• Published 30th Sep 2016
  • 882 Views, 28 Comments

Split Conscience - TheMajorTechie



A man awakes to find a pony. In his mind.

  • ...
2
 28
 882

Off-work

Craig slumped into his beanbag chair, the burden of his day job all but vanished for the day. A faint electronic buzz hummed through the air for a moment as Twilight's image rematerialized beside him.

"Hey." The man began, setting the TV remote down, "I thought you were gonna stay away from magic?"

Twilight's image shook her head, a faint fizzle flashing through the translucent mirage. "No, you said that. I only agreed to it temporarily."

Craig frowned. "Aren't you worried that whatever... uh, magic you still have might eventually fade away though?"

Once again, Twilight shook her head. "I don't believe that is able to happen, even in this form." She began, "My magic naturally replenishes itself over time, so all I require is a long rest after each time I use a powerful spell."

"...Oh. Oh yeah." Craig nodded, reaching again for the TV remote. "So... any specific reason why you reappeared just now?"

"Eh, it just feels more natural to have your own physical representation than it is to be cooped-up in somebody else's mind."

The man nodded again, aimlessly flicking through channels as he stifled a yawn.

"Tired?"

"Yeah." He yawned again, settling on a news channel. "A day's work does that to you."