• Published 1st Nov 2016
  • 2,130 Views, 118 Comments

Immortal Blood and Tears - Robipony



In order to save her friends from death, Twilight sought out a means to give them immortality. However, Twilight didn't know the fate she would bestow upon them would be worse then death.

  • ...
10
 118
 2,130

Four Leaves and One Clover

"A dress isn't supposed to cover a ponies beauty but rather to magnify it. A dress in the hooves of the right sempstress can be a reflection of the pony's heart, of her soul." - Rarity, the Element of Generosity

"Come on Clover!" Puzzling Peach called out, "The store is over here!"

"Uh coming." Crystal Clover said as she followed her roommate through the crowded streets.

After Clover told Peach about her date with Wondering Wind, the other mare had demanded that they go clothes shopping. Despite her attempts to tell Peach that she had plenty of clothes, Clover found that her roommate couldn't be persuaded and found herself walking in downtown Manehattan.

"Okay, this is it!" Puzzling Peach said pointing at the clothing store sign. It was the Manehattan Carousel Boutique, a clothing store once created by the Element of Generosity, Rarity.

Crystal Clover's mouth almost dropped open. "Are you sure we can afford anything here?"

"I'm certain we can find something within our price range." Peach said with a smile.

Twilight sat in the Ponyville cafe, waiting for Shade Step to arrive. She had ordered an espresso while she waited. The sound of heavy hoof steps toward her table alerted her to the advisor's arrival.

"Why hello Princess Twilight," Shade Step spoke as he sat down across from her, "It is good *cough* to see the Princess of Friendship outside of her glass bobble."

Looking up from her beverage, Twilight examined the advisor's features. It would seem that Shade Step wasn't aging very well, probably due to the cancer he had been diagnosed with a year ago. His mane and tail were now completely white and his features were almost skeletal, possibly a side effect caused by the chemotherapy he had gone through.

"I was told you had some matters you wished to discuss with me." Twilight said, holding back any resentment she had for her rival.

"Indeed." The advisor answered, brandishing a folder, "As I am certain you are aware of there has been news of Changelings in Yakyakistan that have learned how to take on the physical appearance of the yak population. I would strongly recommend that we close our borders to the occupants of Yakyakistan until we discover a means to uncover the imposters. *cough* I would also like to recommend that you have someone talk with Thorax and see if he has any ideas *cough* on this matter."

The request that Shade Step made did seem reasonable, so Twilight nodded.

"I can agree to that."

"There is also another matter *cough* I would like to discuss." Shade Step said while coughing into a napkin.

"And that is?" Twilight inquired.

"It pertains to that expedition you took *cough* a while back," Shade Step answered, "however, I first need to ask you a quick *cough* question. What do you know about vamponies?"

The advisor's question caused Twilight's heart to stop. How did he know about them? From the gleam in Shade Step's eye, Twilight's response hadn't gone unnoticed.

"Apparently a fair bit." The advisor spoke, "Truth of the matter, it wasn't until recently that I began to believe *cough* that such creatures existed either. However, my sources *cough* indicate not only that they have been around for a while, but that their activities *cough* increased shortly after that little excavation of yours."

"What are you saying?" Twilight growled.

Shade Step smiled, "I am merely pointing out the facts, which is that there is an enemy force within our borders that *cough* must be dealt with."

At least he wasn't trying to say that Twilight was somehow responsible.

"And I believe I can help *cough*," Shade Step spoke, "however, it would be difficult for me to do so if I am dead."

"Why are you bring this up to me?" Twilight inquired. In response, Shade Step pulled out his smartpone.

"Glimmer activate." Shade Step said giving the voice command.

"This is Glimmer at your service." The App replied.

"Glimmer *cough* what is your name?" The advisor asked a wicked smile growing on his face as he held the phone up to his mouth. Soon it dawned on Twilight what Shade Step was trying to do.

"I don't understand your inquiry." Glimmer replied.

"Tell me Glimmer, isn't your full name, Starlight Glimmer?" Shade Step asked, "The same Starlight Glimmer that wiped a whole town *cough* of their Cutie Marks and then later defeated Queen Chrysalis?"

"I-I don't understand what you mean." The App stuttered.

"Enough!" Twilight exclaimed, "What is it that you want Shade Step?"

Shade Step set the phone down on the table.

"Isn't it rather obvious." The advisor spoke, "I wish to continue to serve Equestria's needs. I want what Glimmer possesses. A digital body of my own."

"Try this one on!" Puzzling Peach said giving Clover another dress to try.

For the past half hour Crystal Clover had been stuck in the changing room, while Peach ran all over the store finding clothes for Clover to try out. This had resulted in Clover trying on various dresses... some of which she wasn't too fond of.

"Oh you look so cute in that!" Peach exclaimed.

"I-I'm not so sure about that." Clover replied.

The current outfit that Peach had forced Clover to wear was some sort of sweater, only it lacked any sleeves and an opening in the back, which left her legs and back exposed. Apparently this type of outfit had been called, Stud Killer. While Crystal Clover thought it looked nice it wasn't something she would want to wear in public, perhaps in the privacy of her own home. Maybe it would be something nice to wear for her husband.

This stirred up thoughts of her and Wind being a married couple and living under the same roof. Such thoughts made her blush.

"Fine." Peach answered, "I'll go find something else."

"T-thanks." Clover said as Peach walked away.

While Puzzling Peach might feel like an annoyance at times, she was the closest thing Clover had to a sibling. When Crystal Clover had still been living in the Crystal Empire she had an older brother named Emerald Leaf. Sadly her brother had been diagnosed with a bizarre mental disease that slowly deteriorated his mind. Clover's family had done everything they could to halt Emerald Leaf's mental deterioration and while they did manage to stall the illness, it still continued to decay his mind.

After a year, Emerald Leaf was no longer himself but instead possessed the mindset of a ravenous animal. The hospital staff had to restrain him and give him medication to keep him passive. Then about five years ago, Clover's family had awoken to a phone call from the hospital saying that Emerald's heart had stopped and that the young stallion had passed away.

It was because of what had happened to her brother that Crystal Clover had decided to become a nurse. That way Clover might be able to save other ponies from suffering the same fate as her brother. However, as her studies went on, Clover realized that she would need to travel to Manehattan in order to further her education. So she transferred with a few of her other students and in the process, Crystal Clover met Puzzling Peach.

"Try this one!" Peach exclaimed, pulling Clover from her thoughts.

It was a red dress with some green strings in the back. Taking the garment, Clover went back into the dressing room and tried it on.

"It looks okay." Clover said.

"I don't know," Peach said stroking her chin, "I think it makes you look like a strawberry."

"But I like strawberries." Crystal Clover answered.

"That doesn't mean you should look like one." Peach said, "Let's try something else."

Puzzling Peach took the dress and walked away to search for another dress. As Crystal Clover waited she pondered the fact that she had never shared any of her family matters with Wondering Wind. Granted she didn't know much about his family either, aside from the fact that he was raised by his aunt.

'Now that I think about it.' Thinking back, Clover realized that Wondering Wind would often try to dance around the subject when questions pertaining to his parents came up. If they were going to be in a serious relationship together they shouldn't be holding any secrets from one another.

'Perhaps if I talk to him about my family, he will be more willing to discuss it.' Clover thought.

"Here try this on." Puzzling Peach said as she returned. The dress, Peach presented was sleek and black with patterns resembling scales embroidered into the fabric. It covered her body, with only her arms exposed along with a short slit that went up the side of the dress, to give a slight view of Clover's Cutie Mark.

Putting the dress on, Clover was surprised by how well it fit her frame. It almost felt like another layer of skin.

"What do you think?" Clover asked as she stepped out of the dressing room. Puzzling Peach smiled seeing her friend in the black dress.

"It looks great on you," Peach said, "we are definitely buying that dress. I am sure your stallion friend will love it."

Thinking about what Peach said made Clover frown a bit, "But when I graduate I plan on returning to the Crystal Empire. How can Wondering Wind and I continue this relationship when we are that far apart?"

"Who knows," Peach spoke as she put the dress back onto the hanger, "nopony is saying you guys have to stay where you are. Perhaps one day you can return Manehatten or maybe Wondering Wind could arrange to go with you to the Crystal Empire."

"I suppose," Clover sighed, "but that seems like an awful lot to ask of him."

The two mares walked to the front counter, where a mare with blue fur and an orange mane tended to the cash register. Puzzling Peach set the dress down on the counter and began rummaging through her purse for her wallet.

"Start small," Puzzling Peach said as she pulled out her Bit Card, "perhaps make him something to eat, after all you know what they say about stallions and food."

"What?" Clover asked a bit confused by Peach's statement.

"The way to a stallions heart is through his stomach." Peach replied as she finished paying for the dress.

"Ohh... I suppose I have heard of that saying." Crystal Clover answered, "I wonder what I should make?"

"Why not make him some sort of dessert?" Peach suggested as she took the bag containing the dress from the cashier and gave it to Clover, "You do make a really nice pie. Perhaps Wind would like some."

"Yeah, I am sure he would like that." Crystal Clover said as Peach and her left the clothing store, "I'll stop by the supermarket to pick up some supplies."

"Well, it is time for me to head off to work." Peach said with a smile, "Make sure to save me a piece."

"Are you insane!" Twilight yelled, causing some of the other ponies at the nearby tables to stare at her and Shade Step. Shade Step continued to focus his attention on Twilight, ignoring the observers entirely.

"I don't think so," The advisor replied calmly, "I think it is very logical *cough* that as an advisor of the celestial court, that if any pony's mind *cough* should be preserved it should be mine."

While Twilight could see were Shade Step's statement was logical, as far as she was concerned this could just be another attempt of his to rival her actions.

"I am not going to store your consciousness for your selfish reasons!" Twilight growled.

"Are you saying your reasons for storing Starlight Glimmer's mind were for *cough* unselfish reasons?" Shade Step inquired.

"Tha-that was different." Twilight replied.

"Really?" Shade Step smiled. "How so?"

"She was bitten," Twilight answered, "if I didn't do it, she would have become a vampony!"

"And I have a fatal cancer." Shade Step scowled, "Not only that but I contain knowledge on war strategies and war magic, that far exceeds the knowledge of my predecessors. My mind is necessary for the preservation of Equestria, whither you believe so or not! *cough* The friendship you like to talk about isn't going to keep all the monsters at bay! More will come and when they do *cough* you will need the knowledge that I possess!"

"Look I did it to save Glimmer but even now I feel that it might have been a mistake to do so," Twilight replied, "I am not going to put another pony through that!"

Shade Step's eyes were filled with rage. He was about to protest when another coughing fit hit him, causing him to pull out his handkerchief and cover his muzzle. Once he was done, Shade Step stuffed the fabric away but not before Twilight caught of glimpse of the small amount of blood on it.

"Fine!" Shade Step said standing up from his chair, "However, when the vamponies and changelings join forces, and come knocking on your crystal door, don't come to me for help!"

Shot Glass's stomach was tied in a knot as he walked down the Manehattan street. His little bug had picked up a conversation inside Wondering Wind's apartment and it had unsettled him. While a part of Shot Glass was grateful that Wondering Wind hadn’t been replaced with one of Chrysalis's changelings, the fact that his friend was now a vampony was troubling.

Just thinking that his friend was some supernatural creature that viewed ponies like a juice box made Shot Glass sick. However, had Wondering Wind really changed? He seemed to be the same pony as before. Could Wind really be a blood sucking menace?

As Shot Glass pondered this, his smartpone made a soft beep. Pulling out the phone, the Glimmer App turned on.

"Good afternoon Shot Glass," The purple maned mare on the app spoke, "I am pleased to inform you, that you qualified to partake in a beta test of the game, Glyph-Blinder."

Once Glimmer finished speaking another app appeared on the main menu screen of Glass's smartpone. The image was of a white pony head wearing a red blindfold. On the center of the blindfold was emblazoned the number six.

"What is this?" Shot Glass asked.

"It is a game setup by the creators to work in conjunction with the Glimmer app," Glimmer explained, "Those with this app will have access to certain activities and spells that other Glimmer users will not have access to."

So it was an extension to the Glimmer app. Shot Glass looked through the list of spells and his heart nearly froze as he read the list. Fireball, Sun Ray, Water Transference, Mirror-Gate, Mirror-Blade, Mirror-Shards; all these were spells that Shot Glass had seen locked behind layers of code. Even with all his hacking attempts, Shot Glass hadn't been able to unlock this spell list and now here it was for him to access.

"Find the necessary targets," Glimmer spoke, "and you might be able to unlock more spells for your disposal."

This was a rather bizarre situation. Not only was it kind of odd that Shot Glass had been chosen to partake in some beta test that gave him access to some unique spells but this had occurred shortly after learning about Wondering Wind's condition.

"What sort of targets are you talking about?" Shot Glass asked skeptically.

"At this point in time I can't speak of their true nature." Glimmer replied, "What I can say is that all you need to do is take a picture of them using your smartpone. Perhaps after you have made some progress, I can share with you their true nature."

Shot Glass frowned, "That seems off to me."

"It is a part of the game." Glimmer giggled, "The story would be pointless if I gave away the twist in the beginning levels. You will just have to figure it out as you play along."

While the game did seem a bit off, the fact that it would allow Shot Glass to unlock some exclusive spells on the Glimmer app was exciting.

"How do I start?" Shot Glass asked with a broad smile.

Seven Hours Later...

There was a knocking at the apartment door alerting Wondering Wind to a stranger's presence.

"Just a minute!" Wind called out as he looked around the room, making sure there were no blood products lying about. No signs of the glowing aura that the blood seemed to radiate was present.

It would seem that this vampiric curse was slowly changing, Wind's eyes as well. At times his vision would change allowing Wind to see traces of blood along with the auras of others. It would shake and waver with each heartbeat. Most of the time, Wondering Wind could choose when this vision happened and could turn it off or on with his thoughts.

However, at times when his thirst for blood grew strong this blood sight would trigger without warning. It was during those moments that he could see the red glow of blood pulsing through the veins of the ponies around him and the urge to feed would grow.

Walking over to the door, Wondering Wind looked through the peephole to see Crystal Clover standing outside.

Crystal Clover's aura wasn't a pale blue like most of the other ponies, Wind had seen. Instead her aura was a putrid green that wavered in a sickly manner. Occasionally a pattern would shimmer across Clover’s aura resembling thick scales. Perhaps this was a side effect of her receive the gorgony's blessing. Wondering Wind turned off his blood sight and took a deep breath before opening the door.

"Oh hello, Clover!" Wondering Wind said with a smile, "It is a pleasure to see you here."

"I-I just thought I might make you something." Crystal Clover said as she revealed a tupperware container, "It isn't much but I thought you would like it."

Wondering Wind took the container from Clover's hooves, "T-thank you."

"Do you mind if I come inside?" Clover asked.

"N-no, I don't mind." Wind answered, "Please come inside."

Wondering Wind held the door open and motioned for Crystal Clover to enter. Looking around the apartment Clover noted that with the exception of a few piles of homework and college books the room was rather tidy. That was nice to see when compared to the messy room her roommate had.

"Can I offer you something to drink?" Wind asked before realizing that he really didn't have anything to offer her besides water... and well... blood. Perhaps in the future he should try to save some juice or tea packets in case visitors show up.

"No, thanks." Clover answered much to Wind's relief.

"Is there anything you would like to talk about?" Wind asked as he placed the tupperware container in the kitchen before returning to his guest.

"Actually yes," Crystal Clover replied her smile fading away, "I wanted to talk about... us."

"Okay." Wind gulped, "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, nothing like that." Clover answered, "It is just that in the last few weeks the two of us have been growing rather close. However, that doesn't change the fact that when I graduate I will need to return home."

Wind felt a lump in his throat. He was aware of this but he had hoped that perhaps something would work out.

"So I was wondering if maybe you would like to come with me after the graduation." Clover said with a small smile, "I am sure you would love it in the Crystal Empire."

"I-I don't know." Wind spoke nervously, "I honestly hadn't planned anything after receiving my Associates degree."

The truth of the matter was that Wind hadn't considered much after he had been turned into a vampony by Fluttershy. He had just tried to live life as normal as possible and to spend as much time with Crystal Clover as he could before she departed. There once had been the thought of following her to the Crystal Empire but somehow that had felt a bit... creepy to Wondering Wind. Now Clover was sort of inviting him to come along.

"Will you at least think about it?" Clover asked.

"I can do that." Wind nodded.

"Thank you." Clover smiled, "Now I should be going."

"Allow me to show you out." Wondering Wind said motioning for Clover to proceed toward the door.

Upon opening the door, Clover stepped outside into the hallway.

"Well, have a good evening," Clover said as she turned toward the elevator, "Puzzling Peach is working late tonight, so I would like to be home to welcome her back from work."

"Oh... okay." Wondering Wind said as Clover walked away.

Not sure what to say, Wondering Wind closed the door and walked into the kitchen. Sitting the tupperware container down on the counter, Wind opened it to reveal that its contents was a slice of strawberry pie. While Wind's mind wanted to eat it, he knew all too well that the food would taste like sand on his tongue.

"Should I eat it?"

Sure his taste buds would reject it, but Crystal Clover had worked so hard to make it for him. Perhaps a few bites wouldn't be so bad.

Taking the piece of pie out of the container and setting it on a plate, Wondering Wind pulled a fork out of the silverware drawer and set it by the food. With a deep breath, Wind broke a piece of the pie off with his fork and took a bite. As soon as the taste touched his tongue tears began to flow from his eyes.

"It tastes like sand."

Despite the horrible flavor, Wondering Wind continued to eat the strawberry pie. It felt as if he was swallowing large quantities of sand and while each grain of sand scrapped against the side of his throat, Wind continued to eat. As Wind cried over the meal the sound of his smartpone rang.

Wiping away the tears, Wondering Wind turned to look at the phone and saw that it was an unknown number. Both curious and looking for a distraction from the half eaten pie on his plate.

"Hello, who is this?" Wind asked.

"Wondering Wind," A familiar voice spoke, "This is BSR-3129 from Blood-Source, my employer wishes to speak with you."

"It actually wouldn't be such a bad idea, Twilight." Glimmer said as Twilight returned to the castle in Ponyville. She sat in the back of a chariot driven by two royal guard pegasi. They moved through the clouds as the sun set behind them.

"What?" Twilight asked.

"Converting Shade Step's mind into a digital consciousness." Glimmer replied. Twilight was shocked by Glimmer’s statement.

"Glimmer if Shade Step was transferred into the digital realm who knows what he could do," Twilight answered with a twinge of annoyance in her voice, "besides he would probably just try to annoy me further."

Technically Shade Step could only cause any damage if he was given access to certain programs or applications. While Twilight was certain Glimmer already knew this, Twilight just wanted to latch onto any excuse she could.

"Still he is dying and his knowledge could be helpful if the Changelings or the Vamponies become too dangerous a threat."

"What do you propose I do?" Twilight asked.

"Set him up under my supervision," Glimmer answered, "That way if he steps out of line I can do what I can to stop him and alert you to his activity."

"Glimmer I saved you because you are my friend." Twilight said.

"I understand that," Glimmer replied, "but shouldn't you try to forgive Shade Step. Sure he can be a nuisance and he has stepped out of his way to rival you and your accomplishments but perhaps that is why you should store his consciousness in the digital realm. There may come a time when the voice of reason is one that rivals your own."

"I will think on it."

Glimmer seemed to smile, "I hope you will make the right decision."

Fluttershy sat back in the chair made of jello and sighed. She had finally managed to finish looking through the box that Wondering Wind had given her. If only Wind knew what his father had written to him.

Still some of the photographs that were in the box had troubled Fluttershy greatly.

"Why did she have to be involved in this?" Fluttershy asked herself as tears dripped down her eyes.

As Puzzling Peach walked home from work, something caught her attention. In the alleyway next to her was a pony wearing a bright yellow raincoat and holding an open, black umbrella in one hoof. This was especially odd considering that it hadn't rained today. The pony adjusted their umbrella revealing that they were wearing a full face gasmask.

"Hello there." The pony said in a feminine voice that was partially obscured by the mask.

"Uh... hello." Peach replied, trying not to be rude. Aside from the odd clothing, the umbrella and well the gasmask, something felt off about this mare.

The mare with the gasmask reached into her raincoat and pulled out a ripe apple, "Care for a bite?"