• Published 1st Nov 2016
  • 2,134 Views, 118 Comments

Immortal Blood and Tears - Robipony



In order to save her friends from death, Twilight sought out a means to give them immortality. However, Twilight didn't know the fate she would bestow upon them would be worse then death.

  • ...
10
 118
 2,134

Gallery of Stone and Screams

"It is a common misconception that Batponies and Vamponies are one and the same. First off a batpony is merely a pegasus with a genetic mutation that results in it having leathery, bat like wings instead of the regular pegasus wings. A batpony can either be born with this mutation active or it can be activated either by the pegasus's environment or by Lunar magic. Either way this trait is exclusive to pegasi.

Vamponies on the other hoof are ponies that have been touched by the vampiric curse. Unlike the mutation in batponies, vampony traits can be seen in all three species of pony who have suffered the curse. The vampiric curse is truly an odd one for while it provides many weakness like the continuous thirst for pony blood (something batponies don't possess) they also have various traits that improve their chances of survival. This curse seems to have spawned from some eldritch magic from a dimension outside of our own, which I like to refer to as the Fourth Veil. From what I have been able to gather their are creatures within the Fourth Veil that desire to enter our world for reasons we can't totally understand at this time." -Star Swirl the Bearded, quoted from his book, The Blood of Beasts - Part Two

Forty Years Earlier...

Twilight sat outside of a Canterlot cafe drinking some tea as she waited for this BV fellow to show up. Seeing as it was the middle of the day and Spike was sitting next to her, it was unlikely that anything could go wrong.

The cafe was called the Dragon Princeling, named after a certain event where a small, purple dragon went too far in ‘aiding’ his princess. Due to his pride, Spike wasn't sure if he should be insulted or amused by having a shop named after one of his exploits.

Earlier she had gone to the Canterlot Boutique as the letter had instructed her, only to receive another letter from BV stating that he was going to be late and that perhaps they should meet at the cafe instead.

Taking a sip of her tea, Twilight looked up to see a cloaked stallion walking toward them. Sitting down in the seat next to Twilight the pony removed his hood.

"Hello," the stallion spoke dispassionately, "you're Twilight Sparkle I presume."

"I am." Twilight replied, "and you must be BV."

The stallion nodded, "Indeed. I see you also brought your loyal companion Spike along."

"I'm sorry," Twilight spoke keeping her eyes on the stallion, "however I wanted to make sure that you weren't trying to cause any trouble"

"No, it is perfectly understandable," The stallion raised a hoof, "I am aware that my earlier message may seem a little questionable. The fact that you didn't have any of your royal guard accompany you truly makes me feel honored."

Observing the stallion, Twilight noticed that he spoke in a monotone manner with little emotion in his voice. This shouldn't have made Twilight feel uncomfortable due to her interactions with Pinkie Pie's sister, Maud Pie. However, the way the stallion looked at her with his green eyes made her feel uneasy.

"You said you had some information for the topic I am studying?" Twilight asked.

"Indeed," The BV pulled a folder from his cloak and placed it on the table, "this is a folder containing information on an artifact that might help you achieve the goal you seek."

Twilight picked up the folder and examined its contents. What she saw within was rather bizarre.

"And you are sure this will help me with my objective?" Twilight asked unsure whether or not she could trust BV.

The stallion nodded, "Certainly. It would be unwise for one like myself to lie to an Alicorn."

Having finished his delivery, BV stood up from the table and walked away. Once the stallion was gone, Twilight put the folder into her satchel and motioned to Spike to leave, "Come on Spike, we have some work to do."

In the Present at the Gallery...

Wondering Wind walked through the gallery with a proud expression on his face. He had actually managed to ask Crystal Clover out on a date and now here they were enjoying this beautiful scenery together. Could anything be more perfect? Wind had managed to find a black suit that made him seem a bit larger than his frame actually was.

Crystal Clover wore a black dress that framed her body quite well. She had also pulled her green mane back into a ponytail. He eyes seemed to shimmer from the light in the room. She was gorgeous.

On various podiums placed around the large room were stone statues of ponies in various poses. Some in pain, some in pleasure and some in complete and total ignorance. Hanging from the walls were sculpted masks. Some that carried horrified expressions, while there were others that seemed to look out at the world with contempt. This gallery referred to by a few reviewers as "The Screaming Gallery" was a new attraction in Manehattan that promoted a very promising artist. An artist by the name of Madam Scales.

There were all sorts of various statues. One was of an earth pony stallion with a mechanical leg, which seemed to have parts that were not made of stone. Another was of a unicorn who wore a cloak and hood with a stuffed pony doll held in its stone grasp. There was another unicorn statue, which appeared to be wearing some vintage clothing that would have belonged in a museum. And still there were others placed throughout the exhibit.

However there was something about these statues that made Wind feel uncomfortable. He especially found the statue he was currently looking at as unsettling. It was a statue of an earth pony mare with a short mane and tail. On her head was a round cap. Her expression was that of pure terror as she seemed to be back peddling from something.

"This sculpture is quite unsettling." Clover said. Wind merely nodded in agreement.

"I call it, 'The Entertainer's Demise.'" spoke some mare that was standing next to them.

Turning to face the pony, Wind and Clover were startled by what they saw. The pony wore a purple hoodie that concealed many of her physical features. Her face was also concealed by a mask not to different from the one's mounted on the walls. It was a plain, white mask with two holes for eyes and some golden filigree around the edges. Seeing Wind and Clover's startled response, the mare bowed her head to them.

"Forgive me if the mask makes you feel uncomfortable," The masked mare spoke, "I have a variation of scopophobia, or the fear of being stared at by others and the mask kind of helps to ease my fears."

"Our apologies." Crystal Clover spoke apologetically, "You merely startled us is all."

"I will graciously accept your apology." The masked pony said bowing her head to the two of them.

"So you referred to this sculpture as 'The Entertainer's Demise,'" Wind spoke motioning toward the sculpture, "might I take it that you are it's creator?"

The mare did a mock movement of a curtsy, "Guilty as charged. I am Madam Scales."

"Would you mind telling us the story behind this sculpture?" Clover asked.

Madam Scales nodded, "The story is that this character was once a famous writer who wrote various books and stories. However wasn't very good at taking criticism. One day she insulted a stallion, who was not only an aspiring author but had been inspired to write by her. After receiving such a cruel insult the stallion went away with the intention of returning for revenge. Ever since then she can never have peace for her continues to kill her over and over again. A never ending cycle of death that will continue to go on until the end of time."

"That is rather dark." Clover spoke an uneasy tone in her voice. The idea of suffering a continuous cycle of pain and suffering was a very unsettling concept.

While Wind couldn't see it, he knew by her tone of voice that Madam Scales was smiling under her mask, "Of course it is my darling, the world is a dark place."

Madam Scales escorted them to another statue, this one of an earth pony stallion, wearing a lab coat and scarf while holding a chainsaw in his front hooves. A maniacal grin covered his stony face.

"What's his story?" Wind asked pointing to the statue.

"Oh just some nut who really enjoyed reading horror fiction."

As Wondering Wind examined the statue, a silent grumble rolled through his body. He needed to feed. The sound of blood pumping through the veins of those around him, filled Wind's ears. Turning to Crystal Clover he said, "Please excuse me. I need to use the facilities, I will return shortly."

"Okay." Clover smiled and Wind walked away toward the restroom. As he left there was a pregnant pause.

Madam Scales broke the silence, "So what do you think of him?"

"I don't know." Clover said blushing, "I suppose he is kind of cute."

The thought had on more than one occasion crossed Clover's mind that Wondering Wind would actually make a great husband. He was kind and gentle. Perhaps a little shy but that wasn't too bad. However some other thoughts had intervened. He was a pegasus and she was a unicorn, how would that work? Would they even be genetically compatible? If they were to have any fillies or colts would they possess any genetic defects due to the different traits their parents possessed?

With a nod, Madam Scales spoke, "Come let me show you something."

"Shouldn't we wait for Wondering Wind?" Clover objected.

"Don't worry." Madam Scales spoke, gesturing for Clover to follow, "I'm sure he'll catch up."

Crystal Clover followed Madam Scales to what appeared to be the central exhibit. On a white podium in the center was what appeared to be a pony skull, suspended by golden serpentine heads that were attached to the top of the skull before curling down to create a platform for the rest of the skull to rest on. The heads of the golden serpents as well as the pony skull appeared to be holding rubies. Two golden fangs stuck out of the skull's upper jaw.

The central exhibit was surrounded by some velvet rope dividers to ensure that nopony walked up to it without permission. Madam Scales unclipped one of the dividers and stepped through before motioning for Clover to follow. Clover followed not wanting to disrespect, Scales' hospitality.

"What do you think?" Madam Scales asked motioning toward the display.

"Well," Clover felt a little nervous, "It is beautiful in a weird sort of way."

Madam Scales nodded, "I call it the 'Skull of the Snake Goddess.' If you want you can touch it."

This seemed rather unusual to Crystal Clover. Not only had Madam Scales taken an interest in Clover and Wind, and given them both some history on her exhibits but she was even letting Clover interact with one of her most prized exhibits. Something about this just seemed off to Clover, but she couldn't put a hoof on why.

"Are you sure?" Crystal Clover asked, "What if I break it?"

"Don't worry," Madam Scales shock her hoof, "I am sure it will be fine."

Looking around, Clover was surprised to see that they had an audience. That a few of the other gallery goers were watching them. Some with envy, others with curiosity. Now with such an audience, it would be rude to reject, Madam Scales kindness.

Slowly, Clover walked up to the exhibit and touched it. The bone of the skull felt almost like how one would imagine the sensation that bone would feel like. The golden snakes felt cool to the touch. As she stroked the head of one of the serpents, a sharp pain stabbed through Clover's hoof. Pulling her hoof away, Clover discovered that there was a small cut on her hoof.

There was a murmur from the crowd as Crystal Clover withdrew her bleeding hoof for the exhibit. Upon seeing the blood one of the mares fainted and dramatically collapsed to the floor. Clover could have sworn she heard a baby rattle somewhere, however she couldn't tell where and it seemed that no other pony had noticed.

"Are you alright?" Madam Scales asked.

"Ummm... I think so." Clover held her hoof aloft, "I'm sorry if I damaged your art piece."

"The fault is mine. Please don't worry yourself."

As Crystal Clover stepped past the barrier guarding the exhibit a stallion walked up with a bandage for her hoof. Clover graciously accepted the bandage and applied it to her hoof, however an odd thought went through her mind. Had one of the snakes bitten her?

A couple minutes prior...

Wondering Wind made his way to one of the bathroom stalls and closed the door. Earlier that day he had prepared just in case something like this happened and had filled a canteen with some of the powdered blood along with a small vial of water. Emptying the water into the canteen, Wind could smell the blood as the powder mixed with the water.

Once the mixture was complete, Wind proceeded to drink the concoction down in large gulps. Fear gripped him as he remembered what had happened. How as he had left to satisfy his thirst, Wind's eyes had caught a glimpse of the veins on Clover's neck. So soft, so tender, so delicious. The thought of him piercing her neck with his sharp fangs terrified Wondering Wind.

With his thirst now satiated, Wind put the view and now empty canteen back into his suit, flushed the toilet in order to make it seem to any pony outside that he had done his business and opened the stall door. Walking over to the sink he washed his hooves before drying them with a paper towel. Upon disposing of the towel in a garbage bin, Wind left the restroom and returned to the gallery.

Stepping out into the gallery, Wind was pleased to see Crystal Clover. However this changed once he noticed the bandage on her hoof. For a moment Wind's heart stopped as he realized that Clover had been injured while he was away. Immediately, Wind ran over to Clover's side.

"What happened?" Wind asked looking Clover over for any other injuries, "How were you injured?"

Clover merely smiled, "Everything is fine. Madam Scales was showing me one of her exhibits and I accidentally cut my hoof. Nothing to worry about."

Out of the corner of his eye, Wind could see Madam Scales talking to some other ponies. Among them was a stallion that seemed to be giving her a hard time about her artwork. He was a tall stallion with a brown coat and orange mane, which he had clearly paid a whole lot of attention to styling. Over his broad frame he wore a black suit with a red tie.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm fine," Crystal Clover nodded, "However, if you don't mind I think I'll go clean up."

Wind watched as Clover walked away to the mares' restroom.

"It would seem that ill luck follows you." Madam Scales said startling Wondering Wind once again. This statement made his heart sink. Indeed ill luck did seem to follow him. No only was he now a blood soaking monster forced to hide in order to feed his habit but he had gone on a date where he was tempted to feed on his love and even though he wasn't responsible she had been injured anyway.

"Perhaps you're right." Wind frowned. The feeling of complete failure filling his stomach. This had been his chance to impress, Crystal Clover and considering her injury, Wind doubted that she would be interested in going out on a date with him again.

The Present at the Crystal Castle...

There was a knock to her door leading to the balcony outside, alerting Twilight that some pony was out there. Pulling herself out of bed, Twilight moved toward the balcony door and opened it. On the balcony stood a white unicorn mare with a purple mane and tail. Over her frame she wore a black dress. The mare turned to look at Twilight and smiled showing her teeth.

"Hello dear." The unicorn spoke her red eyes glowing in the moonlight.

"Rarity it is good to see you." Twilight said her lack of sleep forgotten, "Please come inside."

Being invited, Rarity followed Twilight into the bedroom. The room consisted of a bed, a closet, a table and a couple chairs in the way of furniture. There was also a few book shelves along the walls. Twilight pulled out a seat at the table for Rarity to sit at, which Rarity accepted.

Once Rarity was seated, Twilight sat down in the chair across from her, "So how are things going? Have you heard any news about the others?"

"Well, they've been about," Rarity spoke motioning with her hoof, "Rainbow Dash has dedicated her time to fighting other vamponies. Fluttershy has somehow done something to offend Rainbow Dash, which has resulted in her being hunted by Rainbow Dash. As for Applejack I haven't been able to locate any information on her. And Pinkie Pie has taken to spending her nightlife throwing various underground parties."

Twilight frowned, "It is a shame that both Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are in a squabble. They both used to be such good friends."

Rarity humphed, "Don't you say that. You know perfectly well why such a thing came about."

"I had no knowledge that this was going to happened to you," A sullen look swept across Twilight's face, "I didn't know that what I was doing would turn you all into the creatures you are now."

"Yes, but you didn't tell us what your intentions were either," Rarity spoke harshly, "You told us it was going to be a simple expedition to help us become closer friends. You didn't tell us anything about your desire to give us immortality."

A tear fell from Twilight's eye, "I know I was selfish and dishonest with all of you and for that I am sorry."

Rarity sighed, "Look I didn't come here to make you upset. However, you have to realize how traumatic it is, to wake up, see your younger sister now looking much older then you, not only married but pregnant with her third child. Yet, all the while you can't go talk to them or even interact with them out of fear that if you touch their wonderful world,it will shatter around you. That you will harm those you love most."

The was a long pregnant pause as Rarity's statement hung in the air.

Another sigh escaped Rarity's lips, "Anyway darling, you had asked me to provide you with more feedback on the activities of the politicians in vampony society, so I will relay my report. It would seem that there is a lot of discussion about the rise of a vampiric society that calls themselves, 'The Black Rose Society.' It would seem that their emergence has caused quite an uproar."

"What kind of uproar?" Twilight asked.

"Assassination attempts, sabotage," Rarity said shrugging her shoulders, "trying to resurrect an old vampony lord. All that ridiculous sort of things. I tried to find out more, however the vamponies I talked to either had no knowledge on the matter or refused to talk. Aside from that everything is going according to normal."

"What about Blood-Source?"

"Look I've already told you before," Rarity spoke in a perturbed manner, "I worked hard to become friends with the managers of that company. I am not just going to tell you the information they want kept secret."

"You're right I'm sorry," Twilight said raising a hoof, "I won't ask again."

"Look Twilight," Rarity said after calming down a bit, "If Blood-Source was up to something to would endanger Equestria, I would tell you. However they’re not. They are just trying to help feed an entire species, which consists largely of victims, who have been excommunicated from our world."

"I suppose you're right, Rarity."

Rarity stood up from her chair, "That concludes my report. I will be leaving now."

"Are you sure?" Twilight arouse from her seat, "You just arrived. I could fetch us both some tea if you would like?"

"Thank you Twilight but sadly I have some business I must attend to elsewhere." Rarity said stepping toward the balcony, "Perhaps we can share a cup of tea another time."

After walking out to the balcony, Rarity activated a spell and teleported away, leaving Twilight alone. Once more a feeling of loneliness swept over Twilight. Ever since the expedition, the rest of the Elements of Harmony had gone their own way, away from her. On top of that, recently, Spike had become romantically involved with Princess Ember the current Dragon Lord, so Twilight found herself spending most of her time alone in her castle.

On occasion she would have some documents to tend to at the Ponyville city hall or she would be invited to a ball in Canterlot. But generally she was always alone, forced to reminisce on what had happened to her friends. On what she had forced her friends to become. Now most of them couldn't tolerate to be around her.

While Celestia and Luna had no idea what had happened, Twilight was certain that they knew that something was amiss. How would they respond if they knew what had happened? Would they reject her, like her friends had done? Thus Twilight had decided not to involve them. Perhaps someday she would have the courage to speak about it the her sister in law, Cadance but for now, that didn’t seem likely.

This wasn't at all what Twilight had wanted.

Wondering Wind escorted Crystal Clover back to her home. Shortly after her hoof was injured, the two of them had decided to head home. The small limp, Clover had filled Wind's heart with regret. Perhaps they should have gone to something else. Why hadn't they gone to a movie or even a cafe?

Clover caught Wind eying her hoof, "Don't worry Wind I'll be fine."

"I'm just so sorry I suggested it." Wind said giving her a sorrowful glance, "If we hadn't gone out to the gallery, you wouldn't have been hurt."

"Everything was fine," Clover said, "I really enjoyed myself and I'm glad you suggested it."

Wind's ears popped up, "You did?"

"I did." Clover smiled and Wind smiled in return.

The streets were brightly lit from the light of various neon signs and advertisement screens. On a nearby screen, an interview could be seen with a Poni-tech spokesman discussing the future of prosthetic pony limbs. Poni-Tech was a company leading the way in replacement limbs for injured ponies. While still in the trial stage many of these prosthetics seemed to be working. Even their horn and wing replacements appeared to be functioning properly.

Along the way to her home, Clover stepped in a puddle of water causing her to wince. Despite her efforts to hide her pain, Wind noticed.

"Are you okay?" Wind asked worriedly.

"Yes," Clover answered, "I was merely startled by the cold water is all."

Clover didn't want to lie to Wind, but she knew he was already beating himself up over the whole incident, aside from it not being his fault, so she decided to keep her pain to herself.

After a few more steps, they arrived at Clover's house. Slowly, she walked up to the gate leading to the front yard.

"Thank you very much Wind for the date," Clover said, "We should do it again sometime."

Clover blushed a little as she realized her tongue had slipped. Had it really been a date? Perhaps Wind had just wanted to hang out. Technically he had never specified that it was a date. Would her statement deter him?

The statement lifted Wondering Wind's spirits, "Thank you. I hope we can do it again soon too."

Wondering Wind gallantly stayed by the gate until Crystal Clover had stepped into her house and had closed the door behind her. Once she was safely inside, Wind began his walk back home. The feeling of being watched made Wind feel uncomfortable as he road the subway. Considering that he was on the subway shouldn't have made this so surprising, however this sensation continued even after he had stepped out of the subway back onto the streets. Had Rainbow Dash discovered his whereabouts?

Cautiously Wind made his way home, wary of any strange ponies walking about. Carefully analyzing any movement out of the corner of his eyes. However, none of them seemed to be following him. So then why did Wind have this feeling?

More advertisements flickered on the digital panels along the way home. One of them included an advertisement by Twilight Sparkle to encourage fillies and colts to do more reading. On occasions, a homeless pony could be seen sticking their head out of an alleyway.

Stepping into the apartment complex, Wind took the elevator to the floor his apartment was on. He lived in apartment three-one-four on the third floor. Stepping out of the elevator, Wind looked around to see if there was an ambush. But no pony was there. Making his way to his apartment, he unlocked the door and once inside locked the deadbolt.

"Wind, I need to talk to you!"

The statement startled Wondering Wind making him jump and hit the ceiling with his head. Looking up from his landing place, Wind saw Fluttershy's small filly frame standing over him. It would seem that she was slowly returning to her original form.

"Fluttershy, what are you doing here?" Wind asked rubbing the sore spot on the top of his head.

"I need to talk to you." Fluttershy spoke, "it is urgent!"

"Fine but let me at least grab something to drink." As Wind pulled a powdered blood packet from a drawer and a cup, Fluttershy walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. Once Wind had finished pouring the glass, he walked out into the living room and sat in the chair across from Fluttershy.

"So what is it you need to talk to me about?" Wind asked taking a sip of powdered blood.

"Wind, do you remember the statement I made to you in the mirror world," Fluttershy asked, "You know the one about how you were still having pleasant dreams?"

"I do," Wind nodded, "What about it?"

"Well," Fluttershy stammered, not entirely sure how to explain what she needed to say, "the reason I said that was because I was afraid that eventually 'it' would come for you. Now I believe 'it' will."

Fluttershy's statement puzzled Wind, "'It?' What do you mean by that?"

"I'm not exactly sure what 'it' is." Fluttershy replied, "All I know is that it started stalking my mind because I used to be one of the Elements of Harmony. Now that it can break through my mental barriers it is coming for you."

"Why me?" Wind asked seemingly forgetting his drink, "I'm not one of the Elements."

"No, but I did sire you and because of that I am responsible for your well being." Fluttershy continued, "'it' knows this and it knows that if it manages to take control of your mind that I would have no choice to sacrifice my own mind to save you. We can't let that happen. I don't want to hurt anypony else."

Tears fell from Fluttershy's eyes as she lowered her head into her hooves. Her ears drooping to the sides of her head. Wind stretch out a hoof to comfort her.

"It's okay." Wind felt as if he was caring for his own child, "I am listening. Tell me what I need to know."

Wiping away a few of her tears, Fluttershy raised her head and continued, "This monstrosity will try to invade your mind through your nightmares. When you are within your dreamscape you will have to find your mental safe-room. Think of it as a sanctuary within your mind. Once you are inside it won't be able to touch you, however it won't hesitate in trying to deceive you to open your defenses. It will take on the form of those you love most and using that form it will torment your mind. However, you must endure its trials otherwise it will win."

Wind sighed slumping back into his chair, "First Clover was injured in the art gallery and now there is some mental invader who wants control of my mind. Madam Scales was right, ill luck does seem to follow me."

Hearing this, Fluttershy's ears popped up, "Madam Scales you say."

"Yes," Wind nodded, "She is a new artist that creates very unsettling sculptures and masks. She even wears one of them."

"Did she have an exhibit with what appeared to be a pony skull intertwined with golden snakes." Fluttershy inquired her tears now replaced with a look of caution.

"Actually, yes she did." Wind was puzzled, "How did you know?"

Fluttershy stood up from her seat, preparing to depart, "Oh just a hunch."

"So how was it?" Clover's roommate asked as she entered their apartment.

The walls were covered in a peach colored wallpaper, which was framed by some wooden framework. The floor was composed and stained oak wood. On the couch sitting in front of the television with a laptop in her lap was her roommate, Puzzling Peach.

She was a unicorn mare with an orange coat and a red mane. Her eyes were a bright pink and the mark on her flank was that of a peach composed of various puzzle pieces. Like Crystal Clover she too was a transfer student from the Crystal Empire.

"It went very well." Clover said as she closed the door behind her and walked into the living room. Upon entered Peach noticed the bandage on Clover's hoof.

"What happened?" Peach said a dark look in her eyes, "Did that stallion hurt you?"

Clover shook her head, "No, it was an accident. I accidentally cut my hoof is all."

Peach's expression softened a little bit, "That better be the case. If that stallion lays a hoof on you, I'll kill him myself."

"You couldn't hurt a fly." Clover teased.

"I could too," Peach protested, "I just haven't had a reason to yet."

Chuckling, Clover walked down the small hallway, past the bathroom to her bedroom. Once inside she proceed to remove the nice dress she had worn and prepare for bed.

Despite the accident, the night had been very enjoyable for Clover. Hopefully in the future Wondering Wind and her could go out to an official date.

With her dress removed, Clover placed it in a laundry basket to be cleaned, and left her room to brush her teeth. Once inside the bathroom, Clover pulled out a tube of toothpaste and a toothbrush. Squeezing a small amount of the past onto the bristles of her brush, Clover proceeded to brush her teeth from the top of her mouth to the bottom, brushing from her gums first. Such a task would have been difficult if she were a pegasus or an Earth pony, however being a unicorn it was easier for her to hold the brush using her magic.

Granted there were ways pegasi and Earth ponies could brush their teeth, they were just generally very difficult and sometimes they involved various apparatuses that resembled old torture devices.

After fully brushing her mouth, Clover rinsed the toothbrush in the sink before putting it into a cup to be thoroughly cleaned later. Taking a glass of water, Clover rinsed her mouth before spitting the water down the sink. Having her teeth cleaned, Clover walked back to her room. Feeling refreshed the unicorn lay down on her bed and pulled the sheets over her. As she drifted off the sleep the sound of a baby rattle could be heard in the distance.

Fluttershy flew down from the sky, landing carefully on the roof of the art gallery below. The night sky was cloudy with the lights of the city making it difficult to see the stars above. After hearing what Wind had told her, Fluttershy was suspicious that something was amiss.

Examining the rooftop, Fluttershy managed to find a skylight that she could use to enter the gallery. Carefully she pulled the skylight open and gracefully she flew down into the gallery on her leathery wings. Her landing was silent as she landed gently on the tiled floor.

Looking around, Fluttershy saw various stone statues arranged around the gallery with creepy looking masks mounted on the wall, just like Wind had described to her. This all seemed to familiar to her. Another glance around the room, revealed to Fluttershy a room to what she guessed was were some of the newer exhibits were being prepared for viewing. Without creating a sound, Fluttershy walked over to the door.

Listening intently, Fluttershy heard nothing on the other side. Feeling certain that no pony was waiting for her on the other side, Fluttershy gently opened the door and entered the room, more statues littered the room, some in various states of disrepair. In the center of the room was a new statue, this one of a stallion wearing a suit and possessing a very fancy looking mane. A look of horror stretched across his face.

"Hello there," a sinister feminine voice spoke from the darkness, "It isn't proper to enter a gallery uninvited."

Fluttershy turned to see a pony standing just outside of the shadows of the room. She wore a purple hoodie and a white mask.

"But of course you already know that, don't you?" The mare spoke as she walked toward Fluttershy, "Vampony!"

Author's Note:

Behind the Scenes:
Vamponies vs. Batponies
So one of the reasons I had this quote in the beginning is because I see a lot of people using these words interchangeably. Even one of my editors who is a great editor by the way would do this too, referring to the vamponies in my story as batponies.

However, in my mind vamponies and batponies are two different creatures and that is why this quote exist. So I could share my opinion on the matter.

The Statues
Some of the statues in this fic were actually OCs from a few members of the Use our ocs group. They are as follows:
-Techno: Techno Rustic Heart
-Magpie: Fetch
-Eclipse: typervader

The other OCs that were used as statues were implemented by me.

Romance?
I hope I am doing okay when it comes to writing the romance in this story. Due to the lack of experience of a romantic love life, due to normal lifestyle I am merely going off of what I have observed, both from my parents, relatives and what I hope would happen when I finally have a job, house and car, and thus am able to go out and find someone I love and who is willing to love me in return and share a happy life with me.

Yes, being single is lonely. On the flip side it does make going to college a lot easier.

Anyway if you have any tips for how to progress Wind and Clover's relationship feel free to suggest them, either in the comments below or via personal message. Just make sure to keep it clean okay.

WAIT A SHIP!
For those of you who don't know me very well it may come as a shock to you all that I am not a big fan of ships or shipping. Which is why it may come as a surprise to some of you as to why I have a ship between Spike and Princess Ember.

Again like I said I am not a big fan of ships and truth be told it hasn't been until recently that I have actually discovered a few ships I like. Those ships being Spike and Ember, and Starlight Glimmer with Sunburst.

However I can assure you that out of these two ships the only present is the one with Spike and Ember. There are already plans set in motion for Starlight.