• Published 1st Nov 2016
  • 2,133 Views, 118 Comments

Immortal Blood and Tears - Robipony



In order to save her friends from death, Twilight sought out a means to give them immortality. However, Twilight didn't know the fate she would bestow upon them would be worse then death.

  • ...
10
 118
 2,133

A Fate Changing Encounter

Author's Note:

I've always wanted to do a fic on Vamponies. Now here it is. Therefore if for some reason you managed to get past the story description here is the warning.

This story contains: Blood.

If that makes you squeamish then leave now, instead of complaining. You have been warned twice now. :ajbemused:

---

Also as of Nov 29, 2016 there have been a few changes made to this chapter in order to make it flow better and make more sense.

"If you had a chance to reach out and save somepony from the grasp of death would you take it? Would you be willing to accept the consequences? Even fate has its price. Even if the payment can last for eternity." -Time Turner

Two ponies walked beside each other along the crowded Manehattan streets as the day slowly reached its end. One was a stallion while the other was a mare. The stallion's name was Wondering Wind. His brown wings matched his tan mane and pale blue eyes. The Cutie Mark on his flank was of two leaves being blown by a gust of air into a circular motion. The mare's name was Crystal Clover and she was a unicorn. Her pale green mane fluttered in the breeze, caressing her white coat. Seeing Wondering Wind looking at her, she smiled back, her green eyes looking contently at her friend. Her smile caused butterflies to flutter within Wind's stomach.

Due to the cool fall air, both of them had bought some windbreakers to insure that they could stay warm. Wind had purchased a black windbreaker with gray trimming along the sleeves and Clover had purchased a red green one with white trim. Clover's coat framed her form quite well. Around Wondering Wind's neck was a necklace that had been given to him as a gift by his mother. The necklace was made of steel and was carved to bear the symbol of the Elements of Harmony. It was a relic from back when the Elements of Harmony still existed.

About forty years all but one of the legendary Elements of Harmony had disappeared by unknown means. Now the only Element that remained was Twilight Sparkle, the Element of Magic and the Princess of Friendship. While there were many theories as to why or how the Elements of Harmony had disappeared there was no evidence to prove any of them and Twilight Sparkle wasn't talking. Perhaps no pony would ever know.

While he had difficulty admitting it, Wondering Wind really enjoyed Crystal Clover's company. She was kind gentle and above all a very caring pony. Sure, she wasn't the prettiest pony in Equestria but to Wondering Wind she was beautiful.

"So how is your nursing program working out?" Wind asked curious about her progress.

"It is going quite well," Clover answered, "and how are you doing with your Associates Degree?"

"It could be going better," Wind replied nervously scratching the back of his head, "but at this point in time I do have a passing grade. I might be able to push it up a little bit if I do some extra credit work."

"That would probably help." Clover said with a grin.

"So have you heard any new rumors or myths that you would like to discuss?" Wind asked. Clover put a hoof to her chin as she contemplated Wondering Wind's inquiry.

Right after their college classes, Wondering Wind would always walk Crystal Clover home, before taking the subway to his apartment. The walk was relaxing in the fall air and the two of the enjoyed talking with one another. One of the things they normally liked to talk about were the rumors of mythical and ancient creatures within Equestria. At one point they had even discussed the differences between a Ponaga and a Gorgony. It was during one of these discussions that the topic of vamponies had come up.

"Have you heard the rumor about sparkling vamponies?" Crystal Clover asked.

Wondering Wind shook his head, "I can't say that I have. What is it?"

"Well, supposedly it is the theory that vamponies are actually not weak to sunlight," Clover giggled, "but choose to stay out of it because they sparkle like diamonds in the sunlight."

"Sounds kind of stupid if you ask me." Wind smirked, sniffing the air as they passed by a food vendor.

Clover laughed. "I suppose but, still you have to admit that such a rumor is amusing."

"I guess, but then wouldn't that mean that the crystal ponies could in fact be vamponies?" Wind said this teasingly.

"No, because crystal ponies only sparkle in the Crystal Empire when events pertaining to the Crystal Heart or Princess Cadence and her daughter Flurry Heart are commencing." Clover said defensively.

"I was only joking." Wind said a little ashamed of the comment.

Clover giggled, putting a hoof to her mouth, "It's okay. So what do you think about vamponies?"

“What do you mean?” Wind asked.

“Well, do you like them?” Clover replied, “I know some ponies that at some point in time went through a vampony stage. Even to the point of total ridiculousness. So do you like them?”

Wind shrugged, “I guess they're okay but if you think about it those weaknesses would be such a hassle. So what do you think of them?”

Clover smiled, “Personally I think their very interesting. I think it might be kind of fun to meet one up close.”

“Even with the possibility of being bitten by one?” Wind asked with a slight grin.

“Why not?” Clover grinned, “After all what mare hasn’t at least imagined the idea of having a vampony as their special somepony?”

Hearing this Wondering Wind’s smile disappeared and the stallion began to look down at his hooves. When it come to matters concerning love, Wind was hopeless.

If Wondering Wind could, he would gladly propose his love to her and seek her hoof in marriage. However, these days the union of two different pony species was generally frowned upon, even if they didn't express such emotions. It was almost an unspoken rule that one should always try to marry a pony of the same species. Thus with Wondering Wind being a pegasus and Crystal Clover being a unicorn it was very unlikely that the two of them would ever get married. On top of that Crystal Clover was a crystal pony from the crystal empire, who was living in Manehattan as a part of her classes.

Perhaps one day Wind would have the strength, both to ask for Clover's hoof and perhaps even the strength to accept her rejection with dignity if it came to that. Returning from his thoughts, Wondering Wind realized that he had been staring at Crystal Clover the whole time. It also seemed that Clover was aware of this as she stared back at him with questioning eyes.Embarrassed by this, Wind looked away and Clover did the same.

"Wind there is something I need to talk to you about." Clover said still looking at the concrete ground as they walked.

"What is it?"

"I... I just thought you should know that when this quarter is over in a few weeks, I will have finished my degree."

"That is great." Wondering Wind said happy for her accomplishment. There was a pregnant pause before Crystal Clover spoke again.

"Once my degree is finishing I will be going home. Going back to the Crystal Empire."

For a moment Wondering Wind's heart seemed to stop. While Wind had always figured that Clover would eventually return to her home country, Wind had expected that he would have more time with her.

"I'm glad for you." Wind spoke being careful to cover up the fact that he was lying. While he was proud of her, Wind didn't want her to leave.

The rest of the walk to Clover's home was quiet. Even the other pedestrians on the Manehattan streets seemed to prefer to not speak. Either that or Wondering Wind had blocked it all out in his sadness.

"Well, we're here."

Crystal Clover's statement brought Wind back to reality. Looking around, Wondering Wind realized that they were in fact in front of Clover's home. It was a three story red brick building with white window frames. Five concrete steps lead up to the buildings large green door. Around the house was a brick wall with a white wooden gate, protecting the building and the potted plants in front from the street. Crystal Clover shared the house with a few other crystal mares who were visiting Manehattan for their education.

There was a long pause as the two of them just looked at each other.

"Well... good night." Clover said before turning toward the door. Opening the wooden gate to her home.

Now was Wondering Wind's chance. It was now the time for him to express his love for her. To tell her how he truly felt about her.

"Clover..."

Hearing Wind speak her name Clover turned around, "Yes?"

However, the words Wondering Wind desperately wished to speak got caught in his throat.

"H-Have a good evening."

"You too, Wind."

Once Crystal Clover had passed through the green door into the house, Wondering Wind began his journey home. The stallion's stomach felt as if it had been tied up in knots. His head limped both that his friend would be leaving and that he couldn't confess that he loved her. The idea of asking Crystal Clover out for the weekend crossed Wind's mind but he soon dismissed the idea as he went down the block.

His despair distracted Wondering Wind, blind to the world around him. Only an ad for an Apploosa Grand Apple Cider played in the background from a nearby bulletin board.

As Wondering Wind turned to descend the steps to the subway station, another mare with a large black jacket and a large black duffle bag bumped into him.

"Excuse me." The mare called out not even looking back at Wondering Wind as she went on her way. A few strands of a bleached white mane fluttered from behind her black hood. Having not been injured by the stranger, Wind just brushed it aside and descended the stairway into the subway station.

As he walked, he noticed that the place seemed eerily quiet. Most days there were ponies going home after a long day's work or going out to a party with friends. However, today no pony was around. The subway was completely vacant.

The entrance to the subway station was covered by a canopy made of made of sheets of glass and a steel framework. Hoof rails ran along the side of the steps as well as a hoof railing in the center of the stairway. All descending down into the facility below. Above, the sun was setting indicated that it would be night in a couple of hours.

Stepping down the steps, Wind passed through the doorway into the subway stations main lobby. The lobby consisted of tiled walls and flooring which were supported by concrete and a steel framework. The tiles on the floor and walls were white with stains indicating wear and tear. Benches made of recycled plastic were set about the area so that waiting ponies could sit. In the center of the room was an escalator leading to the floor with the train stop. There were also metal stands with computer screens showing the train schedule. An ad for the Glimmer App flickered in a corner of the screen.

Glimmer was a very popular app for the smartpone that could do numerous tasks for the owner. The task could be as simple as turning on some music, mapping out your path to a new location, calling some pony on the phone, etc. There were even a few spells installed onto the program that would allow its user to cast some spells whither they were unicorns or not. These spells varied from a mere flashlight spell to a levitation spells. Of course there were restrictions to insure that no pony cast spells that could endanger Equestrian citizens. Wondering Wind himself had the Glimmer app on his smartphone.

Something caught Wind's attention out of the corner of his eye. There was a red stain on the ground. Closer examination showed that the stain was a deep crimson and that it was leading down the escalator to the next floor.

"Hello!" Wondering Wind called out looking down to the next floor. He couldn't tell for sure but Wind thought he heard a moan from the lower floor. Unsure what might happen, Wind stepped onto the escalator and descended down to the next floor. The lights above seemed to flicker as Wind reached the bottom. Here Wondering Wind could see a path of the red stain on the floor and by now he had a pretty good idea what it was.

The loading dock for the train station had the same tiled floor and walls like the floor above. Eight columns supported the room, with four on each side. Some mirrors had been placed onto the support pillars as a means to make it difficult for thieves and pickpockets to go unnoticed. The lights above continued to flicker creating an uneasy atmosphere.

The path of blood progressed to the very center of the room, where a crumpled shape lay. From a distance the shape resembled a disfigured body surrounded in a puddle of its own blood.

"By Celestia!" Seeing the Wondering Wind pulled out his smartpone and activated the Glimmer App. The green Glimmer icon appeared on his smartpone's screen.

"This is Glimmer," A female voice spoke through the pone's speakers, "how may I help you?"

"Glimmer call an ambulance," Wondering Wind spoke, "some pony appears to be injured in the subway station."

A couple beeping sounds came over the speaker, "I have triggered the GPS and alerted the authorities to your position. Please remain calm and attempt to keep the injured pony safe in the meantime."

Following Glimmer's directions, Wind slowly walked over to the body in the middle of the floor. It was a pegasus mare with a yellow coat and pink mane and tail. Strands of her pink mane seemed to move through the air like seaweed moving with the tide. A tattered red dress covered her frame. From what Wind could tell three of the mare's legs had been cut off and were the source of the blood puddle. Only her front right leg was still attached. Her wings didn't look like the feathered wings of a pegasus, more like leathery wings. A large steel rod with the sigil of the Celestial Sun pierced the mare's flesh from behind. Closer examination showed that the mare wasn't breathing.

"Oh Celestia!" The mare was dead wasn't she.

Suddenly the mare's eyes shot up, startling Wind and causing the stallion to fall back on his behind. Slowly the injured mare pulled herself up with her one intact limb. She groaned as she moved her body with the stake that pierced through much of her intestines. Looking up at Wondering Wind, the mare gave him a weak smile. A smile tainted by the small amount of blood staining the corners of her mouth.

"Hey do you think you can help me?" The mare asked softly as Wind noticed the fangs in her mouth. If it wasn’t for those perilous fangs, she might have been as beautiful as Clover.

"Your... Your..." Wind kept pushing himself back increasing the distance between himself and the mare.

The mare let out a deep sigh, "Look I know you used Glimmer just a little while ago so we don't have much time and right now I really need your help."

"But your..." Wind took another step away from the mare.

"A vampony!" The desperate mare coughed, "Yes, I am indeed a vampony and I need you help. I need your blood in order to repair the damage that was done to my body.If the authorities discover me I will suffer a fate worse than death and you will be no better off!"

“But…” No paying attention to where he was going, Wind tripped falling onto his flank.

“Please,” Tears flowed from the vamponies eyes, “You have to trust me!”

Wondering Wind kept his distance as he contemplated the matter. At first the thought of the creature drinking his blood was repulsive. However, as Wind looked on, he pondered what Crystal Clover would do in such a situation. No doubt she would gladly give her blood to the monster, even if it cost her her own life. Sure she would probably hesitate on the matter but eventually she would come to terms with it.

Plus if what the vampony said was true, the authorities would take him away from his normal life. Perhaps he would be taken to live the rest of his life in an asylum or perhaps even an underground facility where only the worst of monsters were taken. Sure it wouldn’t be like Tartarus but it would still be bad.

Carefully, Wind picked himself off the ground and continued to step backwards not letting the vampony out of his sight.

“PLEASE,” the vampony yelled, “DON’T FORCE ME TO DO THIS AGAINST YOUR WILL!”

While Wind did consider the vampony’s remark to be unsettling, he continued to examine his options. He could try to run but what if someone saw him fleeing the scene? What were the odds that there would be an investigation leading back to him? He had also had the Glimmer app call the emergency number. Could they track the GPS in his phone?

Even with the prospect of Clover leaving once she had her degree, if Wind did what the vampony asked there was a chance he would be able to see her again. It would be unlikely that such a thing would happen if the authorities took him into custody. However, there was also a good chance that he could end up dead due to blood loss.

Hearing hoof steps near the stairs, Wind turned to face them. As he looked away the vampony let out a painful gasp. Turning back around, Wind saw that the mare had managed to pull herself out off the ground. While the movement had dislodged the stake, it still rested within her body. Slowly she walked over to Wondering Wind and as she did he noticed that her eyes had changed to a vibrant green.

Suddenly the muscles in Wind’s neck began to move against his will, presenting his throat to the vampony. As she moved forward, Wind could see tears falling from her eyes.

The vampony raised herself up enough to be able to bit down on Wind's neck, "I am very sorry it had to come to this. I had hoped you would give your blood freely, but now I have no choice."

At first all Wondering Wind could feel was the pain of the vampony's fangs sinking into his neck, however as the vampony drank a euphoric sensation washed over Wind. The sensation was rather pleasurable for the stallion even as the world before him faded into darkness.

As Wondering Wind slept, his life seemed to flash before his eyes as burning hot coals burned his flesh. He tried to move his limbs but he couldn't. It was as if the muscles in his legs, core and neck had disintegrated, preventing him from brushing off the burning coals. The pain of thousands of sharp needles pierced his stomach cutting and slashing him from the inside out. As the pain went on all Wondering Wind could hope for was the cruel clutches of death to embrace him. Yet as time went on it was clear that death had forsaken him.

The pain was so unbearable to that even the flames of Tartarus would be merciful. Wind's throat was dry and sore from his deathly screams. His screams went silent as soon as he heard the laughing. It was a low cruel chuckle. Despite not being able to see anything, Wind saw the source of the evil laughter in his mind's eye. It was a hooded figure with a cloak made of leathery skin. Thousands of tiny limbs covered in fangs moved within the dark recesses of the hood. A long proboscis stretched out from the cloak drinking from the bodies that had been strewn about in a sea of blood. A creature with hundreds of legs ran across the blood drenched waves.

Looking up into that dark cloak, Wondering Wind felt the feeling that he was being watched by a primordial entity. By a creature that existed long before the reunion of the pony tribes. Older than even the Wendigo of legend. The laughter grew louder drowning out the stallion's thoughts.

Another shape emerged from the monster's chest. A smaller shape with the wings of a bat and two blood red eyes. It swooped down from above, landing in front of Wondering Wind. The creature raised its head, red orbs looking deep into Wind's eyes. It's eyes gazed into him with malicious intent. Drowning out his hopes. Filling him with complete despair.

Suddenly Wind's eyes shot open as he awoke from his fevered dream. Aside from the grumbling stomach, the pain Wondering Wind had felt was now completely gone. Relief flowed through Wind as he moved his limbs.

Looking around Wondering Wind was surprised to see that the vampony was gone. All that remained was the stake that had impaled her. Even her blood was gone with no sign of any of the stains, Wind had seen.

"Was it a dream?" Wind asked touching his face with his hooves, "Or some strange hallucination?"

However, if it was some sort of hallucination then why was the stake still in the ground and where was every pony? The sound of a gurgling stomach echoed through the halls, the achy feeling in Wondering Wind's belly indicating its source. Looking at one of the electronic signs for the train schedule, Wind was surprised to see that the screen was completely black. There was also no sound of train movement.

"Seriously!" Wind groaned, he was going to have to fly all the way home, wasn't he?

Annoyed by the realization, Wondering Wind began his journey up the steps of the subway station up into the Manehattan streets. Walking up the steps, Wondering Wind could tell that had risen behind the cloudy sky. His skin itched. His breathing grew heavier. His wings ached. Reaching the top of the steps the sight before Wind mortified him. Manehattan was gone, replaced by ruins and debris.

"What..."

As Wondering Wind tried to contemplate what had happened, as he tried to figure out how much devastation could have happened so suddenly without affecting him, his skin grew more sensitive. Fading from an itchy sensation to that of a full on rash.

'Stay out of the sun.' A voice in Wondering Wind's head spoke. It was almost like his conscience only sinister.

Checking his smartpone, Wind discovered that not only was there no signal but that his battery had diminished to five percent and was close to dying.

Wanting to uncover a better view of his surroundings, Wondering Wind stretched out his wings and flew upwards toward the tallest structure he could find. The wind that blew against Wind's body was dry and rough. After a few minutes Wondering Wind managed to land on top of a tall skyscraper. It was tall and rigid, its many windows broken and shattered, their broken shards covering the concrete below.

Looking out across the expanse, Wondering Wind could clearly see that all of Manehattan was in ruins. To the north much of the city had been destroyed replaced by a flat plain.

'Stay out of the sun.'

Looking up Wondering Wind could see the clouds floating away to unveil the sun. Wind stretched out a wing to shield his eyes from the bright light, when he noticed something horrifying. Something he hadn't noticed before. His wings were now long and leathery like the membraned wing of a bat.

'STAY OUT OF THE SUN!'

As the sun's rays touched Wind's body, a terrible sensation swept over him. The itching sensation changed to a burning sensation as if Wondering Wind's body was completely submerged in a boiling cauldron. Smoke began to roll from Wind's vampiric wing before it and the pegasus's entire body was enveloped in hot, red flame.

Screaming and writhing from the burning flame, Wondering Wind lost his footing and fell off the side of the skyscraper toward the street below. Flailing his limbs Wind continued to scream as he descended. However Wondering Wind's screams did not go unnoticed.

Despite hitting the cement street below, Wind's body remained intact and undamaged aside from the flame writhing over his body. On his back, Wondering Wind looked up at the sky and raised a burning hoof toward the sun, as if perhaps just blotting out the burning sun with his hoof could ease his suffering. If it were not for the flames burning him, tears would have ran down Wondering Wind's face. Now he was never going to see Crystal Clover ever again.

As Wondering Wind lay dying on the concrete, burning in the sun's rays he saw something shatter one of the remaining windows of the structure above. It dove toward him like a hawk ready to catch its prey. As the shape descended toward the stallion it too burst into pink flames. The burning form descended towards him faster and faster.

Stretching out its burning wings the small creature pulled up and landed beside Wondering Wind's burning body. The impact of the landing created a large blast of air that shattered the windows of some abandoned vehicles nearby. Both of the taloned wings grabbed one of wind's forelegs and started to pull him toward a structure that had once been a parking garage. Wondering Wind continued to scream as the creature continued to pull.

Wondering Wind felt himself flying through the air as the creature threw him into the parking garage. As the stallion's body entered the shadows of the structure, the flames around his body flickered out. The small figure trotted into the garage, the flames covering its body also dissipated.

The sensation of burning flesh faded away from Wondering Wind's nerves replaced by the itchy feeling he had before. Wind looked up from the concrete floor to see his savior. The creature before him was a small, yellow filly with a pink mane that was framed by a red bow. Small bat like wings rested at the filly's sides. On her flank was a Cutie Mark comprised of three pink bats. Was this the vampony from before?

"Who are you?" Wind asked.

The yellow filly looked down at her hooves, "I'm sorry. It seems that when I was trying to reconstruct my body I drank too much of your blood. As a result you... well... died."

"WHAT!" Wondering Wind yelled, "YOU DID THIS TO ME!"

She continued to stare at her own hooves, "Yeah, sorry."

Wind contemplated this when something hit him, "Wait, but if I am still alive... does that mean that?"

"Yes, I am afraid so."

Well, at least now all the other things that had just happened to Wondering Wind made sense now. The change in wings. The itchy sensation of his skin. The voice inside his head warning him not to go out into the sunlight. His body erupting into flame when instead of heeding the voice's warning he stood out in the open. He was now... a vampony!

"I am not a pony anymore. Am I?" Wondering Wind said looking at his new wings.

The vampony filly shook her head. Tears began to fall from Wondering Wind's eyes. He was a monster now and now there was no way he would ever be able to tell Crystal Clover how he felt about her. Wind held his head in his hooves and rocked back and forth.

"What's your name?" The vampony filly asked.

Wind looked up from his hooves, "Wondering Wind."

The filly held out a hoof, "I'm Fluttershy and there are somethings I need to tell you."

This new information puzzled Wondering Wind. Wasn't Fluttershy the Element of Kindness? Why was she a vampony? What was she doing here? How was this possible?

Fluttershy rolled her eyes at Wind's confused face, "Look I can explain that later but right now there are some more important things that we need to discuss."

"O... Okay."

Motioning for Wind to follow, Fluttershy walked further into the garage, "First things first, let's talk about what happened to you. Normally when a pony is bitten by a vampony the only symptom the pony will suffer is the loss of blood experienced by the vampony's feeding."

Following Fluttershy, Wondering Wind discovered a doorway that lead from the parking garage into another building.

"However, due to the significant damage I was dealt from the hunter that attacked me, I needed a large amount of blood to restore my body to its original state." Fluttershy spoke, "Unfortunately even after I unconsciously drained your body of blood I was only able to restore my body to a smaller vessel."

That explained why she looked more like a filly instead of a mare now.

"Sadly by doing so I also bleed you dry resulting in your transformation. Once you died I thought it would be able fair to save you as you had saved me."

"So this was an accident then?"

"Yes," Fluttershy replied as they walked into the next building, "I had thought I could control myself when I drank but I failed to control the thirst. Now you're a vampony... just like me."

"But you forced yourself on me!" Wind yelled, "You somehow forced me to give you my blood!"

Fluttershy just continued to walk forward, "I will not deny that what I did was wrong. However, I was not lying about what the Equestrian authorities would do if they were to find me."

Entering the building, Wondering Wind realized that the building used to be a shopping mall. Despite being three times larger than the filly sized Fluttershy, Wind found it difficult to keep up with the vampony. Passing by a store window, Wind stopped to examine his own reflection but there was nothing there to look at.

"Glass and mirrors don't show our reflection," Fluttershy explained, "that is because for vamponies mirrors can serve as a doorway between here and Equestria."

"Doorways?"

Fluttershy nodded as she touched the glass. As her hoof made contact with the glass, a rippling effect appeared over the glass as if she had stepped in a puddle of water.

"If you actually want to see your own reflection," Fluttershy removed her hoof from the glass, "You will need a bowl or bathtub painted black and filled with water. This is because water is the only reflective surface that we vamponies can't travel through."

"Wait so we are not in Equestria?" Wondering Wind asked waving his hoof around.

"No, this is the mirror world," Fluttershy answered as she resumed walking, "a world that can only be accessed by vamponies and individuals with access to special artifacts, that allow them to traverse here. While this world resembles a ruined reflection of our world, that is all it is. When I realized you had been turned, I brought you here hoping to keep you safe from the hunter who attacked me."

"Speaking of which, who was that hunter?"

Fluttershy merely lowered her eyes refusing to speak on the matter. Seeing that there was no way Fluttershy would answer, Wondering Wind sighed and left the topic. The two of them walked past various stores all of which appeared to be abandoned. In one part of the mall was an area with a large paned window looking toward the outside, that was fortunately shaded from the sun. Judging by the the expanding plain beyond the window, it must be facing to the north. There were a couple of benches facing toward the window.

"So what is the plan now?" Wind asked.

Walking over to a sheltered window, Fluttershy pointed toward a small shape in the distance. Despite trying to focus his eyes, Wondering Wind could not make out the shape that Fluttershy was pointing to.

"There is an old friend of mine that we need to meet." Fluttershy spoke, "When the night arrives we shall head that way."

Wondering Wind nodded and sat down at a bench. Fluttershy followed suite and sat down beside him.

"So who is this friend you speak of?" Wind asked.

"He is... well... complicated." Fluttershy said, "It would probably be easier if you saw him first hand rather than having me explain him. What I can see is that I was going to meet him when I was attacked."

As they sat there waiting for the hours to pass by, Wondering Wind asked Fluttershy a few questions about vamponies.

"So how do photos work with vamponies?" Wondering Wind asked as he stretched, "Are they invisible in photographs and film?"

Fluttershy shook her head, "Technically no. While our form can be seen in photographs and on camera, we will often appear as a blurry shape."

"Why is that?"

"I really can't say."

Eventually Fluttershy grew tired of answering Wondering Wind's questions. While being kind of bored of just sitting there on the bench, Wondering Wind decided to take a nap. A couple hours later the stallion felt some pony tapping him on the shoulder. Wind opened his eyes to see Fluttershy standing in front of him.

"It is time for us to go."

Finding a door, the two of them began their journey north. It was night outside with a large moon illuminating the plains above in a blue hue. Closer inspection showed that the plains consisted of pale, sun bleached grass. Fluttershy began to flap her wings and Wondering Wind followed suite, flying beside her toward their destination. It wasn't much different from flying with normal wings.

"Where are we going exactly?" Wind asked.

"My friend lives in a small hut in the distance." Fluttershy answered, "After he and I discovered this realm he made a home for himself there."

"Is he a vampony?"

Fluttershy shook her head, "No, like I said, it will be easier for you to understand when you meet him."

Thus the two vamponies flew off into the night. The light of the moon guiding their way.