• Published 19th Sep 2016
  • 3,131 Views, 43 Comments

Rara's Reality - Gear Works



Rara decides to reboot her career with a rising singer from Earth. But in order to do so, they have to be a couple. Looks like someone forgot to read the fine print on the contract.

  • ...
5
 43
 3,131

Ending the Year on a Good Note

Just a couple of days after Hearth Warming Christmas, as Twilight Sparkle wanted to call it this year, the train arrived at the Manehattan station, which was only carrying three passengers, Rick, Rara, and Coco. Each of them were carrying a single suitcase and a bag with gifts that were exchanged during Twilight’s party. All three of them were bundled up as they walked through the snow filled city.

“I still can’t believe that you would let us watch Doctor Who as your Christmas show,” Coco said to Rick. “I mean, it does have a Hearth’s Warming theme. But how cane it be Christmas if there’s an invasion?”

“When Doctor Who started back up with the 9th Doctor for one season, they started the next season with the 10th Doctor and a Christmas episode and about every other season after that,” Rick explained. “It had a Christmas feel around, but it was still an adventure going on. At least it’s a better choice than Die Hard.”

“Die Hard,” Rara said, raising an eyebrow. “Who are you?”

Rick stopped and started at Rara.

“Oh. Let me rephrase that.” She then spoke in a harsher voice. “Who are you!?”

Rick replied in the same tone. “I don’t know!!!” Everyone quickly laughed. “Still, I think it’s a change of pace from the normal Christmas movies that most would come across. I’ll make sure I get the ones of the 11th Doctor for next year. Them we can really compare a Christmas Carol.”

“I’m going to have a hard time understanding your world when you start your tour next year,” Coco said.

“Get used to it,” Rick said. “We can’t even control our weather the way you do.”

“Just wished that we had a heads up that they had to unload a ton of snow on Ponyville around Hearth’s Warming,” Rara said. “The trains couldn’t travel until the snow was cleared.”

“And they had to make an emergency request to the Crystal Empire to get them cleared,” Rick added. “Never knew that they had the equipment to make it happen.”

“Still, I’m just curious. What was it that you two and Twilight were talking about in private,” Coco asked.

“Well…”


Twilight, Applejack, Rick, and Rara were in the main chamber where the crystal table that held the cutie map was located. Twilight was aware about some of the problems that were going on back in Rick’s world that involved her kind and spent weeks doing research about some of the history and culture, as well as getting news reports that were more than what she first heard.

“So, do you think it can still work between us,” Rara said, pointing between her and Rick.

“Hey, after what she told me, I think it will work,” Applejack replied, reassuring Rara.

“After doing what research that I can find, I fell that it’s more than just personal relationships between humans and Equestrians,” Twilight explained. “Understanding the races in your world is almost like the breeds in our world. And I don’t mean between unicorns, pegasus, and earth ponies, but also dragons, griffons, and other breeds. There seems to be a common trend of blaming outside forces that they think are unwanted in their world. They want to believe that they are right and everything else is wrong. So we need to reassure to them that we are just the same as them. We go through the same problems they do, deal with the same trials, and make the best effort to learn from our mistakes.”

“And yet, we keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again, not learning from them,” Rick added.

“That’s true. But maybe we can fix that,” Twilight explained. “I call it the human/pony project. Yes I know, it’s a cheesy name. But what it does is that it allows one human and one Equestrian pony to work together and share ideas that are similar to each other. Kind of like a culture exchange. But there will be some limitations in this, and it comes from your end, so it’s still in the planning stages. But I was able to ask some of my Canterlot friends to help with the project in getting it organized.”

“I also asked some of my family members from Appleloosa if they could help, and they said that they could help if needed,” Applejack added.

“I also got help from the Wonderbolts, and both the Changeling Empire and the Dragon Lands for the exchange,” Twilight also added. “But the one who I put in charge of the project wants a human partner to help her out.”

“Who is that?” Rick asked.

Twilight and Applejack looked at each other before answering. “MOON DANCER!”

Twilight explained. “She wants someone who is experienced in your world. From its culture, to its history, to its science, and even its religion, since that is all new to any of us. And he has to be really, really smart. But I don’t know where to find someone like that. And I’m sure that we have to deal with human jobs in your world, so it would be someone who has a lot of free time to do this. I’ll have to have access to background checks, if possible, to make that happen. Could even take months.”

“And this is when Twilight starts freaking out,” Applejack said.

“I’M NOT FREAKING OUT!!!”

Applejack just glared at Twilight while she looked like a crazy mess.

“OK, maybe I am. But how am I’m suppose to find someone to work with Moon Dancer on this?”

Rick started to think and had an idea. “What about someone who has more… common sense with the world?”

“What are you talk about?” Applejack asked.

“Well, it was by chance that we came across each other,” Rick said, pointing between him and Applejack. “Perhaps I can help out with this problem as well, after all you did to make it happen between us.”

Twilight was able to get her mane straighten out and regain her composer. “Who do you have in mind?”

“Someone who I know back home,” Rick said. “We were band friends in high school and college. Graduated different years, but we kept in touch at times. He helped me get a job where he worked at after college when my music chances with downhill back then. Just messaged him back when I went to get my rent paid and learned that he decided to go semi-retire back home. He’s been busy around the house, but he’s always been complaining about the problems in the world and wishing that he could do something about it. And I don’t blame him. He’s had a rough decade with the therapy that he goes through.”

“Physical?” Applejack said.

“Mental,” Rick corrected. “Had to deal with severe depression. But since he’s been out of a job, and couldn’t find a new job that would fit him right, with all the skill sets needed that he doesn’t have, his therapy sessions have been coming to an end. And I’ve been hoping that I could repay him for helping me find a steady job to work in back then.”

“Any useful talents that I should make note?” Twilight asked Rick.

“Always organized. He can be a total neat freak at times. But that was his best quality in him. He kept all of the company’s projects in order. Also a hard worker.”

“Maybe so, but would that be enough to help Moon Dancer out?” Twilight said.

“It might be best that the two of you talk in person and see what he would think,” Rick said. “And you might want to have someone who can help his stepmom out at the house, because I heard that she’s already retired, and he’s been spending most of his time with the house work for her.”

Twilight started to rub her chin. “I might know someone in Ponyville who could help in that department.”


“A new project,” Coco said. “I hope Twilight knows what she’s doing.”

“Twilight and her friends have a lot to do with maintaining relations between both worlds,” Rick said. “If this project works, and Moon Dancer can work well with my friend, then I think we can get by without any incident. But there is one thing we can do when we go to our American tour. Make sure they enjoy themselves and bring other together, no matter who we are or what we do.”

“Is that possible?” Coco asked.

“Well, artists do have that effect on their fans when they perform,” Rara explained.

They arrived back in their own building and went inside and towards they rooms. Rick and Rara wave to Coco as she went in her room before going upstairs and in their room. Locking the door behind them, they set their bags aside and relaxed. Rick went to the kitchen area to start fixing some hot chocolate, while Rara went up to the two foot tall Christmas tree and turned on the mini bubble lights that were with it. She just stood there and watched as the lights slowly heated the liquid until it started to bubble.

“You still love those lights, do you,” Rick said to Rara.

“It’s just… amazes me to see something so beautiful on here.” She turned her attention to Rick. “I never knew lights like these even exist.”

“Where, there were bigger ones that were used long ago. But they are harder to find, since they no longer use the traditional light bulb holders.” He handed her a cup of hot chocolate while holding one of his own. “Most people my age grew up to these lights every Christmas. But now, it’s just smaller lights.”

“Well, I did like how you gave them ornaments as gifts to the girls. A Start Trek spaceship for Twilight, a Hot Wheels car for Rainbow Dash, a Barbie doll for Rarity, a Tinkerbell fairy for Fluttershy, a Transformers figure for Pinkie Pie, a Star Wars figure for Starlight, a Lord of the Rings wizard for Spike, and a Lionel train for Applejack. I think that was all fitting for each of them.”

“Starlight had to do a double take when I told her about Darth Vader being a villain who soon redeem himself in the end. But I think she understood. And I’m surprised that you went with some of those small books for each of them from my world.”

“Well, after seeing some of them when we first went there, I asked Applejack what they like and looked into something that would relate to them. Give them an idea of the world that you’re from. I still like the Nashville Broadcasting book that you had with you. A lot of natural history that could be explained in pictures better, even if it’s old. It’s almost like how our world started off in the media age, with records and radios.”

“Well, in about a month, we’ll have more of a modern home to live in. And in two months, as the winter season comes to an end, our first tour begins.”

“That’s right. We start in Canterlot, then Ponyville. And it all ends in the Crystal Empire before it moves to your world.” Rara raised her cup and clanked it with Rick’s. “Too bad we would have to leave this place.”

“Not really,” Rick said. “Sapphire Shores was able to allow us, and Coco, to keep this place. You could call it a home away from home.”

“Really?”

Rick nodded. “Most artists have two homes. And since we are from two different worlds, having two homes would do just fine. Besides, it has become more peaceful around here. Even the view of the park is nice.”

Rara went up and kissed Rick on the cheek. “Looks like everything is finally looking up for us.”

“We still have a good ways to go Rara. All we have to do is just believe that it can happen, and it will.”

Author's Note:

It might feel a bit short, but I wanted to do something that was holiday related, and give a hint to a spinoff to this story that I wanted to do for the new year.

Comments ( 1 )

This is a bit freaky, but in a cool way: I've been coming up with these fanfics starting with human Flash Sentry deciding to move to Equestria to be with Twilight Sparkle. Some I've already written (most of them are on fanfiction, I've procrastinated posting them on here), but most I still need to write (also procrastinating on that). But anyway, a later story is going to feature an OC and his human counterpart with the human counterpart ending up with Sunset Shimmer, and I was thinking of having the human world and Equestria gradually becoming more aware of each other an even allies through these two unions.

So in a way, your story is like an honorary sequel to my stories.:pinkiegasp: That's where it gets freaky, but again in a cool way.:moustache:

Login or register to comment