• Published 27th Sep 2016
  • 1,635 Views, 75 Comments

Loyalty in Brass - Mr BHunt



Once a normal knight, now a hollow soul in armour. When a Brass Knight wanders into Ponyville, how will the ponies react?

  • ...
5
 75
 1,635

Chapter 2 - ...Encounters Prey

Back at Ponyville

The sounds of faint roaring and heavy thuds were unnerving the residents of Ponyville, many of whom were already locking doors and boarding up windows, the rest were just keeping an eye out as they walked. But that was interrupted by the flash of purple magic, which startled a lot of Ponies and cause a few to bolt into their homes to hunker down. Then as the flash faded and four of the six Elements of Harmony were lying, battered and broken. The rest of the remaining Ponies gasped and run to get the injured Ponies to the Ponyville hospital.

"Oh my, Is that Twilight Sparkle?"

"Yeah, but what happened to her and her friends?"

"Sweet Celestia, what happened?

Many of the group were asking and answering each other, but they all fell silent as the ponies carrying Twilight, Rainbow, Rarity and Applejack entered the hospital. Nurse Redheart immediately rushed the injured ponies on hospital beds and called for more help, after the reinforcement of nurses came she was ready.


Brass Knight POV

I growl as I stomp on another pest in my way, a Cockatrice another causality of my warpath. I stop walking and look up through the leaves, taking in the sight of the sun. I think about a day has passed when I finally look down again and what I see was another pegasus, this time a peach coloured one. I watch as it picked flowers and placed them in a little bag on it's side, I was still watching as it bumped into my leg. It fell back, holding it's nose, and looked at what it bumped into. It's face was an exact match of when I showed that purple unicorn my face, my mental grin came back as the little pegasus crawled backwards. Then when it was a few feat away and was up and ready to run, I slamed my glaive directly in front of it's path.

Then it dropped to the ground.

I tilt my head and step closer, kneeling when I got closer to the body. From my height I couldn't tell if it was breathing, but I couldn't care less. I stood up and started walking from were the pegasus came, knowing that more prey was about to meet an apex predator.

It was about an hour when I saw a little cottage, so I walked over to it. Then, out of nowhere, a thousand animals and birds appeared and tried to attack me. Key word tried, I just sent a single bolt of lightning and watch as it strikes all of the animals, jumping off and landing on others. Soon not a single animal was standing, it pissed me off. Finally I turned and spotted a town, full of those pests. I moved into a sprinters position, holding my glaive in my left hand and keeping it aimed forward, then I let out a extremely loud roar. I could see buildings shake, little unicorns and ponies jump and faint. I then began my sprint as I moved to brake neck speeds, my boots made thunderous crashes as they connected with the ground. As the town grew closer, I turned towards one of their homes, still keeping my speed.

Random Ponyville Resident POV

I turn as a sudden thunderous noise began and got louder, wondering how that storm got here unnoticed. Just as I lay my eyes on a huge metal minotuar-like thing. It smashes though my house, my eyes widen and I fall to the ground.

"NOOOOOOOO!" I scream and shake a hoof at the metal monster, which didn't stop after it hit my home. "I will get my revenge!" I scream at the metal beast.

Brass Knight POV

I didn't stop as that pitiful house crumbled behind me, I merely ran through a few more then skidded to a stop. I lean over slightly and feel my armour slowly cool off as I see steam flowing from the gaps in it. As my armour recovers after my sprint, I scan around and ready my glaive. After all, who wouldn't want revenge on the one who destroyed their home? Finally I feel my armour cool off completely so I stand up and spot another pony, this time it was a hideous pink. I merely growl and move to stomp on the new pest, but just as I was about to raise my boot, that pony...

Disappears!?

I quickly spin around and slam my glaive into the ground, narrowly missing the pink pest. I swing my glaive a foot off the ground at the pest, but the pest jumps onto my glaive. I roar and let lightning run along my glaive and into the pest, but it jumps off at the last moment and begins to run circles around me. I keep my gaze on it and raise my glaive, ready to eliminate the pest. Suddenly it disappears and I feel a sudden weight on my shoulder, I mentally grin as I release the remaining steam that was still in my armour after the sprint. My grin widens as the pest falls off, heavily burned by the incredible heat of the steam. I look around at the damage I caused and my grin disappears, only a few buildings were destroyed. So I decided to change that, I roar as I swing my glaive at one of the nearby buildings. But then I stop, a new power has entered the battlefield.

I turn and see that the new power was another pest, this time with wings and a horn. It floated down and landed lightly. It had a white coat and a very angry look, I merely stared at it. It's horn glowed and I felt that feeling again, so I swung my arm across my body and felt the feeling disappear. But from that feeling I knew that this newcomer was powerful, and that I finally had found a challenge. I lifted two fingers to the side of my helmet and then pointed at the Power, opening a mental link. The Power looked confused, surprised then scared as I spoke in a deep and very gravelly voice.

"Ready? Because the Brass Inquisitors will not give you mercy, I'm not going to give you mercy. What I do now are is me following orders, my Legate's orders. Now to wipe you off this planet!" Then I charge towards the Power, with murderous intent.

Author's Note:

How was that? Now to see if this story explodes in popularity! :pinkiecrazy:
No but seriously was it any good leave any feed back and point out and gammer grammar mistakes.

Any who the Brass Knights thought were a challenge had the honour before death of hearing that Brass Knight talk, only three cases were recorded. The Brass Inquisitors sent some of their Brass Knights to hunt for these challenges, on the orders of the Brass Legate. Page from an old tome