• Published 29th Nov 2011
  • 8,228 Views, 114 Comments

Mysterious Mare Do Well:Rise of the Shadowbolt. - Phoenix Kitten



An alternate ending to Mysterious Mare Do Well chronicling the dark path.

  • ...
20
 114
 8,228

Working from the shadows pt.1

That time again everypony.Slightly delayed again due to the arrival of Persona 3 Portable for my PSP and lending a helping hoof to a fellow aspiring author.
Anywho.Welcome to finale pt.1 of 4.With an epilogue afterwards.Enjoy.
---

Rainbow Dash had found what, or more specifically who, she was looking for as she landed in front of the sky blue unicorn mare.

"What's this? Another heroine of the highways determined to help Trixie while she's down on her luck?" The mare snarled. "Well go look elsewhere. Trixie has enough to deal with without using the last of her bits to pay some wannabe hero."

"Hmm... every bit as arrogant as you were back in Ponyville. If not more so." Rainbow smirked behind her Shadowbolt mask, which now covered the entirety of her face.

The (formerly) Great and Powerful Trixie froze and glared daggers in the direction of the costumed pegasus. "No pony is supposed to know about that unless they were there. Who are you?"

"My name isn't important right now. You can simply call me Shadowbolt. And I come with a potential method for you to test yourself." Rainbow answered as she opened one side of the saddlebags on her flank and pulled out a folded costume, throwing it onto the mares admittedly smaller travelling wagon. "Ponyville has a team of vigilantes protecting it. I'm working as a counter vigilante to bring them down. But four on one is tough odds even for a pony like myself. So I'm going to assemble a small team to help me fight back."

"If you were there in Ponyville when Trixie was broken down by that insolent lavender unicorn then you'd want to go find her wouldn't you?" Trixie sneered. "After all. What could I offer to you?"

Rainbow smirked. "Illusions."

---

Trixie accomponied the masked pegasus into the small farming community on the outskirts of Manehatten. "I saw her staying over there, hope that third costume will fit her."

"I'm not worried." Shadowbolt smirked. "I brought different costumes depending on who joined my team."

"Whatever. Just stay behind Trixie and let her do the talking." The showmare grumbled as she hitched her cart and entered the hostel.

"Ahh. Miss Trixie. Looking for a place to stay again?" The innkeeper asked.

"Save it innkeep. I the one I spent the night with still here?" Trixie asked.

The innkeeper chuckled. "Sure is. Same room too. Should I let her know you're coming up?"

"Yes." Trixie led the pegasus upstairs.


The two mares climbed to sets of stairs trotted towards the room at the end of the third floor hallway.
"Remember. Let Trixie do the talking." The unicorn said as she knocked on the door to the room.

"The doors open." a voice called out.

Trixie opened the door,revealing a griffon sitting on a bed reading a magazine. "What do you want Trix?"

"I want nothing. But the mare behind me does." Trixie said,stepping to the side.

Gilda's beak twitched before she charged forward and threw Trixie out of the room, slamming the door and locking it, slamming a stretch of tape over the keyhole. "Hello again." She snarled. "Rainbow Dash."

---

Trixie had her ear pressed against the door to the room after Gilda had thrown her out. She could here loud crashes and screaming. She tried to put her eye to the keyhole but found it blocked with a piece of tape.

She huffed and slumped herself against the wall next to the door,waiting.

---

Gilda held the unmasked Shadowbolt to the wall by the neck with her talons. "Rainbow Dash..." She growled. "What are you doing here? Come back to mess with me some more or have you come to your sense and ditched those lame-o ponies?"

Rainbow offered a pained smirk. "You... still...sore about...that? Wasn't it... you that...cut ties with...me?"

The griffon roared and dug her claws into Rainbows chest.

Rainbow offered a pained chuckle. "Well... I've got a proposition for you..." She coughed. "Want to tear up the town that shunned you?"

"More than I want to tear up you? No. But go on." The angry griffon growled.

"Some team of vigilantes is ruining my rep in Ponyville." Rainbow explained. "You and Trixie help me put them down." She felt Gilda's claws ease up as she mulled it over.

"I'll be able to target whoever I want?" Gilda asked.

Rainbow nodded before she feel to the floor.

"Alright Dash. You got yourself a deal." Gilda extended her claw to the fallen pegasus.

Rainbow brushed the griffons claw away with her hoof and stood up, rummaging through her saddlebags before pulling out a big costume decorated like her own. "Welcome to the Shadows." She sneered.

"Why did you have a griffon sized costume with you?"

"I figured I'd run into you... or another pony hating griffon I could turn to my cause."

Gilda shrugged. "Any word on our targets? Names, abilities? Shit like that?"

"I'll tell you on the way."Rainbow said as she pulled her mask back over her head.

---
As usual...you can contact me at TwilightSparklepony@hotmail.com, on League of Legends(Summoner handle:Diamond Striker), or on xbox Live(GT:A wild Glaceon.)
PEACE!