• Published 30th Sep 2016
  • 3,370 Views, 46 Comments

The Battle City Crown - Shadow Kick



When Sunset steals Twilight's crown, she and her new friends must defeat the evil forces of earth and Sunset if she ever wants to get back to Equestria. CAn she do it, or will Twilight be left behind?

  • ...
10
 46
 3,370

Twilight vs Sunset

All the kids gathered out in the courtyard of the school to see the final duel.

Sunset tucked a magnet under her shirt, then called Snips and Snails. “Did you bring what I asked?”

“Aye-aye, Sunset!” said Snips. He held out a sledgehammer.

“What he said,” said Snails. He held out a smaller wooden hammer.

“Remember,” said Sunset. “If I snap my fingers, hand me the sledgehammer, and knock out the guy in the suit.”

“Got it!” said the two boys.

Twilight was in one of the classrooms talking to her friends and Yugi’s gang.

“Oh man!” said Rainbow. “This is going to be the most epic duel ever!”

“Indeed it is,” said Rarity. “Twilight, be careful. Sunset will do anything to win.”

“No kidding,” said Flash.

“I will,” said Twilight. “Don’t worry, I’ve got this!”

“Atta girl,” said Applejack. “Here, take this card just to be on the safe side.” AJ handed Twilight The Golden Apples card. “It’s one of my favorites.”

“Wow,” said Twilight. “Thanks, Applejack.”

“I want to have something too,” said Rarity. “This card will a little more muscle to your deck.” She handed Twilight Alexandrite Dragon.

“Nice ATK points,” said Twilight.

“I know,” said Rarity.

“This card could help too,” said Fluttershy. “Um…if you’d like it, that is.”

“Of course,” said Twilight.

“Great,” said Fluttershy. “My Inaba White Rabbit can attack directly.”

“Cool,” said Twilight.

“Oh! Oh! My turn!” said Pinkie. “This card can defend, and is yummy.” She gave Twilight Madolche Baaple.

“Thanks Pinkie,” said Twilight.

“No party’s complete without Rainbow Dragon!” said Rainbow as she held out her card.

“But I don’t the seven Crystal Beasts,” reminded Twilight.

“Oh yeah,” said Rainbow. “Well, then… just keep it in your side deck for luck.”

“Okay, thanks Rainbow,” said Twilight. “Wait!” Twilight pulled out her extra deck. “Maybe there is a way I can use your card!” Twilight took out her Dark Magician Girl. “I think there’s a way to use this card together with your dragon.”

“You have a Dark Magician Girl too?!” asked Yugi. “Cool.”

“I wasn’t easy to get,” said Twilight. “I had to look all over Equest….Um, all over the town to find this card.”

“I’ll bet you found it at Grandpa Moto’s place, right?” asked Joey.

“Yeah, at that… shop,” said Twilight.

“Mr. Moto always has the best cards,” said Joey.

“I better get going,” said Twilight.

“Good luck, Twilight,” said Flash.

“Thanks,” said Twilight, blushing.

“I know it’s getting late,” said Serenity. “But can we stay and watch, Joey?”

“Of course!” said Joey.

“Alright!” said Serenity.

“I wouldn’t miss this duel for anything!” said Mai.

“Me neither,” said Tea.

“Of Course!” said Bakura.

“Ditto,” added Tristan.

“Count me in!” said Duke.

“Thank you, all,” said Twilight.

“That’s friends are for,” said Yugi.

“Let’s go,” said Twilight. She then grabbed her disk and headed outside with her friends behind her.

(Two minutes later)

“It’s about time!” complained Sunset.

“Keep your wig on!” called Rainbow.

“Relax, Rainbow,” said Rarity.

“I’m here now,” said Twilight. “So let’s do this!”

“Yeah, I have a crown to win,” said Sunset.

“Take her down!” called Rainbow.

“You got this in the bag!” called AJ.

“You can do it!” said Flash.

Yugi and his friends sat with the girls on the front steps of the school entrance.

“Attention!” said Roland as he brought out the crown. “The last duel is about to begin! Duelists! Prepare your cards! Sunset Shimmer will face Twilight Sparkle! And the winner will receive the Battle City crown!”

All the kids cheered.

“Let’s duel!” said Twilight and Sunset as they drew their cards.

Sunset LP: 4000
Twilight LP: 4000

“Sunset will begin!” said Roland.

Turn 1: Sunset
“Cool,” said Sunset. “I summon Double Coston in attack mode! I place two cards face down and end my turn.”

Turn 2: Twilight
“My move!” said Twilight. “I summon Temperance of Prophecy in attack mode! Then I’ll activate Spellbook of Secrets, which lets me add another Spellbook to my hand. I choose Spellbook of Power! Then I’ll play Spellbook of Wisdom, so now my Temperance won’t be affected by traps this turn! Now, I’ll activate my Temperance’s effect. Since I played a Spellbook, I can send him to the graveyard and special summon World of Prophecy from my deck!”

“Like I didn’t see that coming,” said Sunset.

“My World of Prophecy’s effect now activates!” said Twilight. “I add two Spellbooks to my hand, (Spellbook of Wisdom and Spellbook of Secrets) so now I have four different Spellbooks in my hand! (Spellbook of Wisdom, Spellbook of Secrets, Spellbook Star Hall, The Grand Spellbook Tower, Spellbook of Power) Which means I can destroy all other cards on the field!”

“Alright, Twilight!” called Flash.

“Way to go!” cheered Rainbow.

Everyone else cheered and shouted encouragement.

“Activate trap!” called Sunset. “Swallow Flip! This card negates the effect of any monster that is special summoned and destroys it!”

“What?!” gasped Twilight.

“I knew you would try to end this quickly, Twilight,” said Sunset. “You’re going to have to do better than that!”

“Fine!” said Twilight. “I activate Monster Reborn to bring back my World of Prophecy! Then I’ll activate Spellbook Star Hall, and The Grand Spellbook Tower!” Spellbook Star Hall counters (1) (World of Prophecy: 2900 – 3000). “Next comes, Spellbook of Power, so my monster gains 1000 ATK points!” (Spellbook Star Hall (2) (World of Prophecy: 3000 – 3100 – 4100) “Finally, I’ll play Spellbook of Wisdom, so my monster won’t be affected by any more of your traps!” (Spellbook Star Hall (3) (World of Prophecy: 4100 – 4200)

“That’s what you think,” said Sunset. “I activate Threatening Roar! So you can’t attack this turn.”

“Dang it!” said Twilight.

“She can’t do that, can she?” asked Tristan.

“Yes stupid, she can,” said Duke.

“Watch it!” said Tristan.

“Shut up, you two!” said Rainbow. “We’re trying to listen!”

“I’ll just end my turn,” said Twilight. (World of Prophecy: 4200 – 3200)

Turn 3: Sunset
“Back to me,” said Sunset. “I activate Heavy Storm, which destroys all magic and trap cards on the field.”

“No!” said Twilight.

“Say goodbye to your little tower,” said Sunset. (World of Prophecy: 3100 – 2900)

“Fortunately for me,” said Twilight. “My tower’s effect lets to special summon a Spellcaster from my hand or deck with a level equal to or less the number of Spellbooks in my graveyard!” (Spellbook Star Hall, The Grand Spellbook Tower, Spellbook of Wisdom and Spellbook of Power) “So I’ll special summon Stoic of Prophecy from my deck in defense mode! Plus, my Star Book Hall lets me add another Spellcaster to my hand when it’s destroyed. So I add Amores of Prophecy to my hand!”

“You’ll need it,” said Sunset. “I play Fissure to destroy your Stoic!”

“Thanks,” said Twilight. “You just let me add another Spellcaster to my hand, Like Justice of Prophecy!”

“You can add all monsters you like,” said Sunset. “No matter what, that crown is mine!”

“We’ll see,” said Twilight.

“Yes, we will,” said Sunset. “I tribute Double Coston and use its effect! So it’s treated as two tributes for the Dark monster I’m about to play.”

“Here it comes,” said Joey.

“I play The Supremacy Sun!” said Sunset. “Attack her World of Prophecy!

Sunset LP: 4000
Twilight LP: 3900

I set a face down and end my turn. Your move.”

Turn 4: Twilight
“Alright,” said Twilight. “I summon Amores of Prophecy in defense mode. Then I’ll play Spellbook of Secrets! You remember, it lets add another Spellbook to my hand, like Spellbook of Fate! Now I’ll use! By removing Spellbook Star Hall, The Grand Spellbook Tower, and Spellbook of Wisdom from my graveyard, I can remove your Supremacy Sun from play!”

“I don’t think so,” said Sunset. “I activate Solemn Judgement! By paying half my life points, I can negate your Spellbook, just like that.”

Sunset LP: 2000
Twilight LP: 3900

“She’s got a counter for everything,” said Pinkie.

Spike growled at Sunset.

“I place one card face down and end my turn,” said Twilight.

Turn 5: Sunset
“Then I guess it’s my turn,” said Sunset. “Supremacy Sun! Attack her little defender!”

“Not so fast!” said Twilight. “I activate Waboku to protect my Amores!”

“So what?” asked Sunset nonchalantly. “I end my turn.”

Turn 6: Twilight
“Here goes,” said Twilight. “I activate Pot of Greed, so I can draw two new cards! Now I’ll sacrifice my Amores to summon Emperor of Prophecy in defense mode, then I’ll play the Swords of Revealing Light!”

Oh great!” said Sunset.

“Nice one, Twilight!” called Tea.

“Yeah! Show her whose boss!” called Mai.

Twilight smiled and nodded to the two. “I end my turn.”

Turn 7: Sunset
“Alright, I draw!” said Sunset. “I’ll just place one face down and end my turn.”

Turn 8: Twilight
“My turn,” said Twilight. “I summon Spellbook Magician of Prophecy in attack mode! His effect lets me add another to my hand. I’ve chosen Spellbook of Eternity! Now I can activate the effect of my Emperor of Prophecy! By removing my Spellbook Magician and one Spellbook from my graveyard, (Spellbook of Fate) I can take control of your Supremacy Sun until the end of the turn!”

“What?!” asked Sunset.

“Oh yeah!” said Joey grinning.

“Way to go, Twilight!” said Flash.

“Yay,” said Fluttershy.

“Alright, Supremacy Sun,” said Twilight. “Attack her directly!”

“Don’t think so,” said Sunset. “Thanks to my little fur ball, Kuriboh, all damage is reduced to zilch.”

“Man!!” said Duke. “She’s like a force field!”

“She’ll pull through,” said Yugi. “I know she can.”

“Now, I activate the Spellbook of Eternity!” continued Twilight. “Now I can add a Spellbook that’s been removed from play back to my hand! Like Spellbook of Fate. I place one card face down and end my turn.”

“I’ll take my card back now,” said Sunset.

“Take it,” said Twilight.

Turn 9: Sunset
“Thanks,” said Sunset as she drew.

“Hold it, Sunset!” said Twilight. “I activate Spellbook of Fate! By removing Spellbook of Eternity, Spellbook of Secrets, and Spellbook of Power, I can remove my monster from play!”

“You’d like that, wouldn’t you?” asked Sunset. “Unfortunately, I activate Dark Bribe! This negates your Spellbook, and lets you draw a card.”

“Okay,” said Twilight.

“Now, I play Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your Swords!” said Sunset.

“Oh no!” said Twilight.

“Supremacy Sun, destroy her Emperor! I end my turn.”

Turn 10: Twilight
“Alright, my turn!” said Twilight. “I play Hammer Shot to destroy your stupid Sun!”

“Twilight’s getting desperate,” said Rarity.

“I know,” said Rainbow. “Poor girl.”

Turn 11: Sunset
“That was pointless,” said Sunset. “By discarding one card, (Nightmare Horse) I can special summon my monster back to the field. Now, Supremacy Sun! Attack Twilight directly!”

“Ah!!” cried Twilight.

Sunset LP: 2000
Twilight LP: 900

“That’s all for now,” said Sunset.

“Keep fighting, Twilight!” said Applejack.

“You can do it!” called Serenity.

Turn 12: Twilight
“Alright, my move!” said Twilight. “I play another Spellbook of Eternity, and I’ll use it to bring back my banished Spellbook of Power! Next I’ll play Spellbook of Life, by revealing my Spellbook of Power and removing Stoic of Prophecy, I can special summon World of Prophecy back to the field in attack mode!”

“That’s what I’m talking about!” said Rainbow.

“Go Twilight!!” cheered Pinkie.

“Now I can add Spellbook of Eternity and Spellbook of Fate back to my hand!” continued Twilight. “Then I’ll activate Spellbook of Power to give my monster a little boost!” (World of Prophecy: 2900 – 3900) “World of Prophecy, attack!”

Sunset LP: 1100
Twilight LP: 900

“Yes!!” said Joey.

“Nice going!” said Tea.

“Now I’m able to add another Spellbook to my hand,” said Twilight. “I choose Spellbook of the Master. That’s ends my turn.” (World of Prophecy: 3900 – 2900)

Turn 13: Sunset
“Whatever,” said Sunset. “First I draw, then I’ll discard. (Draws Broww, Huntsman of Dark world) And once again, my monster comes back.”

Great,” said Twilight.

“But guess what?” asked Sunset. “The card I discarded was Broww Huntsman of the Dark World. So now I can draw another card. How about that, it’s Pot of Greed, so I get two cards. I’ll my two new cards face down, then I’ll destroy your World of Prophecy, again. Attack!

Sunset LP: 1100
Twilight LP: 800

Now get your turn over with!”

Turn 14: Twilight
“My pleasure,” said Twilight. “Right now I have three Spellbooks in my hand, (Spellbook of Eternity, Spellbook of Fate, and Spellbook of the Master) so I’ll special summon High Priestess of Prophecy in attack mode! Now I’ll play Spellbook of the Master! By revealing Spellbook of Fate, my card can copy the effect of a normal Spellbook magic card in my graveyard! I choose Spellbook of Power, to give my Priestess 1000 extra points!” (High Priestess of Prophecy: 2500 – 3500) “Then I’ll use my Priestess’s effect! By removing my Spellbook of Eternity from play, I can destroy your Supremacy Sun!”

“Not a chance,” said Sunset. “I activate Forbidden Chalice! This card negates your monster’s effect and increase her ATK points by 400 until the end phase. (High Priestess of Prophecy: 3500 – 3900)

“Oh yeah?!” asked Twilight. “Then I’ll activate Spellbook of Fate! I remove Spellbook of the Master, Spellbook of Life, and Spellbook of Power to remove your Supremacy Sun from play, at last!”

“You must be so tired of being all the time,” said Sunset. “I activate Imperial Order, now all magic cards are negated!”

“Oh well, at least my monster is stronger,” reminded Twilight. “High Priestess, attack The Supremacy Sun!

Sunset LP: 200
Twilight LP: 800

“Now I get another Spellbook. I select Spellbook Organization! And now I’ll use it to arrange my top three cards.” (Compulsory Evacuation Device, Strength of Prophecy, and Hermit of Prophecy) “I end my turn.” (High Priestess of Prophecy: 3900 – 2500)

Turn 15: Sunset
“Yeah, yeah,” said Sunset. “I’ll just discard my drawn card (Ring of Destruction) and bring back my Supremacy Sun again! When will you get it, Twilight? You can’t beat me!”

“Say what you want, Sunset!” said Twilight. “But I’ll never give up!”

“Atta girl!” said Mai.

“Way to go!” said Rainbow.

“Woo!” said Fluttershy.

“Alright,” said Sunset. “I’ll let my Imperial Order go. Supremacy Sun, destroy her High Priestess!

Sunset LP: 200
Twilight LP: 300

I end my turn.”

Turn 16: Twilight
“Then it’s my move,” said Twilight. “I place a face down and end my turn.”

Turn 17: Sunset
“My turn!” said Sunset.

“And because it is,” interrupted Twilight. “I can activate this card, Compulsory Evacuation Device! Now I can return your Supremacy Sun back to your hand!”

“Crap!” said Sunset.

“Finally, that thing is gone!” said Mai

“Way to go, Twi!” said Rainbow.

“We knew you could do it!” said AJ.

“Yes!” cried Pinkie.

“I’ll just place a face down and end my turn,” said Sunset.

Turn 18: Twilight
“Then its back to me,” said Twilight. “I summon Strength of Prophecy in attack mode! Then I’ll use her effect, I can take one Spellbook in my grave and shuffle it back into my deck! I choose Spellbook of Fate, also my monster’s ATK points increase by 500!” (Strength of Prophecy: 1500 – 2000) “Attack her directly!”

“I activate Mirror Force!” said Sunset. “Say goodbye to your monster!”

“Dang!” said Twilight. “I guess I’ll end my turn.”

Turn 19: Sunset
“Alright, I draw!” said Sunset. “I place one card face down and that’s it.”

Turn 20: Twilight
“My turn!” said Twilight.

“Which means I can activate my trap!” interrupted Sunset. “I activate Call of the Haunted, to bring back Double Coston!”

“Oh boy,” said Twilight “I summon Justice of Prophecy in defense mode! That’s all.”

Turn 21: Sunset
“Thought so,” said Sunset. Her hand contains Marshmallon Glasses and The Supremacy Sun. “I sacrifice my Double Coston and uses its effect so I can back an old friend, The Supremacy Sun! Now attack Twilight’s monster! I end my turn.”

Turn 22: Twilight
“Glad to hear it,” said Twilight. “I’ll set a monster face down and end my turn.”

Turn 23: Sunset
“Some move,” said Sunset. “Masked Beast Des Gardius? Well that’s useless. Supremacy Sun, destroy her mystery monster!”

“Thank you,” said Twilight.

“Uh?” asked Sunset.

“My face down monster is Morphing Jar!” said Twilight. “Now we both discard our hands and draw five cards!”

“I should be thanking you,” said Sunset. “My hand sucked. But not anymore!” Sunset’s new hand contained Grand Tiki Elder, Stop Defense, Dark Jeroid, Drop Off, and The Winged Dragon of Ra. “I summon Grand Tiki Elder in attack mode, then I’ll place one card face down and end my turn.”

Turn 24: Twilight
My move!” said Twilight. “Wow! Slifer the Sky Dragon! Oh he’ll come in handy.”

“Activate trap! Drop Off!” said Sunset. “Whatever card you just drew, now you have to discard!”

“Oh no!!” said Twilight to herself. “There goes my best card!” Twilight’s hand contains Hermit of Prophecy, The Dark Door, Desert Sunlight, Card of Last Will, and Alchemy Cycle. “I summon Hermit of Prophecy in defense mode! I place three cards face down, then I’ll activate The Dark Door! Now we can only attack once per turn! Go ahead, Sunset.”

Turn 25: Sunset
“You got it!” said Sunset. “I play Double Summon! And like the card says, now I can twice this turn!”

“But you can only attack once!” reminded Twilight.

“I know!” said Sunset. “First, I summon Dark Jeroid, then I’ll sacrifice The Supremacy Sun, Grand Tiki Elder, and Dark Jeroid, in order to summon my Egyptian God card, The Winged Dragon of Ra!!”

“What?!!” cried Twilight.

“This isn’t good,” said Duke.

“Do something!” called Tristan.

“My dragon’s ATK points are become the total of all three monsters I sacrificed!” said Sunset. (The Winged Dragon of Ra: ? – 5700)

“5700?!!” asked Yugi.

“How is she gonna beat that?!” asked Joey.

“She’ll find a way!” said Flash.

Spike barked in agreement.

“You’re finished, Twilight!” said Sunset. “I play Stop Defense on your hermit!”

“Not bad,” said Twilight. “But I activate Desert Sunlight! This card switches my hermit back to defense mode!”

“Damn!” said Sunset. “Ra! Attack her hermit!!”

“Hold up!” said Twilight. “I activate Alchemy Cycle! This card reduces my monster’s ATK points to 0, until the end of the turn!” (Hermit of Prophecy: 1200 – 0) “Also, once you destroy my hermit, I can draw one card! But I’ll also activate, Card of Last Will! Since my monster’s ATK points were reduced to 0, I can draw five new cards! So basically, I get six new cards.”

Sunset growled. “I can’t wait any longer!” She then snapped her fingers, and Snips handed her the sledgehammer. She then moved toward the Canterlot statue.

“What’s going on?!” asked Roland. Snails then snuck up behind him and knocked him out with his wooden hammer.

“What in world?” asked Tea.

What is she doing?” asked Yugi.

“Told ya she’d do anything to win,” said AJ.

The crown fell at Twilight’s feet and she picked it up. “What are you up to, Sunset?”

“You don’t belong here,” said Sunset brandishing her sledgehammer. “Give me the crown, and you can go home, tonight. Or keep it, and never go back!!”

Twilight gasped.

“Tick tock, Twilight,” said Sunset. “We haven’t got all night.”

Twilight looked at her crown and closed her eyes. “No!”

“What!?” asked Sunset. “Equestria! Your friends! Lost to you, forever! Don't you see what I'm about to do to the portal?!”

“Yes,” answered Twilight. “But I've also seen what you've been able to do in this world without magic! Equestria will find some way to survive without my Element of Harmony, this world might not! So go ahead, destroy the portal! You are not getting this crown!” Twilight then placed the crown on her head.

“Fine,” said Sunset as she dropped the hammer.

“You... are... so awesome!” said Rainbow.

“I can't believe you were gonna do that for us,” said Applejack.

“It's no wonder you're a Princess,” said Rarity.

“What are they talking about?” asked Tristan.

“Oh! It’s a really long story,” said Yugi. “I’ll tell ya later.”

“That’s it!” said Sunset. She then pulled the magnet out from under her shirt and held it toward Twilight. It then pulled the crown toward her.

"No!!" cried Twilight.

“At last!" said Sunset. "More power than I could ever dream of!” As she separated the crown and put it on, a magical aura surrounded her and she was lifted up into the air.

Twilight, her friends, everyone else watched in horror as Sunset was transformed into a demonic creature, with flame-like hair, tattered bat-like wings, clawed fingers, pointed ears, sharp teeth with elongated fangs, and a forked tongue.

Sunset laughed, then used her dark magic to turn Snips and Snails into demons.

“This is gonna be so cool!” said Snips.

Snails just hissed.

“We have to get the kids out of harms way!” said Yugi.

“Quick!” called Duke. “Everyone inside!” All the students except Twilight, her friends and Spike, retreated inside the school and locked the doors.

“I've had to jump through so many hoops tonight, just to get my hands on this crown,” said Sunset in a deep monster-like tone. “And it really should have been mine all along. But let's let bygones be bygones! I am your ruler now, and you WILL… BE …LOYAL!!” Using her magic, Sunset tore down the school’s entire front entrance. She then flew inside, and projected her power onto the fleeing students, including Yugi and his friends; hypnotizing them all into submission.

Snips and Snails then flew in.

“Round them up and bring them to the portal!” ordered Sunset. With the student body under her control, Sunset flew toward Twilight. “Did you really think I’d be satisfied with just this pathetic little high school?! What I really want is... EQUESTRIA!! With these powers, and my new army, I can bring Celestia and her forces to their knees!!”

“Not so fast!” said Twilight.

“What?!” asked Sunset.

“You didn’t win that crown, on your own!” said Twilight. “You had to steal it! I actually earned my royal status! If you really want to prove you’re better than me, then continue this duel and beat me! Prove to me that you truly are the better Princess, and worthy of that power!”

Sunset cackled. “Fine! I accept your foolish challenge! It’s your move! But make it quick, and make it count. Because I assure you, it will be… your… LAST!!”

Turn 26: Twilight
“Here goes,” thought Twilight. “Perfect! I activate Altar of Restoration!”

“Uh?” asked Sunset.

“Allow me to explain,” said Twilight. “By removing the top two cards of my deck, I can add any card from my graveyard to my hand! I choose Monster Reborn! And I’ll use it to bring back Slifer the Sky Dragon!!”

“What?!” asked Sunset.

The heavens erupted in lightning as the huge red dragon formed, encircling the entire courtyard with its snakelike body. It then roared at Ra.

“Wow,” said Twilight.

“So what?” asked Sunset. “What could your dragon against the most powerful Egyptian God?!!”

“This,” answered Twilight. Twilight held up her hand, revealing the five cards her friends gave her, plus one of her own her cards. “Slifer receives 1000 ATK points for every card in my hand! And I’ve got six! (Slifer the Sky Dragon: X000 – 6000).

“6000 ATK?!!” cried Sunset.

“Yes,” said Twilight. “The magic contained in my Element was able to unite with those that helped create it! These cards represent those special individuals!” A pink aura from the crown engulfed Twilight, and flowed around Slifer as well. “Honesty! (The Red Apples), Kindness! (Inaba White Rabbit), Laughter! (Madolche Baaple), Generosity! (Alexandrite Dragon), Loyalty! (Rainbow Dragon), Magic!” (Dark Magician Girl) Twilight then grew pony-like ears, wings, and a hair extension resembling her tail. “Together, my friends and I create a power beyond anything you could imagine! And it’s a power you can’t control! The crown may be upon your head, Sunset! But you cannot wield it! Because you don’t possess the most powerful magic of all! The magic of friendship! Slifer, attack!!” Slifer glowed with purple and red magic as he fired his thunder force blast.

“Noooooooooo!!!!!!” cried Sunset. The blast caused scattered Sunset’s deck all over the place.

Sunset LP: 0
Twilight LP: 300

“Here and in Equestria,” said Twilight. “It is the only magic that can truly unite us all!”

The magic surrounding Twilight and her dragon then exploded, causing a double-helical rainbow to shoot out and engulf Sunset Shimmer in a rainbow-colored tornado that striped her of her power and released the students of her mind control.

As the bright light dissipated, the students congregated at the front of the school.

Spike then ran over to Twilight, who is lying on the ground and licked her. Twilight then woke up and hugged him. As her five friends approached, the girls noticed a large crater in the ground. They looked down and saw Sunset lying at the bottom, back to normal.

“You will never rule in Equestria!” said Twilight. “Any power you may have had in this world is gone! Tonight, you've shown everyone who you really are.”

Sunset started crying. “I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't know there was another way.”

“The magic of friendship doesn't just exist in Equestria. It's everywhere,” said Twilight. “You can seek it out, or you can forever be alone. The choice is yours.”

“But... all I've ever done since being here is drive everyone apart,” said Sunset still in tears. “I don't know the first thing about friendship.”

“I bet they can teach you,” said Twilight, hinting at her friends.

Fluttershy then walked over to Sunset. “Here, we picked up your cards.”

“T-thank you,” said Sunset nervously.

Flash then walked over to Twilight. “I’m guessing, this is your prize?” He handed Twilight The Winged Dragon of Ra.

Twilight’s cheeks burned red. “Thank you.”

Roland then woke up. “Oh my head. W-what happened?”

“Um… an earthquake happened and a rock fell on your head,” said Twilight. “Anyway, we finished the duel after the quake subsided!”

“Oh! Who won?” asked Roland.

“Twilight!!” said Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie, Rainbow and Applejack.

“Oh! Then that’s it!” said Roland. “The winner of the Battle City Championship crown is… Twilight Sparkle!”

“Yeah!!” cried Twilight’s friends and dog. All the other students began cheering as well.

Yugi then walked over. “Congratulations!”

“Thanks,” said Twilight. “Here, take your God cards back. And thank you for letting me use Slifer.”

“No problem,” said Yugi.

Twilight then looked up at the moon. “I have to go.”

“Go where?” asked Flash.

“Um… back home!” said Twilight.

“Oh, will ya come and visit?” asked Flash.

“I don’t know if I’ll be able to,” admitted Twilight.

“What?” gasped Flash. “I-I mean! Oh, okay. Well then, I’m really gonna miss you… A lot.”

“Me too,” said Twilight as she hugged the boy. She then looked the girls. “I’m going to miss all of you.” The girls all came over and embraced her. She then remembered something. "Oh, here are your cards. Thanks for lending them to me."

"Anytime," said Rainbow.

“Bye,” said Yugi.

“Bye,” said Twilight. She then looked at the girls. “You’ll look out after Sunset, won’t you?”

“Of course,” said Rarity. “Although I do expect some sort of apology for last year.”

“What happened last year?” asked Twilight.

“You don’t wanna know,” said Applejack.

“Okay…” said Twilight. “Anyway, I think she'll be handing out a lot of apologies.”

Vice Principal Luna walked over and handed Sunset a masonry trowel. Snips and Snails followed up with a wheelbarrow of bricks in order to repair the wall.

“I’ll miss you all,” said Twilight. She and Spike then turned around walked toward the statue.

“That crown really does suit you,” said Spike. “Princess Twilight.”

“Thanks Spike,” said Twilight.

Once the two finally stepped through, the moon rose to its peak and covered over the center star and with a flash of moonlight, the portal in the statue then closed.

Pinkie tried to run after the two, but smacked into a solid surface. “Oh, bummer!”


Back in Equestria, Twilight's friends and the Princesses were waiting patiently for her. A couple seconds later, Twilight emerged through the portal, teetering on her hind legs. She then dropped back down onto all four hooves.

“Twilight!” cried Fluttershy.

“You're back!” said Rainbow.

“You've got your crown!” said Rarity.

“I knew you could do it!” said Pinkie as she hugged her friend.

“Oh, we were so worried,” admitted Applejack wiping away some tears.

“Sunset Shimmer, is she alright?” asked Princess Celestia.

“I think she's gonna be fine,” said Twilight. “I left her in good hands.”

“What are hands?” asked Rainbow.

Spike then came out of the portal, and was pleased to be in his dragon form again.

As Twilight and her friends walked through the castle, they bombarded her with questions about the human world.

Twilight sighed. “I wanna tell you all everything, I do. But I'm just exhausted from all the dueling.”

“Dueling?!!” asked Rainbow, Pinkie, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Cadance.

Twilight then bumped into the same royal guard she'd bumped into before. “We've got to stop bumping into each other like this.”

“Who was that?” asked Twilight.

“He's a new member of the castle guard,” said Cadence. “Flash Sentry, I think. Why? Do you know him?”

“Not exactly,” said Twilight.

“Oooh! Somepony's got a crush on the new guy!” said Applejack.

“No. No, I don't,” replied Twilight.

Rarity gasped. “She does! She absolutely does!”

“Don't be ridiculous,” said Twilight. “I don't even know him. He just...”

“Totally reminds you of a guy you met in the other world who dueled in a tournament and lost, but gave up his last locator card so you could still participate, and cheered you on throughout the whole tournament so you could win it, get the crown back, and beat Sunset with your big, fancy, rare card?!” asked Pinkie rapidly. She then took a big breath. “Right?”

“How did you know that?” asked Twilight.

“Just a hunch!” answered Pinkie.

Comments ( 24 )

nicely done; there were a few grammar errors here and there throughout the story, but I didn't feel it necessary to be one of THOSE readers...

I'm sorry, I just finished this story, so I'm a little exhausted. Could you please explain what's wrong with these two sentences? I'm a little lazy right now.

her crown is now the price to be won

Change that to 'prize'.

7606767 Hey, I like everything to be perfect. So if you want to point them out. Go ahead, it helps me.

Comment posted by Shadow Kick deleted Dec 11th, 2016

Not much into this sorry. I really loved the original series and well the fact that it all boiled to Twilight and Sunset didn't sit good with me. I wonder what would have happend in a story were is yugi entolls in CHS (and maybe kaiba in crystal prep)

7609667 You were right. Thanks a lot.

7607398 :twilightsheepish: I would, but truthfully it only stuck out to me a couple of times... :twilightblush:

7607674 it's fine now: I guess part of the problem was that I would occasionally forget the original Attack Points for the monsters that were affected, you know?

7611283 Don't worry about it. We all have those days where we forget. Plus, thanks for showing me those errors.

I like the running gag where Tristan always gets beat up by Flash Sentry and Spike(or someone else) when he looks down on Twilight

7692337 Thanks, glad you like it. I hate Tristan in case you couldn't tell.

7778645 I believe you. Pardon me, my bad. Thanks for the update.

7780151 in order (because reasons): fair enough, not a problem, and your welcome

...Marik won't be the pushover comedic relief he was in the abridged series, right?

7964626 Yeah, if you ignore the fact that Yami Marik is an insane nut-case out to inflict pain and misery strictly because he wants to, they'd make a greeeeeaaaaat team. /S

So a bit of a plot hole, in case I missed something, but it should have been impossible for Twilight and Sunset to use the Gods. Not only did Sunset not recite the ancient text needed to gain control of Ra (Not that she could even read it), but only those with a connection to Ancient Egypt are allowed to use them.

8246412
not only that but once they arrived to CHS joey gave Ra to yugi because he said he needed it more so sunset shimmer shouldn't have had it i don't know if shadow kick forgot about that or not but when i read the fanfic it said that joey GAVE Ra to yugi and it never mentioned that yugi gave it back which leads me to assume that it belonged to yugi so sunset should have won a different card not Ra

Pretty sure Twilight played a spell card while Imperial Order was still active...:rainbowhuh:
Tristan/Duke hatred aside, along with everything else others already mentioned, this was an interesting take on a classic.

Most excellent.

Could someone make a list of the cards that Twilight uses?
Because I have made a mess.

(Two minutes later)

“It’s about time!” complained Sunset.

“Keep your wig on!” called Rainbow.

“Relax, Rainbow,” said Rarity.

“I’m here now,” said Twilight. “So let’s do this!”

“Yeah, I have a crown to win,” said Sunset.

“Take her down!” called Rainbow.

“You got this in the bag!” called AJ.

“You can do it!” said Flash.

Yugi and his friends sat with the girls on the front steps of the school entrance.

“Attention!” said Roland as he brought out the crown. “The last duel is about to begin! Duelists! Prepare your cards! Sunset Shimmer will face Twilight Sparkle! And the winner will receive the Battle City crown!”

All the kids cheered.

“Let’s duel!” said Twilight and Sunset as they drew their cards.

Perfect music for the final battle's begin:

Imagine this scene with Twilight (Yugi), Rainbow Dash (Joey) and Applejack (Tristan):

Login or register to comment