• Published 1st Nov 2016
  • 2,139 Views, 118 Comments

Immortal Blood and Tears - Robipony



In order to save her friends from death, Twilight sought out a means to give them immortality. However, Twilight didn't know the fate she would bestow upon them would be worse then death.

  • ...
10
 118
 2,139

A Bizarre Friend Indeed

"The origins of vamponies is a mystery that has puzzled the minds of ponies for centuries. Some say they were created by Nightmare Moon to be a pest for her sister, others say it was a spell gone horribly wrong and then there are of course those who refuse to accept the possibility that vamponies actually do exist. However, the real question shouldn't be if vamponies exist but is there something worse." -The Count

Forty One Years Ago...

Twilight Sparkle paced back and forth inside her crystal library trying to solve a difficult problem. What would happen when her friends were gone? How would their deaths affect the Elements of Harmony, or even the Tree of Harmony?

It had been a few months after becoming an alicorn that Twilight came to the realization that she was immortal. Thus, while the Element of Magic would continue to thrive, the other Elements would fade away with the deaths of her friends. What if the loss of the Element of Kindness resulted in Discord resuming his rule of chaos? What if another threat like Tirek appeared and no pony could do anything because the Elements were no longer present?

While all these questions rolled around in Twilight's head she pushed them aside, knowing all too well the reason why she asked them. In the end, it really had nothing to do with the Elements of Harmony. It was because they were her friends. They had been her friends for so long, through thick and thin. How could Twilight live without them? While her friends died of old age around her, Twilight would continue to live on for eternity.

The realization had come to her earlier that week when she and Rarity had gone on a walk through Canterlot. As they were walking through the market, a stray carriage had nearly hit Rarity. Thankfully she had managed to dodge the cart with only a few scraps to show for the event. However, the feeling of horror Twilight felt for the loss of her friend had continued to stalk her. The horror that none of her friends would be able to dodge death's cold embrace forever.

On the train ride home, Twilight held onto her tears until she reached the castle. Lying down in her bed, Twilight sobbed and sobbed until there were few tears left to cry.

Many ideas came to Twilight's mind, however none of them would solve the problem. Even with her improved knowledge on time travel, thanks to Starlight Glimmer's efforts to stop the Elements before, Twilight knew that time travel and time looping was out of the question. More often the not messing with the fabric of space and time had serious consequences.

"Twilight, are you ok?"

Spike's question brought Twilight back to reality. Looking down Twilight saw the purple dragon standing by the door to the library. Apparently, he was heading off to sleep.

"Sorry Spike, I was just contemplating a difficult dilemma."

"Okay, well try not to stay up too late thinking about it." Spike said before closing the door to the library and heading toward his bedroom.

Twilight smiled as she resumed her pacing. If any of her friends would survive the longest it would be Spike. After all, one of the benefits of being a dragon was that your overall lifespan was ten times that of a pony. If only her other friends could live for as long. This thought caused Twilight to stop pacing. What if she could stretch the lifespan of her friends. What if she could extend it by five or six generations? What if she could extend it indefinitely.

Immediately Twilight began to look through the books within her library for anything pertaining to the continuation of life. Perhaps there was a way she could extend the lives of her friends. Perhaps they too could live forever. There would need to be experiments and tests but this was something that Twilight would be fine with as long as the final product was a desirable one.

In the Present... In the Mirror World

Day one since the transformation

Wondering Wind was walking in a meadow with Crystal Clover by his side. The two of them trotted playfully through the flowery field, laughing as they did. Wind smiled knowing Clover was beside him.

They rolled down a hill and rested by a weeping willow. Wind laid in the grass feeling the gentle heat from the sun above. Smelling the fresh air blowing through the grass. It was wonderful. It was paradise.

Wind turned his head to look at Clover and she turned to face him.

"Clover..."

She smiled at him, "What is it, Wind?"

The scent of strawberries entered Wondering Wind's nostrils. On more than one occasion, Crystal Clover had told him about how she loved strawberries, that they were her favorite fruit.

"I love you." Wind said gathering the strength to speak, "Will you marry me?"

A large grin grew on Clover's face, however when she spoke her voice was not her own, "Wind... Wind... It's time to wake up!"

Wondering Wind awoke to see the filly sized Fluttershy standing over him. Through a nearby window, Wind could see that the sun was going down and that it would be night in a few minutes.

"Still having pleasant dreams I see." Fluttershy said as Wind picked himself off the floor. His body ached from laying on the cold wooden floor for a few hours. While Fluttershy had told him that vamponies didn't need sleep, Wind found that the slumber helped him clear his head, it also helped pass the time.

"It's such a shame," Wondering Wind stretched, "I was having such a good dream."

"Enjoy them while they're still pleasant." Fluttershy said, her words causing Wind to purse his lips.

Despite his anger toward Fluttershy for converting him, Wind had decided not to antagonize her over it. What was done, was done and there was nothing either of them could do about it. If Wind was to survive, Fluttershy's knowledge would be a valuable asset to have.

Now that the sun was down it was time for them to move, if everything went smoothly they should arrive at Fluttershy's friend's place tonight. Wind and Fluttershy exited the abandoned gas station and continued to head north, the bell above the door jingling as they left. According to Fluttershy there was a small town with a train yard that was going to be between their current destination and their final destination.

"We are going to bypass that town." Fluttershy had said.

"Why?"

"There are things in this world that you want to avoid," Fluttershy spoke, "and more often than not they make their homes in towns like that."

Thus, they found themselves walking down a long dirt road.

As they walked forward, the two vamponies passed by a small puddle of murky water. While glancing into the water, Wondering Wind was able to examine himself. His ribs showed through his coat making him appear malnourished. Opening his mouth he could see his fangs, there were two on top and two on the bottom. They looked like they could tear through a pony's flesh, making it easy for him to acquire sustenance. Looking back at him were two red eyes. His own eyes.

When Wondering Wind was little he had been afraid of monsters in the closet and under the bed. As a result his aunt would have to come in and assure him he was safe. Now he was the monster that little fillies and colts shaking in fear.

A gurgling sound echoed from Wondering Wind's stomach. He knew why, but he also knew there really wasn't anything he could do about it. Earlier Wondering Wind had tried to satisfy his hunger with some stale food he had found in the gas station, however the food tasted like sand in his mouth. It was clear now that normal pony food would not be able to satiate his hunger. As he sat there mopping, Fluttershy had walked over with a dust covered bottle of apple juice.

"Drink this." Fluttershy had said handing him the glass bottle.

Pulling off the bottle cap and downing the juice bottles contents, Wind discovered that they drink was at least somewhat flavorful.

"Vamponies must drink blood in order to survive," Fluttershy had told him, "however apple juice does seem to temporarily satisfy one's hunger."

"Why do you suppose that is?" Wind asked curiously.

"I'm not entirely sure," Fluttershy replied scratching her chin with a hoof, "one thought is that vamponies may have some sort of link to vampire fruit bats. However since we require blood and they do not, I don't believe that is entirely accurate."

Now as the two of them walked to their destination, Wondering Wind kind of wished he had saved some of that apple juice. As they walked, the sun-bleached grass slowly gave way to sand and dirt. While Wondering Wind wanted to talk, it was clear by the way Fluttershy walked that she wasn't in the mood, so he decided to occupy his time by looking at the stars above. Having lived in the city for most of his life, Wind had no idea how beautiful the stars could be. Perhaps if he had known, Wind would have tried to find more opportunities to leave town to see them. Perhaps one day when he returned to Equestria, he might be able to show Crystal Clover the beauty of the stars, before she returned home.

However, his heart sank as he thought, 'Crystal Clover is from the Crystal Empire so more likely than not she has already seen them. Perhaps not from within the city but perhaps from one of the outer regions or at least on the train ride to Manehattan.'

Wind was so lost in this thought that he hadn't noticed that Fluttershy had stopped in her tracks until he nearly ran over her.

"Hey, why did you stop?" As Wind spoke Fluttershy raised a hoof.

"We are being watched." Fluttershy said, "Without turning your head try to look over to your right and tell me if you spot something peculiar there."

Obeying Fluttershy's command, Wondering Wind adjusted his eyes and looked to the east. At first all he saw was just barren wasteland as far as the eye could see. However, he soon saw what appeared to be a robed figure standing in the distance.

"Who do you suppose that is?" Wondering Wind asked staying as still as possible.

"I am not entirely sure," Fluttershy answered, "however it wouldn't surprise me if it was the hunter who attacked me in the subway."

"What should we do?"

Fluttershy glanced over at the abandoned town. "I guess we have no choice."

In a flash, Fluttershy charged toward the abandoned town, Wind attempted to follow despite finding it difficult to keep up with her. This was rather surprising seeing as Fluttershy was the size of a young filly. Dirt, clay and cement chipped and cracked under their hooves as they ran to the town as fast as they could. Looking over his shoulder, Wondering Wind saw that the robed figure was following them. Wings outstretched as the figure soared in their direction.

With their enhanced speed it didn't take long for Fluttershy and Wind to reached the streets of the small town. Dirt and debris filled the streets with old newspapers fluttering about. Their articles so faded that its text appeared to be that of an unknown language.

"We need to hide." Fluttershy ran to a nearby building. It appeared that the structure had once been a department store with many of its windows shattered and its goods ransacked. Broken glass clicked underneath their hooves.

"Why, can't we fight off the hunter?" Wind asked as they both hid in one of the store aisles.

"No," Fluttershy answered, "In the state my body is currently I am unable to fight and you haven't had any blood so your body is malnourished. There is no way we could combat her directly."

Her? How did she know that the hunter was female?

As they left the aisle and headed toward the freezers at the end of the store, Wind realized something, "You know who it is that is hunting us don't you."

Suddenly the sound of something fast smashing into a dumpster outside resonated through the streets outside. Fluttershy motioned for Wondering Wind to stay quiet.

"FLUTTERSHY!" A tomboyish voice called out from the streets, "COME OUT! THERE IS MUCH YOU NEED TO ACCOUNT FOR!"

Listening intently, Wind felt uneasy as he was certain he could hear the hunter coming toward the store. If the hunter found out where they were, there would be nothing they could do to stop her. Wind held his breath as he heard the hunter stop in her tracks. The sound of the hunter sniffing the air was audible. After what felt like an eternity the hunter stopped sniffing and ran down the street at high speeds. Fluttershy didn't speak until she was certain the hunter was gone.

"Yes, I know her." Fluttershy spoke walking over to Wind, "I know her from a long time ago, and I also know that she won't stop hunting us until we're both dead. That is why we need to find my friend."

"Why would she care about me?" Wind asked, "Isn't she supposed to be hunting you?"

"Well for one you're a vampony," Fluttershy said giving him an annoyed glance, "vampony hunters aren't called that for no reason. Also since I sired you more likely she would deem you guilty of whatever crimes she is accusing me of, due to association."

"What crimes did you do to warrant her attention?" Whither Fluttershy didn't hear or refused to answer, Wind couldn't tell.

When the coast was clear, Fluttershy and Wondering Wind left the store.

"Do you think we are safe?" As the words left Wind's mouth a series of silver daggers flew through the air hitting the ground just inches away from the two vamponies. Instinctively Wind looked upwards to see another figure standing on a nearby building. However, this was not the hunter that had been chasing them. This hunter was an earth pony stallion with a yellow mane and a white coat, which was covered by a black uniform bearing the celestial seal of the sun.

"It seems I missed my attack but don't worry," As the stallion spoke the daggers were pulled from the ground by some invisible force, "I won't miss a second time."

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Discord stood on the porch of his small mansion looking out across the moonlit landscape. He had been waiting there for a couple days. This of course had given him plenty of time to tan in the sun, fish for land sharks, scuba dive in the sand and even work on his autobiography. He had even bought a new shirt through an inter-dimensional portal.

This new shirt was red and was covered with white flowers. According to the zebra salesmen, it was the fashion on the island. Now if only Rarity were here, the poor thing would have had a heart attack, seeing him wear a summer shirt in the middle of the fall. It just wasn't fashionable, which was why Discord had found it so appealing.

"I wonder what is taking you so long my dear Fluttershy." Discord said as he summoned a cup of tea into existence beside him. It was uncommon for Fluttershy to be late to their meetings. Was something wrong?

Almost on cue, a large explosion erupted from the town nearby. Seeing the explosion Discord let out a slight chuckle as he started to fly to the city. It seems that someone was messing around over there and perhaps they were the ones responsible for Fluttershy being late.

"I guess it is time for me to join in on the fun." Discord tapped his fingers together.

Wondering Wind felt himself being hurled into a building as a nearby oil tanker exploded. The sensation of one's back slamming through a window into a brick wall wasn't very pleasant. Looking up from his crash landing site, Wind saw that Fluttershy hadn't landed too far away.

"That idiot!" Fluttershy yelled as she picked herself off the floor, "Surely if there are any chupacabra in the area, they will now know where we are?"

Chupacabra?

The sound of something howling in the distance drew Wondering Wind's attention. Whatever it was it's screeching howl was enough to set even the bravest pony on edge. In a matter of seconds, more howling could be heard. Fluttershy managed to stand albeit with some difficulty. Clearly there was no way she would be walking away from here in a hurry. As this realization dawned on Wind, he knew what he needed to do.

"Fluttershy you stay here and hide," Wind spoke as he left the building, "I'll draw them away."

While she wanted to protest, Fluttershy was too weak to do so. Thus she moved deeper into the building as Wondering Wind walked outside. He wasn't sure why but despite her turning him into a vampony against his will, Wind sought to protect her.

Once outside, Wind began to run as fast as he could, trying to draw away the attention of the hunters and whatever these Chupacabra were. Not looking back, Wind could hear something flying in at high speeds. Ducking to the side, Wind narrowly dodged the hunter as she swooped by, long red blades attached to the feathers of her blue wings.

Running through the streets and alleyways, Wind could hear the hunter pursuing him. If it wasn't for the narrow alleyways and the cramped streets the hunter would have caught up with him. While the temptation to fly was great, Wondering Wind knew that attempting to fly away would be suicide. He would be out in the open and it would be easy for the hunter to catch him, especially considering how fast they were. As Wind ran he jumped over trashcans, stray chairs, dumpsters, cars and the occasional scooter.

Even as his legs grew tired, Wind continued to push forward. Weren't vamponies supposed to have amazing stamina? Perhaps it was the fact that Wind hadn't drunken any blood since his transformation. Immediately, Wondering Wind tried to push the thought of drinking another ponies's blood from his mind but with some difficulty he managed to do so. After running for a short while, Wondering Wind noticed that he couldn't hear the flapping wings of his pursuer. Had he managed to lose the hunter?

Wind turned a corner and headed toward the train station, zigzagging as he ran. As he passed the train tracks, Wind saw a flash out of the corner of his eye. Turning he saw that one of the watchtower's supports had been slashed and it was now falling toward him. Ducking and rolling, Wondering Wind nearly found himself a pancake as the watchtower landed next to him, the impact throwing him forward onto his stomach.

Standing up Wondering Wind noticed the hunter standing before him. Her body was covered in a black cloak and hood. Her mane and tail were bleached white and her coat was a cyan blue. Blue wings stretched outward revealing the long red blades that were attached. Pulling back her hood the hunter revealed her short disheveled mane and bright red eyes. She held her wings outstretched revealing the sharp, red blades that were attached to the main feathers.

"You were pretty good at dodging my attacks," Wondering Wind could see the hunter's fangs as she spoke. "If you had been out in the open I could have defeated you much easier. Now tell me. Where is Fluttershy!"

Wind kept his mouth closed not wanting to betray his sire. His body ached from the pain and it took him all his strength just to keep standing up. The hunter frowned.

"I see. I guess I'll have to kill you," The red blades increased in length, "perhaps that will draw Fluttershy out."

Closing his eyes, Wondering Wind braced himself for the killing blow.

There was the sound of metal striking metal. When Wondering Wind opened his eyes, he was surprised to see a bizarre oddity floating before him, holding the red blades in various talons and claws. The hunter withdrew her attack, enraged by the intruder.

To Wondering Wind the creature resembled a feathered snake with the limbs of other creatures making up its anatomical structure. However it was difficult to make perceive the creature's full form from Wind's perspective. It had one leg like a lizard and another like a goat. On it's back were two separate wings, one of which was that of a bird while the other was like a bat. These two wings popped out of small holes in the back of a very bizarre looking shirt.

"DISCORD!" The hunter yelled, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!"

"Oh, isn't it obvious Rainbow Dash," The creature spoke, "I am here to retrieve my friend Fluttershy and it seems that this poor, helpless fellow is the only one who can tell me."

At this point Wondering Wind didn't know what emotions to feel. Should he be relieved for being saved? Annoyed for being called and poor, helpless fellow? Confusion for whatever this creature? Or shock at the discovery that the mare that had been hunting him and Fluttershy was none other than Rainbow Dash the greatest flyer in Equestria? It was rather difficult to believe seeing as the hunter didn't have the rainbow colored mane she was known for or the fact that she still looked young despite being somewhere around the age of sixty or seventy. Of course the age could be explained away by her vampiric features.

"Well, you can't have her." Rainbow Dash growled, "There are crimes against pony kind that she must pay for and I am going to insure that she is punished!"

Discord yawned, "While I would just love to stay and continue this pathetic argument with you Rainbow Dash, there are other matters I must attend to."

The Draconequus snapped his fingers and a deep, blue fog filled the alleyway. The mist obscured all sight making it difficult for even Wind's enhanced vision to see. Blurred shapes twisted and moved through the fog. A clawed talon reached through the fog and grabbed Wondering Wind by the neck before pulling him through the alleyway. Rainbow Dash could be heard cursing through the mist as the sound of howling could be heard. The Chupacabras were drawing near.

Wondering Wind felt himself being slammed against a brick wall as a sinister face glared at him. It was a gray face with a single fang protruding from his mouth. On it's head was a single horn and a single antler. The entity glared at Wind with yellow eyes that framed red pupils.

"Tell me." Discord spoke, "Where is Fluttershy!"

As Fluttershy hid in the back of the abandoned store, she listened to the world around her. Listening for any indication that Wondering Wind had returned. It had been a few minutes since Wind had left to draw away the hunters.

Suddenly the sound of hoof steps could be heard walking into the store. The sound of broken glass cracking under hoof echoed throughout the building. Was it Wondering Wind?

Peaking out of the darkness Fluttershy saw that it was not Wondering Wind but instead it was another hunter. This hunter looked like a young earth pony wearing a black cloak. Her coat was yellow and she had a short brown mane that framed her green eyes. In her hoof she held a javelin with a silver tip.

While a part of her wanted to hide a greater part of Fluttershy wanted to feed. The scent of the mare's blood coursing through her veins made Fluttershy's weak body very thirsty. Would the risk of feeding outweigh the risk of death? As she contemplated this a thought occurred to her. Perhaps it wouldn't be so hard.

"Hello." Fluttershy said stepping out of the shadows startling the hunter.

"Halt, stay still!" The hunter barked aiming the javelin at Fluttershy.

"It is okay," Fluttershy spoke, "I just want to talk."

As Fluttershy spoke something grabbed the hunter's attention. This small yellow filly had the most beautiful green eyes the hunter had ever seen. Even the whites of her eyes seemed to be glowing. If there had been a reflective surface around the hunter would have realized her eyes were also glowing.

"Wh...What is it?" The hunter asked keep her eyes locked on Fluttershy's.

"Could you do something for me?" Fluttershy asked as she stepped closer.

"Certainly," The mare spoke, "Wh...What is it that you need?"

"First could you drop your weapon?"

"Of course." The hunter said, throwing the javelin aside without hesitation. It just felt like the natural thing to do. Surely this little filly was no threat to her.

"Thank you." Fluttershy said moving closer, "do you have a radio or microphone on you?"

"I do." The hunter answered honestly, moving her hood to reveal the small earbud she had. All that mattered were those glowing green eyes and the filly that possessed them.

"Could you please destroy it?"

Once again the hunter did as Fluttershy asked. Taking the earbud out of her ear, throwing it to the ground before crushing it with her hoof. The hunter looked up and smiled at Fluttershy as she continued to admire the filly's beautiful glowing eyes. With the earbud gone, Fluttershy stepped forward, now only a leg's length away from the hunter.

"I'm... sorry."

Fangs pierced the mare's neck as Fluttershy lunged forward biting down on her victim. Even as her life's blood was being taken away from her the hunter didn't resist. It felt almost natural having the small filly biting into her throat. It wasn't long before her vision blurred and the darkness of death drifted her away.

Forty Years Prior...

Twilight shook her head at the books before her. Sadly, none of them had addressed the issue she was trying to solve. She had searched her own library as well as the Canterlot Library, the archives of the Crystal Empire and even some of the libraries in Manehattan. However, none of them seemed to possess the answer she wanted. The means to give her friends long longevity if not immortality. Some of the books would have small myths here and there but none seemed to be based off of actual fact.

Annoyed and tired, Twilight leaned her head on the crystal table in front of her as Spike walked in.

"Twilight are you okay?" The little dragon asked.

"I'm fine," Twilight answered without opening her eyes, "I'm just trying to solve a terrible problem. It is nothing that you need to worry about."

"Oh, well this letter came in the mail earlier," Spike said bring the envelope over to the table, "It is address to you."

Opening her eyes, Twilight examined the letter that was laid out before her. The envelope was made of yellow parchment with a black seal over the opening. On the front of the envelope was the address to the crystal castle along with Twilight's name. Further examination of the seal showed that it had the shape of an apple surrounded by several draconic wings in a circular formation.

Tearing open the seal, Twilight pulled out the letter and began to read it.

"Dear Twilight Sparkle,

It has come to my attention that you are looking into matters pertaining to immortality. No doubt your research has reached a dead end seeing as the search for immortality was deemed to be taboo back since the founding of the three pony tribes, with only a few daring to explore this dark path.

However, rather than dissuade you from your adventure I have some information that could be of use to you.

Meet me at the Canterlot Boutique in a week at nine in the evening. I trust that you know where this location is since one of your friends owns it. When we meet you there I will provide you with the information you need.

I look forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,

-BV"

While the letter did seem off to Twilight, she did find the fact that someone else had discovered her intentions to be quite curious. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to visit this BV. Of course Spike it would be wise to bring Spike along. That way if BV tried anything suspicious, Twilight could have Spike send a message to Celestia. Also Spike's defensive skills were not to be underestimated.

Thus Twilight Sparkle prepared for her meeting.

Back to the Present

Discord and Wondering Wind walked through the blue fog slowly moving toward the building where Wind had left Fluttershy. Discord had been very skeptical of Wind and was keeping an eye on him... literally, Discord had pulled out one of his eyes, which in turn sprouted legs and was resting on Wind's shoulder. Seeing the thing out of the corner of his eye made Wondering Wind feel uneasy.

"No funny business," Discord spoke watching Wind with sinister eyes, "that is my line of work."

From what Wondering Wind could guess, this Draconequus was probably a friend of Fluttershy. It made sense that Fluttershy would have waited for Wind to meet him rather than describe Discord's features to him. Wind probably wouldn't have believed her.

As they made their way to Fluttershy's location, the strange fragrance entered Wind's nostrils. It was sweet like fragrant wine, which made Wind's mouth water. Drawing near to their destination the scent grew stronger. The sound of someone drinking could be heard.

"Fluttershy are you here?" Discord called out as he and Wind entered the building. The was no response.

Nearing the end of the building they found the source of the slurping sound. Fluttershy sat on the ground, the corpse of a mare in hunter attire before her. Two small lines of red dripped down the mare's neck from where Fluttershy had bitten her. Soon Wind realized that the scent he smelled before was the mare's blood and he wanted to drink it very badly. He wanted to fill his veins with the blood of the deceased mare. While this thought revolted, Wind he found it difficult to think of anything else.

Fluttershy glanced up at Discord and Wondering Wind before resuming her feeding. However, as Wind stepped closer, Fluttershy let out a shrill hiss. Despite only being a vampony for a couple days, Wondering Wind knew what it meant. Fluttershy was both an older vampony and the one responsible for siring Wondering Wind, as a result she would drink her fill first and it would be up to her whether or not, Wind partook in the meal. Instinctively, Wondering Wind sat down awaiting his turn.

Seeing that her authority was no longer threatened, Fluttershy resumed her meal. This went on for a minute but for Wind it felt almost like an eternity. Having had her fill, Fluttershy stepped away from the body, allowing Wondering Wind to drink. His hunger overtaking him, Wind trotted forward and bit down on the neck of the dead mare. As the blood flowed from the hunter's body into Wondering Wind's maw, he could feel his energy returning to him. As repulsive as it was to be drinking the life's blood of another creature, Wind couldn’t help himself as he sucked the body dry. The blood itself didn't taste at all like how Wind expected. It was like the flavor of red wine mixed with a caffeinated beverage.

Wondering Wind sighed as he finished his meal only to jump as he glanced down at the crumpled body before him. The body of the hunter mare was now a shriveled husk like a mummified corpse. Stepping back from the corpse, Wind looked up at Fluttershy who gave him a cautious glance before walking from the area.

"Let's go." Fluttershy spoke waving for Wind to follow. Wondering Wind obeyed.

Discord lead the way, keeping the blue fog in place. In the distance the sound of fighting could be heard. Dog like shapes could be seen running through the fog. On occasion Wind would hear yelling as one of the hunters was attacked by one of the monsters. Their life coming to an end.

After walking for a while through the mist, Wind realized that they were no longer in the town. Eventually the fog faded away revealing the field and the sand on the ground. Before them was a small mansion that almost appeared to be composed partially of a tree. In front of the house were various lawn ornaments strewn about. One such ornament was of a ceramic white rabbit holding a carrot.

"Well, here we are." Discord said as he ascended the steps before opening the door for Fluttershy. "After you."

Fluttershy entered the house, seemingly disappearing inside. Wondering Wind looked inside feeling very uncomfortable. Discord lowered both of his eyebrows.

"Come on now," Discord grumbled, "We don't have all day. The sun will be up soon."

Wondering Wind gulped before finally walking into the mansion.

Author's Note:

Behind the Scenes:
Chase Scenes
As I am certain all you writers out there will agree, chase scenes are a pain to write. They are scenes that are difficult to give detail. Too little detail and everyone thinks your lazy. Too much detail and it takes away from the experience.

If your running from someone or chasing someone your not going to stop to smell the flowers or to describe in detail a painting on the wall.

Chupacabra
I've always liked to think of these creatures as having some sort of connection with vampires due to their vampiric nature of feeding. Are they working with a certain clan of vamponies or are they merely wild animals? You'll just have to wait and see.

And the Hunter is...
Rainbow Dash! Surprise! At least I kind of hope it was. Most fics I have seen out there generally depict Applejack as the main vampony hunter so I decided to swap the roles around with some of the characters in order to be more original.

Plus it kind of makes sense that she would be a vampony hunter. At least that is my opinion.