... talking about Bell--, the intruder, not to even think her name. I will hunt her down, for Princess Twilight Sparkle...

Author's Note:

This is my first chapter and story! Hope you peeps like it! :heart: :duck: :twilightsmile: :twilightsheepish:
Also, I tried so hard on this... so when there are mistakes, PLEASE tell me!!! I would really appreciate it! THANKS Y'ALL!!!!! :rainbowdetermined2:

Also.....cliffhanger.... you will read more in the future.... if you choose so...:heart: ya...i left a chiffhanger *snap snap snap