• Published 22nd Sep 2016
  • 2,211 Views, 157 Comments

The Empire today - Bronycommander



A Stormtrooper who likes children and his buddy who is a Scout trooper find on Endor a pegasus filly almost eaten by Ewoks.

  • ...
5
 157
 2,211

Chapter 6 Recovery

Chapter 6: Recovery

Back on the Stormy, Scootaloo was brought by Imperial medics to the infirmary.

A 2-1B Medi droid was treating her. “She’s need to stay in a bacta-tank for a while. But I’m to 99% sure that she will survive.”
“How can you be so sure? That Rebel scum shot her in the heart!”
“I understand your concern for her. But a bacta-tank can heal even such a life-threatening wound. A Bacta-cleaning would be too dangerous because of her young age. I'll keep you up to date about her condition. And I have treated patients with much worse wounds that survived in a bacta-tank.”
“Thanks, doc.”
“That’s my programming, Sir.”

Days passed, turned into weeks. Forren however, never left Scootaloo's side. Every one of the crew, including Miro and Ray, gave his condolences and wished her a quick recovery.

For Forren happened one of his worst thought. That his family got hurt or killed. Sure, his wife and Son were always worried about his safety when he was on duty, but Forren was a battle-tested Soldier and had survived many battles. For him, it was much worse, that his Family got killed or hurt when he was on Duty. Scootaloo was no exception. Since the day he found her, he saw her already as a member of his family.

Ian walked in. “Sir?”
“At ease. I know how worried you are about her.”
“Yes, Sir. It’s just… I will never forgive myself if she dies. She’s too young to die. I should have been shot.”
Ian hugged him and patted his back. “Listen Soldier, it wasn’t your fault. Nobody could know that the Rebel was playing dead.”

“Thank you, Sir.”
“Anytime. Besides, you should know that she conquered all hearts of the crew of the Stormy. If you wish to bring her home, so be it. I’m in. And the entire Stormy too.”

The droid interrupted them, “I have good news. She’s responding well to the medication. She’s out of danger.”
“Thank goodness.” Forren was relieved.
“I will inform the rest of the crew.” Ian was also relieved. He was a caring man. The safety of his ship, his crew and his guests on it were his top priority.

While the filly was in the tank, she had a dream.

She did some kind Rap battle with the man in the black cloak.

"Yo momma is so stupid that even Darth Plagueis can't help her!" The name just pooped in there.
"Yo momma is so weak, that she has born a pegasus who can't fly!"
"Yo momma is so fat that even the moon isn't big enough to banish her!" She countered with a grin.
"Yo momma's faith is so... so... that... uhh..." He was lost for words.
"Scoots wins!" Vader threw him over a edge where he exploded with a Sonic Rainbow, overpowering her senses.

A few Days later, Scootaloo regained consciousness. She was still in the infirmary but no longer in a bacta-tank. Instead, she was on a bed with a warm blanket covering her.
“Oh, that hurt.” She was holding her chest.
“Scootaloo, you’re awake.”
“Forren? How long was I unconscious?”
“A couple of weeks.”
“A couple of weeks?! My parents must be worried sick!” She panicked.

“Shh, calm down. Since you’re finally awake, we can send out the probe droids if you can provide us with information’s.”
Scootaloo grinned. “The capital of Equestria is Canterlot. It’s a glamorous and sophisticated city. Its looks like a castle carved into the side of the mountain.
Cloudsdale is like its name says a city made out of Clouds.”
“Sounds like the Cloud city on Bespin. Since I can find no information about Equestria in our database, it must be located somewhere in the Outer Rim or the Unknown Regions. But as you should know, our probe droids are programmed to extreme curiosity. With that the chances are low that they can miss anything on their investigation. I will also provide them with a hologram message for first contact with your people.” Ian left to prepare the Probots.

“Sir, a message for you,” An officer spoke to Forren. “Yes?”
“It’s about your family. They…”
“Come on, say it.”
“They died in a terrible accident. There was a short circuit which set the house on fire. The fire department could only find the corpses.”

At this moment Forren collapsed to the ground crying uncontrollably. “Miro… Ray… No…NO!”
“Forren…” Scootaloo tried to comfort him but he didn’t listen. With no other option available she shouted as loud as she could, “FORREN!” He stopped crying and looked at her.

“I’m sorry for your loss. But don’t forget: I’m here for you.” She hugged him tightly.
“Yes you are. You’re the only part of my family that is left.” He calmed down and swore that he will do whatever it would take to bring her home. No matter the cost.

They looked out of the window. Hundreds of probe droids were sent out to the remotest parts of the galaxy with only one goal: Finding Scootaloo’s home.

Author's Note:

That's good that she survived. Thanks redsopine for the suggestion with the yo momma fight. That's the best ideas I could come up with but feel free to give me some more to edit.
I find that the music of the ending of The Empire Strikes back was fitting perfectly with the scene.
Who those who don't know, the fight is based on this video.