• Published 27th Sep 2016
  • 1,635 Views, 75 Comments

Loyalty in Brass - Mr BHunt



Once a normal knight, now a hollow soul in armour. When a Brass Knight wanders into Ponyville, how will the ponies react?

  • ...
5
 75
 1,635

Chapter 3 - Confrontion of Power

Brass Knight POV

I slam into a golden barrier, made by the Power. I snarl and headbutt the barrier, it shattered and I resumed my sprinting. The Power's horn glowed again and three projectiles appeared, sent speeding towards me. I barely felt the impacts and leapt into the air, the Power's face turned to surprise then determination. It flew up to meet me with a huge burst of speed, but unfortunately it wasn't ready for me to spin and whack it back downwards. I snarled and sent out a burst of lightning at the Power, it suddenly and surprisingly summoned a golden sword and dashed back. The lightning missed and I landed with a thunderous boom, quickly I raised my glaive to meet the speeding Power. But it suddenly stopped and sent out a powerful kick as it turned around, I stepped back at the force and raised my glaive again. But as the Power flies towards me, I thrust my glaive at it and a more powerful lightning bolt is unleashed, surprisingly the Power screams and is thrown back. I growl and start to sprint at the downed Power, rushing it before it can respond. I was just about to reach the Power when it's horn glows and it disappears in a flash, but I don't stop sprinting and slam my boot into the ground and use that to spin around. I spot the Power a few metres away and point my glaive to the side, waiting for the right time to strike. The Power teleports again, but I was ready and with a turn I slam my glaive down on the Power's right side. It screams as my glaive tears through it's wing and as it rips apart it's side, my gaze was locked onto the wound. Then I hear a sound, I turn and just see a dark blue shape slam into my chest. I get sent flying back, but I quickly stop myself by grabbing onto a building. I look up and find that another Power was in play and it had a horn, wings and was a dark blue. I stand up and grip my glaive in both hands, this one wasn't playing around. It flew at me with unreal speed and held a blue spear in it's magical grasp, quickly I tried to block the blow but it suddenly curved around me and dashed into my back. I tried to swing my glaive around but the Power was too fast and dashed up to my helmet, but it didn't attack. It instead touched it's horn on my vison, my vision starts to zoom out and I roar as my vision fades...

Inside the mind of the Brass Knight

I opened my eyes and gazed around, I was on a red land and a heavy orange mist filled the land. I pushed off the gound and stood up, with a quick glaze I noticed I wasn't in armour. But still I knew I was just the last part of a mind, my old mind. I turn and see a patch of grass and I walk towards it, a small dagger appeared in my hand. When I got to the grass, I knelt down on it, stabbed it with the dagger and stood back up. I grinned as the grass soon died and the patch was eaten by the red land, then I spotted a dark shape in the mist. I narrowed my eyes and sent the mist to oblivion, making it disappear and revealing the second Power. I moved towards it and, it in return, started walking towards me. It's face revealing nothing, same as mine. We stopped about two metres from each other, I stared as it began to look uncomfortable.

"Did you think for a moment, that you controled this land? Or that you thought entering my mind would give you a tactical advantage?" I said with little emotion, the Power stepped back and looked shocked. "Because my mind is nothing but what you see, red and empty. I knew when my vision faded that you entered my mind, so I disabled time around this area. Do not think that you will win." I stated and continued staring at the Power.

"Thou think that We would attack thou?" The Power asked, it's voice was of a younger woman. "You attacked our sister and my little ponies! We are defending our subjects!" She said in an angered tone.

"You were late, I almost killed five of the pests you call 'subjects. That isn't counting the lives endangered when I destroyed those buildings." I stated and stepped closer to the Power. "Do not think that because you are in my mind, I can't harm you. Because I can." I said and slammed a hand around the Power's throat, then I lifted her up to my eyes. "Now.. get out of my head." I bellow and throatslam the Power, the land disappeared and my vision zoomed out again.

In the real world

I headbutted the Power as my vision returned, sending it flying back into the other Power. I roar and start to sprint at the downed Powers, the ground cracking as I neared. Then I curve stomped the white one and swung my glaive like a golf club at the blue one, heavily crippling the pair of pests. I stepped back and let my armour cool down again, but I didn't move my gaze from the mangled bodies. Finally I turned and walked towards the forest, not a single pest was in my view. I pushed the trees in my way apart and entered the old forest, not sparing a glance to the two pillars of gold and dark blue and the two Powers hovering in them.

Author's Note:

Well then, Luna's plan didn't work did it?
Who's going to stop the Brass Knight now and where will it go now?
Find out in the coming chapters.