• Published 10th Dec 2016
  • 6,827 Views, 706 Comments

Magical Girl Sunny - Jetto



She's strong! She's magical! She's beautiful! She's... Sunset Shimmer? Or isn't she? The answer is not as simple as one might think.

  • ...
21
 706
 6,827

14. Sunny the Witch

The game night went without any hitches after their initial fiasco. Even though most of the modern board games played only 4 or 5 players, Pinkie Pie still managed to find more titles that could somehow accommodate all nine of them. Though at some point there was only so much 'dexterity' and 'social deduction' games they could take. Especially after the last one about a resistance movement in dystopian future that had traitors inside, whose job was to incite distrust and chaos in their ranks, while the loyal ones tried to find out who they were.

They failed.

"Wait, you're NOT a traitor!?"

"That's what I was trying to tell you!"

"That's what any traitor would say!"

As the rebellion crumbled upon itself over the weight of their mistrust and accusations, the only three whose card didn't say "Loyal" joined in a three way high five (high fifteen?).

"YAY!" Sounded the most subtle, yet enthusiastic shout of Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy and Coco Pommel.

The group was met with slightly irritated gazes from the other side.

"I should've figured it was the quiet ones," said Sunny.

"It's always the quiet ones!" Sunset nodded.

"Eyup!" Applejack nodded as well.

The tension in the room remained... for five more seconds, before everyone exploded in laughter.

Pinkie Pie quickly packed the game and went to the table. "Who's up for another?" She was met with mostly positive replies, except for Rainbow Dash, who groaned loudly as she stood up and stretched her limbs.

"No more! If I sit for one more minute, my body will explode! Let's get some DCD going!"

Pinkie Pie flashed a smile and jumped into action. "On it!" She exclaimed going towards the big plasma TV and pulled out a gaming console.

Sunny raised an eyebrow and asked. "What's DCD?"

Pinkie rushed with explanation as she booted the system up. "Oh, it's super duper simple!" She pointed at the camera placed just over the screen. "Just dance like the dancy person dances on the dance... I mean screen!"

"Here, let the expert show you," Rainbow 'Dance Expert' Dash went towards the middle of the room. She tried to select the game mode for two people by sliding her hand in the air for a while, growing increasingly more irritated as the Connect Camera failed to register her moves. She heard a cough from behind her and Applejack walked into her area, moved her hand in the air slightly and too played mode started immediately.

As the song started and the competition was about to begin, Rainbow looked bemused at Applejack. "I had it under control."

The blonde girl shrugged, slightly turning away and smiling playfully. "Ah ain't sayin' nuthin'."

Rainbow turned her frown upside down as she eyed the farmer girl. "You don't have to," she walked into the position the game was telling her to, in order to start the match "how about you let our bodies speak for once?"

"THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!"

"Sunny, please..."

"What? She did!"

Ignoring the comments from the audience, Applejack nodded. "Bring it, Sugarcube!"

"Ah, there's their macho sides showing!" said Rarity.

"WE HEARD THAT!"

All giggling aside, once the two actually started the game, Rainbow Dash and Applejack copied whatever moves the dancer on the screen performed, almost perfectly synchronizing all of their limbs with the sounds of an incredibly catchy pop song in a language none of them understood or even identified. It lasted for three minutes and ten seconds, and only when the screen announced the final score the two allowed themselves a break, bending over and breathing quickly, sweat dripping from their face.

"Ya were sayin', Dashie?" Applejack barely muttered, exhausted after earning a 97% score.

"Heh, lucky shot!" Rainbow Dash tsked, but ultimately accepted her defeat with a measly 95% score and a begrudging smile.

The two exchanged their 'macho nods of rivaling approval' and turned to the others.

"Who's up next?"

Sunny raised her hand energetically. "Oh, me! Me!" She stood up and turned to Sunset, pointing her finger at her. "Come on nemezis! You, me, dance duel!"

Sunset blinked, her head slightly tilting. "Are you sure?" Seeing no reason to decline, she shrugged and accepted the challenge. "Alright, so be it."

As the two sun-themed superheroines prepared themselves, Fluttershy raised some doubts. "Umm, should we tell her that...?"

"No," Rainbow Dash crossed her arms as she sat comfortably on the sofa "she can find out the hard way."

Coco looked at the Rainbooms, all seemingly aware of the situation. "Find out what?"

Two minutes and forty five seconds of a (different) song later...

"H-how...?" Sunny muttered in between heavy breathing, as sweat poured from her body into the carpet. "Y-you cheated!"

"I wanted to warn you," Sunset replied calmly, still looking at their scores: impressive for a beginner 56% and a perfect 100% of a veteran player who spent way too much time on it in her apartment, back when she didn't have friends to hang out with and thought this game was perfect for practicing using her new human body "but I doubt you'd ran away." She beamed brightly.

Sunny huffed before answering. "D-damn straight! Y-you cheated, a-and I wasn't prepared and it was my first time!" It took her a fraction of a second to realize how big of a mistake she made.

"That's what she said!" Coco reflexively blurted, earning a few amused looks, as well as one irate one. It dampened her giddiness, though. "You're right, it is fun to say!"

Sunny groaned while facepalming. "She grows too fast," she shook her head and turned back to her doppelganger "anyway, I demand a rematch! I'm starting to get this, I won't make the same mistakes again!"

Sunset blinked, looking at Sunny with a slightly tilted head. At all the sweat, her disheveled hair and chest that kept breathing in and out. "Sure, but can we give others their turn first?"

"Oh don't worry about us, darlings, do go on!" Rarity reassured them, with everyone else agreeing enthusiastically.

Sunset blinked, then shrugged and the two stood before the screen once again. Though this time Sunny was a bit less confident, she was no less determined.

"Alright, no more miss nice girl!" She pulled back her sleeves and pulled up her pajama top, tying it just below her breast line, exposing her sweaty, perfectly shaped belly to the public. "Hit it, DJ!" That said, Sunset started the next song and the battle began anew.

It was clear by that point that Sunset's body had this song already ingrained in its DNA and moved to each single note like leaves on a wind current, not missing a single beat and earning the highest score every single time. That put Sunny at a huge disadvantage, as she had to first register the command that appeared on the screen and react accordingly each and every time to a song that she had danced to only once before, so while she was familiar to the moves she was performing, it didn't burn into her memory quite as well as her opponent. But Magical Girl Sunny was many things, and a fast learner was one of them. Her moves weren't nearly as clumsy as they had been at first and the game acknowledged that, no longer ridiculing her sluggish movements, but even praising and cheering on her from time to time. It was a nice sentiment, even if it was just the game code.

And while Sunny fully accepted her defeat, she wasn't about to quit or give up, instead she gave it everything she had, fully invested in growing her skills as much as it was possible. Despite the exhaustion, she moved her long, smooth hands around like a true dancer, uncaring for the huge beads of sweat pouring off of them, neither was she concerned each time a cold wind current hit her exposed, wet belly, or whenever a certain maneuver had her spontaneously jump up in the air, moving her big, juicy breasts behind her top up and down like a-

"INEEDTOGOTOTHEBATHROOM!" Coco suddenly jumped up from the sofa and rushed towards the corridor, leaving the others slightly confused aside from the two dancers, who were too absorbed in their battle to notice her.

Even after everyone else shrugged it off, Rarity still looked at the direction of the hallway and hummed.

---

"You can do it!" Coco said in between another cold splash into her face. She looked at herself in the mirror. Wet, with messy hair, still red as a tomato. She took a few deep breaths. "Just endure it, you can take it! You've been doing it for a long time!" She sighed, her face lowering. "A very long time..." One more splash of water helped her calm down. Slightly. She sighed heavily. "I don't know how much longer my heart can take this. Stupid sexy Sunny," she wiped her face and opened the door, still muttering under her nose "with her stupid bouncy boobs, amazing bacon hair, that mesmerizing, bright smile..."

"I admit, she has quite a presence," Rarity nodded in agreement.

"MEEEP!" Coco jumped away from the other fashionista who was just standing before her, waiting with her arms crossed, hiding the amusement she got from seeing the little fashionista's back hit the wall. "Ra-ra-rarity, wha-what a-are... h-how m-m-much d-did you...?"

"Suffice to say, the bathroom walls are very thin," she said sheepishly as the other girl Cocolapsed on the ground into a fetal position. Rarity coughed, walking towards Coco to pat her on the head. "If it's any consolation, I'm the only one around, so your secret is safe with me," Rarity said, but soon frowned when she received only pathetic whimpers in response "and I already figured out that you fancied your Sunset Shimmer, though I was under the impression you two were already secretly an item, the way she treated you like a special..." she stopped herself when Coco's face lowered even more than it was. She resumed and intensified the head patting. "Darling, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Liking girls, especially ones as extraordinary as Sunny, is not a crime and nobody in this house will offer you anything other than their full support," while Coco's head didn't raise out of her hands, it didn't worsen and Rarity couldn't hear the whining anymore. She took it as a good sign.

"Would you like to talk about it?" Rarity offered.

Coco remained motionless for a moment, before raising her head just enough to make her eyes visible again. "No."

"Are you sure, darling? It will make you feel a lot better."

Coco turned her head away. "No, I'm fine..."

Rarity's eyes narrowed and the head patting turned into a hand that grabbed Coco's head to turn her eye to eye with Rarity. "Miss Pommel, I can count with a single hand the times when a girl who said 'fine' was honest, myself included."

It took Coco a moment of courage gathering, but seeing Rarity's encouraging smile convinced her to finally take a deep breath and open her mouth. "I... I have a crush on Sunny."

"Good. Go on."

"I-I always did. Since we first met! I mean, I was never into boys, or girls, I just didn't think about it at all, but then she appears and it's like she switched something inside me... that didn't come out right... anyway, here I am: avoiding so much as looking at her when she's just... sweaty..." her face started getting steamy red as she continued "...and moving her body like... like... but it's mesmerizing and I just want to... want to..." as her breathing got harder and harder, her eyes opened wide and her gasping intensified, Rarity got a bad feeling about it.

"N-now, you don't have to-"

"She is SO! HOT!" She suddenly exclaimed, sweat pouring, but almost immediately evaporating before leaving her red hot face. "I want to say the pun was unintended, but her sense of humor has grown on me so much I can't even be sure anymore! I mean, did you look at her? She regularly works up, she wakes up early in the morning to run a few laps around campus, which is a blessing in disguise because I get some time to get dressed, and has the perfect body of a supermodel! I mean, have you seen those legs?"

"Y-yes, they are quite a sight."

"And she's usually wearing long sleeves, but don't think I didn't see her biceps," a goofy smile appeared on her face "they're barely noticeable so she doesn't look like a gym freak, but they're just strong enough that she could've crushed me if she wanted, but her hugs are still so warm and soft..."

"Darling, I think you're..."

"And she has Abs! ABS!"

Rarity hesitated for a moment, before coughing and admitting quietly. "That I did notice."

"But, what I like the most about her... is that smile," she let out a long sigh, as the colors of her face slowly came back to how they originally were "that no matter what happens, no matter how much she teases me, makes me mad or sad or anything, I just can't get myself to be angry at her. And she's teasing me all the time, because she knows I will tolerate her and forgive her every time..." her eyes went wide as she gasped "a-am I developing some kind of Stockholm Syndrome?"

A chuckle escaped from Rarity's mouth. "N-no, I don't think that's the case," she shook her head, then looked Coco in the eyes "but I think I know what's going on with you." She leaned over Coco, supporting her jaw on one hand. "You're in love, Miss Pommel."

Coco blinked and opened her mouth to answer, but Rarity beat her to it.

"Someone very smart once told me something. You don't love because, but despite!" She said while smiling brightly. After a moment, she added. "Although, that someone was my father, so the 'smart' part is debatable as he said it after the first and only family dinner prepared by Sweetie Belle, but I digress."

Coco blinked once again, opened her mouth and waited to be interrupted again, but this time Rarity was nice enough to let her ask the ultimate question. "Uhmm... what?"

"You see darling, if you think you love someone because they are pretty, or rich, or are nice to you, but bail when the first problems arrive, then it's not the relationship you're looking for. But if you can forgive and accept some shortcomings, which I can clearly see you do, then you're a lucky girl" she sat down and let out an exasperated sigh "I know I have been through few relationships that I could use as an example, whether the fault was on his side, or mine."

"I-I wouldn't go that far..."

"I would," Rarity said, smiling dreamily "in a way, I envy you. So young, and you already have someone special in your life!"

Coco's face got covered in a deep red blush. "S-stop it..."

"No, I'm serious! And honestly, you two are already acting like a couple. Don't you want that to be true?"

Coco waited for a moment before sighing loudly. "More than anything in the world..."

"Why don't you tell her, then?" Rarity asked and waited for an answer. It never came. "You're afraid she's not into girls?" Coco's head lowered. "Because I watched how she treats you and from my perspective, she really cares about you. A lot."

Coco shook her head. "She cares about me as a friend, at best," she sighed deeply "like the little sister she never had."

Rarity tried to find something to say, but instead let out a loud sigh and patted Coco's head before sitting next to her. "If you want some help, I suppose I could subtly ask her if she has someone on her mind, without ever mentioning your na-"

"No!" Coco said in what was the most assertive tone she had the entire day. Still avoiding looking at Rarity, she continued. "I get what you're trying to do and I really, really appreciate the kindness... but as much as it sometimes hurts to hold it back, I... I want to do it at my pace." She raised her head and looked up slightly. "The day we first met, I was... I was a mess! Nothing was going right, I let myself be pushed around, thinking that was the way it was supposed to be... but then she appeared, out of nowhere, and told me to get a hold of myself. And I did. I did something by myself. For myself! I was in control for the first time in my life!"

She finally managed a small smile as she turned to Rarity. "I'm not exaggerating when I say she taught me how to be happy! She pushed me forward to make the first step, but I walked the rest by myself! And if I ever take another step and decide to tell her everything... I want to do it by myself!" She proudly announced, before blushing and turning away again. "H-however long it takes..."

For a longer moment, Rarity sat with her mouth wide open, before bursting into a polite chuckle. "I can't say I agree with your method, but it can't be helped," she stood up, shrugging "as much as I want to help, you seem to have already made your decision," she extended her hand to her along with a smile "I guess I'll have to stand aside and cheer you on from the sidelines."

Coco looked at Rarity for a moment, before nodding and accepting the hand helping her stand back. "Thanks, it means a lot to me. And, well, thank you for letting me ramble. I, uh, I needed that."

"Anytime, darling. It's not healthy to keep it inside you for this long."

Coco immediately replied. "That's what she sa-" She immediately closed her mouth with both of her hands.

Rarity stood dumbfounded for a moment, before snorting. "Yes, she is rubbing off on you. In many more ways than one," she looked around, before smiling slyly "Yes, that's what I said!"

The two shared a healthy laugh for a while, before deciding to go back to the group.

"Remember Coco, you can always come for help to your friends," Rarity reassured her "that's what they are for. Now let's head back before Rainbow makes up some weird rumors again."

The living room was more or less how they left it, except the score on the screen was now 100% to 94% and Sunny, from slightly tired and sweaty but determined became near dying of exhaustion, lying on her all fours and breathing heavily and loudly as Pinkie Pie fanned her head with an instruction booklet to one of her games.

"Wow, you're almost caught up to me!" Sunset, slightly more disheveled but otherwise still perky, said. "Good job, it took me ages to get where you are!"

Sunny barely raised her head enough to look at her double. "Don't... huff... patronize... huff... me..."

Sunset smiled even brighter. "Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it. I mean, it took me ages to switch from hooves to hands. If a unicorn can do this, then so can you!"

"I... huff... admit defeat... huff... but just... shut up!"

As the two fashionistas joined the rest of the group, Rainbow Dash took notice first and smirked at them.

"Damn Coco, first Fluttershy, now Rarity?" She whistled at her. "I didn't know you were such a player!"

Rarity leaned to Coco. "Just ignore her, she'll get bored of it."

"Meh, I've heard worse!" The two shared a giggle, completely bypassing Rainbow Dash and joining the couch crowd.

Just as the song was about to start, this time between Pinkie Pie and a Twilight 'very uncomfortable about moving her body in front of others, even though they're all friends' Sparkle, Limestone entered the room, her face about as angry as she usually was.

"PINKIE PIE!" She shouted, no doubt scaring whatever ghosts hid in the area, as she walked with heavy steps toward her upbeat and smiling little sister. "Did you take out the trash? Like mom and dad told you to?!"

Pinkie Pie stood frozen in place, blinking once as her chipper smile remained as it was. "Yyyyyyeeeeemmmmaaaaaaayyyyyybeeeeebutnotreallysorry..." Her smile slowly faded away under the weight of the frown that only a disappointed big sister could muster. She swallowed, then slowly turned to the door. "I'll get it done right away, be right ba-"

Limestone sighed, grabbing Pinkie's sleeve as she passed her. "Don't bother, I'll do it," she said begrudgingly "you have a party to run."

Before she managed to leave, Limestone stumbled under the weight of a teenage girl's body now hanging over her back. "P-Pinkie Pie, let me go!" She tried to shake her off to no avail.

"Oh thank you, thank you Limey..."

"I told you not to call me that!" Limestone grunted. "B-besides, I didn't do it for free, i-idiot..." She added with a slight blush.

"Two slices of cake?"

"Three, with a lot of whipped cream. Now let me go!"

"Okie-dokie-lokie!" Pinkie released her oldest sister, who looked at the group for a moment before leaving the room, grumbling along the way. Pinkie waved as she went away. "I have the best sisters ever!" She proudly announced to everyone else, getting subtle, mixed reactions, most of which her idealistic mind was too oblivious for and nobody had the heart to tell Pinkie just how little they wished to see of her.

Then they went back to the game, but as soon as the two were getting into a (very one sided) match, a pair of two loud sirens started wailing from two different cellphones. Coco was the first to pick hers up to check what it was, gasping loudly at the revelation.

"Quick, turn to the news channel!" She said, Pinkie saluting and grabbing the remote to do as asked, while Twilight sighed with relief.

'Emergency App' was a curious, one dollar application that alerted people of any immediate dangers that were happening in their location, be it floods, traffic, robberies in progress or even bad weather. It was a perfect tool for a superhero on a budget. Everyone else gasped when the newscast broadcasted live a scene of a large apartment building under fire, with all the windows cast in flames, as several firetrucks blocked the road from the onlookers. The firefighters tried their best to extinguish the flames and enter the building, where a lot of people were still trapped inside, according to scrolling text underneath.

"Oh dear!" Fluttershy mumbled.

Sunset tsked as she bit her finger. Crap, if I knew this would've happened, I wouldn't have kept on taunting Sunny to continue playing the game and tire her out-

"I'm on it!" Sunny suddenly announced, standing proud and ready dressed in her magical girl outfit, the one she used during the hostage situation from way back when, except without a cape this time. Again, she was a fast learner.

"TOO FAST!" Sunset shouted, pointing a finger at her. "Weren't you almost completely drained and gasping for air just a few seconds ago?"

Sunny shrugged. "I got better." She then turned to Pinkie Pie. "Don't start the cake without me, Diane. I'll be back in a jiffy! Sun'ya!" And then she vanished from the spot, and almost immediately after they noticed her inside the TV screen, already announcing herself to the public and talking with the very confused, but desperate for help, firefighters.

Sunset sighed deeply as she plopped on the couch, right between Rarity and Coco. "I give up! I don't get her at all!"

"Tell me about it!" Coco deadpanned, then concentrated on the news broadcast, where Sunny already vanished for a moment, before reappearing with a terrified old lady in her night gown and handing her to the paramedics before vanishing again, this time for a longer while.

---

Meanwhile, just outside the house, Limestone put the lid on the trash can. So totally worth all this cake! She smiled lightly for a moment, before souring once again. Great, now I'll have to go back to the gym to burn those calories... stupid Pinkie Pie and her stupid tasty treats!

Unsure of what her true feelings were and if she agreed with them, she looked at the windows to the living room, where she could see her sister and all of her friends. Her eye twitched as she noticed one of them being, well, two!

"What the...!?" She blinked a few times, then rushed inside the house and ended up in the living room once again, where everyone stopped playing and was just lying on the couch and chairs, watching the news of Magical Girl Sunny saving the day. She looked at the group, Sunset Shimmer in particular, narrowing her eyes. Sunset looked back, but having her soul pierced by a gaze that gave cockatrices a run for their money, she couldn't answer, and neither could the others.

After a while, Limestone sighed and walked away. "I'm seeing things..." She mumbled, leaving the group as confused as they were scared.

Some time passed and the group went back to observing Sunny's heroic deeds on the television. As Coco watched her beloved hero in action, she noticed Rainbow Dash leaning towards her. "So, between the two of us," she started, somehow giving Coco goosebumps (and not because she was talking with a relative stranger!) "which one is next?"

Coco hesitated. "Uh, pardon?"

"First Fluttershy, then Rarity, who will you seduce next? I wanna say Twilight, but if you want a different experience, I suggest AJ. And before you ask, no, my hair color doesn't automatically make me a les-"

SMACK!

"Oww! Still worth it!"

With Rainbow's impure remarks under control, they watched the tragedy turning into a heroic story, as Magical Girl Sunny kept teleporting with more and more people more or less unhurt. They even managed to chuckle when she teleported with a panicking cat swiping wildly in the direction of her face, as she held it far away from herself, but still managed to get a few cuts on her face regardless. Heroic willpower prevented her from tossing it into a nearby trash can, instead giving it back to its owner, earning herself one more little girl into her fanclub.

While everyone in the group was mostly cheering on their heroine, Sunset sat quietly with her hands crossed and Fluttershy noticed her first. "Sunset, is something wrong?" She asked quietly. "I know you're worried about Sunny, but she seems to have it all under control." She said so at the same time Magical Girl Sunny panicked a little as she noticed that her left sleeve was on fire, but she quickly patted the flames away then sighed with relief, only slightly embarrassed that it was caught on camera. "Well, mostly under control."

"I'm not worried," Sunset answered "I just can't help but notice that she doesn't try to extinguish the flames with her magic."

Fluttershy hummed, before saying. "W-well, she's prioritizing saving lives. That's the most important thing!"

"True, but if she got at least some of those flames under control, it would have made her job a lot easier, not to mention safer for people and herself! I'm sure she knows that much!" She leaned toward the screen, holding a hand at her chin. "I know fire was my specialty back in the day, but I did know a few fire extinguishing spells as well." Princess Celestia forced me to learn after a few unfortunate accidents in the library, but I don't feel like talking about the past. Not today. She turned to Coco. "Does she know any other spells than what we saw?"

Coco put a finger to her chin and hummmed. "Hmm, no, I don't think so. Since day one it was mostly teleportation, levitating stuff and shooting fire. Oh, and the 'Sunny Blast' and 'Sunny Punch', but those are more like variants of her normal powers." She thought for a moment longer. "There's also vanishing the bullets out of guns! No, actually that's just very precise teleportation too."

"Woah, hold the phone!" Rainbow Dash interjected. "She does what with bullets?!"

Coco nodded, smiling proudly as she explained. "Yeah, she teleports bullets straight out of clips and magazines! She needs to see or know exactly where objects that are being teleported are, so she memorized the blueprints of every popular modern gun she expects to see on the streets," her face went slightly blushing "I think we almost gave the librarian a heart attack when we borrowed a huge stack of books on firearms back in the day," she laughed sheepishly "we switched to ebooks since."

"Awesome." Rainbow quietly admitted and everyone else nodded in agreement.

Sunset's face didn't change from before. "I'll take that as a no. I can think of several spells that could greatly enhance her skills."

"How do tha unicorns learn new spells?" Applejack asked. "Do ya have magical classes or somethin'?"

"Well, a typical unicorn instinctively learns a spell that matches their cutie mark. As for everything else, we learn it in magical schools. Princess Celestia runs the greatest academy in Equestria, though I doubt Sunny could attend it, for obvious reasons."

"Ah think there is someone who can teach'er," Applejack smiled, her gaze drilling into Sunset "someone we all know and are good friends with?"

Sunset blinked a few times. before gasping at the realization. "Oooh, of course!" She smiled brightly as she stood up. "I can ask Princess Twilight!" She didn't notice as her friends fell on the ground. "While she can't come here, what with being a princess of friendship and having tons of duties in Equestria, they could use the magical journal to talk to each other and set up some sort of correspondence courses-"

"Ah was talking 'bout you, sugarcube."

A few seconds passed. Magical Girl Sunny just levitated a middle aged man only in his bathrobe straight into the safety of the ambulance.

Sunset scratched her head. "I-I don't know, I mean, I know I was an all A student and it's my magic, b-but I don't think I'm cut out to be a teacher..."

Rainbow Dash raised an eyebrow. "Just like you weren't cut out to be a nice girl after the she-demon thing?"

"W-well, that's-"

"Or how you thought you weren't good enough to sing in the band?" Rarity added.

"That was-"

Fluttershy joined in. "Or how you doubted you could've done anything without Princess Twilight, but ended up turning into Daydream Shimmer and saving the day?"

"An' don' forget who's teachin' th’ Dazzlings how ta fit in society."

Pinkie Pie raised her hand. "Oh, remember when we told you to not fight Magical Girl Sunny on your own, but you did it anyway and held up your own despite having no magical powers and only two barely functioning magical devices (no offense Twily) and only ended up with several bruises and a damaged friendship, though mostly because Coco got involved and almost got hurt and... and..." she noticed a few glares aimed straight at her. She smiled sheepishly and shrugged. "Uh, too soon?"

Ignoring her with a large eye-roll, Applejack's eyes went back to Sunset, who shrugged her arms in resignation.

"Okay, point taken. I don't know how much I can do, but I guess I can try teaching her a thing or two about her power. My power- old power. If she wants my help, that is."

"If it will make her safer out there," said Coco "then I will force her, if it's the last thing I do! Though knowing her, she will jump at any opportunity to get stronger."

"Fair enough." Sunset nodded and sat on the couch once again to enjoy the show of heroics. She would never admit it to her face, but she was really impressed with her technique. Even with her true potential still locked, the number of missing people from the burning building decreased to only a few unaccounted for, which Magical Girl Sunny was already looking for.

"Am I the only one with regrets here?" Rainbow Dash suddenly asked.

"About what?" Sunset asked her back.

Dash pointed at the screen. "She's busting her ass out there, saving dozens of people and stopping crime, and we just sit here, play games and eat cakes," she crossed her arms, slouching back into the couch.

Rarity nodded. "It can't be helped. With the way our powers work, we would most likely end up getting hurt and make the situation worse!" Her head turned slightly to the side, as the memories of the robbery at Jewelry Store came back to her. Everyone knew all too well that having her money and earrings stolen would have been the best possible outcome if Sunny didn't show up.

"Oh come on, don't make a frowny face on a Pinkie Party!" Pinkie Pie bounced up and turned to them. "Now that Shimmy's here, she can do what we couldn't! And if we ever get super speed, super strength, talking with animals, making stuff blow up, telekinesis, crystal creation and mind reading, THEN we could become superheroes like her!" She gasped at the sudden realization. "We could become The Magnificent Eight!" She announced with a smile, before turning to Coco. "Nine!" Then she noticed Spike on her lap (when he got there was a mystery). "Uh, ten? This constant counting is really confusing!"

Rainbow Dash shook her head, but couldn't help but snort anyway. "Yeah, like any of that is going to happen..."

If only she knew...

Meanwhile in the television realm, according to the scrolling text on the bottom, every single person and animal in the apartment building was accounted for and in safe hands, minus a few burns and traumatizing experience. With Sunny's help with the rescue, the firefighters were able to put a lot more effort into, well, fighting the fires, thus keeping it under relative control. The chief of the department was currently vigorously shaking Sunny's hands, his eyes tearing up not only from the heat, as Sunny couldn't help but smile at the appreciation she was showered with by him and public alike. With one last catchphrase, she bid them farewell and vanished from the place. All the party girls expected her to pop up anytime soon, but after a few seconds she was still notably absent. Instead, Coco got a text message.

Back home, need to freshen up. Be there in few minutes.

Coco smiled at the text and was about to relay the message, when she got another.

DO NOT start the cake without me!

Without anything else to do while waiting for the main guest, Pinkie Pie turned the console back on. Twilight Sparkle was panicking about playing again and was this close to inventing a teleportation belt here and now to escape, but the peer pressure prevented her from it. Coco wondered why she was so scared of a little game.

Fifteen seconds into the song, she found out and had to force herself to look away from the crying, but somehow funny in a cruel way, trainwreck of a dancer.

"Why do you force her to do it?" Coco asked, taking huge pity over Twilight's fate.

"She lost a bet," Sunset explained shortly "she dug her own grave," her frown growing with each passing second "and I thought Princess Twilight was an awful dancer."

A few moments passed and the group decided to just look away and let her have what little dignity she would have left after the song was over. Applejack turned to Coco and spoke up.

"So, how're ya doin', sugarcube? We've been talkin' bout Sunny all this time that we almost forgot yer even 'ere."

Coco turned to the farmer girl, then to every other that looked her way. She smile brightly and nodded. "I-it's okay, she's kind of a big deal. Besides, my life kinda sorta revolves around her anyway," she said, a small blush appearing on her cheeks "a-and, to be completely honest with you all, I... I didn't really want to come here at first," she waved her hands in front of her to stop anyone from any reaction "b-but I'm having fun, a-and you're all so nice, and, well, I'm happy to be here, actually..."

This earned a warm smile out of everyone involved, Applejack most of all. "Welp, we've known ya less than a day and yer already like family to us."

Coco scratched her head, turning her gaze away. "Aw, shucks... I-I don't know what to say..."

"You don't have to say anything, darling," Rarity said, placing her hand on Coco's shoulder.

"O-okay..." After a small pause, she Cocoughed and channeled her inner Sugarcoat to utter in the best monotone she could muster. "No comment." And then she held her mouth from bursting into laughter... for about three seconds, and neither could the others. The song ended well into their fit of laughter and Pinkie Pie joined them, despite not being aware of the subject. Twilight didn't laugh, instead sat in corner and cried over her performance and had to be hugged and patted several times to cheer up. She got better after they explained that she wasn't being ridiculed.

"Hooneeeeey! I'm hooo-ooome!" Sunny suddenly announced. "Wait, that's not my home..."

Everyone turned toward their heroine with smiles, except...

"W-wait!" Sunset jumped from the couch in front of Sunny and scanned her new clothes. She was wearing thigh long white shorts and a short sleeved white t-shirt, with a smiling, cartoon t-rex on it. She was smiling ear to ear, and her hair was back to how it always was, except it was still a bit wet from the quick shower she just took.

Sunset's eyebrow twitched. "What. Is. This!" She asked, pointing at the top and bottom of Sunny's attire.

"My spare pajamas. The new one is all sweaty and yucky, so-"

"YOU HAD THIS ALL ALONG!?"

"Yep! Gotta have something on the laundry day, and someone here doesn't approve of sleeping in nude!" She eyed Coco, who blushed only slightly while making the 'Well excuse me!' frown.

"B-but, but... then what was all that kerfuffle for? The arm-wrestling and... and...?"

Sunny shrugged. "Mostly for fun."

Sunset opened her mouth and closed again and again, until she groaned loudly and joined Twilight in the corner, though for a different reason. As the two recovered their dignity and sanity, Sunny clenched her fist in victory.

"YESSS! Score one for Best Sunbutt!"

The rest of the crew rolled their eyes, but refrained from further comments and waited for the party proper to resume.

And then they ate cake.

Author's Note:

The slumber part will continue for one more chapter. Hope you're enjoying it as much as I am, despite the slowness of the updates. Life doesn't want me to write fanfiction, neither does brain, but I rarely listen to them anyway.

You really should feel sorry for Coco Pommel from Equestria. Her Sunset Shimmer left the realm long before they met, so nothing sparked. They're probably both feel some emptiness in their hearts that they can't properly explain.:fluttercry:

Today's anime is a piece of history. Not just a bit of it, but THE start of what Magical Girl Genre started as.
(warning, the song is quite catchy for it's age)

Mahou Tsukai Sally (Sally the Witch) is THE oldest anime that showcases a little girl with magical powers, so old that first batch of episodes was in black and white, before later having colored episodes and a remake/sequel series twenty years later. By now you probably don't expect much in the plot department, and that's what you're getting. Sally is a princess from a magical world that came to this world and magical hijincks appear as she tries to blend in. And I would've ended here, if not for the fact that I was one of the lucky people who actually watched it in television as it aired.

Did I mention I'm old?

In the early 90's, there was a block of anime imported from Italy on Polish TV, way before we knew what anime was. That's where I watched old classics like Yatterman (I knew it as Yattaman), Himitsu no Akko-Chan (another magical girl series that I could sometimes talk about), Kaiketsu Zorro (the best Zorro adaptation EVER), Tiger Mask (that weird new version everyone is weirded by? I watched one of the older ones), Daimos (first giant robot show I ever watched) and the list goes on. I don't try to be an anime hipster, it just happens. Anyway, despite being a girly girl show, Sally somehow grabbed my attention. I don't remember much of it, just snippets.

There was an episode about an indian transfer student girl that tried so desperetely to blend in Japanese society, she made everyone around mad and in the end learned to just be herself. Yes, Italy and Poland were allowed to say that Japan exists, we didn't need to pretend every show is in our country (jelly bean donuts, anyone?).

Or one where everyone in class, girls included, were encouraged to dream big and not let the society dictate how they should live and work. That's... progressive for a 60's japanese show for kids (or was it the 80's version? I'm not sure).

Someone smarter than me could probably write a thesis on how amazing this show was and if I ever watched it again as an adult, I have a feeling I would enjoy it just as much, but in a different way.

On a side note, while the most often used title is "Mahou Tsukai Sally", the original manga was called... "Mahou Tsukai Sunny". I just found out recently and it made me smile.