• Published 27th Sep 2016
  • 1,635 Views, 75 Comments

Loyalty in Brass - Mr BHunt



Once a normal knight, now a hollow soul in armour. When a Brass Knight wanders into Ponyville, how will the ponies react?

  • ...
5
 75
 1,635

Chapter 4 - The Ruined Knights

Brass Knight POV

I look back for the forth time as the two pillars of light start to fade, shrugging I turn back around and push a collapsed tree out of my way, continuing as it rolls a few metres. I notice a stone pillar amongst the tree, covered in vines but it still showed bits of brass. I mentally grin and start jogging past the pillar, soon after I find an old ruin of the Brass Inquisitors and a number of Brass Knights. I start walking towards the entrance, stepping over and past fallen tree, vines and discarded weapons. But a Brass Knight steps in my way, holding it's glaive in a defensive matter.

"What business do you have here?" It asked in a copy of my voice.

"I request a meeting with your centurion." I reply and lift my glaive onto my shoulder. "A town of unworthy pests lies a few kilometres the way I came, I think that you knights would want to do something other than patrolling this outpost." I finished and waited for the Brass Knight to respond, it raised a hand and rubbed the chin of it's faceplate.

"Yes, I think that your discovery will please the centurion. I will let you pass, I feel that the centurion will allow this extermination." The Brass Knight says and moves to the side, allowing me passage to the centurion on duty. I nodded thanks and walked into the ruined outpost.

I looked around as I walked, admiring the architecture that the Ironblades made, before their fall and disappearance. The walls were made of stone and had lines of brass running up and down, through it almost like veins. The pillars that supported the roof were like the one out side, stone and brass. The downside, in my opinion, was that vines were crawled over every surface. I walked past a few Brass Knights, a pair were talking and another three were training in hand to hand combat. I brought my mentally created smirk back, which disappeared as I saw the centurion on duty. It was a tall Brass Centurion, steel ingravings ran across it's armour. It's helmet had a torn, orange crest on the top and it's faceplate had a frowning brow, shadowing the upper half of it's surface. It had a tall, brass shield and a battleaxe, which it had placed on it's armoured hip. I stood at attention, my glaive planted on the ground and my right arm over my heart, if I still had one. It mirrored the salute, then broke it and walked over to me.

"You are one of the Brass Inquisitor hunters, correct?" The Brass Centurion asked and I nodded. "I heard that you have found a pest ridden village, you wish to exterminate them?" Another nod. "I'm afraid that I can't spare the knights, we were ordered to keep this location secure. I plan to follow those orders, I can spare one knight though." The Brass Centurion stated and slammed a fist into the wall, I immediately heard heavy footfalls and turned around.

Another knight appeared, it was the same height as the others, but that's where all similarities ended. It's faceplate was cracked down its left side, two brass plates on it's chestplate were blocking most of the knight's helmet and it's leggings were bulky, it's pauldrons were huge, giving cover to it's helmet. It's gauntlets had two shields attached to them, small diamond shaped ones. But in both of it's hands was a very special weapon, a Blazebolt Caster, a weapon that could disintegrate almost anything. I then realised that this wasn't a Brass Knight, but a Storm Praetorian. I turned back to the Brass Centurion.

"This is who I will allow to accompany you to eliminate the pests. As soon as the task is done, bring it back here. The brass Centurion said and saluted. I immediately mirrored it, then I noticed that the Storm Praetorian didn't do the salute. The Brass Centurion noticed. "This Storm Praetorian isn't part of my platioon, it wandered in and has been here since. It doesn't like orders, but it will follow them." It said and turned back to do what it was doing before.

"Let move, follow my lead." I say to the Storm Praetorian and move towards the entrance of the outpost, the Storm Praetorian soon followed and gave a growl. "We are going to exterminate some pests, are you ready to have some fun?" I ask as we leave the oupost's boundary, I hear a low reverberating growl from the Brass Praetorian.

"It'll be my pleasure." It said in a deep voice, I grinned as we moved through the forest. This is a day that I will remember, the day that I see more pests kicked off this land and into hell. I step onto a small incline and look through the trees, I spot that cottage and the pegasus that I thought I killed. I looked at the Storm Praetorian and noticed that it also saw the building and pest, it looks at me and I nod. It makes it's growling laugh and starts to walk towards the pest, arming it's Blazebolt Caster. The pest looks up from what it was doing and it screams, I mentally grin as the Storm Praetorian aims it's weapon at the cottage. It unleashes a huge line of concentrated lightning, making a sort of lazer. It tears though the house and starts moving towards the pest, unfortunately the pest was too far from it's reach and running towards the pest ridden town.

"Move down the path! Follow and eliminate that pest, as well as any others you find! FOR THE BRASS INQUISIOTRS!" I roar at the Storm Praetorian, it roars in response and starts to run after the pest. I soon followed with my glaive at the ready, I know that those two Powers are around...

...This time I'll enjoy killing them.

Author's Note:

Much OP! So Evil!
Wow Nerf!
Meh, nothing can stop me. Give feed back and if you wanna see another torn page from my old tome, send a comment. I wasn't sure if I should continue so if you wanna see it please do sent a comment.

A scrambled pile of torn pages lies in wait...