• Published 19th Sep 2016
  • 2,621 Views, 4 Comments

I'm Sorry - Oldtakufanboy



I did something horrible back when she and I were in middle school and I have come to apologize to her and make up for what I had done.

  • ...
5
 4
 2,621

I'm Sorry

Every day was painful. I keep on thinking about the day I made a girl transfer out of middle school. People hated me and called me terrible things like jerk, asshole, or even a jackass. I was kicked by boys, girls splashed water on me, and I always have a bunch of hate letters that said hurtful things. This went on for a while and it sort of died down when I was in my sophomore year in Canterlot High. By that time, I had to make things right. I wanted to die, but before I do, I want to apologize to her. Who is this girl you ask? Her name is Fluttershy, the sweetest girl you will ever know.

It was Thursday morning and the bell doesn't ring for another thirty minutes. I walk down the sidewalk and spotted Fluttershy handing out papers like she does every once in a while. I stopped and took a deep breath.

"Come on, Jacob," I said to myself, "just go up to her and apologize. You can then later end your life."

I continued my walk towards her, but stopped a foot away. I was very nervous as my body began to quiver. I gulped down the lump in my throat and opened my mouth.

"Excuse me," I said from afar, "F-fluttershy?"

She looks towards me and gives me a look of freight. She quickly puts away her papers and hurries up the stairs towards the school doors.

"Wait," I shouted, as I chase after her, "I want to talk to you! Please! Just hear me out!"


So you want to know what happened? Are you curious to why she is afraid of me? Let's take a trip back in time to my freshman years when I was in middle school sitting with my friend Blake who has been friends with me since I was five. The teacher was out of the room for a second to bring in the new girl as Blake and I threw paper balls at one another. Back then, I was different; I was rowdy, mischievous, and somewhat out of control.

As the teacher walked in, Blake hid the ball and the class became silent.

"All right everyone," said the teacher, as she opened the door all the way, "meet the new student."

A girl with pink hair, pink shirt and jeans walks in with a soft smile upon her lips. To me, she looked descent, but everyone else thought she was cute, kind and gentle. I didn't think like them; she looked like every other girl who wanted to look good on their first day here.

"My name is Miss Green," said the teacher, "and this is our math class. For now, you can read a booker draw until the next lesson."

"Okay," said the new girl in a squeaky and soft voice, "hello everyone. My name is Fluttershy and I hope we can all get along."

"Hi Fluttershy," said everyone else besides me.

"Why don't you sit next to Jacob," said Miss Green, as she points to the empty seat next to mine.

Fluttershy walks up to the desk beside me and sits in. She takes out a book of hers and places it in front of herself. She turns her head to me and smiles. I scoffed and looked away.

"Like I care," I thought to myself, as the teacher began todays lesson.

As time went on, it was Fluttershy this and Fluttershy that. My friend Blake became so obsessed with her that he began to stop hanging out with me and go all flirty over Fluttershy. I tried asking some other kids to play with me, but I always get rejected because all they care about is Fluttershy. Fluttershy! Fluttershy! Fluttershy! It's always about her! Everything was fine until she showed up. She took my friend and now no one wants to play with me.

One day during lunch break, I sat alone eating a sandwich while watching people crowd around Fluttershy, including Blake. I hear that she's a smart girl and she says that she likes to be a veterinarian when she grows up.

"Wow Fluttershy," said a female student, "you're really good at math."

"Thanks," said Fluttershy, "my mother taught me."

She then looks up to me, making me look away and eating more of my sandwich.

"I hate you Fluttershy," I thought to myself, "I have no one to talk to and you stole my friend with your beauty. I hate it! I hate it! I hate it!"

"Um excuse me," said a voice to my right.

I turn my head and see Fluttershy looking down at me with her usual smile.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Can I sit down with you?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Is 'no' not good enough for an answer? How about leave me alone?"

"Why are you so mean? I just want to sit with you? I won't be irritating. I promise."

"You are irritating. Now go away!"

"Why are-"

I couldn't help it; I get up from my seat and pushed her to the floor, along with the food from her tray as it falls onto her shirt.

"Shut up!" I shouted, "I hate you! You took my friend from me and everyone is all over you! Everything was fine before you showed up!"

"Jacob!" said a male voice from the cafeteria.

I looked around and spotted Jacob from afar looking at me with shock. I look back at Fluttershy who slowly gets up from the ground with messy clothes. I gritted my teeth and kicked her back to the ground and then kicked her some more.

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" I repeated, as I kicked Fluttershy repeatedly.

Suddenly, I was yanked backwards and was pulled up to one of the yard duty's.

"What are you doing?!" he roared at me.

"He was kicking Fluttershy," said a girl from the crowd.

"I saw it too," said Blake, "he was hurting her."

I can't believe it! My friend, my one and only friend is also tattling on me. I looked around the cafeteria, as everyone stared at me with anger, surprise, and disgust. I have never felt embarrassed in my life. I was grabbed by the arm and pulled into the principal's office where I sat down on a soft chair waiting for him to speak with me. Mr. Pensworth is his name; he's 69 years old, been principal since the 70s and wears glasses for his almost dying eyes. He's a nice guy, but when things get serious like the situation I'm in, he's pretty serious.

"Young man," said the Mr. Pensworth, as he adjusted is glasses, "you are in for a lot of trouble. You know what happens when students do this sort of schtick, right?"

"I get a call from my parents?" I replied.

"That and you are suspended for the next few days until Friday."

"Okay Sir."

"Young man, why would you do such a thing?"

"I hate the new girl."

"Miss Fluttershy? But why?"

"She's too perfect for this school. Everyone likes her, but not me."

"Are you jealous?"

"No! I hate her because my friend stopped hanging out with me because all he cares about is her. Everything was fine before she showed up."

"I see... well, you will regret your actions."

"Regret my actions? No way. I regret nothing."

But I did eventually... my parent's roared at me and I was punished by no electronics for a week. They don't know, but I always stay up late and watch some cartoons during nine. My parents fall asleep pretty early, but I'm a night owl; I usually stay up till ten or eleven. By the time I went back to middle school, everyone gave me a pissed off look. I wondered what crawled up their asses? I a few times see girls whispering to one another when I come into their view. I was very curious to why everyone is angry with me and why they gossip about me behind my back. I then spotted my friend Blake hanging out with his two other friends near the gym and decided to ask them. When I came up to them, they looked at me like everyone else: angrily.

"H-hey guys," I said, "what's up?"

"Nothing," said Blake, "we're just playing game called 'let's not be friends with Jacob'."

"What?"

"You heard him," said the friend on the left, "back off."

"Whoa! Whoa! Guys! What's going on? Why's everyone angry with me?"

"You don't know?" said the friend on the right, "everyone's pissed off with you. Even the teachers are angry with you. You made Fluttershy transfer schools."

"Wh-what? Seriously? All because I made a girl switch schools? You gotta be kidding."

I laughed, but was cut off short, as someone behind me tripped me. I look up and see this large kid with spiky hair looking down at me.

"Hey," said the boy, "you the one who kicked out Fluttershy?"

"He is," said Blake.

The boy cracks his knuckles before raising his fist and slamming down against my jaw. My face slam down against the ground with a thud. I pulled up and spit out a little of blood and a tooth.

"Go to hell," said the boy before spitting on me.

He walked away, as I staggered up to my feet. I look back at Blake, as he and his friends walked away from me.

That act was only the beginning; throughout my middle school years, someone would trip me, beat me up, called me names, and would lie to a teacher for making him or her believe that I caused the problem. As for Blake, he and I went our separate ways and has hanged out more with his douchebag friends. The only friends I have are my parents and no one else. Every night, I sob for the consequences of my actions. I even began remembering what the principal told me about regretting my actions. I now know what he meant; being an ass to Fluttershy has changed my life none the less.

I'm now at Canterlot high in my sophomore year and today is the day I go and apologize to Fluttershy. I can't bear staying in the shadows of regrets. I have to make things right.


"Fluttershy," I shouted down the hall while chasing Fluttershy, "please! I just wanted to apologize! Just hear me out!"

I was so fixated on chasing Fluttershy that I didn't see the wet floor sign. I slipped and fell to the ground, getting my clothes wet. I laid on the floor and began to sob. I clench my fist and slammed it against the wet floor.

"That's it," I thought to myself, "I'm gonna live the rest of my life regretting an action that has made my life a living hell. I guess I'll be dead with regret."

I continue to sob until I heard footsteps walking up to me. I slowly look up and see Fluttershy looking down at me. She takes a knee and give me a hand. I get up to my feet and look down at my wet clothes.

"Here," said Fluttershy, as she reaches behind herself and pulls out a towel from her backpack, "dry yourself with this."

"Th-thanks," I said, as I dried myself off the best I could.

"What do you want?"

"Fluttershy," I said, handing her back the towel, "I wanted to apologize... from what I did in middle school. I was a horrible person and I regret my actions. I'm sorry. So very sorry for what I did."

I couldn't help it; more tears came out from my eyes and I fell to my knees.

"Please," I said, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

I covered my face, as the sobbing grew louder. I then felt a hand on my shoulder; I look up and see Fluttershy looking down on me with pity.

"I forgive you," said Fluttershy, giving me a faint smile, "I'll forgive you."

The both of us stood up and looked at one another.

"I'm sorry, Fluttershy," I said, as I wipe the tears away with the side of my arm, "I'm very sorry. I know I was a horrible person but... do you think... we can start over?"

"Yes we can," said Fluttershy, "everyone deserves a second chance. You deserve that second chance."

Fluttershy opens her arms and wraps them around me gently. I couldn't help, but hug back. I don't know why I asked for starting over. To that day, I don't understand, but I felt better. It felt good to apologize for what I did. Since then, Fluttershy and I slowly began to get close to one another. We eventually became friends and my life has been so much better than my younger years. I may have ruined Fluttershy's middle school years, but I'm gonna help her; I'm going to do with all the power I have to make things work out between us.

Comments ( 3 )

It be pretty ironic if they fell in love and got married

I would love to see a sequel to this :twilightsmile:

I feel like this whould've had another turn If he was friends with Diamond tiara and Silver spoon but i guess this is another school because of the alternate universe tag

Or Gilda oh heck she whould be your bro or more for picking on fluttershy in particular

Login or register to comment